binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys!

I've been away from the scene for about 1 year, now i made a clean atmosphere installation in my switch with a new sd card.

Just want to know, in the past i used awoo instaler to install nsp and xci files.
Is it still good or is there any new and better title installer?

Awoo is still a fine installer. Goldleaf, Tinleaf, DBI and Tinfoil have their fans too. I try to stay away from religion.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just thought of a question. I am planning to restore my pristine 7.0 nand backup now that I have CFW working in emunand.

I recall my backup was done and then right after I used official method to do system transferred to another switch. Is this a problem that there are still Nintendo accounts and all that stuff tied to this old system that were technically transferred off it to another switch ? I read to format it, which was my plan, you do have to connect to Nintendo online. Am I safe with auto RCM enabled, to boot sysnand OFW after restore even though last state Nintendo saw the console the accounts had been transferred off? I want to update and use the console unbanned again.

Should I like just individually erase the user accounts first? Can you do that offline ?

well I’ll be damned…

I would think you would do this in airplane mode and then do a system wipe so all the accounts are removed. Then when you turn on wifi it would be in a pristine state that Ninty would expect it to be in, right? As long as it hasn’t been online with a higher version you should be OK. Why do you want to go back to 7.0?

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would think you would do this in airplane mode and then do a system wipe so all the accounts are removed. Then when you turn on wifi it would be in a pristine state that Ninty would expect it to be in, right? As long as it hasn’t been online with a higher version you should be OK. Why do you want to go back to 7.0?
It’s my only clean nand backup. My understanding is you can’t do a system wipe with out connecting to the internet. I do eventually want to update this and play it like stock switch and just boot in to emunand for other stuff.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see emummc config file showing Nintendo path of emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo so I copied my 322 go folder there. Still not working. Did I do it wrong ?

I am basically migrating SD cards so my backup right now is my old SD card. I made the emu nand partition on the new SD card and it launches and shows E in settings to indicate emunand but some games work but most don’t. I guess I can try and move the Nintendo folder back and try my CFW on sysnand with this sd card right ? Ok so now it’s not acting like it needs to be downloaded but I get software failed to start error like my sig patches are messed up maybe ? Do they need anything special for working in emunand?
Not really, no, especially if they were working previously. Ensure you have downloaded the latest patches from this thread.
Hello, I just purchased a v1 hacked switch yesterday, i have experience hacking devices but not the switch. So when i got it there was installed reboot to payload, daybreak and tinfoil. I am pretty sure i must backup my sysnand, the seller said its running on an emunand. I read that im supposed to do that with hekate but i cant seem to find it on the switch. Must i install it myself, if yes, how?

Also is there anything else i should know about having a modded switch? Any important apps i should install? Thanks
Firstly, I recommend familiarizing yourself with Switch terminology & general hacking by following this guide. I'm not saying to hack your console from scratch but try following the steps or at least understanding what they do so you know how it all works. Secondly, Hekate is a payload which you will understand better if you follow the aforementioned guide but simply put, its a file that you send to the console via USB from your computer, phone, dongle, etc. Once you understand how to send payloads, you can download the latest Hekate from here.
I just thought of a question. I am planning to restore my pristine 7.0 nand backup now that I have CFW working in emunand.

I recall my backup was done and then right after I used official method to do system transferred to another switch. Is this a problem that there are still Nintendo accounts and all that stuff tied to this old system that were technically transferred off it to another switch ? I read to format it, which was my plan, you do have to connect to Nintendo online. Am I safe with auto RCM enabled, to boot sysnand OFW after restore even though last state Nintendo saw the console the accounts had been transferred off? I want to update and use the console unbanned again.

Should I like just individually erase the user accounts first? Can you do that offline ?
Yes, it might be an issue but I believe there is a way to deregister Nintendo Accounts from their website so that might be worth checking out. I think you can still perform a factory reset online if not through system settings, you can do it via Maintenance Mode which you enter by holding volume + and - when turning the console on.

Reactions: binkinator

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, no, especially if they were working previously. Ensure you have downloaded the latest patches from this thread.

Firstly, I recommend familiarizing yourself with Switch terminology & general hacking by following this guide. I'm not saying to hack your console from scratch but try following the steps or at least understanding what they do so you know how it all works. Secondly, Hekate is a payload which you will understand better if you follow the aforementioned guide but simply put, its a file that you send to the console via USB from your computer, phone, dongle, etc. Once you understand how to send payloads, you can download the latest Hekate from here.

Yes, it might be an issue but I believe there is a way to deregister Nintendo Accounts from their website so that might be worth checking out. I think you can still perform a factory reset online if not through system settings, you can do it via Maintenance Mode which you enter by holding volume + and - when turning the console on.
I was thinking of trying maintenance mode. That still works with auto rcm ?

Also I was thinking maybe I can just delete all the users and games and stuff before going online and initializing console

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of trying maintenance mode. That still works with auto rcm ?

Also I was thinking maybe I can just delete all the users and games and stuff before going online and initializing console
Maintenance Mode always worked with AutoRCM. The timing is just slightly different. You have to push a payload first that launches CFW or OFW and once you are in the process of launching CFW/OFW is when you hold the buttons.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have one already, I always recommend all users TinWoo Installer as it is the one that I personally use and have never run into issues using. And if you're going be pirating the update, then you will have to be in CFW in order to play the game with the update. The only other way to obtain the update legitimately & without going online is by downloading it from another console locally.

Hey again. I do have 2 Switch Systems: One that is hackable, but on lower firmware. I believe it is on 12 something I think. Other Switch is the new OLED model that is on latest firmware. Both Systems have Mario 3D All-Stars, but the game is physical gamecard on the hackable Switch, and it is digital on my OLED Switch. Should I still go through with updating game on the hackable Switch? You said I would need to get update from another Switch if I go the legitimate route. How would I go about doing this and how can I keep from connecting to Nintendo's Servers? My hackable Switch is in Airplane mode and I am afraid of the update game/system update nags once I disable Airplane mode if I go through with this. Thoughts and help appreciated :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again. I do have 2 Switch Systems: One that is hackable, but on lower firmware. I believe it is on 12 something I think. Other Switch is the new OLED model that is on latest firmware. Both Systems have Mario 3D All-Stars, but the game is physical gamecard on the hackable Switch, and it is digital on my OLED Switch. Should I still go through with updating game on the hackable Switch? You said I would need to get update from another Switch if I go the legitimate route. How would I go about doing this and how can I keep from connecting to Nintendo's Servers? My hackable Switch is in Airplane mode and I am afraid of the update game/system update nags once I disable Airplane mode if I go through with this. Thoughts and help appreciated :)
You can update the game on your OLED then use the Local Update option to update the game on your hackable console if you don't want to pirate the update. This will also require your hackable console to be on the same firmware as your OLED which you can easily accomplish with Daybreak. However updating your firmware may begin to nag you to update other games if they aren't already on the latest version. Not to mention that Airplane Mode would need to disabled too and the nags might start, with or without it.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm long time SXOS user and I have the pro dongle. I'm about to migrate to ATM, will I be able to use the SXOS dongle or do I have to buy another one?
Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DevilzCY

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I already came across the guide. But I'm concern about the physical dongle to boot. So the answer is yes? The SXOS pro dongle work with ATM?

Yes.

You don’t change the dongle…the dongle still looks for boot.dat. You change boot.dat to be hekate.x.x.x.bin or fusee.bin or any other payload you want to boot Using this:

https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

copy a payload (fusee.bin) to that site and it will generate a boot.dat. Double check to be sure it didn’t add .html or some other suffix. It has to replace boot.dat on the root of your sd card.

done

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes.

You don’t change the dongle…the dongle still looks for boot.dat. You change boot.dat to be hekate.x.x.x.bin or fusee.bin or any other payload you want to boot Using this:

https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

copy a payload (fusee.bin) to that site and it will generate a boot.dat. Double check to be sure it didn’t add .html or some other suffix. It has to replace boot.dat on the root of your sd card.

done
Lovely, thank you so much for the well written response. 3,000 thumb up

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovely, thank you so much for the well written response. 3,000 thumb up

Good luck!

BTW, the reentry guide version does what @CompSciOrBust was suggesting at the end of the gba thread I linked to above. Reentry method uses the official SX_Gear_v1.1.zip which contains a boot.dat that will boot anything that you rename to payload.bin. It’s a perfectly viable method as well…just follow the guide to the letter and you‘ll be up in no time.

DevilzCY

Trophies
XP
Country
Good luck!

BTW, the reentry guide version does what @CompSciOrBust was suggesting at the end of the gba thread I linked to above. Reentry method uses the official SX_Gear_v1.1.zip which contains a boot.dat that will boot anything that you rename to payload.bin. It’s a perfectly viable method as well…just follow the guide to the letter and you‘ll be up in no time.
I just read through every comment from the thread that you referred to and things start to make more sense now. Thank you so much for helping. Glad that you came across my post and hope the community have more nice people like you. 9,999 thumb up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work