Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Bryyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Something’s fucky . backup your sd card and test it for corruption using .
Oh thanks man, does that mean I'll lose all my files after I test it for corruption?

Edit: after reading the readme file of that application, it seems I have to completely erase it first before testing. How can I copy back the files after testing to make sure that the cfw is not also removed?

Last edited by Bryyy,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh thanks man, does that mean I'll lose all my files after I test it for corruption?

Edit: after reading the readme file of that application, it seems I have to completely erase it first before testing. How can I copy back the files after testing to make sure that the cfw is not also removed?

Yes, this is going to be intrusive.

to retain data let’s try the following:
  • Backup your games with NXDumptool
  • Backup your games saves with JKSV
  • Backup you FAT partition using your PC and simply copy paste the available partition.

After the test, format the sd card as FAT32 and create a new Emunand on your sd card using Hekate and then restore the backup onto your FAT32 partition.

In case we end up at the beginning: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Experiencing a huge issue with Tinfoil since updating to OFW 14.1.1.

Everything worked fine before. I had just finished removing my "atmosphere", "bootloader" and "sept" folders and then adding the new atmos package for 1.3.1, followed by the sigpatches for 1.3.1/HOS14.1.0 (I was told they'd be exactly the same for 14.1.1), and I'm launching using the newest fusee file.

On a fresh boot into atmos, games will work just fine on my SD card. I'll launch Tinfoil, no problems. But then I'll go to install an NSP, and no matter which one, it'll get to 100% and then throw an error saying "Failed to commit to content records".

This will create a spinning black icon for the "installed" game. I can remove this by going into the Switch data management settings, and then try twice to delete the software (the first try will throw an error).

However, all the games on the SD card are now unplayable, and will throw the generic "unable to start software" error message when trying to launch anything.

So, what's the deal? Did Tinfoil get an update I don't know about? That's essentially the only link in the chain that I didn't update. Or were people wrong about 14.1.0 sigpatches being identical to 14.1.1 sigs?

I've tried this same process several times over, even on another SD card I use in my Switch. The exact same results play out any time.

Last edited by FirM,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do the oldfags mean when they say newer switches are a "closed system", therefore abandon all hope ye who enter here?
As you asked before, you need a modchip to hack newer consoles but very few people can solder a modchip into their console. Therefore unless you have the skills or know someone with the skills to solder, then there is no point in buying a new Switch for hacking.
Hi.
Is this sdloader thing anyhow related to hwfly-nx bootloader? Or was it only related to the SX core OS ?
Never heard of SD Loader and nothing relevant appears on Google at least related to the Nintendo Switch.
Hey there! Experiencing a huge issue with Tinfoil since updating to OFW 14.1.1.

Everything worked fine before. I had just finished removing my "atmosphere", "bootloader" and "sept" folders and then adding the new atmos package for 1.3.1, followed by the sigpatches for 1.3.1/HOS14.1.0 (I was told they'd be exactly the same for 14.1.1), and I'm launching using the newest fusee file.

On a fresh boot into atmos, games will work just fine on my SD card. I'll launch Tinfoil, no problems. But then I'll go to install an NSP, and no matter which one, it'll get to 100% and then throw an error saying "Failed to commit to content records".

This will create a spinning black icon for the "installed" game. I can remove this by going into the Switch data management settings, and then try twice to delete the software (the first try will throw an error).

However, all the games on the SD card are now unplayable, and will throw the generic "unable to start software" error message when trying to launch anything.

So, what's the deal? Did Tinfoil get an update I don't know about? That's essentially the only link in the chain that I didn't update.
I'd highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues.

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As you asked before, you need a modchip to hack newer consoles but very few people can solder a modchip into their console. Therefore unless you have the skills or know someone with the skills to solder, then there is no point in buying a new Switch for hacking.

Never heard of SD Loader and nothing relevant appears on Google at least related to the Nintendo Switch.

I'd highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer. Its what I personally use and I never have any issues.
Ok! Testing TinWoo now, but it's in Japanese, can you help me find the setting to change that?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok... something strange happened since the last time I played on Switch. Yesterday, after I finished playing, I left it on the dock and selected Sleep Mode from the menu. Today, when I was going to play, it just didn't want to turn on again, even after pressing and holding the power button for a while.

Since I have Auto RCM, I connected it to my PC, then it was recognized and I was able to inject the payload and it turned on again. Battery was 100%.

If it matters: System on FW 14.1.0, AMS 1.3.1.

Someone has any idea of what could have happened?

And does selecting Sleep Mode, and clicking the power button on the console once the same thing?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... something strange happened since the last time I played on Switch. Yesterday, after I finished playing, I left it on the dock and selected Sleep Mode from the menu. Today, when I was going to play, it just didn't want to turn on again, even after pressing and holding the power button for a while.

Since I have Auto RCM, I connected it to my PC, then it was recognized and I was able to inject the payload and it turned on again. Battery was 100%.

If it matters: System on FW 14.1.0, AMS 1.3.1.

Someone has any idea of what could have happened?

And does selecting Sleep Mode, and clicking the power button on the console once the same thing?

Mine just pops right back up regardless of how put it to sleep. Pretty sure all “sleeps” are equal. Holding power for 15 seconds is the right move in this case.

It sounds like it just got honked up in its sleep this one time. Probably due to length of time? See if happens when you put it to sleep again. If not you really don’t have a reliable way to test other than to wait for it to happen again.

Reactions: CassioAug

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello.
Help here :P
I could see that Nintendo Switch Sports game was added to Tinfoil with 2.2Gb. I tried to install it either from Recomended and from XCI but nothing happens.
I'm on an OLED, Hekate 5.7.2 + Atmosphère 1.3.1 + firmware 14.1.0.
Why install doesn't start nor any error message comes up nor nothing happens? Anyone can reproduce this behaviour? I tried to install into NAND (aka sysNAND), not in SD card system.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
Help here :P
I could see that Nintendo Switch Sports game was added to Tinfoil with 2.2Gb. I tried to install it either from Recomended and from XCI but nothing happens.
I'm on an OLED, Hekate 5.7.2 + Atmosphère 1.3.1 + firmware 14.1.0.
Why install doesn't start nor any error message comes up nor nothing happens? Anyone can reproduce this behaviour? I tried to install into NAND (aka sysNAND), not in SD card system.
Are you using a paid shop? Cause I don’t see it.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Well, seems the shops are down but I already got the game from another source and the game asks to update the console to be able to run the game, so this seems to be a no go!

Edited;
I'm going to try to update to 14.1.1 and try the game again!

Edited 2;
Ok, Nintendo Switch Sports game requires 14.1.1 version!

Last edited by HelloShitty,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, seems the shops are down but I already got the game from another source and the game asks to update the console to be able to run the game, so this seems to be a no go!

Edited;
I'm going to try to update to 14.1.1 and try the game again!

Edited 2;
Ok, Nintendo Switch Sports game requires 14.1.1 version!
Wow…really? That’s kinda wild that it’s mandatory already.
Must have been the reason for the back to back releases.
Theres already a game update as well.
Going to upgrade everything I guess…thanks for sharing your exp.

Reactions: HelloShitty

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Wow…really? That’s kinda wild that it’s mandatory already.
Must have been the reason for the back to back releases.
Theres already a game update as well.
Going to upgrade everything I guess…thanks for sharing your exp.
Seems like that, yes. I already tried the game with the update included!
I'll keep the game a few more days, then will probably install another one just for testing the games and so.
I don't have much time to play! I only play one game occasionally and that is MotoGP22. And I don't play it since last weekend. lol

TDderpy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HI All,
Is there a way i can update my games on Emmuenand? I have a game i installed from cart but i need the update to stop it yelling at me each time i try to play.

Or is there a homebrew that i can use to stop it from yeling at me 4 times each time i try to play the game.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to