Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am thinking/about to hack my switch and I have two main questions.

1: When I checked it using 'Is My Switch Patched' It said it was possibly patched. My question is that what happens if I try it and the switch is patched? Will it just not work or will it do something worse, like a brick or something?

2: If it does work and I hacked my switch, is there any way to 'turn it off' and make it feel like a normal, unhacked switch? I don't exactly feel comfortable with the hacks on all of the time.

Thank you!
Via the switch guide, it will either fail or take. You can even try it a few times to see if it's a definitely yes or a no. Do you feel like it's within the time stated in the guide that it could be unpatched?

You can return to a semi-stock experience. Do keep in mind there is always a risk, but if you read and understand how to reduce the chance of receiving a ban: the device will become an offline device most likely forever, then you have a good fighting chance.

Nikola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I updated my Switch to 13.1.0 and downloaded the latest version of atmosphere (1.2.4) and fuze.bin from github onto the sd card. I just copy/paste files into sd card (previous version was OFW 10.1.0 and CFW 0.13.0) but now when I inject the payload, the switch wont boot and I get the following error:

"A fatal error occurred when running atmosphere.

Program ID 0100000000000008

Error Desc: std: :abort() called (0xffe)"

Do Anyone have a similar problem and solution, any idea what to do?
Thanks in advance!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Okay I understand better what is sept folder ! Thank you again for your reply!

I deleted the atmosphere folder, and put the one from the official github back instead. Then I copied and pasted the sigpatches from the link you gave me before, in the corresponding places ( in atmosphere and in bootloder).

But it didn't work. It's always the same error message.

I really don't understand why it doesn't work.
Do you have any suggestions for my problem? I'm sorry to bother you but I really don't know what to do :blink:

Edited: wrong quote.

can you please provide us a screenshot of the error to continue diagnosing ? thanks.

Last edited by impeeza,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I updated my Switch to 13.1.0 and downloaded the latest version of atmosphere (1.2.4) and fuze.bin from github onto the sd card. I just copy/paste files into sd card (previous version was OFW 10.1.0 and CFW 0.13.0) but now when I inject the payload, the switch wont boot and I get the following error:

"A fatal error occurred when running atmosphere.

Program ID 0100000000000008

Error Desc: std: :abort() called (0xffe)"

Do Anyone have a similar problem and solution, any idea what to do?
Thanks in advance!
Read, always read.

Backup and delete your SD:/atmosphere/contents folder, REBOOT your system and if all is going well reinstall your Sysmodules, Mods and Cheats with the latest versions.

also update YOUR SIGPATCHES, read the forum about the process.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Do I need to have the game installed before using the SIGpatches? As I haven't been able to install the game, because my system isn't up to date yet. I wanted to try the SIGpatches, but my firmware isn't updated high enough for this SIGpatches. Could I/should I backup my files and drop the SIGpatches onto my SD card? How do I know if this latest SIGpatches will even work for me? These are user submitted. Isn't that a bit dangerous? There is also this resource, but that seems a bit old compared to the release of the remakes of Diamond and Pearl.

Recap:
-Does BDSP needs to be installed before installing SIGpatches?
-My update doesn't match the latest SIGpatches's version
-Back up first; Can I just drop the SIGpatches onto my SD and try it?
-Are these user submitted SIGpatches a bit dangerous? That's what it says in the OP of SIGpatch thread...
-Is this resource up to date even though it was 21 days ago? It won't help me?

Install Process of SIGpatch:
-Download zip file of SIGpatches
-Backup atmosphere & bootloader
-Merge the contents of the zip of SIGpatches to the root of SD card
-Restart Switch & pray
-Install DBSP with winfoil or tinwoo ~the cartridge wouldn't be needed anymore?

Question:
-I wouldn't be able to use this installed game with semi-stock to access Pokemon Home?

System version: 11.0.1|AMS 1.2.4|E
SIGpatches Only 13.1.0 Atmos 1.2.4 Hekate 5.6.5.zip

Do you mind if I ping you as well as you uploaded the SIGpatches that I am referring to?
You need the sigpatches in order to be able to install correctly any backup game. If you use the latest file of sigpaches, on the thread here on gbatemp or the ones on github, they have the patches for almost all firmwares, so will work on any of them.

I remember to reply someone with a zip file which contains ONLY the paches for firmware 13.1.0 and Atmoshphére 1.2.4 because that person was unable to read and follow instructions.

but if you use the ones on the OP of https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543 or the ones on github you will get the patches for all firmware and atmosphere version also they contain the files needed for Hekate.

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Nikola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Read, always read.

Backup and delete your SD:/atmosphere/contents folder, REBOOT your system and if all is going well reinstall your Sysmodules, Mods and Cheats with the latest versions.

also update YOUR SIGPATCHES, read the forum about the process.

Thanks for the quick answer, but I dont now how to do that.
Can you help me somehow, please?!
I know I'm taking your time but I would be very grateful. I haven't used Mods, Chats and I don't know what is Sysmodules, I'm not very good at hacking Switch and all those expressions .. If there's any good, but simple tutorial on that?..
I dont have a Hekate or similar, I just put payload using Tegra RCM on PC, boot Atmosphere with JIG and everything is running fine until now... Why I updated to new OFW and got this problem now.. 😥😫

Last edited by Nikola,

Eausecour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The important thing is having a good and reliable way to shortcut the pins on the joy-con rail I do prefer a inexpressive pre-made jig, if you are sure of that pins are well connected, then injecting the payload, any of them will show you on the injector if was successful and on the switch screen you should see the result of the injection.
B.E. TegraRCMGUI shows the icon red/green if the injection is OK or not.
View attachment 286937

if the injection is unsuccessful your only hope is a ModChip but they are extremely High priced :unsure:.

By example, if you inject Hekate.bin payload without a prepared SD card you will get a text on the switch screen if the pins on the joy-con rail are well shorted and the Vol+ is pressed.
View attachment 286938
Thats is normal but a indication of the injection going OK

if you unit is patched you will see nothing
I don't have any problem booting into hekate or atmosphere, the problem i have is about failing to install game ( nsp) using Goldleaf or Awoo installer.
Was this reply for me? Maybe i m misunderstanding.

92tt1292

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've seen some gta trilogy mods on here

How do I install them do I need telsa overlay because if I do I can never get it working can someone step by step for me? Then after I presume you put the mods files into the games ID name folder? Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't have any problem booting into hekate or atmosphere, the problem i have is about failing to install game ( nsp) using Goldleaf or Awoo installer.
Was this reply for me? Maybe i m misunderstanding.
sorry, i did select the wrong post to reply, some one before ask about entering RCM, letme correct that. thanks.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the sigpatches in order to be able to install correctly any backup game. If you use the latest file of sigpaches, on the thread here on gbatemp or the ones on github, they have the patches for almost all firmwares, so will work on any of them.

I remember to reply someone with a zip file which contains ONLY the paches for firmware 13.1.0 and Atmoshphére 1.2.4 because that person was unable to read and follow instructions.

but if you use the ones on the OP of https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543 or the ones on github you will get the patches for all firmware and atmosphere version also they contain the files needed for Hekate.
It looks like the SIGpatches are working for me or I am not installing Tinfoil correctly which points to the SIGpatches. Are there any downsides with updating my firmware to be able to play legit Diamond and Pearl remakes?

SIGpatches Only 13.1.0 Atmos 1.2.4 Hekate 5.6.5.zip [My system isn't high enough for 13.1.0 but I have 11.0.1]

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I am thinking/about to hack my switch and I have two main questions.

1: When I checked it using 'Is My Switch Patched' It said it was possibly patched. My question is that what happens if I try it and the switch is patched? Will it just not work or will it do something worse, like a brick or something?

2: If it does work and I hacked my switch, is there any way to 'turn it off' and make it feel like a normal, unhacked switch? I don't exactly feel comfortable with the hacks on all of the time.

Thank you!
The important thing is having a good and reliable way to shortcut the pins on the joy-con rail I do prefer a inexpressive pre-made jig, if you are sure of that pins are well connected, then injecting the payload, any of them will show you on the injector if was successful and on the switch screen you should see the result of the injection.
B.E. TegraRCMGUI shows the icon red/green if the injection is OK or not.
View attachment 286937

if the injection is unsuccessful your only hope is a ModChip but they are extremely High priced :unsure:.

By example, if you inject Hekate.bin payload without a prepared SD card you will get a text on the switch screen if the pins on the joy-con rail are well shorted and the Vol+ is pressed.
View attachment 286938
Thats is normal but a indication of the injection going OK

if you unit is patched you will see nothing

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody ,

I migrated from Sx Os to atmosphere two or three weeks ago. I met some problems here and there but I finally managed to transfer my emunand .

Today the problem is that I can't install NSP. When I try with Goldleaf I get this error message.

Error: 2356-0009 (0x1364)

Module: Goldleaf (356)

Description: PFS0 not valid (NSP)

I tried several things to fix this:

• Since I was trying to install a split nsp ( I formatted my sd in fat32), I tried with a whole nsp ( less than 4Go) .
  • I tried to use Awoo installer to install the same nsp.
  • I tried to replace the sigpatches I had (when I migrated I took the ones from Hekate, so I tried with the ones from fusee).
  • I tried to boot Atmosphere without going through a chainloading with Hekate.
  • I made fix archive bit with Hekate before each new attempt to be sure that there is no problem at this level (I use a macbook).
Nothing worked.

I'm a bit desperate. I spend hours and hours ( and days ) looking for informations and trying solutions but I have the impression that I will never manage to make this work. With sx os everything was so easy, I never faced such problems. Now I can't play any game.

Here is some info about my setup:

• I have a Switch Erista
  • I have a sd recently converted to Fat32
  • I use a macbook.
  • I can't do a usb installation (I can't get it to work on my macbook, nor on a vm: I found it too complicated)
  • I have, normally, the last sigpatches ( when I migrated I took the ones from Hekate . Then I tried the ones from fusee by replacing the corresponding folder on the sd).
  • Firmware : 10. something
  • When I migrated I used sd setup (with the recommended version)
Couple things. First if you are on only 10.xx Firmware, most newer games won't install, need newer firmware. Second you should really get the USB install going, not that hard. Install Java on your Mac, open Goldleaf on switch with USB cable connected to Mac, then run the Quark-j9.jar file from this LINK, then on Goldleaf goto explore pc and install that way. Better for the sd card port also, not swapping sd cards often.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It looks like the SIGpatches are working for me or I am not installing Tinfoil correctly which points to the SIGpatches. Are there any downsides with updating my firmware to be able to play legit Diamond and Pearl remakes?

SIGpatches Only 13.1.0 Atmos 1.2.4 Hekate 5.6.5.zip [My system isn't high enough for 13.1.0 but I have 11.0.1]
Far as I know there is no downsides about updating the firmware, only if you use SXOS which doesn't support newer firmwares. on Atmosphere, you can use almost any firmware you like without problems, do not forget update the sigpatches BEFORE update the firmware, that's all.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've seen some gta trilogy mods on here

How do I install them do I need telsa overlay because if I do I can never get it working can someone step by step for me? Then after I presume you put the mods files into the games ID name folder? Thanks
you could get a more straight answer on the thread dedicated to mods and even more the thread about that mods.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Couple things. First if you are on only 10.xx Firmware, most newer games won't install, need newer firmware. Second you should really get the USB install going, not that hard. Install Java on your mac, open Goldleaf on switch with USB cable connected to Mac, then run the Quark-j9.jar file from this LINK, then on Goldleaf goto explore pc and install that way. Better for sd port also, not swapping sd cards often.
or also can use DBI and the MTP connection is great! you see your switch like a phone connected to your computer, and on your computer, simply copy the NSP, XCI, etc. files to the correspondent folder (SD or SYSNAND) and DBI install them for you.

or use AtmoXL Title Installer, and USBLoader, it can be via USB or Network.

any way is easy, which one is matter of preferences.

Reactions: BigOnYa

PC_Arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A long time ago I stopped my switches fused from burining - I can't remember what OS version, my switch is banned and I really don't care / have no need to worrry about burning fuses. How can I bring my fuse count up to current?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A long time ago I stopped my switches fused from burining - I can't remember what OS version, my switch is banned and I really don't care / have no need to worrry about burning fuses. How can I bring my fuse count up to current?
You can update it still online with OFW running, even if banned, and it will bring to current FW and fuse count.

Eausecour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It will not be a bad idea if i look for usb install things again. Maybe it will solve some problem and preserve my sd card port ^_^
I will explore that tomorrow.

Thank you BigOnYa and Impeeza for your help and your patience.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to do it without downgrading my f/w first? I'm guessing no
I'm not sure, but imagine you can only run the OFW of whatever fuse count you do have burned.
Why worry about the fuse count anyways? You could just update to newest FW using Daybreak.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1