Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

LarsKusanagi

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I seem kinda new here. Is there any way to transfer save files from PC to unhacked/OFW Switch without getting possibly banned?

I bought Switch 5 days ago with my App Point (OVO) & use MUA3 as a chosen random FREE game to pick, yet the leveling up feels too waste of time to be stuck on Infinity Trial before entering the next chapter & part that has higher level difficulties.

nickieemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Assuming you've never launched it, your sysMMC should be untouched. There's really no other to verify if its intact though.

And yes, many homebrew apps were developed before Windows 11 so they may or may not be compatible. To be fair, this is also the first time I've seen someone claim Windows 11 is giving them issues so I'm not entirely sure if its due to Windows 11 or everyone else just uses older operating systems. Its just speculation on my part. You are right that the problem shouldn't be with your USB cable otherwise you wouldn't have been able to send the payload in the first place.
I have launched the OFW but never the CFW sysNAND. I assume by what you are saying, that if I were to launch the CFW sysNAND, then that would change the sysNAND (for both OFW and CFW sysNAND). Is there a way to remove the option of the CFW sysMMC then (maybe in a config file)? How come this option was not present when I made a file CFW emuMMC?

As for Windows 11, I always thought that there is no change from Windows 8 and onwards in terms of compatibility.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I seem kinda new here. Is there any way to transfer save files from PC to unhacked/OFW Switch without getting possibly banned?

I bought Switch 5 days ago with my App Point (OVO) & use MUA3 as a chosen random FREE game to pick, yet the leveling up feels too waste of time to be stuck on Infinity Trial before entering the next chapter & part that has higher level difficulties.
You unfortunately cannot transfer saves at all on a ofw unhacked console. The saves are stored internally to the switch. which means cfw methods to get to.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that one & the one game I installed on it is asking me 2 turn off airplane mode & when I do that it checks & fails so clearly those sigpatches dont work. I guess it is possible that I did something wrong but in my experience the sigpatches are the problem
Okay but everyone on this forum uses those patches so if those patches don't work, someone would have pointed that out a long time ago. These patches definitely work because I also personally use them so something is wrong on your end. Are you sure its not a bad dump you downloaded? Try getting the game from a different place.

You cannot transfer save files without hacking and hacking the console can get you possibly banned so what you're asking for is impossible twice over.
I have launched the OFW but never the CFW sysNAND. I assume by what you are saying, that if I were to launch the CFW sysNAND, then that would change the sysNAND (for both OFW and CFW sysNAND). Is there a way to remove the option of the CFW sysMMC then (maybe in a config file)? How come this option was not present when I made a file CFW emuMMC?

As for Windows 11, I always thought that there is no change from Windows 8 and onwards in terms of compatibility.
sysMMC is just a fancy name for your console. OFW and CFW are modes for launching either sysMMC or emuMMC. Launching CFW on sysMMC will leave traces of CFW that will persist even if you turn off the console which can get you banned regardless if you launch OFW or CFW from sysMMC afterwards. If you really wish to remove that option, you can delete the entry from the hekate_ipl.ini file on your SD card. Also that option being on there has nothing to do with the process of making emuMMC. Creating an emuMMC only creates an emuMMC, nothing more, nothing less. The launch options in the hekate_ipl.ini file are either created by the user themselves or come pre-configured with the most popular boot options including CFW sysMMC because there are exclusive uses for launching CFW on sysMMC.

As for Windows 11, as I previously said, it was just speculation on my part. I'm not all too familiar with the OS and with few other users reporting similar issues, its hard to identify the real cause.
Hello,

After the Atmosphere startup issue. I decided to start fresh. So i backed up my emunand and extracted all the save files. Backed up my SD card and wiped my SD card. I wiped the SDCard and followed the guide here to start recreating the emunand https://rentry.org/MarikoEmuNAND.

Towards the end of the guide it says to turn off the Switch and "Place your SD card back into your PC and move back any previously deleted files into your SD card." So i put every thing back and along side some NRO tools and Retroarch. The moment i start the switch i get the SX "boot.dat" logo. i copied the same boot.dat boot.ini and payload.bin to a different sd card and it booted straight into Hekate.

The only thing i can think of is the extra partition on the SD card that was created during the creation of the emunand. How do i get the boot.dat to be detected?
You followed a bad guide. That guide you linked is not very good whatsoever. I highly recommend starting fresh and following this guide instead. Not only is it the first Switch hacking guide to ever be released but its also been regularly updated as the scene progressed so its much better than the guide you used.

DillyDilly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but everyone on this forum uses those patches so if those patches don't work, someone would have pointed that out a long time ago. These patches definitely work because I also personally use them so something is wrong on your end. Are you sure its not a bad dump you downloaded? Try getting the game from a different place.
All right you were right & I am wrong as I re did everything again & they do in fact worked so thanks

Reactions: Draxzelex

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You unfortunately cannot transfer saves at all on a ofw unhacked console. The saves are stored internally to the switch. which means cfw methods to get to.
There is a video on youtube from a guy using tegraexplorer.bin in order to copy the saved files from emunand to stock sysnand. He says that the risk is always there. However, if the saved file doesn't contain any weird stuff, it should be safe.

Update: I double checked and @LarsKusanagi wanted to transfer the saved files to another unhacked switch, so what I said doesn't apply. sorry folks! :moogle:

Last edited by elecu,

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so quick question, I'm actually loving my modded switch with atmosphere and the game I play the most is Zelda breath of the wild. I'm hoping there is a hack/mod where I can 'Modify' my current game save lol

Is there a way for me to cheat in this game with getting say unlimited rupees or something similar like that?

Reactions: burhansalih

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so quick question, I'm actually loving my modded switch with atmosphere and the game I play the most is Zelda breath of the wild. I'm hoping there is a hack/mod where I can 'Modify' my current game save lol

Is there a way for me to cheat in this game with getting say unlimited rupees or something similar like that?

yep there is. Search the game ID you'll find it.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I haven't used any of them myself (yet?), but I found three BotW save editors that might do what you want:

https://pablopenna.github.io/savegame-editors/zelda-botw/
https://github.com/Jpe230/BOTW-Save-Editor-GUI
https://github.com/lud99/botw-unexplored

Reactions: Psd99

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

razorrenevant

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi friends! My switch shuts down after low power notif, when I attach my hori split pad pro to it, even though the switch is fully charged. What should I do?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi friends! My switch shuts down after low power notif, when I attach my hori split pad pro to it, even though the switch is fully charged. What should I do?
First of all, I'd stop attaching your Hori split pad pro to it, at least until the problem is identified.

Now, this seems to me like an electrical problem with the contacts at the bottom of your Switch's JoyCon rails - the ones we need to short to boot the Switch into RCM mode and their neighbors. It might just be an easy to fix short that the Switch shuts down from to protect the battery or something along those lines.However, I am not very knowledgeable in this area, so let's go through the safe basics until someone shows up who can help you better than I can.

The first thing: does anything power-related happen when you attach regular joycons or any other third-party joycons you might have?

The second thing: It's kind of uncomfortable to do, but you can take photos of these contacts on the Switch by pointing your camera along the rail, top to bottom, and bottom to top on the JoyCon. Could you photograph the Switch's contacts and the ones on the Hori split pad (both sides in both cases) so we can at least see if there's any sort of visible bending or damage? Use flash, or even better, have a lantern pointed at the devices so that your camera can autofocus better.

Reactions: razorrenevant

razorrenevant

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
First of all, I'd stop attaching your Hori split pad pro to it, at least until the problem is identified.

Now, this seems to me like an electrical problem with the contacts at the bottom of your Switch's JoyCon rails - the ones we need to short to boot the Switch into RCM mode and their neighbors. It might just be an easy to fix short that the Switch shuts down from to protect the battery or something along those lines.However, I am not very knowledgeable in this area, so let's go through the safe basics until someone shows up who can help you better than I can.

The first thing: does anything power-related happen when you attach regular joycons or any other third-party joycons you might have?

The second thing: It's kind of uncomfortable to do, but you can take photos of these contacts on the Switch by pointing your camera along the rail, top to bottom, and bottom to top on the JoyCon. Could you photograph the Switch's contacts and the ones on the Hori split pad (both sides in both cases) so we can at least see if there's any sort of visible bending or damage? Use flash, or even better, have a lantern pointed at the devices so that your camera can autofocus better.
Thank you for replying! ^_^

1. Good thing, nothing bad happens when I user my regular joy cons. I can still play the switch when using it. Sadly I don't have any other third party controller, besides my hori split pad pro.

2. I had my suspicions that the fuse we short to go to RCM Mode, is the culprit. I tested it by attaching the left hori split pad pro and regular joy cons on the right, and it worked normally. But as soon as I attach the Right Hori Split Pad pro, it prompts low battery and shuts down, within a few seconds.

3. As per your request, I took photos of both the railings and hori split pad pro.

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34 (2).jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 22
  • photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34 (3).jpg
    photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34 (3).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 30
  • photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34.jpg
    photo_2022-09-17_13-06-34.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 24
  • photo_2022-09-17_13-11-52 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-09-17_13-11-52 (2).jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 25
  • photo_2022-09-17_13-11-52.jpg
    photo_2022-09-17_13-11-52.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Switch Joycon problem - Documentation.jpg
    Switch Joycon problem - Documentation.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 22

ShinLarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my switch console and I can't remember what I do with the latest prod and title keys. I have them but idk where they go to get my games to work again. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo