Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello... I tried formatting my switch with cfw but its not working. Its still at 0% and its been about 15 minutes since I started it... I don't know if this is normal behaviour, and should I shut down the switch? it says I shouldn't.

I tried formatting the system on stock firmware, not on the cfw firmware btw.

Also if anyone knows if I format my console can I go online again. Cuz I don't really have a nand backup, or what else can I do so I can go back online. Thanks

Its been like 20 minutes... I think I will shut it down.
What do you mean by reformatting your switch. Do you mean formatting the SD card, and then resetting the console itself to default settings? Please clarify. The way I see it, if you are using any modern method with a raw SysMMC and an emuMMC, you should be free of having to, "Reformat your system" unless you just want to go to default settings for some reason on the switch on your SysMMC. You're simply booting to another copy of your SysMMCas an emuMMC on the SD card. So, is this the setup you have?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you're launching it via the Album, then you're launching it as an Applet which doesn't have enough RAM to run Lithium. I run TinWoo Installer this way with no issues, fyi.

That title ID actually refers to the Album. Are you trying to launch a homebrew application? If so, try holding R over a game to launch the homebrew menu with full RAM.
Thanks,but actually i already have Tinwoo Installer,i wanted to understand why Lithium closes as soon as you open it,because i want to download online games directly from Switch and not go through NS-USBloader from a smartphone because i hardly have any more space to download games.👋

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

PauloLima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys. I made this account recently and i´m a non english native, so bare with me.

My setup is:

Switch V1 not patched.
Used SXOS for maybe 2 years
Found a guide online to migrate to atms
Couldnt make Tegra work on PC (faulty USB port i premuse, since my USB devices are having problems latelly)
Used SXOS Dongle to inject fusee (not primary, using atms 1.2.5)

So right now everything is working kinda fine. My issues are:

1- i disable autorcm. I have a boot.dat file in the SD card to iniciate the SXOS payload. If i enable the autorcm will i be directed to the SXOS CFW?

2- can i enable autorcm and be directed to the fusee (atms)?

3- when i launch the fusee payload from the sxos "dongle menu" (payloader?) i see a message like this: fatal error ocurred, click power to reboot". I click power and atms gets launched. Is it normal?

Thanks for the atention, and im sorry if i is difficult to understand.

doop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi guys. I made this account recently and i´m a non english native, so bare with me.

My setup is:

Switch V1 not patched.
Used SXOS for maybe 2 years
Found a guide online to migrate to atms
Couldnt make Tegra work on PC (faulty USB port i premuse, since my USB devices are having problems latelly)
Used SXOS Dongle to inject fusee (not primary, using atms 1.2.5)

So right now everything is working kinda fine. My issues are:

1- i disable autorcm. I have a boot.dat file in the SD card to iniciate the SXOS payload. If i enable the autorcm will i be directed to the SXOS CFW?

2- can i enable autorcm and be directed to the fusee (atms)?

3- when i launch the fusee payload from the sxos "dongle menu" (payloader?) i see a message like this: fatal error ocurred, click power to reboot". I click power and atms gets launched. Is it normal?

Thanks for the atention, and im sorry if i is difficult to understand.
Why not remove anything sxos related on your sd card then see if you still have the error message.
Autorcm doesn`t auto boot a payload so with the sxos stuff removed Autorcm would boot to a black screen waiting for a payload.
If youre still using the usb loader you could use this tool to make a fusee boot.dat instead?
https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

Last edited by doop,
Reactions: PauloLima

PauloLima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why not remove anything sxos related on your sd card then see if you still have the error message. Autorcm doesn`t auto boot a payload so with the sxos stuff removed Autorcm would boot to a black screen waiting for a payload. If youre still using the usb loader you could use this tool to make a fusee boot.dat instead?
Thank you for the response.

If i remove the boot dat file the screen goes black with red letters sayng "BOOT DAT".

my reaserch showed that the sxos dongle only recognize boot dat files, that sxos use, is that correct? I by creating a fusee boot dat file i would circle that around and "force" the dongle to lauch atms. Is that it?

doop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Thank you for the response.

If i remove the boot dat file the screen goes black with red letters sayng "BOOT DAT".

my reaserch showed that the sxos dongle only recognize boot dat files, that sxos use, is that correct? I by creating a fusee boot dat file i would circle that around and "force" the dongle to lauch atms. Is that it?
Yes thats it.

Reactions: PauloLima

PauloLima

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes thats it.
It worked, thank you. It now loads atms directly.

On another topic: i just got my hand on a friends laptop. The switch is not recognized either. I installed the tegra drivers and the zadig on both pcs, and still nothing. Tried multiple ports and 3 cables.

What could it be? The switch docks correctly, the dongle works....

Edit: just to clarify, i want to connect to the pc to install NSP and maybe a NUT server, no to boot the paylod, since it im using the dongle.

Edit 2: i know i can use the SD card to install NSP but my SD card reader is garbage and will fry for sure with bigger games.

Edit 3: I found goldleaf 0.9, wich install from USB HDD on dock. But i still dont undestand why the switch doesnt get reconized by the pcs.

Last edited by PauloLima,

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone please give me a reminder? I dumped some save-games from my USER and SYSTEM part on my clean sysMMC via TegraExplorer but how do I convert these again for use with Yuzu/RyujiNX?

It's just two folders with files that are just numbers and I know I did this conversion before but I forgot how and which guide I used :P

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Someone can explain to me why if I format the sdcard in fat32 atmosphere it does not start and it gives me an error that some files are missing and i have to update the boooader folder,instead if i format the sdcard in exfat atmosphere it starts without problems.
And all afternoon i try and try again and again with the same results.
I am using a samsung 256gb sdcard and the latest package from sdsetup.com,this is a mystery.🤔🤔🤔

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone can explain to me why if I format the sdcard in fat32 atmosphere it does not start and it gives me an error that some files are missing and i have to update the boooader folder,instead if i format the sdcard in exfat atmosphere it starts without problems.
And all afternoon i try and try again and again with the same results.
I am using a samsung 256gb sdcard and the latest package from sdsetup.com,this is a mystery.🤔🤔🤔

Should explain what is the error

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Should explain what is the error
Yellow writing appears vertically when i try to inject hekate 5.6.5 which says that the minerva libs and things like that are missing and then if i try to run atmosphere a red writing appears that tells me to update the bootloader folder and that it doesn't exist, too the Nyx menu don't appear,instead i have a vertical menu with some options.

BaconBurg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install nsp files for the past 2 days but when i try, it gives me the error:

Failed to install LetsgoPikachu.nsp
OpenFileSystemId:122 Failed to open file system with id:
@sdcardcontent://registered/000000FA/9d326feb80bac6f5b8faaacbca2f94eo.nca. Error Code 0x00234c02

I'm using tinwoo because tinfoil wont install. using latest atmosphere on switch 13.2. tinwoo lets me install updates and dlc, just not games. it also gave me this error when I tried to install an xci file instead with other games. any help would be appreciated.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install nsp files for the past 2 days but when i try, it gives me the error:

Failed to install LetsgoPikachu.nsp
OpenFileSystemId:122 Failed to open file system with id:
@sdcardcontent://registered/000000FA/9d326feb80bac6f5b8faaacbca2f94eo.nca. Error Code 0x00234c02

I'm using tinwoo because tinfoil wont install. using latest atmosphere on switch 13.2. tinwoo lets me install updates and dlc, just not games. it also gave me this error when I tried to install an xci file instead with other games. any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if will help but read:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-0x00234c02-when-installing-nsp.555786/
But sounds like a Sigpatch problem, or a bad game rip.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

BaconBurg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did that but now no application loads except for homebrew launcher and applications via applet mode. everything else just makes a black screen and forces me to force power off the switch. however i was able to install the nsp from applet mode, but when i loaded the game it still black screened me.

BaconBurg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did that but now no application loads except for homebrew launcher and applications via applet mode. everything else just makes a black screen and forces me to force power off the switch. however i was able to install the nsp from applet mode, but when i loaded the game it still black screened me.
just did a test and found out that by removing kip1patch=nosigchk from the ini it now lets me run the games i had installed, but now i cant install anymore so i think this is the setup i will use until I find a better method. add the line to install games and delete it to play them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk