Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I keep getting this error whenever I accidentally held R when going into album and it forces me to reboot. I only get this when doing the above and not doing any other scenario so far so if I avoid doing that it should be fine since I don't really need to check the album. But ideally I would still like to know why this is happening.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20220628_190536.jpg
    20220628_190536.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 28

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I keep getting this error whenever I accidentally held R when going into album and it forces me to reboot. I only get this when doing the above and not doing any other scenario so far so if I avoid doing that it should be fine since I don't really need to check the album. But ideally I would still like to know why this is happening.
Thanks for your help!
See if what this clown said helps any:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/override_config-not-working.612626/

e: if that doesn’t work please share the contents of your /atmosphere/config/override_config.ini

Reactions: simsimsim

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See if what this clown said helps any:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/override_config-not-working.612626/

e: if that doesn’t work please share the contents of your /atmosphere/config/override_config.ini
thanks for your help mate. I actually didn't have this ini file in config so I went ahead and made one and copied your stuffs over. I made sure it was an ini file and not a txt file. But now when I go into album (without holding R), I got the same error crash screen again lol.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your help mate. I actually didn't have this ini file in config so I went ahead and made one and copied your stuffs over. I made sure it was an ini file and not a txt file. But now when I go into album (without holding R), I got the same error crash screen again lol.
Might just be a broken hbmenu.nro

Download latest from here and unzip it in the root of your sd card (might get prompted to over-write…just say yes.)

e: if that doesnt work let’s see if there’s a clashing sysmodule by temporarily moving (aka renaming) /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and rebooting.

e2: I think I was thinking hbl and said hbmenu. The renaming of contents will tell us what we want to know regardless. Please proceed and let me know what you find out.

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Draxzelex, so I had tried to follow the guide and when I had launch the emuMMC, it froze on the Nintendo Switch logo. :(

I think it might be that the SD card might be corrupted or something. So I might need to start up fresh from the beginning,
But since my SD card was in partition (gives me E: + F: ), how can I format it back all together?

SD card is Sandisk Ultra 400 GB
Using guiformat tool to format to FAT32.

View attachment 315689
View attachment 315690

Also, do you know the name of the program that let you verify if the SD card is fine or corrupt?

Thank you for your help!

h2testw will check every bit on your SDCard for you and tell you if anything is amiss.

You can use the Windows native DiskManager to delete all partitions or download Minitool Patition Wizard for free here.

Reactions: shinyaku

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might just be a broken hbmenu.nro

Download latest from here and unzip it in the root of your sd card (might get prompted to over-write…just say yes.)

e: if that doesnt work let’s see if there’s a clashing sysmodule by temporarily moving (aka renaming) /atmosphere/contents to /atmosphere/contents.bk and rebooting.

e2: I think I was thinking hbl and said hbmenu. The renaming of contents will tell us what we want to know regardless. Please proceed and let me know what you find out.
updating the hbmenu.nro still didn't fix it, but as you said, changing the contents folder's name did not cause the crash error again! So I guess that means there's a clashing sysmodule?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updating the hbmenu.nro still didn't fix it, but as you said, changing the contents folder's name did not cause the crash error again! So I guess that means there's a clashing sysmodule?
Bingo! That’s exactly why we did that.

For a possible quick win, see if there is a 010000000000100D directory and move everything but that back to contents.

If that doesn’t work we’re just going to have to move them back in small groups until it crashes again and them remove one at a time from the last group moved that caused the crashing until it works again…to find the offending module. Not much fun but that‘s what’s needed.

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bingo! That’s exactly why we did that.

For a possible quick win, see if there is a 010000000000100D directory and move everything but that back to contents.

If that doesn’t work we’re just going to have to move them back in small groups until it crashes again and them remove one at a time from the last group moved that caused the crashing until it works again…to find the offending module. Not much fun but that‘s what’s needed.
Thanks so much mate, there's indeed such a folder and not having it in contents allowed me to go into album without crashing!
Is this folder safe to delete now or should I keep it outside just in case?
Either way, always appreciate your patience and amazing attitude helping us noobs! Don't know what we would do without you man!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much mate, there's indeed such a folder and not having it in contents allowed me to go into album without crashing!
Is this folder safe to delete now or should I keep it outside just in case?
Either way, always appreciate your patience and amazing attitude helping us noobs! Don't know what we would do without you man!
glad you’re sorted!

Yah…just leave it out. If it’s necessary it will get written back. I’m like X% that it gets written to by the hbl.nsp and it will put back what it needs the next time you run it. It’s absolutely not going to hurt anything to remove that directory.

e: 010000000000100D is actually the photo viewer (aka album) app.

https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?sys=hac&tid=010000000000100D

it’s still OK to delete it. Just wanted to correct my wrong statement above.

muyun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just bought Doom Eternal + the DLC for like 28$, It's awesome. But thats besides the point!

I also bought Doom I, Doom II, Doom64, Doom3, and Doom. In a bundle for like 17$.

Is there any ways to access the .WAD files from Doom I and Doom II, I'm not asking to download anything, just asking if it's possible to get access to these files on my Switch, more curious if I can add addons or mods to doom I and Doom II, I noticed they have an Addon Download system in place for those two games, curious if it's possible to add games/WADs that aren't in the preset download list there. I know I can get other Doom Homebrew that will do this, that's not the question here, I'm only curious if the Switch Versions can do this somehow too.
excuse me ,could you please share your doom eternal's newest save with me? I have looking forward it for a long time ,I want to play the unlocked things must being onlined for once. Thank you so much~

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't install fire emblem three hopes on my second switch with hekate. Tried with goldleaf and NS-usbloader. error 4058. What are my alternatives? Seems it doesn't work with Hekate?

Thanks in advance :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't install fire emblem three hopes on my second switch with hekate. Tried with goldleaf and NS-usbloader. error 4058. What are my alternatives? Seems it doesn't work with Hekate?

Thanks in advance :)
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer in the entire Switch scene. Instead, I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. Also make sure you have the latest patches which you can download from this thread.

Reactions: boekeboekeboeh

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer in the entire Switch scene. Instead, I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues while using it. Also make sure you have the latest patches which you can download from this thread.
Thank you :) Will try TinWoo, already have the latest sigpatches

Reactions: Draxzelex

Wally0666

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
When I was in 13.2.0 all worked like a charm, then I used Daybreak to update to 14.1.2 and I put on the SD the files from the Sthetix's hat pack that contains all the last updates :

• (H)ekate v5.7.2 & Nyx v1.2.2
  • (A)tmosphere 1.3.2
  • (T)infoil 14.0
  • (S)igpatches from iTotaljustice
  • DBI 368
  • Homebrew Appstore 2.2
  • FTPD Pro 3.1.0
  • NX-Shell 3.2.0

To boot the Switch I always used an RCM Loader but some time it stays on a black screen sometimes no and Hekate appears but it"s not finish because after the Nintendo Logo sometimes again a black screen, and sometimes it works and arrive to the menu.

That's a strange behaviours like can you see on the following video on streamable (/lxm2iv)

So, I need to go through 2 random black screens at the begining and at the end to use the Switch.
And idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20220630_194145.jpg
    IMG_20220630_194145.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 23
Last edited by Wally0666,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
When I was in 13.2.0 all worked like a charm, then I used Daybreak to update to 14.1.2 and I put on the SD the files from the Sthetix's hat pack that contains all the last updates :

• (H)ekate v5.7.2 & Nyx v1.2.2
  • (A)tmosphere 1.3.2
  • (T)infoil 14.0
  • (S)igpatches from iTotaljustice
  • DBI 368
  • Homebrew Appstore 2.2
  • FTPD Pro 3.1.0
  • NX-Shell 3.2.0

To boot the Switch I always used an RCM Loader but some time it stays on a black screen sometimes no and Hekate appears but it"s not finish because after the Nintendo Logo sometimes again a black screen, and sometimes it works and arrive to the menu.

That's a strange behaviours like can you see on the following video on streamable (/lxm2iv)

So, I need to go through 2 random black screens at the begining and at the end to use the Switch.
And idea?
Never ever trust files from YouTubers. They are notoriously outdated and not recommended by anyone in the hacking community. I recommend deleting whatever you downloaded from him and starting from scratch. You can download the DeepSea Minimal package from here as your first step.

Wally0666

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I understand but this guy is famous and not a noob, he explains how to hack all switches and even oled, lite ... and I always used his files without any problem. For that reason it's strange.
Thanks for the link, I'll try to replace his files by yours :)

Do I need to change the files in the RCM Loader v1 too?

Last edited by Wally0666,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand but this guy is famous and not a noob, he explains how to hack all switches and even oled, lite ... and I always used his files without any problem. For that reason it's strange.
Thanks for the link, I'll try to replace his files by yours :)

Do I need to change the files in the RCM Loader v1 too?
There isn't a single person on this forum that would recommend downloading files. His installation videos may be helpful but there is very little reason to download files from a third-party when they are available to be downloaded from their official sources. I only recommended DeepSea so you wouldn't be confused when Atmosphere launches without Hekate hence the minimal version. Either way, the RCM Loader files shouldn't need to be changed.

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
h2testw will check every bit on your SDCard for you and tell you if anything is amiss.

You can use the Windows native DiskManager to delete all partitions or download Minitool Patition Wizard for free here.
Thanks binkinator!

So I had restarted the whole process switch guide with (https://switch.homebrew.guide instead of https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy).

I had follow all the steps and managed to load Atmosphere for the first time, I also managed to access to Homebrew
apps and then I turn off the Switch.

8.jpg

So, when I had tried to boot to re-launch Atmosphere (emuMMC) via Hekate, it has the logo of Atmosphere and the Nintendo Switch Logo, then it is just turn to a black screen.

9.jpg
10.jpg

Do you think there's a problem with my hekate_ipl.ini file that caused to Atmosphere to freeze?

6.JPG

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 24

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks binkinator!

So I had restarted the whole process switch guide with (https://switch.homebrew.guide instead of https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy).

I had follow all the steps and managed to load Atmosphere for the first time, I also managed to access to Homebrew
apps and then I turn off the Switch.

View attachment 315984

So, when I had tried to boot to re-launch Atmosphere (emuMMC) via Hekate, it has the logo of Atmosphere and the Nintendo Switch Logo, then it is just turn to a black screen.

View attachment 315985View attachment 315986

Do you think there's a problem with my hekate_ipl.ini file that caused to Atmosphere to freeze?

View attachment 315980

Thank you for your help!
The one that says Fusee and the end should work. Make sure you download the right version of fusee.bin from Atmosphere site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.