Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way I can transfer / upload and download saves over two CFW systems? One is SX Core (SX OS on a Lite) the other is Atmosphere (erista).

My goal is to play docked on the main unit and the Lite handheld. Seemless “Cross Save”progress is a dream.

Last edited by LuigiXL,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is ofw 6.0.1 too low for Atmosphere 1.1.1?
I made a fresh install, but got black screen on emuMMC and it works on sysNAND.
Any help would be appreciated.
Is your emuMMC firmware 6.1?

tl; dr:
- old, vulnerable, non-patched, fully stock Switch
- stopped working around July
- pressing Power -> Nintendo Logo -> Screen black, Backlight off
- probably on 12.0.3, last thing I did was play online on June 13 with up to date firmware

- followed https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/
- Hekate and other payloads work perfectly fine
- launching HOS doesn't work
- RCM -> Hekate -> Launch -> Atmosphere FSS0 EmuMMC -> Atmosphere Logo -> Black screen ->

Hi all, so the last time I played on my Switch was June 13. After that I didn't use it until about end of July or August, or so. That's when I noticed, it won't start anymore.
My warranty is long gone, so I thought maybe installing cfw would give me a better insight to what's going on there. And it did. I got an error report. Unfortunately, the only solutions I found recommended reinstalling Atmosphere, I thought that there was no point in doing that, since I just installed a fresh new version, but tried that anyway. Needless to say: It didn't work.
Does someone know what to do in a case like this?
Have you tried using the Archive Bit fix via Hekate?
Is there a way I can transfer / upload and download saves over two CFW systems? One is SX Core (SX OS on a Lite) the other is Atmosphere (erista).

My goal is to play docked on the main unit and the Lite handheld. Seemless “Cross Save”progress is a dream.
Not to my knowledge, no.

Obomist1011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I parittioned my sd card and made an emummc apparently. Now my SD card is divided in tow parts when I plug it into my computer.

I use fussee to load atmosphere and go into CFW where I can use JKSV. (Id like to switch saves from one profile to another).

Specifically I would like to switch a ffx save from one profile to another. When I try to go to the profile of the save I would like to switch it to, I dont even see the option to choose ffx in JKSV.

Is it because I may have game saves on NAND.

Since JKSV uses CFW to back up saves, is it possible to dump these to NAND?

radxink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Re-do question.
So I've had my switch hacked for quite a while now. However, it looks like my 400gb MSD card is failing. File copies to it are failing, game corruption messages, etc. I ordered a new 512gb card that will hopefully fix everything up.

My plan is:
Boot up JKSV, backup all the save games I care about and save them to my pc.
Power down. Insert new MicroSD card and boot into Hekate and using https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/emummc this, rebuild the emummc.
Then running incognito
install atmosphere, etc.. to the sd card
reboot to emummc and reinstall apps/games
restore save games.

I already have a clean nand backup on my pc and in the cloud. Just wanted to check with you pros that this is a viable method.

Thanks!

radxink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I parittioned my sd card and made an emummc apparently. Now my SD card is divided in tow parts when I plug it into my computer.

I use fussee to load atmosphere and go into CFW where I can use JKSV. (Id like to switch saves from one profile to another).

Specifically I would like to switch a ffx save from one profile to another. When I try to go to the profile of the save I would like to switch it to, I dont even see the option to choose ffx in JKSV.

Is it because I may have game saves on NAND.

Since JKSV uses CFW to back up saves, is it possible to dump these to NAND?
Yes. For safety, boot clean into your OFW. turn off the internet and turn off error reporting in the settings so it doesn't connect. Boot back up into hekate and boot into the sysnand with cfw. make sure it's not connected to the internet (again). Run JKSV, and backup your saves. reboot back into the CFW and dumb them back in with JKSV. I have gone both directions with animal crossing to edit my saves then go online with OFW and give my friends and family in game money online. I've done this for a long time and have not had any issues.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Have you tried using the Archive Bit fix via Hekate?
I didn't, since I thought this issue only affects Mac users and since I can't boot OFW even without an SD card inserted.
Just let Hekate do its magic and it reported that there were 0 bits that needed fixing.
Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Having a bit of trouble with my first CFW update. (Like others)

Getting a "Panic Error" after copying all of the latest Atmosphere, Hekate, and Sigpatches files to my SD. Some suggest deleting the file thats listed but it doesn't seem to exist/I don't know where to look for it. 0100000000000008 is wrong or mismatched.

