Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, need some knowledgeable advice:

I updated my sysnand fw online to lastest fw after restoring a nand backup, from there I created emmunand from sysnand and forgot to remove internet connections from settings so when I booted to emmunand cfw, since it had the sysnand ofw settings, it connected briefly to wifi, maybe seconds, since I disconnected wifi fast.

To make matters worse later I booted to cfw in sysnand by mistake and dirtied my sysnand (wasn't connected to internet), now I want to start from scratch restoring the nand backup again, but dont know if it's convenient since it's a backup with fw 4.1 (from when I bought the switch).

Any idea if updating my sysnand fw again from 4.1 to latest fw would alert Nintendo? Any way to update sysnand ofw without nintendo online servers and without dirtying sysnand? Tried the Haku33 method to clean the sysnand but it gave me an error: (dir delete failed....) and didnt finished so that didnt work.

Any advice greatly appreciated :)
You've already gone online with your console so restoring your backup would actually make matters worse because you would be reverting your console to a state that doesn't match what Nintendo has on their side. At this point, there is no point crying over split milk and what's done is done. You've already been flagged and you cannot do anything to reduce your chances since the information has already been transmitted to Nintendo. All you can do is just be careful to not send any more telemetry to Nintendo.
does any one know if skyward sword is a identical remaster of the wii version like links awakening was for the switch
While I personally haven't played the Switch version, from what I've seen & heard, its more like a port with quality of life improvements. Meaning its pretty faithful to the original both gameplay-wise and graphically.

Reactions: binkinator

Katanaxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You've already gone online with your console so restoring your backup would actually make matters worse because you would be reverting your console to a state that doesn't match what Nintendo has on their side. At this point, there is no point crying over split milk and what's done is done. You've already been flagged and you cannot do anything to reduce your chances since the information has already been transmitted to Nintendo. All you can do is just be careful to not send any more telemetry to Nintendo.

While I personally haven't played the Switch version, from what I've seen & heard, its more like a port with quality of life improvements. Meaning its pretty faithful to the original both gameplay-wise and graphically.
thank you for the advice mate.

Reactions: Draxzelex

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay but if you break it and can't fix it, don't blame me :rofl2:
All good. I take a lot of backups in between changes.

Unfortunately my FW and Atmos are now upgraded to 13.2.1 and 1.2.6 respectively and Lakka (v3 latest nightly) continues to boot up without issue.

Something is tweaked with your setup. Thoughts on building up from scratch?

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All good. I take a lot of backups in between changes.

Unfortunately my FW and Atmos are now upgraded to 13.2.1 and 1.2.6 respectively and Lakka (v3 latest nightly) continues to boot up without issue.

Something is tweaked with your setup. Thoughts on building up from scratch?
Definitely worth considering. Would I have to factory reset the switch?

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely think I may have messed something up along the way, but at this point it's probably impossible to say exactly what. If all I have to do is start from a blank FAT32 formatted SD card, I can definitely do that and should try it. I am worried I may have tweaked something on the switch itself that would require a factory reset

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Naw…just a blank SD Card formatted with FAT32/32k blocksize. Use Rufus if its a large SD card and windows won’t allow you to chose FAT32.

https://github.com/pbatard/rufus

Here’s a quick guide with download links if you want to tick off the steps line by line.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

I definitely think I may have messed something up along the way, but at this point it's probably impossible to say exactly what. If all I have to do is start from a blank FAT32 formatted SD card, I can definitely do that and should try it. I am worried I may have tweaked something on the switch itself that would require a factory reset

The Switch is getting old enough that it’s pretty rare to hurt these days. We’ll be fine.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Pantonio3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw…just a blank SD Card formatted with FAT32/32k blocksize. Use Rufus if its a large SD card and windows won’t allow you to chose FAT32.

https://github.com/pbatard/rufus

Here’s a quick guide with download links if you want to tick off the steps line by line.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

The Switch is getting old enough that it’s pretty rare to hurt these days. We’ll be fine.
So should I do a factory reset on the Switch or not, or should I just start from a blank SD card and go from there?

Quadrotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Switch actually has a Save Data Transfer Feature that was introduced in a firmware update a while back. I don't know if it requires an Internet connection from both consoles but I believe both need to have a linked Nintendo Account.
Unfortunately, my CFW Switch is banned. Thanks anyway

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Voltnova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am trying to restore a backup through astrosphere auto backups I have renamed and move to the sd section but when i try to restore the sysnand i get error reading from file. Any help is appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone