Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? Also the Switch uses an eMMC so you don't "setup eMMC" because that is how the console normally loads.

Try using other USB ports and/or cables. Also make sure that you are turning off the console each time you're sending a payload because you cannot send another payload after immediately sending one; it needs to be booted back into RCM. You can turn off the console by performing a manual shutdown (i.e. holding the power button for 15 seconds).

Well I initially didn't understand your question because you didn't mention you were using emuMMC or psnes (you typed "panes" so I assumed you meant panels). Anyway while emuMMC is a copy of the sysMMC, its only a copy of the internal files. The external files are not copied automatically and need to be reconfigured accordingly. The update data for all your games is most likely in your Nintendo folder which isn't the same one that your emuMMC is reading; by default, it reads its own Nintendo folder which you can find in the emummc folder. From here, you have 2 options:
  1. Copy and paste the Nintendo folder that sysMMC uses on the root to replace the one that emuMMC is using inside the emummc folder
  2. Change the emummc.ini file to read the same Nintendo folder that sysMMC uses on the root of the SD card
Option 1 is going to end up taking more space on your SD card but allows you to ensure that sysMMC and emuMMC each have their own set of games. If you don't want that and/or the extra space for having double the Nintendo folders, you can go with option 2. As for psnes, unfortunately I have no experience using it. You ma have better luck asking the psnes thread.
Thankyou for the info, I'll go with option 1 i think, plenty of space on the sd card B-) an apologies for the typo, no doubt that was confusing :-D

Reactions: Draxzelex

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? Also the Switch uses an eMMC so you don't "setup eMMC" because that is how the console normally loads.

I belive it is formated as FAT32 using guiformat. Isn't MMC its regular memory, while a eMMC = emuMMC = "emunand" from 3DS?

Whatever it might be called, I was in "emunand" while the console ran out of battery.

Last edited by Pokepicker,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I belive it is formated as FAT32 using guiformat. Isn't MMC its regular memory, while a eMMC = emuMMC = "emunand" from 3DS?

Whatever it might be called, I was in "emunand" while the console ran out of battery.
eMMC, emuMMC, and emuNAND are all completely different things. eMMC is the card that the operating system for the Switch is stored on. You can read more about them here. An emuMMC is short for emulated eMMC and as the name implies, its when you emulate the eMMC on a different type of storage such as an SD card. emuNAND is similar to emuMMC but not the same; its short for emulating NAND because the 3DS uses a NAND chip not an eMMC. You can read up on NAND chips here.

Anyway, there isn't much information about the first error code you posted and the second error code is the most generic error code for the Switch. Outside of formatting your SD card and putting a fresh set of files, I can't think of anything else worth trying.

vendettared

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to install a game with goldleaf and i get "Error: 2002-6400 (0x320002) I am on 11.0.1 AMS and I'm not sure what to do. any help is appreciated

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to install a game with goldleaf and i get "Error: 2002-6400 (0x320002) I am on 11.0.1 AMS and I'm not sure what to do. any help is appreciated
Well using the scene's worst title installer is probably not helping you. Try using a better one such as TinWoo Installer and see if the error persists.

snow_box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I'm just looking for some clarification on some things. If I've never done anything dirty to my sysnand like booting CFW or running homebrew, will I run the risk of getting banned if I do legitimate activities on it like playing with real game cartridges and connecting to Nintendo servers? This is assuming my switch is already modded and running emunand from RCM. Thanks !

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I'm just looking for some clarification on some things. If I've never done anything dirty to my sysnand like booting CFW or running homebrew, will I run the risk of getting banned if I do legitimate activities on it like playing with real game cartridges and connecting to Nintendo servers? This is assuming my switch is already modded and running emunand from RCM. Thanks !
No, you should be fine. Running CFW & homebrew are the only reasons people get banned,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean I will still be fine if I run CFW & homebrew on an emunand? I am thinking of switching between sysnand and emunand to play games
I should have been more clear. Going online after using CFW & homebrew are the only reasons people get banned.
I thought the main reason people got banned was cheating online or pirating, and not for simply using cfw.
That is a common misconception. All bans are due to people using CFW and/or homebrew at one point. Further information as well as proof are all compiled in this thread.

snow_box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also specify, for my case, I pirated games. Since I'm new to this, I assumed pirating is the same thing as cfw and homebrew but that's obviously wrong, mb.

snow_box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have been more clear. Going online after using CFW & homebrew are the only reasons people get banned.

That is a common misconception. All bans are due to people using CFW and/or homebrew at one point. Further information as well as proof are all compiled in this thread.
Just to be absolutely clear, I will risk a ban even if I limit activities for sysnand and emunand like so?

sysnand: playing legitimate game cartridges, accessing online Nintendo servers, NO cfw/homebrew/pirate
emunand: CFW, homebrew, nsp pirating, NEVER accessing Nintendo servers

Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be absolutely clear, I will risk a ban even if I limit activities for sysnand and emunand like so?

sysnand: playing legitimate game cartridges, accessing online Nintendo servers, NO cfw/homebrew/pirate

Thanks
Like I said, people are only banned when going online after using CFW/homebrew, So logically it follows that if you never go online after using CFW/homebrew, then you will never get banned.

Reactions: snow_box

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks
Limiting cfw to a incognito'd emunand is 100% ban proof. That being said, running cfw on sysnand, while it holds ban risks, depending on what you do, it varies widely on how you get banned. Install a nsp? , thats instant ban, using save editors? Youll be fine 99% of the time. Not recommended for new users but been online in cfw for 3yrs and 0 bans, as well as the 10 other switch iv setup identically. Just gotta be smart about what you do.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Limiting cfw to a incognito'd emunand is 100% ban proof. That being said, running cfw on sysnand, while it holds ban risks, depending on what you do, it varies widely on how you get banned. Install a nsp? , thats instant ban, using save editors? Youll be fine 99% of the time. Not recommended for new users but been online in cfw for 3yrs and 0 bans, as well as the 10 other switch iv setup identically. Just gotta be smart about what you do.
What you said is false. Installing an .NSP file is not a instant ban as there are users who have installed .NSP files and have not been banned yet. There are also a lot more people than you'd realize who have been banned for not only using save editors but dumping your save files. Don't believe me? All of the proof is in the ban thread. There are hundreds upon hundreds of users data in there.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you said is false. Installing an .NSP file is not a instant ban as there are users who have installed .NSP files and have not been banned yet. There are also a lot more people than you'd realize who have been banned for not only using save editors but dumping your save files. Don't believe me? All of the proof is in the ban thread. There are hundreds upon hundreds of users data in there.
Most those bans are not just save edits, they are acnh map edited stuff + stuff from 2018 isnt always relevent in today meta. A installed a pirated nsp absolutely will get you banned. I say instant because the log is sent and its not a matter of if but when your getting banned.

No one has gotten banned for save backups alone in the past year+. Its always a combo of save editing and doing dumb stuff on sysnand

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most those bans are not just save edits, they are acnh map edited stuff + stuff from 2018 isnt always relevent in today meta. A installed a pirated nsp absolutely will get you banned. I say instant because the log is sent and its not a matter of if but when your getting banned.

No one has gotten banned for save backups alone in the past year+.
The same logic can literally be applied to anything else. All data is sent to data whether its an .NSP file, CFW usage, or a homebrew app; they all lead to the same conclusion which is a ban and its only a matter of time until the hammer drops. I also require citation for that last statement.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same logic can literally be applied to anything else. All data is sent to data whether its an .NSP file, CFW usage, or a homebrew app; they all lead to the same conclusion which is a ban and its only a matter of time until the hammer drops. I also require citation for that last statement.
No its not the same logic, all actions aren't equal, Nintendo absolutely specifically cares about certain things over others. So no its not always a matter of when, risk yes.

Find me a credible source that says otherwise, because half the people on here lie to not get embarrassed by stupid actions in sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @BakerMan I got barometz. Do you want some? +1