Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good afternoon, what page do you recommend me to download games and be able to be installed by tinfloit?

You will need to set up a shop. You will have to find them on your own. Look for things like teknik or Titz pro. We don’t offer links to pirated games here.

JoeMamma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm pretty new to switch homebrew. Currently my emummc has Atmosphere 1.3.2 with version 12.1.0. I know how to put games on my sd card. I tried installing a game with goldleaf and it said "invalid nca (might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware) (4518)"

How do I go about installing games? What do I need, I heard something about tinfoil, but I'm not familiar with it. Can someone please explain what I need to be able to install games with my atmosphere version? Any info is appreciated

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm pretty new to switch homebrew. Currently my emummc has Atmosphere 1.3.2 with version 12.1.0. I know how to put games on my sd card. I tried installing a game with goldleaf and it said "invalid nca (might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware) (4518)"

How do I go about installing games? What do I need, I heard something about tinfoil, but I'm not familiar with it. Can someone please explain what I need to be able to install games with my atmosphere version? Any info is appreciated

Prolly need to upgrade your firmware 14.1.2. Newer games have minimum FW requirements (just like the error is saying)

Start reading here: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

If you get stuck come back and we’ll get you sorted.

Look at the parts about upgrading CFW (yours is currently u- to date) and Firmware and make sure you get new Sigpatches after you upgrade FW.

Alacres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I'm finally ready to break out my "new" launch model switch and try to put CFW on it. I have two micro sd's (one for OFW and another for CFW, although I'm not sure if it's all that important to keep things separate?), a jig, and a payload injector. I notice several different sites popping up with guides on how to setup CFW on the switch and I was wondering if there's a definitive one that most people use here? I was hoping for something fairly straightforward and idiot-proof. I'm going into it pretty much blind so any advice/info is appreciated.

Also, I take it playing backups online is still a quick way to get banned? If so, is it still possible to play online with other CFW users using unofficial means? I could have sworn I remember reading about that awhile ago.

Edit: Just remembered something else I was going to ask about. Is there anything I need to avoid doing when going online when using OFW? Is it safe to update normally or should I put CFW on it first and update some other way? This switch is unused and I'd like to check out the eshop and maybe download a free game just to try it out.

Last edited by Alacres,

RyoShinzo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I think I'm finally ready to break out my "new" launch model switch and try to put CFW on it. I have two micro sd's (one for OFW and another for CFW, although I'm not sure if it's all that important to keep things separate?), a jig, and a payload injector. I notice several different sites popping up with guides on how to setup CFW on the switch and I was wondering if there's a definitive one that most people use here? I was hoping for something fairly straightforward and idiot-proof. I'm going into it pretty much blind so any advice/info is appreciated.

Also, I take it playing backups online is still a quick way to get banned? If so, is it still possible to play online with other CFW users using unofficial means? I could have sworn I remember reading about that awhile ago.

Edit: Just remembered something else I was going to ask about. Is there anything I need to avoid doing when going online when using OFW? Is it safe to update normally or should I put CFW on it first and update some other way? This switch is unused and I'd like to check out the eshop and maybe download a free game just to try it out.
I'm using the Switch Homebrew Guide. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but if you google it, you will find it. :)

Reactions: Alacres

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is the guide the above user was talking about and its the same guide I recommend to all new users as not only was it the first guide but it has been regularly updated as the scene developed.

And there is technically a way to play with other CFW users but it doesn't involve using Nintendo's servers; it instead uses community-based servers so whether or not you can find active users is not guaranteed. But if you have a friend with CFW, you two can play together using this method. Its called Switch-LAN-Play and as the name suggests, it connects users together through games that support LAN play although there is a sysmodule that allows some games that support local wireless to also be used with this method.

As long as you never go online after using CFW and/or homebrew, you will be fine because any usage of CFW/homebrew can get you banned.

Reactions: Alacres

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Generically? Backup game saves with JKSV, delete entire game and saves via Settings -> DataManagement, reinstall v1.0

(No idea about the updates on the various platforms. ne1 else?)
Are you sure about this? I thought if you just uninstall the game and update, installing the update will cause the switch to say 'This game requires a software update'. Anyway, I'll give it a try at some point, I just want to cover glitches in this game but V1.0 is more often than not the best version of any game to glitch out!

Cheers

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps a stupid question but can you install NSO games on your CFW switch or is an emulator the better option? Really want to play Paper mario 64 :D

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure about this? I thought if you just uninstall the game and update, installing the update will cause the switch to say 'This game requires a software update'. Anyway, I'll give it a try at some point, I just want to cover glitches in this game but V1.0 is more often than not the best version of any game to glitch out!

Cheers
Unless I‘m totally misunderstanding the question, yes. You are trying to get to just the base game, correct? Give it a try and see. If not, you can always come back.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps a stupid question but can you install NSO games on your CFW switch or is an emulator the better option? Really want to play Paper mario 64 :D

You can inject NSO games using Cave I’ve not done Paper Mario 64 so I don’t know the performance.

Mupen64plus says Paper Mario has issues and may be playable:
https://mupen64plus.org/wiki/index.php?title=GameCompatibility

This is probably one of those “try it and see if you can live with it” kind of things.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: boekeboekeboeh

JoeMamma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I updated my switch's firmware and atmosphere to 14.1.2, atmosphere 1.3.2 . But now whenever I try to install Nsp's through goldleaf, I get this error:

Error
An error occurred attempting to install the NSP:
Error: 2002-4058 (0x1FB402)
Module: File system (2)
Description: Unknown or undocumented error (4058)

Does anyone know how to fix this?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I updated my switch's firmware and atmosphere to 14.1.2, atmosphere 1.3.2 . But now whenever I try to install Nsp's through goldleaf, I get this error:

Error
An error occurred attempting to install the NSP:
Error: 2002-4058 (0x1FB402)
Module: File system (2)
Description: Unknown or undocumented error (4058)

Does anyone know how to fix this?
Did you update your Sigpatches?

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.

e: if you’re using /atmosphere/package3 you may need to add this to the stanza in your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file:

kip1patch=nosigchk

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: impeeza

deegore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about using sak to merge update and dlc files with the base game. All my files are. Nsp
1. Do I use the update nsp button for this?
2. Do I merge one file at a time, or do I select all update and dlc files at once?
3. Do I need to get any keys to do this?
Thanks

Tayfunx3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does the SD Card have to be Fat32 before creating SD Partitions in Hekate? I think mine was exFat but it kinds shows Fat32 now. Does Hekate do this automatically? Or do I have to start all over again?

Thanks.

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[/QUOTE]
Does the SD Card have to be Fat32 before creating SD Partitions in Hekate?

On paper, the Switch supports exFAT partitions. In practice, they use a terrible driver and using exFAT often leads to crashes and data loss. So it's better to stick to FAT32. I haven't had to reformat my microSD in ages, so I don't know how current versions of Hekate behave, but as I remember it only used FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu