Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do you need to reinsert the jig everytime to get it into CFW mode? that's what iv'e heard. Also about overclocking wouldn't that make the switch run much hotter? could it damage it?
Either use a jig or install autoRCM which will automatically load RCM when you turn on your console. Overclocking does indeed shorten the life of your switch.

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, you can install autoRCM when you have injected hekate. No need for hardmod.

Do I still need a jig to do the initial hack though before I inject hekate? And what does "injecting" this consist of? like do I need to move something onto an SD card and onto the console or..

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Do I still need a jig to do the initial hack though before I inject hekate? And what does "injecting" this consist of? like do I need to move something onto an SD card and onto the console or..
For the first time entering RCM you need a jig our use tinfoil to short pins. Recommended is a jig. When you have entered RCM, you take your laptop or smartphone and inject a payload. For injecting hekate you need a bootloader folder on your sd card. Simply download the latest release of hekate.

Finnigan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just loaded CFW on my switch today for the first time. Everything is working great! I loaded an NSP game to the switch through Goldleaf and was able to play it. I have one strange issue though. I'm unable to see the games I had purchased and saved on my SD card originally. When I'm in the CFW, the game title shows up and when selected, it says "Download" or "Cancel"?
I've tried merging the Nintendo folder from the root of the SD card into emuMMC>RAW1 folder with the Nintendo folder already there.
Now both the SD card game and the NSP game both say "Download" or "Cancel".

Thanks, any help appreciated!

Mrl25

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Updating from 9.0.0 to 9.1.0 is fine.
But I don’t consider choiNX to be safe :shrek

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don’t be stupid.
So no nsps, no cheating in online titles, no fucking with the CDN, etc.
Sorry I'm new to the scene. What is CDN?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just loaded CFW on my switch today for the first time. Everything is working great! I loaded an NSP game to the switch through Goldleaf and was able to play it. I have one strange issue though. I'm unable to see the games I had purchased and saved on my SD card originally. When I'm in the CFW, the game title shows up and when selected, it says "Download" or "Cancel"?
I've tried merging the Nintendo folder from the root of the SD card into emuMMC>RAW1 folder with the Nintendo folder already there.
Now both the SD card game and the NSP game both say "Download" or "Cancel".

Thanks, any help appreciated!
Merging the folders is not going to work. Unless you have a backup of each Nintendo folder, you're going to have to re-download/install your games.

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also about overclocking wouldn't that make the switch run much hotter? could it damage it?
With overclock enabled it wil run a little hotter and yes battery wil drain faster. But what you need to understand its not actualy an overclock. The switch is actualy underclocked from the factory, so by setting the CPU and if you want the GPU to normal speeds you wil get more out of it. Nintendo is also using "boost modes" to in short boost increase CPU speed, and have on some games actualy let the developers use a higher clock speed.
Specialy like you say with emulators a higher CPU clock would be good.

AS for temps thats been tested:
Docked mode Stock: 60 Celsius (CPU at 1020Mhz and GPU at 768Mhz)
Docked mode CPU "OC": 64 Celcius (Increased CPU from 1020Mhz to 1785Mhz)
Docked mode CPU and GPU "OC": 67 Celsius( Increased CPU as above, and GPU from 768Mhz to 921Mhz)
Offcource in handheld mode you get even less GPU speed than stock docked mode...

Take a look here if you want to learn a little more about "oc":

Last edited by maraxion,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone tested Lexar 633x micro sd cards on the switch btw compared to Sandisk and samsung?

I see a lot of people recommending cards with high MB/s speeds, but isent the switch like pads, android phones etc more dependant of the 4KB read/write and A1/A2 speed than the actual max read/write speed and U1/U3 of the card?

Last edited by maraxion,

actualkoifish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a stupid question, but I did an emuMMC nand backup using hekate, and after completing it in parts, the screen was stuck at 100% progress, and never said a "done!" message, even though I got to 82% before I had to move data off the card, and when it came back and started up again at 82% without issue once I reinserted the card. Once it was at 100% I waited for a done message, but nothing like that happened, and then hitting Close did nothing either, making it almost like it was frozen. I turned off the system again, moved data to my safekeeping spot on my PC, and now I'm wondering, is the nand backup finished and working, or do I need to do something more to complete it?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With overclock enabled it wil run a little hotter and yes battery wil drain faster. But what you need to understand its not actualy an overclock. The switch is actualy underclocked from the factory, so by setting the CPU and if you want the GPU to normal speeds you wil get more out of it. Nintendo is also using "boost modes" to in short boost increase CPU speed, and have on some games actualy let the developers use a higher clock speed.
Specialy like you say with emulators a higher CPU clock would be good.

AS for temps thats been tested:
Docked mode Stock: 60 Celsius (CPU at 1020Mhz and GPU at 768Mhz)
Docked mode CPU "OC": 64 Celcius (Increased CPU from 1020Mhz to 1785Mhz)
Docked mode CPU and GPU "OC": 67 Celsius( Increased CPU as above, and GPU from 768Mhz to 921Mhz)
Offcource in handheld mode you get even less GPU speed than stock docked mode...

Take a look here if you want to learn a little more about "oc":

Would I need to overclock for N64 emulation? I can't seem to find footage of people running games like Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Starfox 64, etc, and could only find footage on Youtube of games that aren't the big N64 staples like I just listed, one of biggest reasons why I wanna mod my switch is to play N64 games on the go with it.

mike013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys i would like to ask for assistance regarding my goldleaf 0.3

i succesfully downgraded my switch from 9.1.0 to 9.0.1 for the reason that my gold leaf will work again

Issue: the cursor wont move even i press the down button :(

and the method on re installation of goldleaf is to overwrite the goldleaf.nro under the switch folder correct?

Crumblebee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i would like to ask for assistance regarding my goldleaf 0.3

i succesfully downgraded my switch from 9.1.0 to 9.0.1 for the reason that my gold leaf will work again

Issue: the cursor wont move even i press the down button :(

and the method on re installation of goldleaf is to overwrite the goldleaf.nro under the switch folder correct?

Why you are using such an old version of goldleaf when it's on 0.8 now try updating to the latest version to see if that fixes the problem and yes all you need to do is overwrite the nro in the switch folder

Would I need to overclock for N64 emulation? I can't seem to find footage of people running games like Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Starfox 64, etc, and could only find footage on Youtube of games that aren't the big N64 staples like I just listed, one of biggest reasons why I wanna mod my switch is to play N64 games on the go with it.

Reactions: mike013

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why you are using such an old version of goldleaf when it's on 0.8 now try updating to the latest version to see if that fixes the problem and yes all you need to do is overwrite the nro in the switch folder

wow so it runs pretty well then huh? I wish I knew if his switch was overclocked to get it to run that well though in those videos. Would I be better off getting a something like this for N64 emulation though?

i'm not really sure if this is a console or just controller attachments for a phone though..

Last edited by kbf,

maraxion

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'm not really sure if this is a console or just controller attachments for a phone though..[/QUOTE]

Its a phone. The border around the screen isto thin, and you can see the camera in the upper left side.

Nokocchi52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated in a while.

What is the most current official firmware that is compatible with CFW and are the any files I need(don't need links, just names of files or programs) to update from 8.0.1-0.0 to the latest compatible one. I most just want to add the latest patch of SwSh(which I already have on top of cart versions of both games) to my hacked switch, which I heard requires 9.1.0 or something like that.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games you listed run full speed with the proper setting without “overclocking”.
Games that need/heavily benefit from framebuffer emulation do need some “overclocking”.

Also the “overclocking” options provided are safe :P

Alessandro98

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there a way to hide "boot stock" and "boot cfw sysNAND" in hekate so I don't risk using those by mistake and thus end up "staining" my clean sysNAND?
Moreover, if by mistake I install something to the nand and not to the micro SD when I'm using emuMMC, will this "stain" sysNAND or it won't be detected since I did it while in emuMMC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...