Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have a Switch with the serial XKJ70009648251 on system firmware 9.1.0.

Yes I'm aware its fully 100% patched accounting to the serial spreadsheet on some other thread but I was wondering if there is chance in the near future of a new exploit discovered on the switch's new motherboard.

If I'm forced to buy a another (used switch) should I aim to get the mini or regular one?
There might be a modchip solution for your Switch released by TX sometime in the future, but it could be months or longer before that happens, and it's probably going to require disassembly of your Switch, as well as specialized hardware you'll have to purchase. It will probably be years, if ever, before there's an actual exploit discovered for your Switch. If you care about hacking, you should get rid of this one and buy an unpatched model. Always check the serial number before making a purchase. The Switch Lite is also currently unhackable.

Samson29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There might be a modchip solution for your Switch released by TX sometime in the future, but it could be months or longer before that happens, and it's probably going to require disassembly of your Switch, as well as specialized hardware you'll have to purchase. It will probably be years, if ever, before there's an actual exploit discovered for your Switch. If you care about hacking, you should get rid of this one and buy an unpatched model. Always check the serial number before making a purchase. The Switch Lite is also currently unhackable.

Ah I see, thank you for the advice, I'll deffo look into getting a another main switch with the right unpatched serial and the lowest firmware version so I dont get into jam again.

I just needed a way to grab the save file from my Pokemon sword to use PKHEX and need to install home brew app Checkpoint.

BTW, Apologies for the triple posting, I was posting my first post before needing to sign in and produced three posts from going back a page three times lol.

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC is initially a copy of your sysMMC so everything including save data will be carried over. However once the initial setup is done, emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another. So any new save data created in either sysMMC or emuMMC will not be carried over to the other.

Thank you! I'll probably just keep my physical cartridge games separate then, and play those only on sysNAND.

I haven't messed around with EdiZon or Checkpoint too much yet, but I'm guessing I can't transfer saves between the two MMCs without having Checkpoint/EdiZon on both, correct?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you! I'll probably just keep my physical cartridge games separate then, and play those only on sysNAND.

I haven't messed around with EdiZon or Checkpoint too much yet, but I'm guessing I can't transfer saves between the two MMCs without having Checkpoint/EdiZon on both, correct?
Correct

Reactions: TeeReQs

xamlsora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any ways to move installed NSP game from SD card to an external hard drive or laptop so I can copy them back later to save space. I deleted all the game and updates NSP files by mistake in my laptop and I really don't want to search for 50 games again. Thank you.

ArronLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
my devices is 100% patched in system 4.1,but i am update it with physical cartridge games to system 5.1. = , =
so,is that any cfw to hack my swith now?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm wondering if there are any ways to move installed NSP game from SD card to an external hard drive or laptop so I can copy them back later to save space. I deleted all the game and updates NSP files by mistake in my laptop and I really don't want to search for 50 games again. Thank you.
Things get a little messy, not to mention inconvenient, when you're moving installed games to your computer and then back to the SD card, but yes, it can be done. It is recommended that you get a bigger SD card instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my devices is 100% patched in system 4.1,but i am update it with physical cartridge games to system 5.1. = , =
so,is that any cfw to hack my swith now?
If your Switch is patched and it's on 5.x or higher, it is currently unhackable. TX might come out with a modchip solution, but it could be a long time before it comes out, and it will probably require disassembly of the Switch and special hardware you will need to purchase. if you care about hacking your Switch, you should get rid of this one and buy an unpatched model.

ArronLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Things get a little messy, not to mention inconvenient, when you're moving installed games to your computer and then back to the SD card, but yes, it can be done. It is recommended that you get a bigger SD card instead.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If your Switch is patched and it's on 5.x or higher, it is currently unhackable. TX might come out with a modchip solution, but it could be a long time before it comes out, and it will probably require disassembly of the Switch and special hardware you will need to purchase. if you care about hacking your Switch, you should get rid of this one and buy an unpatched model.

Thank you .is that Deja-vu exploit theoretically works on 7.0 ,but need to wait for CFW ?

Artesians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two Nintendo Switches - one with OFW and normal, another with CFW. Is it possible to transfer saves using the Switch's data transfer between the EmuMMC on my hacked Switch to a normal Switch?

astrogrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just bought a new switch so I can hack my launch switch which is not patched. Should I transfer my users off that switch with all the saves etc to a new switch first or is it safe to do it after load Custom Firmware? I am mainly worried about my pokmon saves. I would like to be able to back up my pokemon save however, but only if I can do it safely without risk of losing all the hours I have put in. I do want to be able to go online with pokemon. Can users be transferred after the process without risk of a ban?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new switch so I can hack my launch switch which is not patched. Should I transfer my users off that switch with all the saves etc to a new switch first or is it safe to do it after load Custom Firmware? I am mainly worried about my pokmon saves. I would like to be able to back up my pokemon save however, but only if I can do it safely without risk of losing all the hours I have put in. I do want to be able to go online with pokemon. Can users be transferred after the process without risk of a ban?
I mean you can but you can also use homebrew to backup your save data.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you .is that Deja-vu exploit theoretically works on 7.0 ,but need to wait for CFW ?
It could be months or years, if ever, before it works with 7.x. In the meantime, you will be unable to update your Switch or connect it to the internet. Waiting around for it is not recommended.

nar001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hacked my switch using nh-server.github[dot]io so I have an emunand now. But the guide says to not connect to the internet with the hacked Emunand, but it also asks to be updated, what am I supposed to do? Can I connect to the internet without getting banned? Thanks!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I hacked my switch using nh-server.github[dot]io so I have an emunand now. But the guide says to not connect to the internet with the hacked Emunand, but it also asks to be updated, what am I supposed to do? Can I connect to the internet without getting banned? Thanks!
You can update offline with ChoiDujourNX.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work