Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

redsox786

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! So according to the Rentry guide, should I be following the "Set up Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Erista (SX Core)" section?

Choquette

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, since I updated the firmware to 13.0 and atmosphere to 1.1.1 . I get cannot load game cartridge. I use fusee.bin to load CFW. I don't use emunand. Is there an option I don't know of in Atmosphere?

bloodpancake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this an error loading emuMMC or sysMMC?

It happens when loading emuMMC. I understand that it is supposed to happen because the game cartridge slot had an update somewhere between 11.0.1 and 13.0, and atmosphere automatically blocks the game cartridge from being updated in order to not burn any fuses. I am just wondering if there is a way to fix it without updating my sysMMC past 11.0.1. All the threads I have found on the subject are extremely old so I figured I would ask an expert here before doing anything I can't undo.

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
is there an alternative to Edizon? it hasnt been update since 2019, and i noticed, if the cheat file has too many line, it doesnt work which is really annoying.

thx

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! So according to the Rentry guide, should I be following the "Set up Atmosphere with EmuNAND on Erista (SX Core)" section?
I'm not familiar with that guide so I can't really recommend it. You also do not use the SX Core so I don't think you should be following that part of the guide.
Hi, since I updated the firmware to 13.0 and atmosphere to 1.1.1 . I get cannot load game cartridge. I use fusee.bin to load CFW. I don't use emunand. Is there an option I don't know of in Atmosphere?
There should be a line in the BCT.ini file referring to nogc. You can disable it but but be warned that it will irreversibly update your cartridge slot preventing you from using it on lower firmware versions which may be useful if a better exploit requires an unupdated cartridge slot.
It happens when loading emuMMC. I understand that it is supposed to happen because the game cartridge slot had an update somewhere between 11.0.1 and 13.0, and atmosphere automatically blocks the game cartridge from being updated in order to not burn any fuses. I am just wondering if there is a way to fix it without updating my sysMMC past 11.0.1. All the threads I have found on the subject are extremely old so I figured I would ask an expert here before doing anything I can't undo.
Atmosphere is temporarily breaking the cartridge slot preventing it from being used. To disable this, you will have to disable nogc (no game cartridge) which will depend if you use fusee or Hekate to launch Atmosphere. If you use fusee, you can find the setting in the BCT.ini file. If you use Hekate, you can disable it from the Hekate menu.
is there an alternative to Edizon? it hasnt been update since 2019, and i noticed, if the cheat file has too many line, it doesnt work which is really annoying.

thx
I believe Atmosphere natively supports cheats

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got two questions : Is there a list of all homebrew ports like diablonx or gta:vc ? and how to get back to hekate from atmosphere on the newest version? "reboot to payload" just reboots to atmosphere and before the new atmosphere update i could reboot to hekate with 90dns now it reboots to atmosphere too

Last edited by rantex92,

campbell0505

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does creating a partition for Emunand on Hekate wipe my sd? Got a 256gb sd, and to backup everything would take ages (already backed up nand tho, not talking that) Don't wanna erase my sysnand stuff. Searching online I'm getting mixed signals, some saying yes some saying no.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got two questions : Is there a list of all homebrew ports like diablonx or gta:vc ? and how to get back to hekate from atmosphere on the newest version? "reboot to payload" just reboots to atmosphere and before the new atmosphere update i could reboot to hekate with 90dns now it reboots to atmosphere too
I can answer one question. The file atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin is actually fusee.bin renamed. So, of course, it will just reboot atmosphere. What you want to do is replace that file with the hekate payload you want to use, and rename it as reboot_payload.bin. You will then be able to go back to hekate.

Reactions: rantex92

Bravestarr

Trophies
Website
marc.tv
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I installed Atmosphere 1.1.1 and FW 13. I ignored the nosigpatchchk notice, booted into the CFW and started a game. Result is "corrupted data". I went back to install sigpatches. Now all other games work but not the one I tried to start. Is there a way to start this game again without installing it?

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed Atmosphere 1.1.1 and FW 13. I ignored the nosigpatchchk notice, booted into the CFW and started a game. Result is "corrupted data". I went back to install sigpatches. Now all other games work but not the one I tried to start. Is there a way to start this game again without installing it?
Yeah let it check and try to fix the corruption (restore). If that doesn't work then it's reinstall.

Reactions: Bravestarr

erk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this is a general hardware inquiry, looking for some intel on using the outward facing switch USB ports. I use a flash drive with an led indicator on it which constantly pulses on and off in sleep (docked), will this affect performance/use-life of the flash drive? I used to use external HDDs but they kept spinning when the console was in sleep so I moved to cheaper flash drives. Many thanks!

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
how do you go back to easy mode from expert mode on Edizon? also why does it keep saying it cant access atmoshpere cheat list?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can answer one question. The file atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin is actually fusee.bin renamed. So, of course, it will just reboot atmosphere. What you want to do is replace that file with the hekate payload you want to use, and rename it as reboot_payload.bin. You will then be able to go back to hekate.
ok but that would end in an error u would be stuck on hekate bcus u renamed the hekate to fusee.bin and if u want to start atmosphere u would just load the hekate again but i managed to get back to hekate from atmo with the "aio switch updater" under tools u can inject a payload again and another way to get back to hekate from atmo would be the "deepsea toolbox"

ede007

Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
hey,
I cannot find conclusive information about it, quick question:

can a new Nintendo Switch V2 (Mariko) be hacked and used with Atmosphere CFW (and other homebrew)? Is a modchip (hardware) required or just RCM like the old ones?

thanks

clasnas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. Perhaps some homebrew do have code to check it, but normally it's always within EmuNAND (or SysNAND depending on which you're using). There's also an option in Atmosphère's Exosphere to enable/disable calls to SysNAND. Then it'd impossible for homebrew to use SysNAND (or they'd have to add many code, but you won't do that for a normal homebrew program without having malicious intentions)
Thanks for the clarification.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok but that would end in an error u would be stuck on hekate bcus u renamed the hekate to fusee.bin and if u want to start atmosphere u would just load the hekate again but i managed to get back to hekate from atmo with the "aio switch updater" under tools u can inject a payload again and another way to get back to hekate from atmo would be the "deepsea toolbox"
If you did exactly as I described, it would work just fine. It works for me, it should for you. You don't rename hekate to fusee.bin, you rename hekate to reboot_payload.bin. Big difference! But if your other method works, more power to you.

Reactions: rantex92

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'd like to get into Switch homebrew. Any luck on a softmod solution? I have a Mariko Switch running on OFW 13.0.0.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'd like to get into Switch homebrew. Any luck on a softmod solution? I have a Mariko Switch running on OFW 13.0.0.
Harder solution: wait for a number of months (more like years) for an exploit to be discovered, or get a modchip (expensive and rare now)
Easier solution: sell your mariko, and buy an old unpatched Switch from someone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1