Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a way to convert the games to work with lower firmwares with tinfoil? Or make a patched XCI installer?

Well you use to be able to make games to run on lower firmware, but newer games wouldn't run on lower firmware with bypass method. Been a thing or so with since firmware 8.0.0, games firmware are based on SDK it is used during development, with team xecuter being dead, no point of staying on SX OS, time to move on.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a way to convert the games to work with lower firmwares with tinfoil? Or make a patched XCI installer?
Games can be patched to work on lower system versions, yes. However, eventually, this will not be sufficient in getting games to work on SX OS and 11.0.0. There are three types of system version requirements:
  1. Soft version requirements, which can be patched easily
  2. Encryption keys, which can be patched
  3. Software development kit version requirements, which cannot be bypassed, since the game will require assets on newer system versions.
In other words, newer games that require assets in 11.0.1 and higher (or more likely, 12.0.0 and higher) will not be able to be patched to work with SX OS. My understanding is Mario Golf is patchable, however.

lucoia

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Games can be patched to work on lower system versions, yes. However, eventually, this will not be sufficient in getting games to work on SX OS and 11.0.0. There are three types of system version requirements:
  1. Soft version requirements, which can be patched easily
  2. Encryption keys, which can be patched
  3. Software development kit version requirements, which cannot be bypassed, since the game will require assets on newer system versions.
In other words, newer games that require assets in 11.0.1 and higher (or more likely, 12.0.0 and higher) will not be able to be patched to work with SX OS. My understanding is Mario Golf is patchable, however.
Yeah I can confirm Mario Golf works, I used tinfoil 12 with the "Convert to Standard Crypto" option on. I'm gonna try THPS Remake next.

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If everything works for you and you don't have any games that reqiore a higher firkware then I would just stay on the version you are on. Updating tends to cause issues for many people so only do it when necessary.

4) Yes you can. Copy \atmosphere and \bootloader folders to the SXOS SD card and boot the Switch with the Hekate payload. In Hekate you can migrate EmuMMC to work with Atmosphere. AFAIR you should choose EmuMMC in the main menu and then 'Migrate EmuMMC'.
Thank you for the information. That is great news. I will do some more research about this and give it a try.

theano12wew

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
honestly i am new to all of this so i arent 100% what i did wrong so
i got a new switch lite with sx os and everytime i try to download a game it gives me this "failed to import ticket!this is usually caused by missing sigpatches for your firmware or a corrupted ticket database;
any ideas??
as well i couldnt start some of my games too

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I did a repaste on my Switch just now (yeah, kinda weird to do that, but I'd like for it to run a bit cooler, since it's a Ver 1 Switch), and of course, I disconnected the battery just to be safe. I did a dumb move by forgetting to disable AutoRCM beforehand. Oops. So the screen turns on, but stays black. Am I fucked or is it something I can change in the hekate_ipl file? I'm on the latest Atmosphere and Hekate, IIRC. Do I just have to let the Switch die and then charge it again? Right now, it's fully turned off

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus,

wiistat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a guide for updating CFW and your Switch firmware: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/

If your SysMMC is not on the version you want to update to you can download the firmware from Darthsternies site.
After updating you need to update your sigpatches. Download from here: https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

So if I understand well, I have to update 3 stuffs: atmosphere to latest, sysnand and emummc to latest 12.03 as my system and emummc are both on 9.2.

My question is what is the correct order to update them?
My second question is some guide recommend daybreak and other choixdujour. which do you recommend to update both the emummc and the sysnand please?

thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I did a repaste on my Switch just now (yeah, kinda weird to do that, but I'd like for it to run a bit cooler, since it's a Ver 1 Switch), and of course, I disconnected the battery just to be safe. I did a dumb move by forgetting to disable AutoRCM beforehand. Oops. So the screen turns on, but stays black. Am I fucked or is it something I can change in the hekate_ipl file? I'm on the latest Atmosphere and Hekate, IIRC. Do I just have to let the Switch die and then charge it again? Right now, it's fully turned off

Just reinject your payload if you are on AutoRCM.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So if I understand well, I have to update 3 stuffs: atmosphere to latest, sysnand and emummc to latest 12.03 as my system and emummc are both on 9.2.

