Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to be a sxos user & migrated to atmosphere a while back & I still use my sxos dongle to boot into atmosphere. Ive never had any issue with firmware updates & atmopshere updates until now. I decided to update to the latest 1.1.1 & now i'm receiving a fatal error. My emunand firmware is still on 12.1.0. Does anyone have any suggestions to what the problem could be?

edit: Ok I made the jump back to the previous atmosphere/hekate 0.19.5 i was on and its booting again so I'm not sure where it's going wrong with the latest update???

Last edited by KungFuzion,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does creating a partition for Emunand on Hekate wipe my sd? Got a 256gb sd, and to backup everything would take ages (already backed up nand tho, not talking that) Don't wanna erase my sysnand stuff. Searching online I'm getting mixed signals, some saying yes some saying no.
No it doesn't wipe the SD card. I made emuMMC with some stuff already on my SD card and they were still after the emuMMC was done
hey,
I cannot find conclusive information about it, quick question:

can a new Nintendo Switch V2 (Mariko) be hacked and used with Atmosphere CFW (and other homebrew)? Is a modchip (hardware) required or just RCM like the old ones?

thanks
You can use Atmosphere on Mariko units but you have to hack them with a modchip.
What is fusee-mtc.bin? Is it safe to delete it from SD card?
It helps to boot Atmosphere faster
I used to be a sxos user & migrated to atmosphere a while back & I still use my sxos dongle to boot into atmosphere. Ive never had any issue with firmware updates & atmopshere updates until now. I decided to update to the latest 1.1.1 & now i'm receiving a fatal error. My emunand firmware is still on 12.1.0. Does anyone have any suggestions to what the problem could be?

edit: Ok I made the jump back to the previous atmosphere/hekate 0.19.5 i was on and its booting again so I'm not sure where it's going wrong with the latest update???
After the official release of Atmosphere version 1.0, some parts were changed; fusee_primary.bin was simply renamed to fusee.bin and fusee_secondary.bin was changed to package3.bin. If you wish to update Atmosphere, you have to change the names of these files accordingly.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Idk if this is the right thread but would it be possible to build a hacked oled switch from an old hacked switch and the panel and case from the oled model?

feddon87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, for some reason out of the blue i cant seem to boot into hetake to then launch atmosphere.
Im using an old sxos dongle and clip to boot. its always worked until today.
I get the Hetake - IPL screen flash for a split second but then my switch is powering back off. Any help would be great, cheers.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Id imagine you really only need to create another sysNAND backup when fuses are burned, seeing as you cant install a past backup once additional fuses are burned (without the use of cfw)
I try not to use cfw on the sysnand. I know that in itself shouldn't cause a ban.

On the emunand I have used day break to get new fw and updated atmosphere. I'm not sure if it's safe to do it on the sysnand?? Would it even run? I know if you go to a lower cfw it won't run without cfw but does it work just as normal on a higher fw (in other words just like the Nintendo update but without the burnt fusee?).

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have a unpatched switch. Can I update it to the lastest firmware before hacking?
In theory. But if Nintendo update it might be a few weeks before there's a new cfw version that matches the os version.

Personally I'd hack (airplane mode first). Make sure it's on the latest version of atmosphere (or other cfw if your not using atmosphere).

Make sure you use emunand (which is basically a memory dump on your SD card if your switch including fw etc). Then update the fw using homebrew apps.

Once that's working I'd update the sysnand (stock) then. And do a nand backup of both. I always update my system using stock and official Nintendo. But I'm not sure if that's the best way (it burns Fuses Google it) I like to keep a clean sysnand.

You'll have to update emunand via hombrew.

Finally enable incognito or block Nintendo updates in the cfw options. You'll be able to dual boot either into emunand or stock once done so it'll be like having 2 switches in one.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok but that would end in an error u would be stuck on hekate bcus u renamed the hekate to fusee.bin and if u want to start atmosphere u would just load the hekate again but i managed to get back to hekate from atmo with the "aio switch updater" under tools u can inject a payload again and another way to get back to hekate from atmo would be the "deepsea toolbox"
I can't see the original post. But I think he's trying to say whatever bin file you use, it needs to be renamed payload.bin if your using an payload/rcm launcher.

Some let you put them in folders which cycle alphabetically or numerically. So if you want atmosphere rename that. If you want Heckate rename that.

You can launch cfw from Heckate you won't be stuck. Once in homebrew you can download a payload launcher and boot into whatever you want (I've even seen on YouTube one guy boot into Windows 10).

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, for some reason out of the blue i cant seem to boot into hetake to then launch atmosphere.
Im using an old sxos dongle and clip to boot. its always worked until today.
I get the Hetake - IPL screen flash for a split second but then my switch is powering back off. Any help would be great,
What version atmosphere are you running?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't see the original post. But I think he's trying to say whatever bin file you use, it needs to be renamed payload.bin if your using an payload/rcm launcher.

Some let you put them in folders which cycle alphabetically or numerically. So if you want atmosphere rename that. If you want Heckate rename that.

You can launch cfw from Heckate you won't be stuck. Once in homebrew you can download a payload launcher and boot into whatever you want (I've even seen on YouTube one guy boot into Windows 10).
yes i missunderstood him first but i got it working now through some other ways

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
No it doesn't wipe the SD card. I made emuMMC with some stuff already on my SD card and they were still after the emuMMC was done

You can use Atmosphere on Mariko units but you have to hack them with a modchip.

It helps to boot Atmosphere faster

After the official release of Atmosphere version 1.0, some parts were changed; fusee_primary.bin was simply renamed to fusee.bin and fusee_secondary.bin was changed to package3.bin. If you wish to update Atmosphere, you have to change the names of these files accordingly.
Thanks I got it working but I had to change my hekate_ipl.ini to look for fusee.bin instead of the old fusee_primary. All good now

Reactions: Draxzelex

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys
It´s been a while since I used my Emunand/Atmosphere. I know I had hektate(?) and an emunand installed. What do I have to update to run it again properly? Is it enoug to just replace all the old files with newer files?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Short question:

Stay on 12.0.0 for now or go to 13.0.0?

Just wondering how stable sigpatches and the like are right now.
Worried Metroid Dread might not work on 12.0.0.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys
It´s been a while since I used my Emunand/Atmosphere. I know I had hektate(?) and an emunand installed. What do I have to update to run it again properly? Is it enoug to just replace all the old files with newer files?
You can use this guide for upgrading sysNAND and emuNAND
Short question:

Stay on 12.0.0 for now or go to 13.0.0?

Just wondering how stable sigpatches and the like are right now.
Worried Metroid Dread might not work on 12.0.0.
If you are using Atmosphere, it's better to upgrade to 13.0.0. Sigpatches is working fine, I have some minor problems with Tinfoil, but now, I use Awoo instead.
I assume restoring a save on a different unit will not also mean restoring hours played on the Switch the save was extracted from, right?
Right.

Reactions: iepuras

huyanhhoabinh

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have a question,
I have a switch old version, hack by software.
I have two memory card, one for hack and one for normal. I booted to hack mode with tool Switch RCMLoader.If i updated my normal version switch to version 13, can i booted to hack mode again.

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question,
I have a switch old version, hack by software.
I have two memory card, one for hack and one for normal. I booted to hack mode with tool Switch RCMLoader.If i updated my normal version switch to version 13, can i booted to hack mode again.
You should upgrade emuNAND (memory card for hack fw) and sysNAND (memory card for normal fw) by using this guide to the newest version (13.0,0)

Reactions: huyanhhoabinh

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume restoring a save on a different unit will not also mean restoring hours played on the Switch the save was extracted from, right?

No. You don't even need to make a save to log hours. I think maybe transferring the user would.

I guess you'd need to do that on the sysnand in stock (assuming not blocked) then rehack then go incognito. There's probably an app to edit it but I don't know of one.

If it's not too long leave your switch on with the game running.

Reactions: iepuras

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Idk if this is the right thread but would it be possible to build a hacked oled switch from an old hacked switch and the panel and case from the oled model?
I've not seen the new board this is highly unlikely. The fitting is probably different with new technologies etc. There's a chance but Nintendo may have also changed it intentionally (to stop hombrew) even if they could have left it the same.

My guess is there'll be a kit before Christmas that does what you want. But it probably won't be for a novice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head