Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, try launching Atmosphere with fusee_primary instead as well as reformatting your SD card to FAT32 as exFAT can corrupt your SD card which may be interfering with Atmosphere.
There is no other way to do it? I just wanted to migrate to Atmosphere without losing anything on the card.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no other way to do it? I just wanted to migrate to Atmosphere without losing anything on the card.
Don't worry, the advice I gave you won't make you lose anything on your SD card. Instead of using Hekate, you will just be using fusee_primary so nothing on your SD card needs to change for that to work. As for reformatting the SD card from exFAT to FAT32, you can simply backup everything before the format then place it all back once you are done with the format. If you have any files larger than 4 GB such as .XCI files, you can split them or just wait until you resolve the issue before putting them back on.

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need a little bit of help. I spent some time doing all my research & I was able to jailbreak my unpatched switch. I have Atmosphere CFW & made a nand backup, with emmuMMC as my mirror for the games & everything else.

My problem is after I install a game from tinfoil I try & run it. I get this error 2155-8007. I followed instructions & put in manual DNS settings. I don’t know how to get rid of this error or what it means. What can I do?

Attachments

• 0A28AC09-860C-4DBB-B712-F89B1B809B45.jpeg
    0A28AC09-860C-4DBB-B712-F89B1B809B45.jpeg
    968.1 KB · Views: 117
  • B330A78F-21F7-450C-AB1A-6FBF3E41B7CC.jpeg
    B330A78F-21F7-450C-AB1A-6FBF3E41B7CC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I move my emuNAND to sysNAND? Is this possible? I use fusee-primary, and I'd rather save 32GB on my SD Card by moving my emuNAND into sysNAND.
It is technically possible but there is no elegant solution. The closest thing you can do is backup your emuMMC then restore it to sysMMC. The problem is by doing so it will overwrite anything that you have in sysMMC. If you have nothing worth saving in sysMMC, you can try using NxNandManager to complete the whole process.

I need a little bit of help. I spent some time doing all my research & I was able to jailbreak my unpatched switch. I have Atmosphere CFW & made a nand backup, with emmuMMC as my mirror for the games & everything else.

My problem is after I install a game from tinfoil I try & run it. I get this error 2155-8007. I followed instructions & put in manual DNS settings. I don’t know how to get rid of this error or what it means. What can I do?
Firstly, the console is not "jaibroken". Jailbreak has only really been used for iPhones and PS3 consoles. Secondly, according to Nintendo, that error code seems to indicate you are trying to access an online feature or online in general with a game. The problem is this is not possible with pirated copies. If this is not your issue, I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer to install your games instead. It is what I personally use and I never have encountered any issues when using it.

Reactions: Shadowfox1

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, the console is not "jaibroken". Jailbreak has only really been used for iPhones and PS3 consoles. Secondly, according to Nintendo, that error code seems to indicate you are trying to access an online feature or online in general with a game. The problem is this is not possible with pirated copies. If this is not your issue, I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer to install your games instead. It is what I personally use and I never have encountered any issues when using it.

Thanks for the clarification, didn’t mean to use the wrong term. I actually have the Awoo installer(if that’s what it’s called). I will check out Tinwoo. The thing is I use shops on Tinfoil to install my games. I have not done it by getting any NSPXCI games. I know it might easier to use my computer & apps like Tinwoo. But I don’t know why the games try to access an online feature. Could it be my DNS settings bags or is it just something that happens with shop games?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the clarification, didn’t mean to use the wrong term. I actually have the Awoo installer(if that’s what it’s called). I will check out Tinwoo. The thing is I use shops on Tinfoil to install my games. I have not done it by getting any NSPXCI games. I know it might easier to use my computer & apps like Tinwoo. But I don’t know why the games try to access an online feature. Could it be my DNS settings bags or is it just something that happens with shop games?
I don't believe it could be your DNS settings but since there are ways of blocking connections to Nintendo's servers without DNS settings, you can give them a try. Its also possible the games you are installing are bad dumps.

Shadowfox1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it could be your DNS settings but since there are ways of blocking connections to Nintendo's servers without DNS settings, you can give them a try. Its also possible the games you are installing are bad dumps.

I will use different shops and see how those dumps work. It’s weird though I used my legit Pokémon sword & installed it with tinfoil, didn’t give me that error. Only talked about not being able to use the backup cloud service. Speaking of the DNS settings, do you think you could tell me what settings you use or how I would be able to block Nintendo without dns

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, currently I am using Atmosphere on my sysNand but I wanted to setup sysNand + emuNand.

Is this guide still the way to go?
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/

And do I have to restore my sysNand backup first before setting up emuNand or is there a faster way to do it?

If its possible I would like to have my current sysNand as my new emuNand, and my sysNand backup as my new sysNand.

Thanks in advance!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will use different shops and see how those dumps work. It’s weird though I used my legit Pokémon sword & installed it with tinfoil, didn’t give me that error. Only talked about not being able to use the backup cloud service. Speaking of the DNS settings, do you think you could tell me what settings you use or how I would be able to block Nintendo without dns
Unfortunately I do not block Nintendo connections because I do not use any Internet services. I simply deleted all of my Wi-Fi settings and do everything offline.

Hey guys, currently I am using Atmosphere on my sysNand but I wanted to setup sysNand + emuNand.

Is this guide still the way to go?
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/

And do I have to restore my sysNand backup first before setting up emuNand or is there a faster way to do it?

If its possible I would like to have my current sysNand as my new emuNand, and my sysNand backup as my new sysNand.

Thanks in advance!
I recommend following this guide instead. No, you do not have to restore your sysMMC before setting up emuMMC. In fact, if you restore it before setting it up, it'll be counteractive towards your goal. When you setup emuMMC, it starts off as a copy of your current sysMMC so if you restore your sysMMC backup now, your emuMMC will become your sysMMC backup.

Reactions: Houjin

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately I do not block Nintendo connections because I do not use any Internet services. I simply deleted all of my Wi-Fi settings and do everything offline.

I recommend following this guide instead. No, you do not have to restore your sysMMC before setting up emuMMC. In fact, if you restore it before setting it up, it'll be counteractive towards your goal. When you setup emuMMC, it starts off as a copy of your current sysMMC so if you restore your sysMMC backup now, your emuMMC will become your sysMMC backup.

Thanks alot for your reply!

If I am doing the setup from my current state, are there any settings I should reset first before starting with your guide, like autoRcm?

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

so wondering if someone can help me...I have 2 Nintendo switches Hackable 1 mine and 1 my daughter's setup with latest Horizon os and AMS with all the patches etc all fine.

My daughters has an issue with the bluetooth controllers pairing in CFW....if I boot into OFW and remove the controllers they pair fine as soon as I boot into CFW and I press any of the joy con buttons the lights blink like it tries to connect then they go off....any ideas?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

so wondering if someone can help me...I have 2 Nintendo switches Hackable 1 mine and 1 my daughter's setup with latest Horizon os and AMS with all the patches etc all fine.

My daughters has an issue with the bluetooth controllers pairing in CFW....if I boot into OFW and remove the controllers they pair fine as soon as I boot into CFW and I press any of the joy con buttons the lights blink like it tries to connect then they go off....any ideas?

Joycon has its own firmware you can try to see if updating joycon firmware solve your issue.

rosko25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believed I download a nsp shop called under shop a while ago on my switch and it does not work anymore. But know when I added tinfoil it keeps showing up everytime I install tinfoil. Does anyone know how I can get rid of it always from showing up?

chechu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to emigrate my emunand from SX to atmosphere but I updated via ChoiDujourNX on my EmuNANd. I want to know the steps to follow to restore the boot0 / boot1, step by step because I can't do it.

HMiranda

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! Great community you guys have here! Loving the forums, so much information!

TL;DR; Can *any* Nintendo Switch be softmoded? I can't seem to find a definitive answer.

I've been dying to buy a Nintendo Switch for me and my daughter to play together for quite some time, and now I finally can afford one. I live in Brazil and the estratospherical taxes plus the devalued currency makes it very costy. Sadly, it also makes the games very expensive. That's why I'm looking for soft mod solutions so I can have some games to play from the start.

The problem is that I can't really find a definitive answer to my question: can *any* Nintendo Switch model/version be soft modded or I may end up with a expensive console without any games to play?

edit: I've read the FAQ and most likely any new Switch will be 100% patched, but I also read in other places that you can use CFW+emuNAND with these patched devices. So I can't get to a conclusion.

Last edited by HMiranda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: