Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
choidujournx is outdated. As Hayato213 said above use Daybreak instead. You should find daybreak is already installed as part of Atmosphere and is available in the homebrew menu. It's very easy to use and you just need the same update files you would have used with choidujournx, again as Hayato213 mentioned.

You'll probably want to update your sigpatches after the firmware update too.

I did the same process recently and upgraded from 10.0.? (can't remember exactly) to 12.0.3 using daybreak for the first time. It was simple.

How do I update the sigpatches? I see there is an app available aio switch updater. It can update it, but my switch has the internet blocked so that one wont work for me. I will need to do it manually.

maximkap1

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Hi guys, I got patched switch v2 with sx core and os, and old version of atmosphere (I almost sure), sx os 3.0.5 ,FW 10.0.2
I want to update the system and as I read, migrate to atmosphere completely. the problem I noticed crashes in the sx os when Im trying to restore saves (for exmp), the question is what do I need to do this migration/update ? Im not sure what I need because Im not the one who jailbreaked my switch. and Im not familiar with the CFW system on switch (I jailbreaked only 3dss)
this is what Im seeing in the sx os menu
will be very thankful for any hint

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do I update the sigpatches? I see there is an app available aio switch updater. It can update it, but my switch has the internet blocked so that one wont work for me. I will need to do it manually.

Try this

I am not an expert though. I can't honestly remember exactly how I did it but I know I couldn't run things I could before updating Atmosphere and OFW until I updated the sigpatches.

My switch has never been online.

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just accidentally hit update instead of start software when trying to launch a game, update worked extremely fast and I was on 11.0.0 before.

Now my switch is just displaying Error, fatal error - (NXBOOT) unable to identify package1.

Press power to reboot.

What's the best way of getting around this? I really don't want to lose the 15 games I've got installed.

Urgh, all because Skyward Sword wouldn't boot!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just accidentally hit update instead of start software when trying to launch a game, update worked extremely fast and I was on 11.0.0 before.

Now my switch is just displaying Error, fatal error - (NXBOOT) unable to identify package1.

Press power to reboot.

What's the best way of getting around this? I really don't want to lose the 15 games I've got installed.

Urgh, all because Skyward Sword wouldn't boot!

Update your CFW files and signature patches.

Reactions: Lacius

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update your CFW files and signature patches.

I've tried a few times and I get all the way to the Switch logo then bam error code 2168-001

I don't really want to format my SD card unless I have to but the Nintend0 folder is 90gb alone.

What am I doing wrong / what should I be downloading, it's been a while since I did this :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried a few times and I get all the way to the Switch logo then bam error code 2168-001

I don't really want to format my SD card unless I have to but the Nintend0 folder is 90gb alone.

What am I doing wrong / what should I be downloading, it's been a while since I did this :(

I didn't say format, I just suggested replacing all of Atmosphere files, you are one digit short of the error code by the way, you can always copy the 90GB off to a HDD, then format if needed, what the SD card format? running any theme?

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't say format, I just suggested replacing all of Atmosphere files, you are one digit short of the error code by the way, you can always copy the 90GB off to a HDD, then format if needed, what the SD card format? running any theme?

It's error code - 2168 0001 (0x2a8)
Firmware 12.1.0

I've tried deleting everything off the SD card except for the Nin folder, so I guess with me doing that I need to remember what I need to put back on, would the latest Atmosphere download be enough? I've got a Mac so previously used the primary fusee terminal command to smash it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 12.1.0

I've tried deleting everything off the SD card except for the Nin folder, so I guess with me doing that I need to remember what I need to put back on, would the latest Atmosphere download be enough? I've got a Mac so previously used the primary fusee terminal command to smash it.

Since you are using a Mac, your problem might be the archive bit, you need to use hekate to fix the archive bit or use a mac software, like Blue harvest and USB cleaner, that auto clean dot files.

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firmware 12.1.0

1. Delete everything off the SD card except the Nintendo folder.
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  4. Put Atmosphere onto the SD card.
  5. Boot the Switch using the fusee-primary you downloaded.
What happens? I didn't see anywhere that you updated fusee-primary. If your Switch boots properly, add the proper fusee patches to your SD setup.
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Since you are using a Mac, your problem might be the archive bit, you need to use hekate to fix the archive bit or use a mac software, like Blue harvest and USB cleaner, that auto clean dot files.

It was always ok before, I think I downloaded Hekate & Atmosphere, did the terminal command and then it just worked.

Just stupidly pressed update when I've been in flight mode for months too.

Which downloads should I get, I think previously I used the SD setup card but doing that method just gives me the error now.

Appreciate your help! :)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was always ok before, I think I downloaded Hekate & Atmosphere, did the terminal command and then it just worked.

Just stupidly pressed update when I've been in flight mode for months too.

Which downloads should I get, I think previously I used the SD setup card but doing that method just gives me the error now.

Appreciate your help! :)

Try the hekate archive bit thing. If you got a windows computer, update the CFW files on a windows computer instead. You could use a mac but you have to remove the dot files that mac leave behind you plug in the SD into a mac.

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
  1. Delete everything off the SD card except the Nintendo folder.
  2. Download the latest Atmosphere: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/latest
  3. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere).
  4. Put Atmosphere onto the SD card.
  5. Boot the Switch using the fusee-primary you downloaded.
What happens? I didn't see anywhere that you updated fusee-primary. If your Switch boots properly, add the proper fusee patches to your SD setup.
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases/latest

Ok the switch boots now using those instructions, thank you - that's a start...

All games are saying corrupted, does the check and then says they are corrupted annoyingly.

HBMenu doesn't load via the album and I get error 2144-0001 (0x290) on that one which crashes the system

Have I missed a step or any ideas? Sure it's something simple

Last edited by deejaybenji,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok the switch boots now using those instructions, thank you - that's a start...

All games are saying corrupted, does the check and then says they are corrupted annoyingly.

HBMenu doesn't load via the album and I get error 2144-0001 (0x290) on that one which crashes the system

Have I missed a step or any ideas? Sure it's something simple
You need the signature patches I mentioned to be able to run games without the corruption warning. What happens when you launch the homebrew launcher using title override (Holding R on a game)?

deejaybenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You need the signature patches I mentioned to be able to run games without the corruption warning. What happens when you launch the homebrew launcher using title override (Holding R on a game)?

I didn't try that on a game, but when I try go into the home-brew in the usual way of R on album it gave me that new error message in my last post.

When I do the new sig patches it says do I want to keep or replace them, just double checking I am replacing them completely with those files right?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't try that on a game, but when I try go into the home-brew in the usual way of R on album it gave me that new error message in my last post.

When I do the new sig patches it says do I want to keep or replace them, just double checking I am replacing them completely with those files right?
There shouldn't be anything to replace if you followed my instructions exactly. The default behavior of Atmosphere is to open the homebrew launcher when selecting the photo album without holding R, but this way of opening the homebrew launcher is not recommended.

kite21

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I am having issues with the RipJK anime homebrew app. This happened right after I updated my switch to the latest firmware (Since it wouldn't let me play some games even with sigpatches). While watching anime, every 5 minutes or so a message appears "This screen will now be closed" and it kicks me back to the app menu. This didn't happen before, at all. Just to make sure I played an episode I was watching yesterday before the update and it did the same thing. So this has to do with the fw update.

8p3TfZ2.jpg

Edit: Added image example

Last edited by kite21,

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. I am thinking about updating my Switch FW, but have some questions before proceeding. I mainly want to play the newer games such as MH Rise, MH Stories 2, and Skyward Sword. Anyway, in a previous thread on here, I was informed to first update CFW, followed by Sigpatches, and then finally the System FW. When I looked at the hekate.ipl file, it said that I had Kosmos and was informed that it is no longer being used. How should I proceed with all of this? I am a little nervous, as I am still fairly new to this stuff. Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)

Pdxgamer86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone! I have some questions. My switch has been modded or whatever for a couple years. Originally i created a clean nand backup on like 6.1 or something. Directly from there i setup an sd with emunand. I have always used exfat. I used choidujour (however its spelled) for a while but then accidently did a system update on my sysnand the normal way and i never got banned so for whatever reason i continued to just keep doing it that way. So i play online on my sysnand and then i have my sd card with my emunand. Anyway, i was dumb and took my sd out of my pc before properly ejecting it and the card got corrupted. I bought a new sd and was going to re setup emunand on it but i am confused as to the correct way to do it. Do i need to do something with my clean original (and only) nand backup? Does that matter? My fuses probably dont match anyway, right? Bc i have been updating system firmware on sysnand the official way....
I also dont think i ever enabled autorcm bc i read back in the day that could get you banned. So should i do another nand backup of my sysnand system firmware? Or does it not matter because i have been using my emunand sd in my system that i backup the normal way anyway? Can i just straight up re setup emunand on my new sd? Do i need to redo incognito and all of that as well? I dont know why suddenly im so confused. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so tried to use edizon for the very first time ever and got this. Any idea what could have caused this?

Using 12.0.0/AMS M.19.2/S

20210717_231023.jpg

Used this version: https://github.com/WerWolv/EdiZon/releases/tag/v3.0.1

This happend right when I launched the app. Not even using the overlay just applet homebrew mode. This while zelda was running in the background.

The only thing I have in the cheats directory is the ones for zelda. So too many cheats can't be it.
And I have a file created by:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nx-loca...-titles-from-your-switch.584814/#post-9399359
to force the language to English.

Any help is welcome!

SOLVED:

For anyone out there with the same problem download this EdiZon.nro file and replace the one on your SD card. Problem Solved!

https://github.com/WerWolv/EdiZon/releases/tag/snapshot

Problem solved!

Last edited by vree,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F