My question is what is the correct order to update them?
My second question is some guide recommend daybreak and other choixdujour. which do you recommend to update both the emummc and the sysnand please?

thank you
First update Atmosphere (and Hekate if you use it)
Then update your Switch firmware. You dont have to update both SysMMC and EmuMMC. Update whatever you use. If you use EmuMMC for CFW and SysMMC for legit games then you might want to update both but if you don't use SysMMC at all you could just leave it on the current version.
You should use Daybreak to update EmuMMC as Choi is outdated and could fail.
If you want to update SysMMC you have two options. If your SysMMC is clean and you go online with it then just update the official way through settings. If you use CFW also in SysMMC then use Daybreak as well to avoid getting banned.
Finally update sigpatches in EmuMMC and you should be done.

wiistat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First update Atmosphere (and Hekate if you use it)
Then update your Switch firmware. You dont have to update both SysMMC and EmuMMC. Update whatever you use. If you use EmuMMC for CFW and SysMMC for legit games then you might want to update both but if you don't use SysMMC at all you could just leave it on the current version.
You should use Daybreak to update EmuMMC as Choi is outdated and could fail.
If you want to update SysMMC you have two options. If your SysMMC is clean and you go online with it then just update the official way through settings. If you use CFW also in SysMMC then use Daybreak as well to avoid getting banned.
Finally update sigpatches in EmuMMC and you should be done.

Thank you. Very much appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My emuNAND had over 30 games with saves and 4 users on it but doesn't boot up. My sysNAND boots fine, and I can create a fresh emuNAND that works fine (I have backups of both my sysNAND and emuNAND).
My question is, can I restore my user partition alone, over the fresh emuNAND? When i tried restoring my emuNAND system & user partitions over a fresh emuNAND, the system hangs as before. And when I restore only the user partition, my saves and users don't show up.
Are the firmware versions different between your fresh emuMMC and your emuMMC backup? If yes, you need to restore both.
Hello guys
I have a question about the sleep mode.

I often put the switch on sleep mode while docked and rarely turn it off.

There's any problem in using sleep mode all the time/forever? Or is it safier/better to turn off sometimes?
The Switch is basically a glorified phone so it can sustain sleep mode as long as most modern phones can.

honestly i am new to all of this so i arent 100% what i did wrong so
i got a new switch lite with sx os and everytime i try to download a game it gives me this "failed to import ticket!this is usually caused by missing sigpatches for your firmware or a corrupted ticket database;
any ideas??
as well i couldnt start some of my games too
What is your firmware?

Reactions: Dragonguile

MUDD_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I,ve just uptaded my switch to latest atmos and fw 12.0.1. Is there any way to use touch controls on hbmenu and apps? Buttons working ok...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I,ve just uptaded my switch to latest atmos and fw 12.0.1. Is there any way to use touch controls on hbmenu and apps? Buttons working ok...
They should work just fine by default. Ensure you are using the latest version of the homebrew menu.

Any up to date guide on how to install the latest atmos please?
I always recommend people to use this guide.

Reactions: darkziosj

squidward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Thank you for helping with my SXOS emunand to Atmosphere emuMMC question.
So I'm using Atmosphere for the first time after using SXOS for years.
I have usually used XCI files and 'inserted the cartridge' in SXOS. But I can't seem to figure out how to do that within Atmosphere. I was able to 'install' a game through Tinfoil, but now my SD card is running out of space.

1) Is there a way to load an XCI as a game cartridge within Atmosphere?
2) My SD card is exFAT since many XCI files are 7gb or 15gb. Is it a big deal to use exFAT?

I'm buying a new 512gb SD card and planning to set it up with Atmosphere only, hidden partition for emuMMC, etc from scratch.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any Issues trying to do FW 12.0.2? Still the same Process as before with the way to Update with the Ch....... App? What does not work in FW 12? EdiZon work?

There was a Page talking about Patches or Keys, but that Page is now gone. Was on this Site, "Hey I heard you guys needed some sweet Patches....."

Last edited by Smoker1,

NizNoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are the firmware versions different between your fresh emuMMC and your emuMMC backup? If yes, you need to restore both.
Yup. Both the same. I've never updated firmware. Thanks.. I've resorted to building up my saves again via Swiss Army Knife. Not ideal, but I've managed to get most of what I really needed thus far.. Users and saves are a bit of a tangled mess though. Anyhow. I shouldv'e learnt all about Checkpoint earlier..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.