Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there some ways to connect the switch to the PC using USB, but WHILE the switch is docked?
I tried to connect USB-C from my PC, to the USB on the dock, but it doesn't seems to work.

That would just avoid me to remove it from the dock and use the usb-c cable I want to install nsp over usb or transfer files using mtp, as I could just let the cable between the pc and the dock. I'm not sure if you got what I meant.
As far as I know, that is not possible.
Hey!

So now its finally the time to change from sx os to atmosphere. But before I wipe my old sd-card with sx os and so on... Should I remove save files from my console? Anything else I should do before changing to atmosphere?

Im on ofw 9.0. Should I update my ofw to 15.0 or do I even need to update my ofw if im not gonna pay online? Do I need to update to 15.0 if I wanna play new backups like Persona 5?

Thanks in advance!
Its just a CFW meaning you're just swapping some files on the SD card. Its not like you're changing consoles anytime soon. I wouldn't recommend updating to firmware 15.0 as it was just released so its quite unstable for CFW and homebrew. And its literally impossible for any games to require that firmware because the game would have to have been in active development after that firmware was already released and 15.0 was just released a few days ago.

Reactions: gemartic

gemartic

Trophies
XP
Country
As far as I know, that is not possible.

Its just a CFW meaning you're just swapping some files on the SD card. Its not like you're changing consoles anytime soon. I wouldn't recommend updating to firmware 15.0 as it was just released so its quite unstable for CFW and homebrew. And its literally impossible for any games to require that firmware because the game would have to have been in active development after that firmware was already released and 15.0 was just released a few days ago.
So do the new backup-games work if my ofw is 9.0? Do i even need to upgrade my ofw at all?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So do the new backup-games work if my ofw is 9.0? Do i even need to upgrade my ofw at all?
Sorry, forgot to answer this question. 9.0 is fairly old so I would recommend updating as even though newer games won't need 15.0 for a while, they will still need a fairly recent firmware. I advise you to update to the last stable firmware which was the one before 15.0 (14.2 if I'm mistaken). As for how to update your firmware, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere. Usage is pretty simple. The only tricky part is manually downloading the firmware files you wish to update to. Since those are copyrighted, I cannot provide help on where to find them but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.

gemartic

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, forgot to answer this question. 9.0 is fairly old so I would recommend updating as even though newer games won't need 15.0 for a while, they will still need a fairly recent firmware. I advise you to update to the last stable firmware which was the one before 15.0 (14.2 if I'm mistaken). As for how to update your firmware, you can use the homebrew application Daybreak which comes bundled with Atmosphere. Usage is pretty simple. The only tricky part is manually downloading the firmware files you wish to update to. Since those are copyrighted, I cannot provide help on where to find them but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.
Which guide would you recommend? Rentryguide?

Edit: Also my old sx os is sysnand. After I get atmosphere working can I change to emunand?
Post automatically merged:

Which guide would you

Edit: Also my old sx os is sysnand. After I get atmosphere working can I change to emunand?
So basically is it possible to get from sx os sysnand to atmosphere emunand? I dont care about playing online but I heard that if I brick my console it would be wise to have atmosphere on emunand and have a backup for sysnand? Right?

Last edited by gemartic,
Reactions: binkinator

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

im trying to mod another switch.

when I try to launch hetake I get this error on the screen:

"old NIX GUI found, there will be dragons" or something similar like that

Also I noticed that I am unable to load CFW EMU MMC as I noticed for some reaosn emuMMC is disabled and i cant seem to unable it

CFW SysMMC works ok

anyone have a way to fix this? hope it just a case of replacing a few files etc but do let me know
maybe i just got lucky first time around

ok i think i managed to fix the dragon error by replacing files in the bootlader folder

the problem is that CFW EMU MMC does not launch it says
"emuMMC is forced but not enabled failed to launch HOS press any key"

any idea how to fix that?

