Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Wait, when talking about SX's Cleanup option, they're only talking about the boot0.bin right?

What I found after dumping 4 types was:

hekate (SX cleanup)

SX backup (cleanup)

hekate (SX Gear)​

SX backup (forgot cleanup)​
boot0.bin or BOOT0
different checksum
(same contents #1)

different checksum
(same contents #1)

different checksum
(same contents #2)​

different checksum
(same contents #2)​
boot1.bin or BOOT1
same checksum

same checksum

same checksum​

same checksum​

also after figuring out how to get the keys correctly, I used them in NxNandManager to extract PRODINFO->SAFE partitions, and between the Gear hekate, Cleanup hekate, & SX OS Backup (no cleanup). The checksums for PRODINFO, PRODINFOF, & SAFE all match. That means, for the NAND, it's the exact same thing right?

(tho weirdly enough, SX OS's 6 BCPKG2 bins were just 0Kb for some reason, I wonder if it had something to do with me backing it up without pressing Clean Up first)
[Note: I haven't yet tried extracting the BCPKG2 stuff from an SX backup that had the Cleanup option pressed prior to it. Still backing-up that one]

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well that’s not good. I mean it’s good that it’s working but doesn’t give us any clues as to root cause because everything in the chain is working as expected from this end.

Let’s try another USB HDD freshly formatted as FAT32, copy one small game over, and see if your Switch will recognize it.

I’m thinking it’s possible your main HDD has something corrupted that’s enough to trigger the Switch but your PC manages to muscle through It.

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Well that’s not good. I mean it’s good that it’s working but doesn’t give us any clues as to root cause because everything in the chain is working as expected from this end.

Let’s try another USB HDD freshly formatted as FAT32, copy one small game over, and see if your Switch will recognize it.

I’m thinking it’s possible your main HDD has something corrupted that’s enough to trigger the Switch but your PC manages to muscle through It.
But why doesn’t tinfoil read usbfs when plugged into via same pc if that’s the case ? That was my main way of installing I rarely used external
Hdd.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking earlier in hekate and the table I saw says my fuse count should let me downgrade to like 8.0 so I’m pretty sure I haven’t burnt any fuses since that backup. How can I check what firmware my NAnd backup is?

This leads me to wonder about my next question , if you are booting OFW on sysnand the only way to update it is to connect to Nintendo servers for update and burn your fuses? I guess just make a new pristine backup on the higher firmware and don’t worry about having to downgrade and do it each time a fuse is burned or there is just no point doing that ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking earlier in hekate and the table I saw says my fuse count should let me downgrade to like 8.0 so I’m pretty sure I haven’t burnt any fuses since that backup. How can I check what firmware my NAnd backup is?

This leads me to wonder about my next question , if you are booting OFW on sysnand the only way to update it is to connect to Nintendo servers for update and burn your fuses? I guess just make a new pristine backup on the higher firmware and don’t worry about having to downgrade and do it each time a fuse is burned or there is just no point doing that ?
You can use NX Nand Manager to check. Also, you don't have to burn fuses to update OFW on sysMMC. I've been installing the firmware updates in CFW to avoid burning fuses and (knocking on wood), I haven't been banned yet.

Reactions: binkinator

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you don't have to burn fuses to update OFW on sysMMC. I've been installing the firmware updates in CFW to avoid burning fuses and (knocking on wood), I haven't been banned yet.
Wait, by "installing updates in CFW,"
do you mean:
- booting to ofw using hekate then updating with Nintendo server? (say, as opposed to Genuine boot for chip users)
or
- booting emunand cfw and from there, update the sysnand?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why doesn’t tinfoil read usbfs when plugged into via same pc if that’s the case ? That was my main way of installing I rarely used external
Hdd.

Not entirely sure to be honest. Just trying to do some process of elimination since we really have very little to go on.

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
The first option.
fingers crossed I don't get banned too.

Hey is there a chance of getting banned in online-sysnand if I:
- launch ofw-hekate with SX Gear (no cleanup)(CAL0 and keyblob 0-5 stuff doesn't seem corrupted and Lockpick_RCM works)
or
- launch ofw-hekate with SX 3.1.0 beta (w/ Cleanup)(but CAL0 and keys stuff seems to be corrupted -or maybe not accessed correctly- Lockpic_RCM doesn't really work that well)

(knocking on wood), I haven't been banned yet.
after looking up the meaning of "knocking on wood," it's basically a Disable-JINX thing or something right?
(or at least, that's what I understood)(I think I looked this up before but still found it confusing at the time)

Last edited by Allen-R,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fingers crossed I don't get banned too.

Hey is there a chance of getting banned in online-sysnand if I:
- launch ofw-hekate with SX Gear (no cleanup)(CAL0 and keyblob 0-5 stuff doesn't seem corrupted and Lockpick_RCM works)
or
- launch ofw-hekate with SX 3.1.0 beta (w/ Cleanup)(but CAL0 and keys stuff seems to be corrupted -or maybe not accessed correctly- Lockpic_RCM doesn't really work that well)

after looking up the meaning of "knocking on wood," it's basically a Disable-JINX thing or something right?
(or at least, that's what I understood)(I think I looked this up before but still found it confusing at the time)
I don't have a lot of data since most bans happened before the SX modchips were released but I think you should be fine in either scenario. Just to be on the safe side, you should run the cleanup option. And yes, knocking on wood is a saying to avoid accidentally jinxing yourself.

Allen-R

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't have a lot of data since most bans happened before the SX modchips were released but I think you should be fine in either scenario. Just to be on the safe side, you should run the cleanup option. And yes, knocking on wood is a saying to avoid accidentally jinxing yourself.
wait, so it's fine to go online even if the CAL0 & keys stuff (which is PRODINFO I think) don't work well?

you said either was fine:
[broken PRODINFO stuff][SX cleanup](slow) or [working PRODINFO stuff][no SX cleanup](instant)

Lumona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys, my v1 switch is using cfw (atmosphere) on sysnand since like the beginning. Now I want to split into sysnand and emunand to be able to use OFW to go line + legit gaming.
I have a clean NAND backup, but the problem is that back up is of older firmware (5.0 or 6.0, I dont remember correctly). And the fuse is burnted back then when i first used cfw with little knowledge. Can I boot into ofw using hekate to bypass fuse check, then connect to nintendo server to update the firmware normally ?

If so, I imagine all of the moving from sysnand to emunand be like :
1. create backup of current dirty (cfw) sysnand, copy all files from sd card to pc
2. create emunand -> the sd is formated and re-partitioned in the process ?
3. restore my dirty backup nand backup to emunand -> boot into it to check if it's okay or not.
4. restore my clean backup to sysnand
5. use hekate to boot into sysnand, log into nintendo server to update to newest firm
6. enjoy both emunand (prodinfo cleared) and clean sysnand

Please correct me if there are smt wrong, because i'm still a newbie and my knowledge are out of date

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, my v1 switch is using cfw (atmosphere) on sysnand since like the beginning. Now I want to split into sysnand and emunand to be able to use OFW to go line + legit gaming.
I have a clean NAND backup, but the problem is that back up is of older firmware (5.0 or 6.0, I dont remember correctly). And the fuse is burnted back then when i first used cfw with little knowledge. Can I boot into ofw using hekate to bypass fuse check, then connect to nintendo server to update the firmware normally ?

If so, I imagine all of the moving from sysnand to emunand be like :
1. create backup of current dirty (cfw) sysnand, copy all files from sd card to pc
2. create emunand -> the sd is formated and re-partitioned in the process ?
3. restore my dirty backup nand backup to emunand -> boot into it to check if it's okay or not.
4. restore my clean backup to sysnand
5. use hekate to boot into sysnand, log into nintendo server to update to newest firm
6. enjoy both emunand (prodinfo cleared) and clean sysnand

Please correct me if there are smt wrong, because i'm still a newbie and my knowledge are out of date
youll want to back up your current sysnand incase something goes wrong.
copy sd card contents to desktop, drag new backup to a safe place on pc.
then create emunand.
put cfw files back on sd card as well as your very old backup of sysnand.
in hekate enable autorcm
restore old nand in hekate
boot sysnand thru hekate and update normally.

Reactions: Lumona

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yesterday a strange thing happened to me with a Switch of a friend of mine:
i formed a 512gb sdcard in fat32 and put the last atmosphere inserted on the switch and started hekate with rekado the yellow text of minerva lib manconti appears and update the bootloader,i remove the sd from the switch and put it in the pc and all the folders are missing, done a couple of times always the same result.
I try my smallest sd always im Fat32 and hekate starts without problems,then i try to format the 512gb sd in exFat and reinsert the files for the hack and try to start atmosphere and this time it starts.
I wanted to know what happened that one sdcard is seen in Fat32 and another just exFat.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday a strange thing happened to me with a Switch of a friend of mine:
i formed a 512gb sdcard in fat32 and put the last atmosphere inserted on the switch and started hekate with rekado the yellow text of minerva lib manconti appears and update the bootloader,i remove the sd from the switch and put it in the pc and all the folders are missing, done a couple of times always the same result.
I try my smallest sd always im Fat32 and hekate starts without problems,then i try to format the 512gb sd in exFat and reinsert the files for the hack and try to start atmosphere and this time it starts.
I wanted to know what happened that one sdcard is seen in Fat32 and another just exFat.
how are you formatting the card in fat32?
have you tested this new card to make sure its legit? (use h2testw)
you say you added atmosphere, what about hekate files?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how are you formatting the card in fat32?
have you tested this new card to make sure its legit? (use h2testw)
you say you added atmosphere, what about hekate files?
The external files remain the folders atmosphere, switch etc ... after copying them they are deleted, once inserted in the switch why?

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Not entirely sure to be honest. Just trying to do some process of elimination since we really have very little to go on.

Yup so the external hdd worked when I formatted to fat32. Never seen anything like this. I get why the sd card needs to be fat32 but why external usbs and connecting to pc cable ?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Simple question: how does one upgrade the size of the sd card? Is it as simple as backing everything up on a pc and copy it back to another sd card? Or are there extra steps?

Using atmosphere no emunand or whatever.

Also what is the biggest size sd it will accept?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol