Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am pretty much done asking questions then, I am seeing a lot of issues right now in the forums and some posts on the SXOS site about people getting black screens, losing the ability to play games, even some folks claiming to have bricked their switch, etc, after updating (accidentally or intentionally) there firmware. I didn't see anything on updating CFW or OFW in the Ultimate Guide for the switch.

Is there anywhere I can find more information on the proper way to update all of these CFW's so I can avoid these problems? Is confusion and/or issues like this common when updating CFW for the switch?
Updating CFW is essentially replacing the old files with the new ones. Issues can arise if you update your firmware before you update the CFW, update to a firmware the CFW doesn't support, use exFAT, or don't replace the files properly. There is no guide on how to update CFW because its implied to be a simple process which indicates that most if not all issues when updating CFW arise due to user error.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so if you do accidentally update your firmware (by a gamecart or something) then you just need to make sure your CFW is updated also to match the new firmware.

Does SXOS and Atmosphere both require the SD card to be formatted the same? Just curious since I was looking at the Whatsho RCM Loader that lets you switch between the two by pushing a button.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so if you do accidentally update your firmware (by a gamecart or something) then you just need to make sure your CFW is updated also to match the new firmware.

Does SXOS and Atmosphere both require the SD card to be formatted the same? Just curious since I was looking at the Whatsho RCM Loader that lets you switch between the two by pushing a button.
The Switch only supports exFAT & FAT32. But since exFAT can corrupt your SD card, FAT32 is generally the one you should be using.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should you make a nand backup every time your system firmware is updated?

And, the Ultimate Nook Guide says to make a EmuMMC if you want to play online but if getting banned is pretty much certain is that necessary? Are there other reasons for making a EmuMMC?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should you make a nand backup every time your system firmware is updated?

And, the Ultimate Nook Guide says to make a EmuMMC if you want to play online but if getting banned is pretty much certain is that necessary? Are there other reasons for making a EmuMMC?
No and there are plenty of reasons to use emuMMC. It can act as a brick shield or allow you to be on a higher firmware without burning fuses and using AutoRCM.

dereklanz517

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been having an issue where I can’t launch BOTW because it gives me a prompt to update the firmware to play. I already updated to 9.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX and the system section in settings reflects that. I don’t have sigpatches installed, if that’s important. Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I’ve been having an issue where I can’t launch BOTW because it gives me a prompt to update the firmware to play. I already updated to 9.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX and the system section in settings reflects that. I don’t have sigpatches installed, if that’s important. Thanks!
But the arms demo works just fine

themanoctave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a thread but just saw this one for noob questions. Sorry if this breaks any rules.

My girlfriend and I bought the new Animal Crossing Switch, planning to upgrade from her V.1 Switch. Tried a standard user/data transfer but for some reason her saves were stranded on the old switch without a user attached to them. Putting her user back on it won't let us access the saves, but they aren't corrupted. I have a NAND backup and keys of the old switch. Is there a way to get her Pokemon saves off the old switch and onto the new one without permanently installing CFW on either system?

Wamboniga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi :)

I have a unpatched Switch with a 3.0.0 backup, which is currently on 9.2.0 with atmosphere (no fuses burnt).
In order to play online, i have to burn my fuses right?
Does it make sense to keep the fuse count as it is for future hacks?

freethegnome

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone, i was just wondering if someone could explain my switch's behavior. My switch is running Atmosphere VIA fusee. If i send fusee via PC or Android the switch will not show my custom boot logo, but it functions properly. NSPs will install and run(patches working) etc.. I can boot to hekate from here and it will run the Nyx GUI. But...., from the nyx gui, if i boot sysNAND or EMUMMC from here it will show my custom logo, but NSPs won't install right or run half the time(patches are working). Also if i boot hekate from PC or Android, then their is no nyx GUI. What is happening? why the difference? Thanks Everybody.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I see three different kinds of game files so far (NSP, XCI, and NSZ). Atmosphere runs NSP files but not XCI which you need SXOS to run, but from what I am reading you can install XCI files as NSP's using Atmosphere? NSP files are also noticeably smaller than XCI.

What are NSZ files then, what runs them?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi :)

I have a unpatched Switch with a 3.0.0 backup, which is currently on 9.2.0 with atmosphere (no fuses burnt).
In order to play online, i have to burn my fuses right?
Does it make sense to keep the fuse count as it is for future hacks?
You do not have to burn the fuses to play online. While there is a risk playing online with a mismatched fuse count, no one so far has been banned for that alone.

Hello Everyone, i was just wondering if someone could explain my switch's behavior. My switch is running Atmosphere VIA fusee. If i send fusee via PC or Android the switch will not show my custom boot logo, but it functions properly. NSPs will install and run(patches working) etc.. I can boot to hekate from here and it will run the Nyx GUI. But...., from the nyx gui, if i boot sysNAND or EMUMMC from here it will show my custom logo, but NSPs won't install right or run half the time(patches are working). Also if i boot hekate from PC or Android, then their is no nyx GUI. What is happening? why the difference? Thanks Everybody.
There are different patches for Fusee versus Hekate. Since your pirated games only work when you use Fusee, you only have the patches for Fusee not Hekate.

OK, so I see three different kinds of game files so far (NSP, XCI, and NSZ). Atmosphere runs NSP files but not XCI which you need SXOS to run, but from what I am reading you can install XCI files as NSP's using Atmosphere? NSP files are also noticeably smaller than XCI.

What are NSZ files then, what runs them?
No, there are only 2 different game file types; .XCI and .NSP. .NSZ are a type of .NSP file that is super compressed. You need a title installer that supports .NSZ files to install them or convert them back to .NSP format.

Reactions: freethegnome

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm the "if it ain't broken then don't fix/tamper with it" kind of guy, which is why my current Switch setup looks like this:

Xkit RCM Loader (an old one)
Goldleaf 0.5
System 7.0.1 ReiNX

But I'm thinking that I should move on now, 'cause I have a feeling that if I download a new game (haven't downloaded anything for like 7 months now) then I might run into trouble either with installing or playing it ^^ Sooo what's safe and not? Where do I take my good old Switch from here? Should I perhaps even go for a new loader, or?

nitty917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did my first flash, 9.2. did loaded latest atmosphere. it continues to load into atmosphere. then black screen. never makes it into the nintendo screen. any ideas?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there are only 2 different game file types; .XCI and .NSP. .NSZ are a type of .NSP file that is super compressed. You need a title installer that supports .NSZ files to install them or convert them back to .NSP format.

What is the best or most updated title installer? Does one come in the Kosmos package that the Ultimate Guide recommends? I think I'm going to run through the guide tomorrow or very soon, was thinking of ordering one of the little slide things for the right controller slot from amazon first, don't feel like bending paper clips.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did my first flash, 9.2. did loaded latest atmosphere. it continues to load into atmosphere. then black screen. never makes it into the nintendo screen. any ideas?
How is your SD card formatted?

What is the best or most updated title installer? Does one come in the Kosmos package that the Ultimate Guide recommends? I think I'm going to run through the guide tomorrow or very soon, was thinking of ordering one of the little slide things for the right controller slot from amazon first, don't feel like bending paper clips.
There is no best title installer. The one Kosmos packages is arguably the worst though. The one I personally use is called Awoo-Installer.

nitty917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is your SD card formatted?

exFat redid the process twice. also tried the modified atmosphere fork. nothing seems to get pass this black screen. not sure how long its suppose to take to boot but i left it for a few minutes and doesnt do anything so i just power off and remove everything and turn back onto stock firmware

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exFat redid the process twice. also tried the modified atmosphere fork. nothing seems to get pass this black screen. not sure how long its suppose to take to boot but i left it for a few minutes and doesnt do anything so i just power off and remove everything and turn back onto stock firmware
Reformat the SD card to FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.