Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another noob question.

I will probably switch to atmosphere as my switch has basically turned into a taiko drum n fun and ring fit machine, so the loss of .xci is no big deal.

Both are installed from the original cart (I can't remember with what). Will they still work fine or do I need to reinstall. I'm sure I read something about installs under sxos not working on other cfw, but install is such a generic term it's hard to search.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question.

I will probably switch to atmosphere as my switch has basically turned into a taiko drum n fun and ring fit machine, so the loss of .xci is no big deal.

Both are installed from the original cart (I can't remember with what). Will they still work fine or do I need to reinstall. I'm sure I read something about installs under sxos not working on other cfw, but install is such a generic term it's hard to search.
Games installed through the native installer that is built into SX OS will not work in other CFW. They apply a patch that only they use which indirectly (or directly) prohibits them being used in other CFW. I suppose nobody made the patches for those because technically, they are unnecessary. As long as you used any homebrew title manager to install games instead of the one in the SX OS' Album menu, then your games don't need to be reinstalled provided you download the correct patches for your corresponding bootloader (there are 2 different ways of booting Atmosphere).

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its just unnecessary. Using both can still leave *theoretical holes* that Nintendo can use to track your console but they have not done so there is no reason to use Incognito let alone with 90DNS.

Hmm I see, why I ask, I don't really want to leave 90DNS as my only line of defense. However unlikely it is maybe someone will think it's a fun joke and hack 90DNS and then set it to allow Nintendo server connection, then everyone who happens to be connected during the time would be hosed :/

However I just thought of something else, I ordered a Powerline Wi-Fi adapter to get better coverage for Remote Play, originally I wanted it to seamlessly integrate into my home network but now I'm thinking of giving the AP a separate name. If the Powerline adapter then gets recognized as a standalone device in my home network I could simply block the AP from ever connecting outbound and have emuMMC connect to this AP only.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I see, why I ask, I don't really want to leave 90DNS as my only line of defense. However unlikely it is maybe someone will think it's a fun joke and hack 90DNS and then set it to allow Nintendo server connection, then everyone who happens to be connected during the time would be hosed :/

However I just thought of something else, I ordered a Powerline Wi-Fi adapter to get better coverage for Remote Play, originally I wanted it to seamlessly integrate into my home network but now I'm thinking of giving the AP a separate name. If the Powerline adapter then gets recognized as a standalone device in my home network I could simply block the AP from ever connecting outbound and have emuMMC connect to this AP only.
I mean the best protection is the one where you restrict it from the router itself. Neither Incognito nor 90DNS are foolproof and even with both, its technically possible to still transmit data to Nintendo although highly unlikely.

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean the best protection is the one where you restrict it from the router itself. Neither Incognito nor 90DNS are foolproof and even with both, its technically possible to still transmit data to Nintendo although highly unlikely.

Yeah alright, I guess making a separate AP for emuMMC is my best bet then, thanks for the heads-up! Is there a preferred Discord I could turn too if I run into any issues setting emuMMC up? I studied the process in-depth but just in case.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah alright, I guess making a separate AP for emuMMC is my best bet then, thanks for the heads-up! Is there a preferred Discord I could turn too if I run into any issues setting emuMMC up? I studied the process in-depth but just in case.
Your best bet would probably be the DeepSea Discord server which you can find an invite here. Although since Hekate automates 99% of the process, you shouldn't run into any issues.

Reactions: BigOnYa and SkyDX

SkyDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your best bet would probably be the DeepSea Discord server which you can find an invite here. Although since Hekate automates 99% of the process, you shouldn't run into any issues.

Do I have to open the link in Discord directly? My browser says it can't be opened. And I know, I don't expect to run into issues but just in case :P

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Games installed through the native installer that is built into SX OS will not work in other CFW. They apply a patch that only they use which indirectly (or directly) prohibits them being used in other CFW. I suppose nobody made the patches for those because technically, they are unnecessary. As long as you used any homebrew title manager to install games instead of the one in the SX OS' Album menu, then your games don't need to be reinstalled provided you download the correct patches for your corresponding bootloader (there are 2 different ways of booting Atmosphere).

Thanks, never used the built in installer, so everything should be fine then :).

Reactions: Draxzelex

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hades does not seem to lunch on my switch which is on Atmosphere 18 with fusee payload and latest patches. I only have saltynx sysmodul which is disabled and I'm offline. I had it working before by removing mission control homebrew. But now it wont lunch no matter what. Can someone help please

simsimsim

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys. So I plan to switch from SX OS to Atmosphere. Would the games and DLCs I installed using SX OS stop working if I made the switch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys. So I plan to switch from SX OS to Atmosphere. Would the games and DLCs I installed using SX OS stop working if I made the switch?
As long as you have the latest signature patches, all of your installed games should work just fine. XCI files cannot be played directly; they can only be installed.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hades does not seem to lunch on my switch which is on Atmosphere 18 with fusee payload and latest patches. I only have saltynx sysmodul which is disabled and I'm offline. I had it working before by removing mission control homebrew. But now it wont lunch no matter what. Can someone help please
Update your system to 11.0.1 using Daybreak if you haven't already done so.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes is easy. Simply back up all contents of SD card to a pc, format new card to FAT32, then copy all contents to new SD card from pc...(Gonna take awhile tho, esp if you have alot of games installed on SD card)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can try using the Checkpoint homebrew app also, to backup all your game saves, if JKSV not working.

Thanks a ton as Checkpoint worked terrifically! Not sure why JKSV didn't but I am on a Mariko (Lite) so that's probably it.

Reactions: BigOnYa

jms217

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question... I've just received a switch from ebay with an unpatched serial number v1 - however, it appears to have already been upgraded to 11.0.1 firmware. Having trouble finding info - is it still possible to mod this switch and install CFW? My jig arrives this weekend and was hoping to do so.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question... I've just received a switch from ebay with an unpatched serial number v1 - however, it appears to have already been upgraded to 11.0.1 firmware. Having trouble finding info - is it still possible to mod this switch and install CFW? My jig arrives this weekend and was hoping to do so.
Yes you can still install CFW on it 11.0.1. And that's good your jig is coming later, because you need to do alot of reading up on the matter. Search thru these forums, and tutorials here and you will find all the info you need. Good luck. Step 1 when you get your jig - Backup Nand, Boot1, Boot2, and your Keys. You will need a Micro SD card with atleast 32 GB of space to do these things first.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: jms217

docgold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hi, I have a Switch which doesn't start after crashing. Switch is from 2017 and I use latest SX OS 3.1.0 on it. I use NS Athmosphere Payload Injector with Jig. The Switch crashed while i was online in stealth mode and watching a ".ts" (.m3u) video through latest pplay.
The live stream suddenly stopped and the switch crashed showing this by an info table and I agreed restart. The display went and stayed dark. I tried to start the switch through procedure pressing + and start button while the NS Athmosphere Paylod injector was pluged in, on and the jig in controller position. But nothing is happening. Screen remains dark.

Any hints? Solution?

Edit: I found solution. By pressing the on/off button for about 15seconds the switch rebootet.

Btw, sadly I have no access to windows nor to android. I moved to linux mint but have no clue how to start the NS Athmopshere on linux?

Last edited by docgold,

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For vanilla Atmosphere, yes. You will also need patches to launch backups since unlike ReiNX, those are not packaged by default with the CFW.

So I switched over to atmosphere. My Backups play just fine, but now no game cartridges will run! :(
It says that the game cart could not be read.

What else do I need to do I must have missed something.

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update your system to 11.0.1 using Daybreak if you haven't already done so.

I've done that. I had this problem in 11 and 11.0.1 and on Atmosphere 18 and 17.
Can anyone run the latest update on flight mode? I want to know is it because of the flight mode or some sysmodule.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just looked it up and yes you can use web cams on PCSX2 to play EyeToy games lol