Homebrew RELEASE NX Locale Switcher - Change the locale of specific titles from your Switch

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
NX Locale Switcher

icon.jpg

A Nintendo Switch homebrew app that allows you to change the language and region of your games on a per-title basis, directly from your console.
This makes use of Atmosphère's per-game settings overriding.

Download
Source: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/nx-locale-switcher
Releases: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/nx-locale-switcher/releases

How to install
Copy the nx-locale-switcher.nro executable to /switch/ on your sdcard.

Screenshots
111052308-fefecf80-8459-11eb-9287-f5ff909ff634.jpg

111052303-fa3a1b80-8459-11eb-9ab9-7526eb2dbe3c.jpg

Last edited by Homlet,

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a god send.

I've been using Switch games to learn Japanese, and I'm forever having to reboot to switch languages instead of just being able to set them per-game. Some games let you do it, most don't.

Thanks for your work on this.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: Ty_

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
NX Locale Switcher

Super homebrew, thank you very much!..
A little request: make the Language and Region lists sorted in a most used order.

For example: the default language list is:

> English, Japanese, French, German, Italian

But when one edited the game's language to French (only for example, it can be any other user's language), next time it'll be like this:

> French, English, Japanese German, Italian.

The same idea with the Region, too.

PS: ..and another one: if you could, maybe the program can show the game's current language and region of the game:
example.jpg

Last edited by mathew77,

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this it's a life savior right now when I want to play Zelda in English, but my girlfriend wants everything else in her native language!

I read/know you can just change the config files directly. But this keeps everything simple, fast and user friendly when you just use tinfoil and usb to add new games. After that just launch this tool set language for the newly added game and you are good to go!

Last edited by vree,

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I assume this doesn't work for Hekate? When the switch boots up it shows the atmo logo though, but any change i make within the tool doesn't show up afterwards.

Edit: Even when i boot directly with Fusee.bin it wont work for me, nothing changes.

I am running Emunand - version 13.0.0, am i missing something? :X

Last edited by Veralyn,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I assume this doesn't work for Hekate? When the switch boots up it shows the atmo logo though, but any change i make within the tool doesn't show up afterwards.

Edit: Even when i boot directly with Fusee.bin it wont work for me, nothing changes.

I am running Emunand - version 13.0.0, am i missing something? :X
Can you make sure /atmosphere/contents/<title id of your game>/config.ini exists? If so, can you show me it's contents?

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you make sure /atmosphere/contents/<title id of your game>/config.ini exists? If so, can you show me it's contents?
Thank you for the quick reply!

I have checked that folder and the title ID shows up, but there is no config.ini located. I check the other titleid folders too, but none have a config.ini

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the quick reply!

I have checked that folder and the title ID shows up, but there is no config.ini located. I check the other titleid folders too, but none have a config.ini
Uh, that is most odd. I just tried on my console and it did it, not sure what could be happening. Is you card formatted in exFAT by any chance?
In case we don't figure it out, you could always do it manually https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.8.10

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1