Canada
Reactions: Plazorn

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Okay, so... since nobody seems to want to make a jailbreak for a Mariko Switch, I eventually found someone among my network of friends that was willing to sell theirs... it was in the "potentially patched" range, but evidently hacked. Got it with some dongle called an RCMloader, and the rest of the stuff it came with stock.

At least after figuring out how to make a partition for emuMMC on the SD card, I was then able to finally get Atmosphere to work.

My previous Mariko switch, which has all my legit save files and stuff, is still on 8.0.1, as it shipped in the box.
This new-to-me unit is on 12.1.0...

Simply, I need to find a way to migrate my present user profile to this one, so I can give the Mariko unit to the wife because I know she's been itching to play Metroid Dread since launch... and I think she managed to find a place to score the Special edition copy. I don't know how to do that, and to be fair I do feel lost in terms of what all there is to do with the system, and wondering if it's okay to delete the former owner's user account and keep the presently installed stuff? :unsure:

This is my first time messing with this stuff on the switch, and well, didn't expect to have a pre-hacked unit to work with. So I'm still kind of in the dark for how to proceed.
Only possible if it's no banned one

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Okay, so... since nobody seems to want to make a jailbreak for a Mariko Switch, I eventually found someone among my network of friends that was willing to sell theirs... it was in the "potentially patched" range, but evidently hacked. Got it with some dongle called an RCMloader, and the rest of the stuff it came with stock.

At least after figuring out how to make a partition for emuMMC on the SD card, I was then able to finally get Atmosphere to work.

My previous Mariko switch, which has all my legit save files and stuff, is still on 8.0.1, as it shipped in the box.
This new-to-me unit is on 12.1.0...

Simply, I need to find a way to migrate my present user profile to this one, so I can give the Mariko unit to the wife because I know she's been itching to play Metroid Dread since launch... and I think she managed to find a place to score the Special edition copy. I don't know how to do that, and to be fair I do feel lost in terms of what all there is to do with the system, and wondering if it's okay to delete the former owner's user account and keep the presently installed stuff? :unsure:

This is my first time messing with this stuff on the switch, and well, didn't expect to have a pre-hacked unit to work with. So I'm still kind of in the dark for how to proceed.
You can always go an disassemble all the firmware of the martini unit. Find a vulnerability and release a hack yourself

Even you can politely ask.

No body owes nothing to you nor us. All the big guys on the scene do it for free on his spare time.

And if there is no hack yet isn't for do no want

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can always go an disassemble all the firmware of the martini unit. Find a vulnerability and release a hack yourself

Even you can politely ask.

No body owes nothing to you nor us. All the big guys on the scene do it for free on his spare time.

And if there is no hack yet isn't for do no want
If I knew how to do that, why do you think I'd waste my time asking on a forum such as this?

And switchhaxguide still keeps saying "wait for homebrew", and I would have been fine with that at least. but no, not a damn thing, even since the revision released.

And $200 USD for a modchip from a sketch seller + $250(+!) for the "service" to install it, with no guarantee of it working and no guarantee that you'll even get your console back, is not exactly appealing, on top of the cost of the console itself. No, that's fiscally stupid.

Nikola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You may not like this, but I would start fresh, re-do your SD card. Follow the guide from this post. NONE of this is my work, I just kind of compiled the basic thought stream together. The guides are the work of Wizards:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-9665272

PS - You should be able to keep your emuMMC partition, as long as it was made in a similar fashion to this guide, just make sure you have all the files cleaned up and in the right place. As well, I always back up the root of my Fat32 partition before I make changes, just in case something goes wrong.
I find the solution and it's isn't that hard and complicated like you gays trying to make: I just needed to delete files in the 'Contents' folder on 'Atmosphere' folder and that's it. I guess they were creating some kind of intolerance. Now everything is as it should be, at least for now .. Thank everyone for the effort and all the best! :bow:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I find the solution and it's isn't that hard and complicated like you gays trying to make: I just needed to delete files in the 'Contents' folder on 'Atmosphere' folder and that's it. I guess they were creating some kind of intolerance. Now everything is as it should be, at least for now .. Thank everyone for the effort and all the best! :bow:
yes, that has been sated hundreds of times, if you have troubles with your atmosphére or installing titles:

BACKUP AND DELETE YOUR ATMOSPHERE FOLDER, INCLUDING BOOTLOADER AND SEPT IF YOU HAVE IT. and recreate from newly downloaded files from github.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way too check what OFW I’m currently on without having too leave CFW/turn off the system?
OFW & CFW are both just modes; its similar to booting Safe Mode with Windows. You're still booting Windows but a different way. Your firmware can be 13.0 you are currently on but it won't stop being 13.0 if you choose to boot CFW. So you can go into System Settings and check what firmware you're on.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFW & CFW are both just modes; its similar to booting Safe Mode with Windows. You're still booting Windows but a different way. Your firmware can be 13.0 you are currently on but it won't stop being 13.0 if you choose to boot CFW. So you can go into System Settings and check what firmware you're on.
Ok my bad then, I said that wrong then. Can I see what firmware my switch is on without turning it off, and stay on CFW? cuz my emuMMC is on 12.1 and I can’t remember the last time I updated my OFW.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my bad then, I said that wrong then. Can I see what firmware my switch is on without turning it off, and stay on CFW? cuz my emuMMC is on 12.1 and I can’t remember the last time I updated my OFW.
Well if by 'OFW', you meant sysMMC, you can use Hekate to reboot into sysMMC if that is your reboot_to_payload.bin file. The way to access reboot_to_payload.bin is by pressing Restart from the Power menu; in CFW, it replaces Restart with reboot_to_payload.bin

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does anyone here feel about burning fuses? Do we care anymore or do we try to keep them as long as possible? I keep hearing from both sides. #FuseLifeMatters #idcBurnThemAll

I decided to go ahead and burn mine, but I kind of regretting it now. I updated my EmuMMC to 12.1.0, but my game cart port couldn't read my carts and just decided to burn fuses by disabling AutoNoGC. Can I not play legit games on my Switch? How am I going to update BDSP? I rather not touch sysNAND. I just want to live in my EmuMMC world for now. I wish, I just dumped my cart instead burning fuses.

Exactly, that is the use of EmuMMC, having a full functional system leaving original SysNAD untouched.

Never disable AutoRCM, on that way you will end eventually running OFC by mistake and risking to banning or making changes or burning fuses. I preffer to use AutoRCM and Hekate because allows me to autoboot on a configuration or start on a menu for selecting the one system I want (OFC with atmosphére, CFW, SYSNAND, EmuNAND, Linux, Lakka, etc.). Even if AutoBoot is enabled on Hekate, pressing VOL- while loading take you to NIX, so you can select another boot, payload or use all the NIX tools.

Any firmware you want or need is safe, if you load a firmware without CFW you will burn fuses (the fuses avoid you to downgrade firmware on OFW)

Correct: if AutoRCM is disabled, you need to short pins on joy-con rail, press VOL+ and power all at same time.
Thank you for the confirmation of only using EmuMMC and never disabling AutoRCM. I'm making notes of those. Have you setup a partition for Linux on your device? If so, what are you using the Linux partition for? How do you feel about burning fuses?
If you download the SIGpatches from this forum they are backward compatible, they should just work. No, nothing needs to be installed yet.

Sorry not following you on BDSP.

Once again if you install the sig patches from this forum they are back ward compatible, up to the newest formware.

Yep, drop them into the matching bootloader and atmosphere folder in the right place. The right place, matches the folder already there when you download the SIG patches.

I just use the main ones here, that I posted earlier, they work great and like I said are compatible with older firmware
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

Nothing to pray about they're just SIGpatches.

That right after you install the game from the cart to SD you can put the cart away some where safe. Really great if you have kids who like to loose things.

If you mean you're real SysMMC, I would not. you're asking got trouble in the form of a ban.

I didn't upload any SIGpatches. The SIG patches are the work of Wizards and Gods, I am but a mere mortal.
Replying in order to your comments.
-I'm not sure what I did wrong. I tried the latest sigPatches with 11.0.0 and couldn't get tinfoil to install.
-Perhaps my instructions for Tinfoil was bad. I already didn't know that.
-My apologizes if you mentioned that before. I was trying to figure out if the sigPATCHes were backwards compatible.
-I extract sigPATCHES into my SD. I am pretty sure I did that correctly.
-I tried that and github page as well.
-When I don't fully understand concepts, I make mistakes. ha!
-I wish, I would have dumped my carts.
-I agree with you. After quite a bit of reading, I think, I have a better understanding of the scene.
-My bad. I think, I wrongly at'd you.
Thank you for help. I appreciate it quite a bit.

Thank you for the help with better understanding my Switch. It's been a while since I touched it. I appreciate you, man.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my goal is too get the new Mario Kart Live game but I’m not sure if my switch is able to go online. Can somebody please guide me through this? My emuNAND is on 12.1 and my sysNand is still on 9.0.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok my goal is too get the new Mario Kart Live game but I’m not sure if my switch is able to go online. Can somebody please guide me through this? My emuNAND is on 12.1 and my sysNand is still on 9.0.
You don't need to be online to play that Mario Kart Live, it uses Bluetooth, and works fine on CFW.

Reactions: impeeza and laz305

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone! This should be the right section to post: I recently installed sys-clk and the related ovlmenu , sys manager ,Tesla & co.. I wanted to know if overclocking is always enabled and running in "background" or there is a way to keep it disabled by turning it on/off selecting through menus? Thanks to everyone who will help this Noob :) hail from Rome!

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! This should be the right section to post: I recently installed sys-clk and the related ovlmenu , sys manager ,Tesla & co.. I wanted to know if overclocking is always enabled and running in "background" or there is a way to keep it disabled by turning it on/off selecting through menus? Thanks to everyone who will help this Noob :) hail from Rome!
In your home brew menu select "sys-clk" app, it will have profile for all your games to which you can set options for, or yes you can simply turn on/off sys-clk there also.

Reactions: GeraltOfRivia

GeraltOfRivia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In your home brew menu select "sys-clk" app, it will have profile for all your games to which you can set options for, or yes you can simply turn on/off sys-clk there also.
Oh, so is this so simple? Very good then; before making a mess with overclock I preferred asking here to the right people ;) thanx a lot!

Reactions: BigOnYa

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only possible if it's no banned one
Considering the prior owner was affluent enough to buy themselves an OLED switch, get the modchip for it and be able to go online with their unit, it at least suggests that they were careful enough not to do anything that would get my new-to-me unit banned. As an extra precaution, I did find the option in Goldleaf to unlink their NNID from the console; presuming that works as intended, that part shouldn't be a problem.

So that said, since I usually only replaced a 3DS system either because I was upgrading or the previous one was broken or damaged, I'm still not sure how to transfer the save data from my Mariko switch to the present, jailbroken one.

microchipman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn