Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

almighal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi I write because I have some doubts, I have an unpatched switch (first model) without any mod yet ... I have read dozens of guides but I still have something that is better to know before doing damage ...

then I would like a mod to play everything in peace but I would also like to be able to go online with those few original games ... from what I understand I can do it by playing the nsp in emunand and online in sysnand ...

now, what's the best way to do it?
before making the mod in sysnand can I update to the latest fw without problems?
Once the emunand is created, can I update it too without problems or in emunand it is not possible to go online?
thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I write because I have some doubts, I have an unpatched switch (first model) without any mod yet ... I have read dozens of guides but I still have something that is better to know before doing damage ...

then I would like a mod to play everything in peace but I would also like to be able to go online with those few original games ... from what I understand I can do it by playing the nsp in emunand and online in sysnand ...

now, what's the best way to do it?
before making the mod in sysnand can I update to the latest fw without problems?
Once the emunand is created, can I update it too without problems or in emunand it is not possible to go online?
thank you
I would not recommending to the latest firmware before hacking because you lose out on some potential benefits. You will burn fuses which will prevent you from downgrading in case a better exploit on lower firmware versions is released such as a hypothetical untethered coldboot exploit. Also if you do plan to use emuMMC in conjunction with sysMMC, you cannot go online with both; you can only go online with one or the other but not both. I should also mention that it is safe to go online with emuMMC instead of sysMMC as long as you don't go online with sysMMC.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games can roughly fit on a 200GB micro SD? Are we talking like ten games or more like thirty games? I have no idea how big a lot of the more popular games are in size.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games can roughly fit on a 200GB micro SD? Are we talking like ten games or more like thirty games? I have no idea how big a lot of the more popular games are in size.
They are all different but as example here's a few:
  • Disgaea 5 Complete – 5.92GB
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I-II – 32GB*
  • I Am Setsuna – 1.4GB
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7GB (or more)
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition – 5GB
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris – 1.09GB
  • Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! – 1.6GB
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.4GB

Reactions: GerbilSwimmingPool

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I told you, it is impossible to quantify how many games will fit on any SD card especially since games aren't the only things you will put on it. If you have no idea how big some games are, you can easily look up their sizes via Google.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are all different but as example here's a few:
  • Disgaea 5 Complete – 5.92GB
  • Dragon Quest Heroes I-II – 32GB*
  • I Am Setsuna – 1.4GB
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7GB (or more)
  • Nobunaga’s Ambition – 5GB
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris – 1.09GB
  • Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! – 1.6GB
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.4GB
Holy cow. I those games a lot larger than I thought. I appreciate your time, man.

Reactions: BigOnYa

nevdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've recently moved over from sx os to atmosphere successfully and use hekate to boot into atmosphere.

I've been able to install games and updates successfully using awoo.

When I try to install my dlc it gives me an error message: 0x00234c02

I've read that it may be sigpatches but I've been able to play my updated games.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've recently moved over from sx os to atmosphere successfully and use hekate to boot into atmosphere.

I've been able to install games and updates successfully using awoo.

When I try to install my dlc it gives me an error message: 0x00234c02

I've read that it may be sigpatches but I've been able to play my updated games.
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches/releases

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks do I download both the hekate and atmosphere zip files?
Won't hurt to get both, You only really need only one set depending how you boot. Ex: If you boot fusee-primary, then you only need the fusee.zip.
Get sigpatches file, according to your FW and Atmosphere version, unzip and copy both folders to "atmosphere" folder, Confirm "Overwrite" if prompted to.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

nevdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Won't hurt to get both, both you only really need only one set depending how you boot. Ex: If you boot fusee-primary, then you only need the fusee.zip.
Get sigpatches file, according to your FW and Atmosphere version, unzip and copy both folders to "atmosphere" folder, Confirm "Overwrite" if prompted to.

thanks I'm on the latest atmosphere and running the latest version on my emummc.

as to how I boot, I currently use hekate to boot into atmosphere, I'm guessing that's fusee-primary?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks I'm on the latest atmosphere and running the latest version on my emummc.

as to how I boot, I currently use hekate to boot into atmosphere, I'm guessing that's fusee-primary?
If you get both sets of sigpatches, you will safe either way you boot. And if you want to confirm your booting Fusee-primary, when in Hekate menu, goto "payloads" then select "fusee-primary". Good luck and have fun!

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys i have a problem. i have my switch with atmosphere left powered off for a few months and now im trying to switch it on. i charged it for a while but when i plug in pc it says usb device not tecognized and it wont go into rcm mode, any help?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys i have a problem. i have my switch with atmosphere left powered off for a few months and now im trying to switch it on. i charged it for a while but when i plug in pc it says usb device not tecognized and it wont go into rcm mode, any help?
Usaully if left off for long period of time, you will need to charge it atleast overnight/ full day. You can also try holding down the power button for 10 seconds to full power cycle it. then try turning on. Good luck.

GerbilSwimmingPool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I enable AutoRCM within Hekate? I saw a photo with it was in Hekate > Tools > AutoRCM, but now, that setting is gone. I do see Auto Boot. Did this replace that setting?

We talked about AutoRCM and turning it on immediately once I got in. Is that the setting you are referring to?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I enable AutoRCM within Hekate? I saw a photo with it was in Hekate > Tools > AutoRCM, but now, that setting is gone. I do see Auto Boot. Did this replace that setting?

We talked about AutoRCM and turning it on immediately once I got in. Is that the setting you are referring to?
No, Auto Boot is another feature that allows Hekate to automatically boot one of your launch profiles whenever you use Hekate without navigating the menu to launch it manually. AutoRCM is still located under Tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay