Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No worries! It’s totally fine.

The /atmosphere/contents directory has things like your system modules (themes and stuff) in it.

System modules often break things when you upgrade Atmos/FW so it’s common to tell people to delete them.

I like to keep a backup instead of deleting so I can move the modules that work back and identify and download updates of the ones that don’t work.

No big deal.

thanks a lot! the games are working again, seems to be cos of the sigpatches. but tinfoil still won't open, no matter how many times i try to delete/reinstall

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reinstall Tinfoil from the installable .nro on the downloads page of tinfoil.io. Make sure you start hbmenu in title override mode for the install by holding (and keep holding until you see hbmenu) the (R) trigger.
seems like i need tinfoil to be able to install a file in 1st place?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like i need tinfoil to be able to install a file in 1st place?

you can do title override on any game title that you have installed on the main screen.

you will copy the tinfoil.nro file to the /switch/ directory on your SDCard.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry i don't think i'm getting it, is there a follawable guide for this?
No worries.

The tinfoil installer requires a lot of memory to install. To supply this additional memory you must use ”title override”. Here’s how:

To install tinfoil with title override you:

1. Unzip this file to the top level of your SDCard.
  2. Hold down on the (R)ight top shoulder button on your joycon.
  3. Keep holding the (R) button down until you see hbmenu actually running.
  4. While still holding down the (R) button click any real title on main screen.
  5. Keep holding the (R) button while clicking anything that pops up like start game or selecting a user profile…anything…just keep holding (R) down.
  6. Once you have hbmenu running you will be able to see the Tinfoil Installer…click it to install.
  7. Once it;s done just click the Home button and you will see Tinfoil on your main screen.
e: more reading on Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo

Minattz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, kind of a newb here. I have tinfoil, but everything went down about a month ago. Is it just not going to work anymore? All the shops only have homebrew. Any new shops have the new games going on? Thanks. And if not where do you get ur nap from so i can use goldleaf? Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, kind of a newb here. I have tinfoil, but everything went down about a month ago. Is it just not going to work anymore? All the shops only have homebrew. Any new shops have the new games going on? Thanks. And if not where do you get ur nap from so i can use goldleaf? Thanks.
You have to find your illegal games the normal way; by looking them up on the Internet. Links to warez or even advice on where to find them is against the rules of this forum.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t give you direct links to nsp files. You’ll have to Google that yourself. Most shops are offline because Google changed their policy for FREE .edu drives. TITS Pro is still up but requires a donation.

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No worries.

The tinfoil installer requires a lot of memory to install. To supply this additional memory you must use ”title override”. Here’s how:

To install tinfoil with title override you:

1. Unzip this file to the top level of your SDCard.
  2. Hold down on the (R)ight top shoulder button on your joycon.
  3. Keep holding the (R) button down until you see hbmenu actually running.
  4. While still holding down the (R) button click any real title on main screen.
  5. Keep holding the (R) button while clicking anything that pops up like start game or selecting a user profile…anything…just keep holding (R) down.
  6. Once you have hbmenu running you will be able to see the Tinfoil Installer…click it to install.
  7. Once it;s done just click the Home button and you will see Tinfoil on your main screen.
e: more reading on Title Override What is title override and how to override its key combo
would it be r1 or r2 (thinking ps controller). what if select user never pops up? is there some reason it wouldn't work? like hbmenu being in wrong place for example?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be r1 or r2 (thinking ps controller). what if select user never pops up? is there some reason it wouldn't work? like hbmenu being in wrong place for example?
If you followed the instructions correctly in the link I sent you…hbmenu will be installed in the right place by default.

Double check the Atmosphere files step…that’s the one that installed hbmenu for you.

5DAEB994-688D-4B5C-8B60-2AADFBCF44F0.png

76BC1D4B-A140-45A3-8FE7-6207C13E568F.jpeg

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there another method? this title override just refuses to work.
There is no other method and you will need title override for other homebrew in the future.

One quick thing we can try is this:

Complete these steps​

1. Ensure the console is powered off.
    • If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.
  2. With the console powered off, hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.
    • Be sure to maintain the volume buttons pressed down until the Maintenance Mode menu is displayed.
  3. Without touching anything, repeat step 1 to power off your switch.
  4. Power Switch back on and test again.

If that doesn’t work…

Please post the contents of your /atmosphere/config/override_config.ini file:

Mine contains the following working config:
[hbl_config]
override_key=R
program_id=010000000000100d
override_address_space=39_bit

;[hbl_config]
; Program Specific Config
; Up to 8 program-specific configurations can be set.
; These use `program_id_#`, `override_address_space_#`, and `override_key_#`
; where # is in range [0,7].
; program_id_0=010000000000100D
; override_address_space=39_bit
; override_key_0=!R

; Any Application Config
; Note that this will only apply to program IDs that
; are both applications and not specified above
; by a program specific config.
; override_any_app=true
; override_any_app_key=R
; override_any_app_address_space=39_bit
; path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp

[default_config]
; override_key=!L
; cheat_enable_key=!L

Last edited by binkinator,

maradona01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no other method and you will need title override for other homebrew in the future.

One quick thing we can try is this:

Complete these steps​

1. Ensure the console is powered off.
    • If the console does not respond, hold down the POWER Button for twelve seconds to force it to shut down.
  2. With the console powered off, hold down the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the system on.
    • Be sure to maintain the volume buttons pressed down until the Maintenance Mode menu is displayed.
  3. Without touching anything, repeat step 1 to power off your switch.
  4. Power Switch back on and test again.

If that doesn’t work…

Please post the contents of your /atmosphere/config/override_config.ini file:

Mine contains the following working config:
a little worrying, i don't have anything in atmosphere/config folder

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a little worrying, i don't have anything in atmosphere/config folder

You can copy one from /atmosphere/config_templates/ directory.

What title are you clicking on in the main window when attempting to do title override?

Do you now have a copy of hbmenu.nro at the top level of your SDCard?

Z3nmuron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I'm in a quite bit of a trouble here, lol...😅
I tried to mod my switch lite myself with a Hwfly lite, and was getting the purple light blink for a few seconds, the change to red and off, the switch wasn't even booting to OFW.
While I checking the soldering points, I accidentally ripped the 3.3v cap that would feed the modchip.
While I was awaiting for the tools to do a more clean fix to this cap, I removed and checked the caps on SP1 and SP2, and got some confused readings.
I'd be glad if anyone could help me figure it out.
The testings were made with the multimeter on diode scale, and with each pointer on a side of the caps. I also tried with a ESR, but it showed all of the caps as good.
I'm just asking to know if there's salvation to this one yet, or if it's lost already, just to know if I should spend any more time trying to fix it...
The images shows the ripped 3.3v cap, I couldn't put it back as the pads were ripped along. And the caps on the core.
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• SAVE_20220529_171126.jpg
    SAVE_20220529_171126.jpg
    991.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20220521_143821.jpg
    IMG_20220521_143821.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20220521_143707.jpg
    IMG_20220521_143707.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43

Okayermi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to just follow the guide to the letter and get a base working system installed.

Once you have that done, theres an easy way and a more surgical way…let’s see if we can do the easy way first.

Carefully compare the /emuMMC/emummc.ini file on your SD Card and on your backup.

If they are exactly the same…down to the last letter and last number…then copy the /emuMMC/ folder from your backup and see if you can boot up.

If the emuMMC.ini files are not the same we’ll need to be more surgical.

Ping once you’re at a stopping point…
Okay so first thing: In launch I only have two options, stock and cfw, before there where 3 options. And the emummc.ini files are exactly the same

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn