Hacking Switch not booting after changing nogc

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all, my cartridge wasn't being read after updating atmosphere, so I follow the guide to change the BTC.ini. Now my switch isn't booting at all, and when I put it into the docking station the green light goes on and turns off instantly. The screen stays black and the injector for atmosphere is also not blinking. It was on 30 minute's ago, so I can't imagine it has something to do with the battery level.

I changed the nogc back to how it was before but it is still not working. Help!

Last edited by britt4x4,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey all, my cartridge wasn't being read after updating atmosphere, so I follow the guide to change the BTC.ini. Now my switch isn't booting at all, and when I put it into the docking station the green light goes on and turns off instantly. The screen stays black and the injector for atmosphere is also not blinking. It was on 30 minute's ago, so I can't imagine it has something to do with the battery level.

I changed the nogc back to how it was before but it is still not working. Help!
I don't think it has anything to do with changing BCT.ini as it's not powering on correctly. At worst, using newer gamecart firmware on older firmware and disabling nogc, you would get a crash with an error message once the system is booted. If it's not powering on at all, that sounds more like a hardware fault.

britt4x4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think it has anything to do with changing BCT.ini as it's not powering on correctly. At worst, using newer gamecart firmware on older firmware and disabling nogc, you would get a crash with an error message once the system is booted. If it's not powering on at all, that sounds more like a hardware fault.
It would be quite a strange coincidence that it happend the instant I changed it, no? I've got no insurance as it is a cracked switch, but it was already updated to atmosphere 0.10.5 a few weeks ago and working fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily