Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues with 1 bit mode for sd card, removed everything and this is what greeted me.

My assumption is it needs to be repaired properly, just need confirmation of it lol
Ayup. Hanging by a thread. You need a new FCP connector at a minimum. Not a huge deal. Any local phone repair shop should be able to do it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to add and link a switch account to a banned switch
What is your ultimate goal? If you just need any linked account you can spoof it with Linkalho. If you’re trying to keep your game saves check out JKSV. If you’re trying to work around a ban…no chance.

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn’t find a more centrist tinfoil thread, but I’ve got a problem that others seem to be having too

As of a few days ago, downloads in tinfoil are stuck around 0.5 MB/s. The internet is fine, have tried restarting router, there’s no 90dns (and have tried other dns settings) and reinstalling tinfoil and so on.

It’s not just affecting me, I’ve seen a few others report the same problem. But it’s not affecting everyone even though we are using the same private shop through tinfoil

Any ideas?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn’t find a more centrist tinfoil thread, but I’ve got a problem that others seem to be having too

As of a few days ago, downloads in tinfoil are stuck around 0.5 MB/s. The internet is fine, have tried restarting router, there’s no 90dns (and have tried other dns settings) and reinstalling tinfoil and so on.

It’s not just affecting me, I’ve seen a few others report the same problem. But it’s not affecting everyone even though we are using the same private shop through tinfoil

Any ideas?

I run Tinfoil on my switch.

I use titzpro and haven’t seen any slowdowns:

image.jpg

How are you determining your Internet is fine?

Cit916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I am new to all this and would appreciate some help. I recently purchased a Switch for my son off Offer Up for a great deal. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried to set it up, I found out that the Switch is banned from Nintendo. When I messaged the seller he told me that it was banned because he had previously modded the switch.

I'm trying to get some use out of this Switch so wanted to re do the modding if possible. I purchased an SD card and a jig. I followed a tutorial and placed the newest atmosphere, hekate, and sigpatches onto the root of the card. I then loaded the fusee.bin file with tegrarcm but all I get is a black screen on my sitch, nothing happens. The switch is on firmware 9.0.0 if the matters.

This is the tutorial I followed,

I have no idea how it was hacked previously as it did not come with an SD card and the seller stopped responding to me. Am I missing something?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I am new to all this and would appreciate some help. I recently purchased a Switch for my son off Offer Up for a great deal. Unfortunately, when I got home and tried to set it up, I found out that the Switch is banned from Nintendo. When I messaged the seller he told me that it was banned because he had previously modded the switch.

I'm trying to get some use out of this Switch so wanted to re do the modding if possible. I purchased an SD card and a jig. I followed a tutorial and placed the newest atmosphere, hekate, and sigpatches onto the root of the card. I then loaded the fusee.bin file with tegrarcm but all I get is a black screen on my sitch, nothing happens. The switch is on firmware 9.0.0 if the matters.

This is the tutorial I followed,

I have no idea how it was hacked previously as it did not come with an SD card and the seller stopped responding to me. Am I missing something?

Your first mistake was following a video tutorial. They are always outdated and never made by any reliable people. I highly recommend starting over from scratch and following a text-based guide such as this one. The reason I recommend this one is that not only is it the first guide but its been regularly updated as the scene progressed making it one of the best hacking guides in my humble opinion.

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I run Tinfoil on my switch.

I use titzpro and haven’t seen any slowdowns:

View attachment 317223

How are you determining your Internet is fine?
Downloading speed test on my phone says speeds are normal. Doing it on pc is normal. I even tried downloading a file through a random unrelated google drive and that was normal. So far the only slow download is the tots pro shop

But it does seem related to google drives, as unrelated people are having the 500kb/s issue:

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading speed test on my phone says speeds are normal. Doing it on pc is normal. I even tried downloading a file through a random unrelated google drive and that was normal. So far the only slow download is the tots pro shop

But it does seem related to google drives, as unrelated people are having the 500kb/s issue:

That thread is from 4-5 years ago. The original issue might be fixed by now. ;-)

That second to last comment; the guy is getting 5MB/s which is 40Mb/s. He may be maxing out his DSL (just noticing it was on a delimiter that many ISPs offer as part of their low-end packages)

Maybe it’s where you’re coming from? I’m in the North Texas area and you see my speeds. I’m not seeing any issues with the service at this time.

Maybe just dumb luck?

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That thread is from 4-5 years ago. The original issue might be fixed by now. ;-)

That second to last comment; the guy is getting 5MB/s which is 40Mb/s. He may be maxing out his DSL (just noticing it was on a delimiter that many ISPs offer as part of their low-end packages)

Maybe it’s where you’re coming from? I’m in the North Texas area and you see my speeds. I’m not seeing any issues with the service at this time.

Maybe just dumb luck?
It’s not fixed, here’s an unrelated to switch one from around a week ago:

I have posted on reddit about it too and there was another switch user from New Zealand who has my problem too

Unrelated ISP suddenly going slow seems impossibly unlikely, while google being the problem seems to be the answer.

I just wonder if this is something that has a fix, or it’s nearing the end for tinfoil stores? At least for international users? I guess games are still downloadable but “overnight downloads” needed now

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s not fixed, here’s an unrelated to switch one from around a week ago:

I have posted on reddit about it too and there was another switch user from New Zealand who has my problem too

Unrelated ISP suddenly going slow seems impossibly unlikely, while google being the problem seems to be the answer.

I just wonder if this is something that has a fix, or it’s nearing the end for tinfoil stores? At least for international users? I guess games are still downloadable but “overnight downloads” needed now

It sounds like you’re 100% convinced the issue is with Google. I don’t think there’s anything we’ll be able to do here at GBATemp to fix Google. Especially since so many others aren’t having issues with their services at the moment. If this makes Tinfoil unusable for you then I don’t believe you have any recourse but to download individual NSPs and XCIs from alternate websites and use a different installer. Hopefully the websites aren’t using Google too.

Here are some other options to consider:

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install

e: here’s the Google service dashboard: https://status.cloud.google.com/regional/americas

Last edited by binkinator,

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like you’re 100% convinced the issue is with Google. I don’t think there’s anything we’ll be able to do here at GBATemp to fix Google. Especially since so many others aren’t having issues with their services at the moment. If this makes Tinfoil unusable for you then I don’t believe you have any recourse but to download individual NSPs and XCIs from alternate websites and use a different installer. Hopefully the websites aren’t using Google too.

Here are some other options to consider:

Installers​

• Tinfoil — Polished installer. Recommend the Self installing version.
  • DBI — Capable feature filled and fast installer.
  • Tinwoo — A nice installer for when you just want to install.
  • Goldleaf — The kitchen sink but it can also install
I’ve only been using tinfoil for about 6 weeks, so it’s mostly curious if this has been a problem that has happened in the past or not. Or maybe others have heard of this problem and are aware of the solution

From looking at switch reddits and discords, seems like it’s been within the last week or so. I know when the free stores went down about 2 months ago, people were quick to know why and the solution, that’s why I assumed this may be similar in that sense.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve only been using tinfoil for about 6 weeks, so it’s mostly curious if this has been a problem that has happened in the past or not. Or maybe others have heard of this problem and are aware of the solution

From looking at switch reddits and discords, seems like it’s been within the last week or so. I know when the free stores went down about 2 months ago, people were quick to know why and the solution, that’s why I assumed this may be similar in that sense.

There are always sporadic issues with any service provider but I’ve not heard of any consistent complaints with Google Drive for any long periods of time.

e:
https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/drive.google.com.html
https://downdetector.com/status/google-drive/

None of my other services backended with Drive are impacted at this time.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Google services?

Here is a map of all the users experiencing issues with GD in the past 24 hours across the US:

80277606-B670-417E-BAD4-026F42C4B088.jpeg

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are always sporadic issues with any service provider but I’ve not heard of any consistent complaints with Google Drive for any long periods of time.

e:
https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/drive.google.com.html
https://downdetector.com/status/google-drive/

None of my other services backended with Drive are impacted at this time.

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Google services?

Here is a map of all the users experiencing issues with GD in the past 24 hours across the US:

View attachment 317240
It appears (anecdotedly) that it’s affecting those outside the us though

Like I’m just assuming a scenario, but something like “speeds throttled if you access a us made drive from outside the us” or something. Kinda like how they did something with the quota to stop piracy, maybe this is another thing they started doing just recently?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to uninstall Superstar Mode for Super Mario Odyssey to return it to its original state? I have it on Atmosphere CFW
Mods for SMO will be under /atmosphere/contents/0100000000010000/

If you want to temporarily stop using the mod, simply move the 0100000000010000 directory to the root of your sd card for safe keeping. If you want to completely remove all layerdfs mods just delete the 0100000000010000 directory completely.

In the future you can manage Mods via a GUI with SimpleModManager.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears (anecdotedly) that it’s affecting those outside the us though

Like I’m just assuming a scenario, but something like “speeds throttled if you access a us made drive from outside the us” or something. Kinda like how they did something with the quota to stop piracy, maybe this is another thing they started doing just recently?

Yeah, I saw the guy in India that nobody responded to this week. His Reddit history shows he was also having trouble with his wifi last week so who knows.

The change in the way Google handles free disk quotas for Education accounts was more of a financial decision as opposed to an anti-piracy action. Although I’m sure the piracy helped partially drive the decision by making the free Drive service more expensive to run. The loophole that was available for the good of Education was being abused by many groups, not just Switch pirates.

Perhaps you could do some testing by using a gmail account to upload a 1G file and do some timed downloads to see how many MB/s you get from the service? Some latency test results would be useful too…a simple ping test would be great.

Without empirical tests it’s going to be hard to tell.

caistevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is your ultimate goal? If you just need any linked account you can spoof it with Linkalho. If you’re trying to keep your game saves check out JKSV. If you’re trying to work around a ban…no chance.
Trying to transfer saves to and from banned and non banned switch I know it works because I’ve done it before

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a steam deck and want to mod my launch switch to move my games from it to the SD. Will I be able to rip both the physical games I've got and the digital games I've bought off the store?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a steam deck and want to mod my launch switch to move my games from it to the SD. Will I be able to rip both the physical games I've got and the digital games I've bought off the store?

Absolutely. Install NXDUMPTOOL and you’ll be good to go.

e: if you haven’t hacked your switch yet, https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy (this guide is rumored to have been translated from Aramaic and possibly written by Moses himself with inputs from Albert Einstein in the mid 1900s and possibly used by Sylvester Stallone when he hacked his V0 in the 80’s…it’s pretty good.)

Kuramations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mods for SMO will be under /atmosphere/contents/0100000000010000/

If you want to temporarily stop using the mod, simply move the 0100000000010000 directory to the root of your sd card for safe keeping. If you want to completely remove all layerdfs mods just delete the 0100000000010000 directory completely.

In the future you can manage Mods via a GUI with SimpleModManager.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 4k portrait mode?