Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering.... I followed (well still following) this guide..

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/

And once I got to Partitioning the SD card, it turned my 64gb card into a 32gb card, I know it makes another Partition but, 1/2 of all the storage. Any idea why ?
The emuMMC has to be 32GB, since that's how big the eMMC on the Switch is.

Unless you plan on using online play with legitimately purchased games, you probably don't need an emuMMC.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emuMMC has to be 32GB, since that's how big the eMMC on the Switch is.

Unless you plan on using online play with legitimately purchased games, you probably don't need an emuMMC.

Just kind of wish I knew that, I would of held out till my 128gb one hit... oh well...

As for my retail games and playing on-line, no plans but, you never know.

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I'm having a bit of trouble with installing and using apps with my hacked Switch. I followed this tutorial perfectly and got my CFW up and running as well as creating an emuMMC backup today: https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html

However, I am currently having trouble getting certain apps like tinfoil to work. I tried installing tinfoil using the following video but it refuses to open.

I tried using an alternative method with an app from the Homebrew app store called Gamecard installer where I tried to install Mario Odyssey from my game cartridge to my SD card but the game refuses to launch after I remove the game card and tells me that the data has been corrupted. But it worked fine when I reinserted the card. I tried deleting my Mario Odyssey data and reinstalling it with the Gamecard installer but that didn't seem to help either as now it's asking me for a software update. Is it safe to download software updates with a Switch running CFW?

I was also worried that I may be banned from the Nintendo Network as while following the guide that I mentioned, I entered the 90DNS code into my internet settings to keep myself hidden from Nintendo's servers according to the guide, only to find out after I accessed the Homebrew app store that the 90DNS I entered was meant for users outside of South/North America. I quickly changed the 90DNS code to my region's version but was I too late, will I get banned for this? Thank you for your time.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just kind of wish I knew that, I would of held out till my 128gb one hit... oh well...

As for my retail games and playing on-line, no plans but, you never know.
If you have a clean eMMC backup, you can restore that later if you choose later to pay for online play, and you don't need to setup an emuMMC right now.

If you're already paying for online play, or you're going to do so soon, then you should set it up now if you're going to be using it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello I'm having a bit of trouble with installing and using apps with my hacked Switch. I followed this tutorial perfectly and got my CFW up and running as well as creating an emuMMC backup today: https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html

However, I am currently having trouble getting certain apps like tinfoil to work. I tried installing tinfoil using the following video but it refuses to open.

I tried using an alternative method with an app from the Homebrew app store called Gamecard installer where I tried to install Mario Odyssey from my game cartridge to my SD card but the game refuses to launch after I remove the game card and tells me that the data has been corrupted. But it worked fine when I reinserted the card. I tried deleting my Mario Odyssey data and reinstalling it with the Gamecard installer but that didn't seem to help either as now it's asking me for a software update. Is it safe to download software updates with a Switch running CFW?

I was also worried that I may be banned from the Nintendo Network as while following the guide that I mentioned, I entered the 90DNS code into my internet settings to keep myself hidden from Nintendo's servers according to the guide, only to find out after I accessed the Homebrew app store that the 90DNS I entered was meant for users outside of South/North America. I quickly changed the 90DNS code to my region's version but was I too late, will I get banned for this? Thank you for your time.

1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches for Atmosphere 0.13, if that is the version you're using
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Enter RCM
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
Does HBG/Tinfoil work properly now?

As for your ban, it's possible you will not be banned and that you're not flagged to be banned. All you can do now is keep 90DNS installed and hope. I personally recommend Incognito over 90DNS.

Last edited by Lacius,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

anyone tell you to hold the right trigger and select a game to run in full memory mode selecting the pic folder just puts you in applet mode and some apps dont play well

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tell you to hold the right trigger and select a game to run in full memory mode selecting the pic folder just puts you in applet mode and some apps dont play well
The Tinfoil installer should work fine in Applet Mode. The problem is probably the use of Hekate as a primary bootloader.

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just helped a friend update his modded switch to latest firmware and atmosphere. However he can no longer go into the homebrew menu by pressing r and clicking on the album. Any help?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just helped a friend update his modded switch to latest firmware and atmosphere. However he can no longer go into the homebrew menu by pressing r and clicking on the album. Any help?
By default, pressing R makes you enter the normal album. Enter the album without pressing R, and you will enter the Homebrew Launcher.

However, title override is recommended. Press R while launching a game to enter the Homebrew Launcher.

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
still on ofw 10.0.3, after updated to the latest hekate 5.3.0, chainload vanila ams 0.13.0 to emumms, with the latest sigpatches gotten here, error prompted after atmosphere boot-up logo, what hv i done wrong? reverted to hekate 5.2.1, ams 0.12.0 and old sigpatches, everything goes well now.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 148

ElonStark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nintendo actually still taking joy-con repair requests? I've tried a few times and nothing happens when I click submit help ticket on the repair form.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nintendo actually still taking joy-con repair requests? I've tried a few times and nothing happens when I click submit help ticket on the repair form.
Yes they opened back up for repairs but this is I think only US base for free repairs , but they are also have to take care of all previous orders before new orders
Once you fill out form they will email you

legoinventeor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How hard is it to mod your switch lite with an sx lite modchip? Has it even been been released yet? I can't seem to find any place to get one..

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a clean eMMC backup, you can restore that later if you choose later to pay for online play, and you don't need to setup an emuMMC right now.

If you're already paying for online play, or you're going to do so soon, then you should set it up now if you're going to be using it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
  2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
  3. Download the latest Atmosphere
  4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
  5. Download these signature patches for Atmosphere 0.13, if that is the version you're using
  6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
  7. Put the SD into your Switch
  8. Enter RCM
  9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
Does HBG/Tinfoil work properly now?

As for your ban, it's possible you will not be banned and that you're not flagged to be banned. All you can do now is keep 90DNS installed and hope. I personally recommend Incognito over 90DNS.
HBG and Tinfoil now work for me. Thank you so much, though I did want to ask, what is the difference between Incognito and 90DNS?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HBG and Tinfoil now work for me. Thank you so much, though I did want to ask, what is the difference between Incognito and 90DNS?
90DNS blocks Nintendo's servers using a DNS.

Incognito wipes personally identifiable information from the Switch, so it can't connect to Nintendo's services, and it can't be banned.

I personally recommend Incognito. Atmosphere has native support for doing this without actually altering the Switch's eMMC.

Reactions: Lightyose

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still on ofw 10.0.3, after updated to the latest hekate 5.3.0, chainload vanila ams 0.13.0 to emumms, with the latest sigpatches gotten here, error prompted after atmosphere boot-up logo, what hv i done wrong? reverted to hekate 5.2.1, ams 0.12.0 and old sigpatches, everything goes well now.
Those patches are for booting with Fusee. You need to use the Hekate patches.

If it possible to JUST install sys-clk, overclock and not get banned? I want Fortnite to run better on Nintendo Switch.
I haven't hacked it yet.
It is impossible to hack the console and not risk getting banned. Either accept the chance or do not hack it all. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

How hard is it to mod your switch lite with an sx lite modchip? Has it even been been released yet? I can't seem to find any place to get one..
It requires soldering and opening up your console. It is not recommended for anyone inexperienced otherwise you will damage your console.

Reactions: k3lv1n

michaelventigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you link your nintendo id and download an official game from nintendo server.... i havent done anything yet to my brand new switch lite like download games and stuff.. but i want to now....and then use a modchip to modify your switch later on....is this possible?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link your nintendo id and download an official game from nintendo server.... i havent done anything yet to my brand new switch lite like download games and stuff.. but i want to now....and then use a modchip to modify your switch later on....is this possible?

As long you download before running SX OS, that is fine, but you risk the chance of getting a ban if you run it while on CFW state.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958