Tried Archive Bit and nothing was flagged.
Tried searching for the file but can't seem to find it.

I had the original setup of the files still so I can still run the CFW and its not a super huge deal since I'm not planning on playing anything new before the end of the year, just curious what my plans of action should be. Is there an ini file that needs to be re-configed for my specific setup? Would making a fresh SD card copy do the trick with no personalized configs (assume so).

Going to be moving to a bigger SD card soon-ish either way and likely doing a fresh set of files so like I said, not dying to get this solved asap, just curious for future reference at the moment.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't, since I thought this issue only affects Mac users and since I can't boot OFW even without an SD card inserted.
Just let Hekate do its magic and it reported that there were 0 bits that needed fixing.
Thank you for your suggestion, though.
Then maybe you can try rebuilding the eMMC with EmmcHacGen
Having a bit of trouble with my first CFW update. (Like others)

Getting a "Panic Error" after copying all of the latest Atmosphere, Hekate, and Sigpatches files to my SD. Some suggest deleting the file thats listed but it doesn't seem to exist/I don't know where to look for it. 0100000000000008 is wrong or mismatched.

Tried Archive Bit and nothing was flagged.
Tried searching for the file but can't seem to find it.

I had the original setup of the files still so I can still run the CFW and its not a super huge deal since I'm not planning on playing anything new before the end of the year, just curious what my plans of action should be. Is there an ini file that needs to be re-configed for my specific setup? Would making a fresh SD card copy do the trick with no personalized configs (assume so).

Going to be moving to a bigger SD card soon-ish either way and likely doing a fresh set of files so like I said, not dying to get this solved asap, just curious for future reference at the moment.
According to this issue on the Atmosphere GitHub, that error happens whenever there is a mismatch between Atmosphere versions meaning you didn't update properly. Delete the atmosphere and any other atmosphere-related files/folders then download the latest Atmosphere again and try booting it again.

DoubleX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just mistakenly updated my Switch to 13.0.0.

I placed the latest Atmosphere and used Hekate+Fusee+sigpatches+bootloaders into the folder. I booted up using Hekate and now it is yellow screen. I cannot get out of it by holding powe. Please help.

lekoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone and first, I am very grateful for the existence of this post. My english is a little bit rusted. Sorry for that D:

So this is my question: I am running the HW & Cached Fuses Info of Hekate and I read this part: Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 15 - 0 (HOS: 12.0.2+). I dont kwno what does it mean. I have an emunand in 11.00.0|AMS 1.1.1.|E (in settings info) and my sysnand is in the last one. Is that a problem of possible banning or issue? I have exosphere.ini configurated to hide prodinfo in emummc and sysnand but I am using sysnand with no-cfw loaded to run ac with wifi.

Thanks

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated using AIO from 12.1.0 to 13, restarted and didn't load.

Updated my files for Atmosphere and Hekate on the SD card but I'm getting Fusee Secondry Bin failed to stat stage 2 when I've run the terminal command on my Mac

What do I need to do? This is the way I've been injecting for around 18 months and from what I can see it's changed slightly?

Any ideas, especially Mac users!

prodigalson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to firmware 13 and I'm able to boot, but it crashes every time I try to load the homebrew menu. Any idea what would cause this? Here are some details:
  • Hekate v5.6.2 (almost latest)
  • Atmosphere v1.1.1 (latest)
  • Card formatted fat32
What I was doing previously was loading games with Awoo Installer on the switch and the usbloader java app on Mac, so that's what I'm looking to do once I can access the homebrew menu.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 7.31.33 PM.png

edit: the crash error I get specifically is 2144-0001 (0x290)

edit 2: I figured this out, it was archive bits on the SD card due to having been previously used by a Mac

Last edited by prodigalson,

mendezagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hacking my switch with hekate for the first time here (using fusee primary before) and i have a question: i downloaded the Sd structure from https://www.sdsetup.com/ but i notice there´s no .bin file in the root of the sd card (there´s atmosfere, bootloader etc but no hekate.bin or something similar).
Is this correct? I remember there was a fusee primary.bin on the root of the sd card the last time i did the hack.

Also: is there anything else i need to know? i already downloaded the new patches from https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases (fusee.zip) to copy/replace on the sd structure folders.

Excuse my english, thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone and first, I am very grateful for the existence of this post. My english is a little bit rusted. Sorry for that D:

So this is my question: I am running the HW & Cached Fuses Info of Hekate and I read this part: Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 15 - 0 (HOS: 12.0.2+). I dont kwno what does it mean. I have an emunand in 11.00.0|AMS 1.1.1.|E (in settings info) and my sysnand is in the last one. Is that a problem of possible banning or issue? I have exosphere.ini configurated to hide prodinfo in emummc and sysnand but I am using sysnand with no-cfw loaded to run ac with wifi.

Thanks
Thoses fuses serve as an anti-downgrade measure. The console will not boot a firmware that does not match the current fuse count. Additional fuses are burnt when you update the firmware normally. A fuse count of 15 (the number after the parenthesis and colon) means your console cannot boot any firmware lower than HOS 12.0.2+ meaning you cannot downgrade to a firmware below 12.0.2+

As for exosphere, you don't need it to be configured in emuMMC or sysMMC, especially sysMMC if you don't plan on using CFW there. Just removing Wi-Fi settings accomplishes the same effect with a lot less hassle.
I just mistakenly updated my Switch to 13.0.0.

I placed the latest Atmosphere and used Hekate+Fusee+sigpatches+bootloaders into the folder. I booted up using Hekate and now it is yellow screen. I cannot get out of it by holding powe. Please help.
How long did you try holding the power button for?
Updated using AIO from 12.1.0 to 13, restarted and didn't load.

Updated my files for Atmosphere and Hekate on the SD card but I'm getting Fusee Secondry Bin failed to stat stage 2 when I've run the terminal command on my Mac

What do I need to do? This is the way I've been injecting for around 18 months and from what I can see it's changed slightly?

Any ideas, especially Mac users!
As of Atmosphere version 1.0, some files of Atmosphere were changed. Primarily fusee_primary was renamed to fusee and fusee_secondary was changed to package3. Adjust your terminal command to reflect the updated naming scheme.
So Nickelodeon Brawel not working on SX OS? Asks for a system update (currently on 11)

Patching game doesn't work either
It requires a firmware above 11.0. More and more games will be requiring higher firmware versions so if you haven't switched to Atmosphere, now is the time to do it.
Hacking my switch with hekate for the first time here (using fusee primary before) and i have a question: i downloaded the Sd structure from https://www.sdsetup.com/ but i notice there´s no .bin file in the root of the sd card (there´s atmosfere, bootloader etc but no hekate.bin or something similar).
Is this correct? I remember there was a fusee primary.bin on the root of the sd card the last time i did the hack.

Also: is there anything else i need to know? i already downloaded the new patches from https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases (fusee.zip) to copy/replace on the sd structure folders.

Excuse my english, thanks in advance.
You don't need a .bin file on the root of the SD card. I'm not sure why you had fusee_primary.bin on the root of your SD card before. I'd also recommend getting patches from the thread on GBATemp as people have had issues using the patches using your link.

Reactions: lekoner

Valkri599

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

According to this issue on the Atmosphere GitHub, that error happens whenever there is a mismatch between Atmosphere versions meaning you didn't update properly. Delete the atmosphere and any other atmosphere-related files/folders then download the latest Atmosphere again and try booting it again.

Got it to work last night. Maybe I skipped copying a file or something/an ini pointer wasn't changed. Not sure. Probably just paying more attention doing it at 6pm instead of 12am lol.

Anyway thanks! Updated to the current versions of stuff successfully.

Reactions: Draxzelex

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, that worked. Thanks a lot.

Another question: Since I need a title I can launch to open hbmenu via takeover, I'd need to log into my Nintendo account so I can access the eShop to download and execute something.
How would I do that? Isn't logging in and accessing the eShop a bad thing to do on emummc with cfw? And just downloading, let's say YouTube on sysmmc won't magically make it appear on emummc or will it? And even if it did, wouldn't I still need to log in to execute it?

rickpower

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I wanted to update my switch firmware to the latest 13.0 and I copied the latest atmosphere files on sd card as well the firmware 13.0 files but now when I run that choiNX Software it crashs and gives me error. I was on the previous latest atmosphere, any help what I'm doing wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed