Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

adamandkate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im wanting to update ring fit adventure to the latest version. the nfo says i need master key 9.0.

what is it and how do i install the update, do i just run it like a normal nsp file? im using sx-os.

VonHexer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing you should do is a NAND backup, clean or not. Without it, your console will become a paperweight. It is possible to switch between CFW and OFW (it involves rebooting the console) however you can still be banned even if you boot OFW if you have ever booted CFW.
Good to know then.
All I actually want to do is to run an emulator on my PC.
I guess this means I will not install any CFW then. Thank you!

Reactions: Draxzelex

odin130

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am a new
I am using hekate I am able to launch cfw with nand but when I launch with emunand I am left a black screen
should I create a new emunand just looking for help

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello there,

I'm using SXOS 2.9.4 with the latest Nintendo FW on a FAT32 emunand right now and I have a problem with some of my installed games. When I try to play Mario Kart 8 or Mario Odyssey, the game starts and I get the "The software was closed because an error occurred" message.
I read somewhere that cheats might be the problem, so I deleted all cheat files for the games. I also deleted the save files and everything related to those games, before installing them again with with hbg shop, but after that, I get the same error message. The same happens when I try to install them from NSP files.
I tried installing those games with SX Dumper, because I own the cartridges, but I can't play them without an update. As soon as I install an update, I get the error-message above again.
I had the idea to delete all the "personalized" game tickets in Tinfoil, because I realized that this problem mostly happens with games I actually own. Getting rid of them and installing the "custom" tickets did nothing, though.
The only game I actually got to work was Mario Maker 2, because it's small enough to run as an xci file from my FAT32 card. I can also install said xci file and it still works fine. I can't use xci files for Mario Odyssey or Mario Kart 8, though, because they're too big.

Maybe it's important to say that I had Atmosphere installed at some point, but I got rid of it for the time being. I used both CFWs side by side by changing the nintendo_path to Emutendo.

Any idea what to do? I feel like I tried everything and I'm completely at a loss.

Ulrira

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,

My roommate left me his Switch with an RCM loader. It has SX os, Hecate, and AtlasNX Cosmos.

I am able to boot it up and play the games but I need help installing new ones. Do I need to install a program on my computer to do so or can I just plug in the switch and drop a file. I was too afraid of bricking it to try. I am not the most savvy when it come

nintenbrolluseless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What settings should I use with nxdumptool if I want to dump an nsp to extract on PC for layeredfs use? Layeredfs dumper on nxdumptool is too slow (eta 15h...) but whenever I try to extract an nsp I dumped I get game icons and a few nca's.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am a new
I am using hekate I am able to launch cfw with nand but when I launch with emunand I am left a black screen
should I create a new emunand just looking for help
Did you make an emuMMC partition before launching it?

Hey everyone,

My roommate left me his Switch with an RCM loader. It has SX os, Hecate, and AtlasNX Cosmos.

I am able to boot it up and play the games but I need help installing new ones. Do I need to install a program on my computer to do so or can I just plug in the switch and drop a file. I was too afraid of bricking it to try. I am not the most savvy when it come
You can use a homebrew application by the name of Awoo Installer to install games.

What settings should I use with nxdumptool if I want to dump an nsp to extract on PC for layeredfs use? Layeredfs dumper on nxdumptool is too slow (eta 15h...) but whenever I try to extract an nsp I dumped I get game icons and a few nca's.
Whatever settings you want.

Ultimabuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I updated to 9.2 by mistake. Is it possible to downgrade to 9.1 using ChoiDujourNX? Can I just install the 9.1 firmware "over the top of" my 9.2 firmware or doesn't it work like that?

DarkSmile

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

I was trying to inject a payload with TegraRcm but when ever I use the GUI it freezes and when I use the Smash it gets stuck on " Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 76328, total size: 142544, total padded size: 143360)..."

If tried multiple cables nothing seems to help any ideas?

Thnx

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I updated to 9.2 by mistake. Is it possible to downgrade to 9.1 using ChoiDujourNX? Can I just install the 9.1 firmware "over the top of" my 9.2 firmware or doesn't it work like that?
You can't install over it. If the fuses were burned(update via wifi) then no you can't revert.

Ryan1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey,

So I have been out the cfw scene for quite a while. My last cfw was ReinX which was supported with FW 8.1.0.
I have restored my clean NAND and updated to OFW 9.2.0. I have not been banned or anything because my Switch was always in airplane mode not connected to wifi.

The next thing I want to do is put atmosphere cfw on my switch because it is one of the fastest cfw which gets updated when Nintendo rolls a new update out. Now I got some questions before i take plans to put this cfw on my switch. So these are my questions:

1. Is it possible to play original games (cartridges) online on the switch and play NSP game offline with the switch with a minimal chance of getting banned??
I did some research and found out terms like sysnand & emummc. sysnand to play original games online and emummc to play nsp games offline in airplane mode.

2. Are there any reports of people getting banned using this method of playing original games online on sysnand and NSP games offline on emummc with airplane mode on. using atmosphere cfw??

3. Is there any tutorial available on GBAtemp which is trusted to use to achieve atmosphere cfw with sysnand and emummc??
I have looked it up but there are quite a few I don't know which one is the best to use. Normally I also look on YouTube for video's that can help me like those ones:

LiveMChief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So I have been out the cfw scene for quite a while. My last cfw was ReinX which was supported with FW 8.1.0.
I have restored my clean NAND and updated to OFW 9.2.0. I have not been banned or anything because my Switch was always in airplane mode not connected to wifi.

The next thing I want to do is put atmosphere cfw on my switch because it is one of the fastest cfw which gets updated when Nintendo rolls a new update out. Now I got some questions before i take plans to put this cfw on my switch. So these are my questions:

1. Is it possible to play original games (cartridges) online on the switch and play NSP game offline with the switch with a minimal chance of getting banned??
I did some research and found out terms like sysnand & emummc. sysnand to play original games online and emummc to play nsp games offline in airplane mode.

2. Are there any reports of people getting banned using this method of playing original games online on sysnand and NSP games offline on emummc with airplane mode on. using atmosphere cfw??

3. Is there any tutorial available on GBAtemp which is trusted to use to achieve atmosphere cfw with sysnand and emummc??
I have looked it up but there are quite a few I don't know which one is the best to use. Normally I also look on YouTube for video's that can help me like those ones:

1: Yes

2: No sure, if you mod then you could get banned. Pure and simple really. Just don't play online pirate games or cheat on multiplayer titles.

3: https://switch.homebrew.guide/emummc/windows

Last edited by LiveMChief,

HollaHollaPoopDolla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello All,

I am having some difficulty and was hoping someone could help. When I inject the payload into my Switch, and select "Launch" from the Hekate (v5.1.3) menu, then select "CFW (EMUMMC)" I run into an error message:

"Panic occurred while running atmosphere.
Title ID: 010041544D530000
Error Desc: std: :abort() (0xFFE)

Report saved to /atmosphere/fatal_errors/report_0568dd7a.bin"

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks so much!

Munchl4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

a while back I tried updating sxos it was a while ago and I can’t really remember what I did but long story short my switch won’t boot ofw, I can use the dongle and boot into sxos but I just get black screen if I have to reset the switch I’m just met with a black screen I’m a proper noob so go easy,

thank you all

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I was trying to inject a payload with TegraRcm but when ever I use the GUI it freezes and when I use the Smash it gets stuck on " Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 76328, total size: 142544, total padded size: 143360)..."

If tried multiple cables nothing seems to help any ideas?

Thnx
Try different ports, restarting your computer, or using another device to send payloads.

Hello All,

I am having some difficulty and was hoping someone could help. When I inject the payload into my Switch, and select "Launch" from the Hekate (v5.1.3) menu, then select "CFW (EMUMMC)" I run into an error message:

Any ideas on how to remedy this? Thanks so much!
Delete that title in atmosphere/contents.

I looked into Awoo and saw that it does not support SXos. Or am I missing something? Thanks.
As far as I know, it supports SX OS.

Hi,

a while back I tried updating sxos it was a while ago and I can’t really remember what I did but long story short my switch won’t boot ofw, I can use the dongle and boot into sxos but I just get black screen if I have to reset the switch I’m just met with a black screen I’m a proper noob so go easy,

thank you all
How is the SD card formatted?

HollaHollaPoopDolla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try different ports, restarting your computer, or using another device to send payloads.

Delete that title in atmosphere/contents.

Hey Draxzelex, thanks for the quick reply. When I search atmosphere/contents I only see 6 titles, none of which match the title in the error message. These are the six: 010000000000000D, 0100000000000008, 0100000000000032, 0100000000000034, 0100000000000036, and 0100000000000037

Where do I go from here? Thanks so much. Take care.

Last edited by HollaHollaPoopDolla,

Kodigy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I edit my game saves from my cfw partition? Im trying to edit my save for Animal Crossing on my sysnand and the game isnt even installed on the cfw partition.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Draxzelex, thanks for the quick reply. When I search atmosphere/contents I only see 6 titles, none of which match the title in the error message. These are the six: 010000000000000D, 0100000000000008, 0100000000000032, 0100000000000034, 0100000000000036, and 0100000000000037

Where do I go from here? Thanks so much. Take care.
Sorry, the fix is to use the Archive Bit option in Hekate.

How do I edit my game saves from my cfw partition? Im trying to edit my save for Animal Crossing on my sysnand and the game isnt even installed on the cfw partition.
CFW is not a partition. CFW are just some files on your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?