Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple text guide for updating to 13.0? I am aware of existing links like this one and this other one but I suspect that they are slightly outdated, or at least don't account for recent changes in atmosphere. The 13.0 update seems to have changed a few things like the fusee payload. In the past, I would boot into OFW and update that side, and then load up hekate and update the emuNAND side. How does the new changes in atmosphere change the update process? Or does it? Even a quick outline of the process would be helpful. I'm currently running 12.1.0|AMS M.19.5|E and boot with hekate if that makes any difference.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've not seen the new board this is highly unlikely. The fitting is probably different with new technologies etc. There's a chance but Nintendo may have also changed it intentionally (to stop hombrew) even if they could have left it the same.

My guess is there'll be a kit before Christmas that does what you want. But it probably won't be for a novice.
Still waitin for a good teardown of the new model but fingers crossed i hope its just a ribbon cabel like the old model ^^

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a simple text guide for updating to 13.0? I am aware of existing links like this one and this other one but I suspect that they are slightly outdated, or at least don't account for recent changes in atmosphere. The 13.0 update seems to have changed a few things like the fusee payload. In the past, I would boot into OFW and update that side, and then load up hekate and update the emuNAND side. How does the new changes in atmosphere change the update process? Or does it? Even a quick outline of the process would be helpful. I'm currently running 12.1.0|AMS M.19.5|E and boot with hekate if that makes any difference.
1. get the aio switch updater 2. update atmosphere through that app 3. update henkate trough that app 4. update sig patches through that app 5. download the firmware through that app or from archieve 6. shut down the switch and change the hekate.ini use fss0=atmosphere/package3 instead of fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin 7. start on sys install firmware through daybreak 8. do it again for the emu and youre done

xkoeckiiej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

Switch: FW 12.1.0
AMS: 1.1.1.
Sigpatches: created/installed

This morning i was running my switch just fine, except that tesla overlay no longer worked.
Hence i removed the atmosphere/contents folder as well as the /switch/.overlays folder.
Reinstalled everything and still nothing.
Used AIO updater to update to deapsea advanced 3.2.0. with disabling sysmodules.
Still didn't work.

So i got annoyed, deleted everything off of my SD card and copy pasted the deapsee advanced package from github and let that be the only thing on my SD.

Now when booting to EmuMMC via Hekate, i get the error message that EmuMMC is forced but not enabled.
When going into hekate, it says i have no EmuMMC.

about a month ago i upgraded from my 128gb SD to 512 and used the built-in hekate restore functionality to restore my EmuMMC back then. (used to have a partition based EmuMMC)

Does this mean i had a partition based EmuMMC and possibly made it a filebased EmuMMC which i now deleted, meaning all my savegames and everything is gone? Q_Q

edit;
yep, rip

Last edited by xkoeckiiej,

Magrid_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Switch: 13.0.0
AMS: 1.1.1
Sigpatched: installed

hi, can i install mods from nexusmod on zelda breath of the wild running from cartridge?
if yes, how to do it? can you link a tutorial?

Last edited by Magrid_,

jos010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello,

i went from 12+ firmwire to latest 13.0.0 with Daybreak. everything works fine but still getting the update nag after some minutes but im on latest firmwire....maybe just install 13.0.0 legit way to get rid of the update nag? cant find any treads others having this troubles not sure what to do now. what happens when i do the update while its alrdy on 13.0.0

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch: 13.0.0
AMS: 1.1.1
Sigpatched: installed

hi, can i install mods from nexusmod on zelda breath of the wild running from cartridge?
if yes, how to do it? can you link a tutorial?
As long as the mod is made for the game you plan on playing, then it doesn't matter what form the game is in whether its cartridge, digital, or pirated. As for how to install the game, you make a folder in /atmosphere/contents named after the title ID of the game you wish to mod then place the files in that folder. However, it looks like most of the mods on that site are designed to be used with CEMU, a Wii U emulator rather than the native Switch version.
hello,

i went from 12+ firmwire to latest 13.0.0 with Daybreak. everything works fine but still getting the update nag after some minutes but im on latest firmwire....maybe just install 13.0.0 legit way to get rid of the update nag? cant find any treads others having this troubles not sure what to do now. what happens when i do the update while its alrdy on 13.0.0
Before you try installing the system update, if the nag is due to the console downloading a pending system update, you can try deleting it first. The way to do so is by entering Maintenance Mode which is accomplished by holding volume - and + when turning the console on. If you have AutoRCM enabled, then you hold the buttons after you push a payload that boots CFW/OFW. Make sure to delete any Wi-Fi settings before doing this otherwise the console will download the system update again.

Reactions: Magrid_ and jos010

barelynotlegal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a old switch. Don’t really remember where it came from. I do know that it has a blue screen only, and a 64gb Emmc chip in it. Is there any way to bring it back from the dead? I’m pretty sure there is no back up as there is no Sd card either. Basically just the console, no joycons or anything. I do have a working switch on latest atoms. If that matters.

Specker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi
I have a problem with my sd card running emu nand with atmosphere.
it worked for many years without problems but since a while ago, everything is loading for ages. Even when I copy stuff over usb with goldtree it takes forever.
I want to format my sd card, but i don't know what is the best way to do it?

There are now 2 partitions on it.
after formating the partions and copying my backup on it, do I have to install a new emunand over hekate?
What tool and settings should I use?

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My unpatched switch is currently on OFW 11.0.0 and SXOS SD partitioned emunam 11.0.0 because of SXOS limit. I want to leave nand OFW at 11.0.0 and create a second SD Partitioned emunand on 13.0.0 for Atmosphere. I think in the past there was a thread about setting up a second partitioned emunand on same SD but for the sake of me cannot locate it. Is this possible? Any direction would be appreciated.

Last edited by Ratatattat,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still waitin for a good teardown of the new model but fingers crossed i hope its just a ribbon cabel like the old model ^^
It probably is but I don't think you'll just be able to swap it over. And it's probably a different kind of ribbon cable for the oled. Unfortunately there not standardized. I'm not even sure the board supports it.

Plus if Nintendo can change the cable they probably will as people will update their own rather than but new... And there'll be more hombrew oled models.

Who knows maybe you'll get lucky. I still think there'll be a kit on eBay. Worst case scenario it could be wired into the back of the USBC connector at it has all the pin outs and power needed.

Obomist1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry if this is a repetitive request or question. I updated my switch to 13.0 and haven't used atmosphere in about a year.
All I want to do is make back up save files to transfer to my pc. I'm so overwhelmed by the updated information and everything that I get lost trying to do research. Can I even still use checkpoint to manage save files. If anyone can provide links or guides that simplify everything for trying to back up saves from a switch updated to 13.0 I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm having trouble with my swtich's sd mirco cards. i have a 128GB and i don't want to transfer my data to my 256GB one i want to redownload all my games but when i put my 256GB in the system. it act's like the 128 GB data is still there. is there a way to format an sd card on the switch or no?

NM found my answer i think.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a old switch. Don’t really remember where it came from. I do know that it has a blue screen only, and a 64gb Emmc chip in it. Is there any way to bring it back from the dead? I’m pretty sure there is no back up as there is no Sd card either. Basically just the console, no joycons or anything. I do have a working switch on latest atoms. If that matters.
You can try using ChoiDujour to rebuild the eMMC.
hi
I have a problem with my sd card running emu nand with atmosphere.
it worked for many years without problems but since a while ago, everything is loading for ages. Even when I copy stuff over usb with goldtree it takes forever.
I want to format my sd card, but i don't know what is the best way to do it?

There are now 2 partitions on it.
after formating the partions and copying my backup on it, do I have to install a new emunand over hekate?
What tool and settings should I use?
You can format the SD card with GUIFormat. You also don't have to make a new emuMMC if you already have one
My unpatched switch is currently on OFW 11.0.0 and SXOS SD partitioned emunam 11.0.0 because of SXOS limit. I want to leave nand OFW at 11.0.0 and create a second SD Partitioned emunand on 13.0.0 for Atmosphere. I think in the past there was a thread about setting up a second partitioned emunand on same SD but for the sake of me cannot locate it. Is this possible? Any direction would be appreciated.
Yes, you can just use Hekate to create a second emuMMC.
Hello everyone,
I'm so sorry if this is a repetitive request or question. I updated my switch to 13.0 and haven't used atmosphere in about a year.
All I want to do is make back up save files to transfer to my pc. I'm so overwhelmed by the updated information and everything that I get lost trying to do research. Can I even still use checkpoint to manage save files. If anyone can provide links or guides that simplify everything for trying to back up saves from a switch updated to 13.0 I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!!
I don't know if Checkpoint works on the latest firmware but you can try using JKSV as an alternative.

Obomist1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try using ChoiDujour to rebuild the eMMC.

You can format the SD card with GUIFormat. You also don't have to make a new emuMMC if you already have one

Yes, you can just use Hekate to create a second emuMMC.

I don't know if Checkpoint works on the latest firmware but you can try using JKSV as an alternative.
Oh thank you. Essentially I am just trying to move some save files over to my pc, edit them, and then put them back on switch. Last time I did this was about a year and a half ago and all I needed to do was put atmosphere on my SD, and use tegrarcmgui to boot up atmosphere.

I essentially would have to do this process every time. I took my microsd card out of the switch to make edits.

MY question is can I simply do the same thing now with the updated atmosphere release?

Or do I have to add on all this other stuff ie signature patches (ie Fusee and hekate) which it looks like I have to do.

Also anyone know if I have to do all the steps with emummc every time I want to tranfer a save from my sd card to pc so I can make an edit and then put it back on my switch. In other words do I have to repeat this process () that starts at 9:31 each time?

Again all I want is to back up saves to my pc, edit them, and then put the edited saves back onto my switch. None of the games are played online.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh thank you. Essentially I am just trying to move some save files over to my pc, edit them, and then put them back on switch. Last time I did this was about a year and a half ago and all I needed to do was put atmosphere on my SD, and use tegrarcmgui to boot up atmosphere.

I essentially would have to do this process every time. I took my microsd card out of the switch to make edits.

MY question is can I simply do the same thing now with the updated atmosphere release?

Or do I have to add on all this other stuff ie signature patches (ie Fusee and hekate) which it looks like I have to do.

Also anyone know if I have to do all the steps with emummc every time I want to tranfer a save from my sd card to pc so I can make an edit and then put it back on my switch. In other words do I have to repeat this process () that starts at 9:31 each time?

Again all I want is to back up saves to my pc, edit them, and then put the edited saves back onto my switch. None of the games are played online.

The guy in the vid is explaining how to create an emuMMC. This is done only once, and it's not even really required, but recommended. As @Draxzelex suggested, you should try JKSV to backup your saves. Checkpoint hasn't been updated for nearly 2 years, and last time I tried it, it failed me on the newer firmwares. You probably should update your system (Hekate, Atmosphere, sigpatches, everything). Also remember that you don't need to pull out your SD card every time you want to transfer to or from your PC. Do that through HEKATE with USB connection. Constantly inserting and removing the SD card can be harmful to the SD card reader on the Switch, as it's pretty fragile. Not to mention that you need to turn off the console to be safe and then reboot the CFW.

Obomist1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy in the vid is explaining how to create an emuMMC. This is done only once, and it's not even really required, but recommended. As @Draxzelex suggested, you should try JKSV to backup your saves. Checkpoint hasn't been updated for nearly 2 years, and last time I tried it, it failed me on the newer firmwares. You probably should update your system (Hekate, Atmosphere, sigpatches, everything). Also remember that you don't need to pull out your SD card every time you want to transfer to or from your PC. Do that through HEKATE with USB connection. Constantly inserting and removing the SD card can be harmful to the SD card reader on the Switch, as it's pretty fragile. Not to mention that you need to turn off the console to be safe and then reboot the CFW.
Thank You!! This helped a lot. I apologize for all the questions as I am on this forum because I am a noob and not that good with technology so I really need to find all the "explain like I'm five" guides that I can lol.

Two more questions:

1.) In order to get access to JKSV, where would I put the files on my SD card.

2.) If I do turn off my switch after going through the emuMMC and CFW process, I know I need reboot atmosphere again, would I need to go through the emuMMC process again?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank You!! This helped a lot. I apologize for all the questions as I am on this forum because I am a noob and not that good with technology so I really need to find all the "explain like I'm five" guides that I can lol.

Two more questions:

1.) In order to get access to JKSV, where would I put the files on my SD card.

2.) If I do turn off my switch after going through the emuMMC and CFW process, I know I need reboot atmosphere again, would I need to go through the emuMMC process again?
JKSV is a homebrew (.nro file). After installing Atmosphere, that would go in the "switch" folder on your SD card.
https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/releases

If you install emuMMC, it will automatically boot everytime you reboot your console in CFW. No need to worry about specifically launching it.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,
Ok. Is your hombrew still working?? If you updated to 13.0 you'll need New atmosphere and new Sig patches. You might need New loader patches too. And it's probably wise to update Heckate although I don't think it's necessary.

Once hombrew is up and running you can use any save and backup manager.... But bear in mind some apps like to take over.

For example tinfoil took over as mine. I did manage to get checkpoint working again but it was a pain. It would have been easier to stick with tinfoil to be honest. Which was a bit annoying as I only put tinfoil on to install xci files and use the shops.

Obomist1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. Is your hombrew still working?? If you updated to 13.0 you'll need New atmosphere and new Sig patches. You might need New loader patches too. And it's probably wise to update Heckate although I don't think it's necessary.

Once hombrew is up and running you can use any save and backup manager.... But bear in mind some apps like to take over.

For example tinfoil took over as mine. I did manage to get checkpoint working again but it was a pain. It would have been easier to stick with tinfoil to be honest. Which was a bit annoying as I only put tinfoil on to install xci files and use the shops
My hombrew is not working. Apparently I am supposed to use heckate to switch files over from my switch to PC. According to this guide I need to use an app called payload launcher?

Does payload launcher work with the new atmosphere?

Also is anyone having many issues with the new atmosphere? Or is it better to wait for a better version to be released?

Also, I may want to do a normal switch update in the future, will that be compatible with emuMMC installed?

Last edited by Obomist1011,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple