Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only one thing missing now... Where are the best places to download games in these formats? I am trying to download one from a site from a DDG search, but the download speed hurt my guts!

There are plenty of places to get them but we can't link to them here. Just get a small one that we can prove out the platform.

Reactions: HelloShitty

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
There are plenty of places to get them but we can't link to them here. Just get a small one that we can prove out the platform.
Yeah, I just created dummy files in a folder I added to the paths and they showed up in Nintendo Tinfoil, so, it works for sure!
Tomorrow I'll test with a real game!

Thanks again!

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

MelissaBunnie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all hope you been well and all and had a happy Bunnie day <3 just wanted to ask since there a system update and i check to se if there was any thing for the cfw updated or not? would it be safe to update the ofw and still get back into cfw still with out any prob's ?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all hope you been well and all and had a happy Bunnie day <3 just wanted to ask since there a system update and i check to se if there was any thing for the cfw updated or not? would it be safe to update the ofw and still get back into cfw still?

14.1.1 release notes say:
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

No reason to update if you aren’t having issues.

last known good version that plays all games without issues is:
FW: 14.1.0
Atmos: 1.3.1
Hekate: 5.7.2

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all hope you been well and all and had a happy Bunnie day <3 just wanted to ask since there a system update and i check to se if there was any thing for the cfw updated or not? would it be safe to update the ofw and still get back into cfw still with out any prob's ?
ams 1.3.1 runs fine on ofw 14.1.1 but there will be a ams update soon as well as sigpatches.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220419-131901_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220419-131901_Messenger.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 24

Ultimadrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use FAT32 and Atmosphere without issue. Modern installers already handle this.

Use USB install instead of loading them to your SD card first. Almost all modern installers will handle the file system stuff for you.
You are making this too hard with too many steps!

Yeah..no need to use flakey exfat drivers from Nintendo.

Thank you so much!

It took me some extra legwork, since I didn't know about drivers but everything is working great now! Using NS-USBloader and Tinwoo. At first I was installing Main NSP and DLC together with no luck. It seems if I install base game first and then request DLC it works much smoother.

da_nikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great day!
I have a Switch that I have not used since 2019, it was in storage since then. I just charged it and booted it up and It has system firmware 6.0.1 and ancient version of SX OS on it. What will be the best way for me to update it to the latest system firmware and to the last SX OS version?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great day!
I have a Switch that I have not used since 2019, it was in storage since then. I just charged it and booted it up and It has system firmware 6.0.1 and ancient version of SX OS on it. What will be the best way for me to update it to the latest system firmware and to the last SX OS version?
Edit:
This is a good tut for dual boot: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

This worked well for me: https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

There is a section just for your situation but start at the top and work your way down.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: da_nikon

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
The Nintendo firmware update file is the same no matter what the source? Or it depends on the source and we need to check if the file from source A fits our case?

Edited;
Ok, I know part of the process now.
Someone updates their stock firmware and then he dumps the files so others can update their firmwares.
My question is "what the dump process changes in the files that makes this dump needed?" I mean, why there is people doing this dump? Can't we do it ourselves?

Last edited by HelloShitty,

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original firmware was 4.1.0, I dumped my original nand etc before ever trying CFW. I bought a license from those people that went to jail, and have always used choidujournx when updating my firmware so I wouldn't burn fuses. I want to restore my original nand etc. I can't find the guide to do it, and don't want to make a mistake and brick my unit. Do I need to downgrade to 4.1.0 before restoring the original nand? Is there a homebrew app that can check my fuses? (in case I messed up over the years and burned some) I just want my stock switch back. Thanks everyone

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Nintendo firmware update file is the same no matter what the source? Or it depends on the source and we need to check if the file from source A fits our case?

Edited;
Ok, I know part of the process now.
Someone updates their stock firmware and then he dumps the files so others can update their firmwares.
My question is "what the dump process changes in the files that makes this dump needed?" I mean, why there is people doing this dump? Can't we do it ourselves?
You can dump your own, if you're able/willing to update through Nintendo's servers on your own.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My original firmware was 4.1.0, I dumped my original nand etc before ever trying CFW. I bought a license from those people that went to jail, and have always used choidujournx when updating my firmware so I wouldn't burn fuses. I want to restore my original nand etc. I can't find the guide to do it, and don't want to make a mistake and brick my unit. Do I need to downgrade to 4.1.0 before restoring the original nand?
No need to “downgrade” beforehand. When you restore it comes with a “free” downgrade to whatever you were at when you made the backup.
Is there a homebrew app that can check my fuses? (in case I messed up over the years and burned some)
Hekate will check your fuses if you’re curious.
I just want my stock switch back. Thanks everyone
And we prolly could have lead with this, no? Lol

If you just want to go back to stock and you’re on a V1 Erista, just remove your sd card, turn off any AutoRCM and reboot.

Jake32280

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I hacked my switch, but I had a few questions

1. I have the files for the latest versions of Atmosphere, and hekate, but not too sure how I should put them on my memory stick. Should I merge files and overwrite or should I just delete the old folders, and copy then paste the new versions? I have heard bad things about the AIO Updater so I am trying to do this manually.

2. Im going to update with daybreak and put the firmware in the root of the memory stick. First I was wondering if I should just update to the latest firmware or should I just update to the firmware of the games I want to play?

3. I have heard of needing Sigpatches, but I am just curious if I really need them. I was going to put translation files on some of my games. That's the reason I hacked my switch so I just wanted to be sure if I should put them on my switch or not.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I hacked my switch, but I had a few questions

1. I have the files for the latest versions of Atmosphere, and hekate, but not too sure how I should put them on my memory stick. Should I merge files and overwrite or should I just delete the old folders, and copy then paste the new versions? I have heard bad things about the AIO Updater so I am trying to do this manually.
You can get away with overwriting sometimes but if you have issues you will want to blow it away and then you have nothing to roll back to. I suggest you move /atmosphere to /atmosphere.bak and move /bootloader to /bootloader.bak. Then you can unzip a fresh set of files to the original directories and get the basics running. You can copy things you need from the .bak folder such as your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file. If successful you can copy sysmodules from /atmosphere/contents and test to make sure they are compatible. If it fails, you can delete the new directories and then rename the original directories and you are right back where you we’re before you started.

WRT AIO: Do it manually until you know the nuances and can make an AIO work every time. AIO can be tricky and if a user runs in pants on head and starts clicking things they don’t understand they can jack up their switch. An uninformed user can and will do anything. That’s the downside of the unchecked power of a hacked switch.
2. Im going to update with daybreak and put the firmware in the root of the memory stick. First I was wondering if I should just update to the latest firmware or should I just update to the firmware of the games I want to play?
Use compatible Atmosphere, Hekate, Firmware. As long as it’s recent enough to play all the games you want, that’s really all that matters really.

3. I have heard of needing Sigpatches, but I am just curious if I really need them. I was going to put translation files on some of my games. That's the reason I hacked my switch so I just wanted to be sure if I should put them on my switch or not.
you need Sigpatches if you want to play backup games. If you are only doing homebrew and legit games then you don’t need them.
Thanks to anyone that can help.

Ultimadrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to find compatibility with NSZ files. I heard Tinfoil + NUT was the way to go, after finally getting NUT to recognize my USB now Tinfoil freezes whenever I choose the USBFS option. Any better options for NSZ installing? Is DBI what's recommended now?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to find compatibility with NSZ files. I heard Tinfoil + NUT was the way to go, after finally getting NUT to recognize my USB now Tinfoil freezes whenever I choose the USBFS option. Any better options for NSZ installing? Is DBI what's recommended now?
Yes, NSZ files work great with Tinfoil. Just compressed and installed one myself with nut.exe to make sure latest and greatest all work well together. They still do.

hmmm. Haven‘t had freezing.

Try just regular usb: instead of usbfs:

Do you have spaces in your folder names? Try getting the Organize Files feature working. It‘s what I use to normalize my game stash.

DBI is fantastic and absolutely handles NSZ files.
Tinwoo is another great installer that handles NSZs as well.

Nothing to stop you from trying other installers. We ain’t the installer police.

Ultimadrago

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, NSZ files work great with Tinfoil. Just compressed and installed one myself with nut.exe to make sure latest and greatest all work well together. They still do.

hmmm. Haven‘t had freezing.

Try just regular usb: instead of usbfs:

Do you have spaces in your folder names? Try getting the Organize Files feature working. It‘s what I use to normalize my game stash.

DBI is fantastic and absolutely handles NSZ files.
Tinwoo is another great installer that handles NSZs as well.

Nothing to stop you from trying other installers. We ain’t the installer police.
I have no clue why I didn't just choose USB before, but it did the trick. lol.
I am definitely going to try Tinwoo again next time since I already have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