Last edited by Psd99,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

im trying to mod another switch.

when I try to launch hetake I get this error on the screen:

"old NIX GUI found, there will be dragons" or something similar like that

Also I noticed that I am unable to load CFW EMU MMC as I noticed for some reaosn emuMMC is disabled and i cant seem to unable it

CFW SysMMC works ok

anyone have a way to fix this? hope it just a case of replacing a few files etc but do let me know
maybe i just got lucky first time around

ok i think i managed to fix the dragon error by replacing files in the bootlader folder

the problem is that CFW EMU MMC does not launch it says
"emuMMC is forced but not enabled failed to launch HOS press any key"

any idea how to fix that?
Your bootloader is forcing a emunand but it can’t find an emunand on you SDCard. Did you create one?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So basically is it possible to get from sx os sysnand to atmosphere emunand? I dont care about playing online but I heard that if I brick my console it would be wise to have atmosphere on emunand and have a backup for sysnand? Right?
As I stated before, CFW are just files on an SD card. They aren't installed anywhere. Its more accurate to say you "ran" SX OS on sysMMC. CFW can be run on emuMMC as long as you choose that option when booting the console. Also, you don't really need a guide since SX OS and Atmosphere are booted the same way so you're just booting with the Atmosphere payload instead of the SX OS payload. I recommend downloading this set of Atmosphere files as it not only contains Atmosphere but Hekate which is not only a payload that is used to launch Atmosphere but contains a myriad of other useful functions. Lastly, a brick can happen to either sysMMC or emuMMC. If it happens to emuMMC, you don't need a backup but you will lose everything if you don't have one since you will need to make another emuMMC to recover. It sysMMC becomes bricked, you definitely require a backup otherwise that is your actual console which is bricked.

gemartic

Trophies
XP
Country
As I stated before, CFW are just files on an SD card. They aren't installed anywhere. Its more accurate to say you "ran" SX OS on sysMMC. CFW can be run on emuMMC as long as you choose that option when booting the console. Also, you don't really need a guide since SX OS and Atmosphere are booted the same way so you're just booting with the Atmosphere payload instead of the SX OS payload. I recommend downloading this set of Atmosphere files as it not only contains Atmosphere but Hekate which is not only a payload that is used to launch Atmosphere but contains a myriad of other useful functions. Lastly, a brick can happen to either sysMMC or emuMMC. If it happens to emuMMC, you don't need a backup but you will lose everything if you don't have one since you will need to make another emuMMC to recover. It sysMMC becomes bricked, you definitely require a backup otherwise that is your actual console which is bricked.
Im currently making a nand backup with sx os. Its gonna take some time. Should I then make emunand by using sx os? Or not?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im currently making a nand backup with sx os. Its gonna take some time. Should I then make emunand by using sx os? Or not?
I'd sooner trust an emuMMC made using Hekate than SX OS. I'd also sooner trust a backup dumped with Hekate rather than SX OS but if you already started one, you don't have to stop.

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hello.
So installed a 2. switch today and took the time to install emummc.
On my old i used only sys, non banned.
But what are the limitations on using emummc? Also can i play local coop like animal crossing with emummc?

Also can i change the system version on either emu or sys, and the other wil stay? Its completely 2 different systems?

Last edited by maraxion,

Kiran36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone, I need some help with my switch, some days ago I updated it not really thinking about what could happen and after trying to start atmosphere it popped up a message saying i needed to update the gelee fuse, so I went to some webs updated the hekate and atmosphere along with the fusee.bin (I think i did it correctly) but now when I try to start atmosphere it doesnt pop up error screens or anything but when it restarts your switch and enters the CFW version (I think, I'm not really sure what happens) it doesnt let me play the pirated games, is there anything i'm missing?
I don't really know a lot about how does this works so apologies in advance if I'm not using technical terms or missing something (also english is not my first language so sorry for that too)

The versions I installed are atmosphere 1.4 and hekate 5.9

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok great I created the partition and now I get the options to boot correctly

I see hekate is also been updated, as the load screen looks a bit diff from my other switch.

I see stock, fusee and two other ones that I can boot into - whats the difference between the two sys MMC and EMuMMC ?

never really understood. Is one of them booting into the memory card and the other the system memory?

also I was connected to the wifi and the switch recognises that there is a new OS update

obv didnt update it but now when i try to launch an installed game it pops up with "ready to start system update" - i can override this by htting start software but then i get "an error has occured 2155-8007"

firstly

1. how do I stop the "ready to start system update" pop up window
2. How do i fix the 8007 error is that like signature patches or something?>

Last edited by Psd99,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I also make now hekate backup or after changing to atmosphere?
I would do it before switching to Atmopshere.
hello.
So installed a 2. switch today and took the time to install emummc.
On my old i used only sys, non banned.
But what are the limitations on using emummc? Also can i play local coop like animal crossing with emummc?

Also can i change the system version on either emu or sys, and the other wil stay? Its completely 2 different systems?
There are really no limitations to emuMMC. Its meant to act exactly like sysMMC except that it exists on your SD card. And updating the firmware in one doesn't affect the other.
Hi everyone, I need some help with my switch, some days ago I updated it not really thinking about what could happen and after trying to start atmosphere it popped up a message saying i needed to update the gelee fuse, so I went to some webs updated the hekate and atmosphere along with the fusee.bin (I think i did it correctly) but now when I try to start atmosphere it doesnt pop up error screens or anything but when it restarts your switch and enters the CFW version (I think, I'm not really sure what happens) it doesnt let me play the pirated games, is there anything i'm missing?
I don't really know a lot about how does this works so apologies in advance if I'm not using technical terms or missing something (also english is not my first language so sorry for that too)

The versions I installed are atmosphere 1.4 and hekate 5.9
Yes, you are missing the patches. You can download those from this thread.
ok great I created the partition and now I get the options to boot correctly

I see hekate is also been updated, as the load screen looks a bit diff from my other switch.

I see stock, fusee and two other ones that I can boot into - whats the difference between the two sys MMC and EMuMMC ?

never really understood. Is one of them booting into the memory card and the other the system memory?

also I was connected to the wifi and the switch recognises that there is a new OS update

obv didnt update it but now when i try to launch an installed game it pops up with "ready to start system update" - i can override this by htting start software but then i get "an error has occured 2155-8007"

firstly

1. how do I stop the "ready to start system update" pop up window
2. How do i fix the 8007 error is that like signature patches or something?>
emuMMC is a copy of sysMMC that exists on the SD card. If you aren't familiar with it, then you haven't set it up yet. To stop the update window, simply boot into Maintenance Mode which you can do by holding volume + and - when turning the console on. However make sure to delete the Wi-Fi settings before booting into Maintenance Mode otherwise, the system update will be downloaded again. The error code is most likely due to missing the patches which you can get from this thread.

Reactions: Kiran36

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated atmosphere/hekate/sigpatches to the latest, but I wonder if the newest Tinfoil update requires you to be on firmware 15.0 as well? I wanted to keep my emunand on 14.1.2 but tinfoil wouldn't start, so I tried reinstalling it but it still refuses to start giving the same error, I tried both by installing the NSP through goldleaf and by using the self installer. The former finishes the install but then gives the error when trying to run it, while the self-installer immediately gives the same error upon launching, though it still manages to create the Tinfoil icon on the home menu.
Also I noticed that these bad Tinfoil installs on my home menu claim to be version 13.0 in its detail page. Goldleaf also reports the NSP installers for 15.0 as 13.0, so I wonder if this was an error on the devs' part or if I'm messing something up.

To clarify this is the error I get every time:
Clipboard Image.jpg

Last edited by chonky,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated atmosphere/hekate/sigpatches to the latest, but I wonder if the newest Tinfoil update requires you to be on firmware 15.0 as well? I wanted to keep my emunand on 14.1.2 but tinfoil wouldn't start, so I tried reinstalling it but it still refuses to start giving the same error, I tried both by installing the NSP through goldleaf and by using the self installer. The former finishes the install but then gives the error when trying to run it, while the self-installer immediately gives the same error upon launching, though it still manages to create the Tinfoil icon on the home menu.
Also I noticed that these bad Tinfoil installs on my home menu claim to be version 13.0 in its detail page. Goldleaf also reports the NSP installers for 15.0 as 13.0, so I wonder if this was an error on the devs' part or if I'm messing something up.

To clarify this is the error I get every time:
View attachment 332666
I'd highly recommend using a good installer such as TinWoo Installer because both of the ones you mentioned aren't quality.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I tried installing the NSP through TinWoo and got the same result. Unless you mean using TinWoo as an alternative to Tinfoil? Because I'm not sure it does quite the same things.
Yes, I meant as an alternative. It can install from SD card, over Wi-Fi, through USB, and HDD. That is honesty everything you nee and then some.

chonky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I meant as an alternative. It can install from SD card, over Wi-Fi, through USB, and HDD. That is honesty everything you nee and then some.
But I like the fancy shop browsing, I donated to pro and all

Anyways I managed to make it work by using the sigpatches on Teknik's page instead. Sorry for the troubles :shy:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1