Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
It only displays the current account. You have to change it if you want to backup/restores saves with another account.

didnt give those users a proper account although they can play fine with their own save files. Went back to older version and can select user from within checkpoint

SolLiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would you find a 3.0.0 switch at? All the stores that I check have new boxes or no switchs at all. Im not really good with buying online , so cant tell what place would be good source for them without me buying one incorrectly.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would you find a 3.0.0 switch at? All the stores that I check have new boxes or no switchs at all. Im not really good with buying online , so cant tell what place would be good source for them without me buying one incorrectly.
First, there's no reason to specifically get a 3.0.0 Switch. You want to get an unpatched Switch, and you can do this by comparing the serial number to the database before making an purchase. You can find unpatched systems on eBay, Craigslist, second-hand stores, etc.

SolLiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, there's no reason to specifically get a 3.0.0 Switch. You want to get an unpatched Switch, and you can do this by comparing the serial number to the database before making an purchase. You can find unpatched systems on eBay, Craigslist, second-hand stores, etc.

I think i found place with some online.

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was installing games and installed one that corrupted and I deleted it and reloaded to payload. Now when I launch EmuMMC I get “Uknown pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!”. Sys and sys atmo works but only EmuMMC gets that error. Now fooling around with stuff and after redoing my SD besides my default Nintendo folder and my EmuMMC folder stayed. But if I run locking or incog they both say the same about EmuMMC. Is my EmuMMC ruined now or can I save it? I don’t want to lose the games installed as my internet isn’t the best.

I made a post with this but figured I'd post here to as i was supposed to in the first place(sorry) there are some pictures there but I think this is an emummc problem with keys probably

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was installing games and installed one that corrupted and I deleted it and reloaded to payload. Now when I launch EmuMMC I get “Uknown pkg1 version. Failed to launch HOS!”. Sys and sys atmo works but only EmuMMC gets that error. Now fooling around with stuff and after redoing my SD besides my default Nintendo folder and my EmuMMC folder stayed. But if I run locking or incog they both say the same about EmuMMC. Is my EmuMMC ruined now or can I save it? I don’t want to lose the games installed as my internet isn’t the best.

I made a post with this but figured I'd post here to as i was supposed to in the first place(sorry) there are some pictures there but I think this is an emummc problem with keys probably
Which version of Atmosphere are you using?

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no way of knowing when you did so, so it might be a good idea to check.
That would have been today.

Edit: my thing is both stock and cfw stock work. Everything was put back on the same. All with new versions. Lockpick_RCM and Incognito_RCM say the same about the pkg1. I think it may be something in my EmuMMC. I used to be able to run both those on it before.

I’m using Hekate 5.1.1 and atmo 0.10.1 master

Last edited by TragicKnight,

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I hacked my switch I was using a 128gb microSD card. When I put CFW on it, I used a new 512gb card. Aside from backing up the Nintendo folder from my 128gb card, I haven't touched it. If I take out my CFW microSD and insert my original card, will the switch boot up normally into sysNAND just as it was before i installed CFW?

I also have another 200gb microSD that I'd like to use for more storage for backups. If I format the card to fat32, and copy the contents from my 512gb card will it be business as usual when booting into emuMMC?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Before I hacked my switch I was using a 128gb microSD card. When I put CFW on it, I used a new 512gb card. Aside from backing up the Nintendo folder from my 128gb card, I haven't touched it. If I take out my CFW microSD and insert my original card, will the switch boot up normally into sysNAND just as it was before i installed CFW?

I also have another 200gb microSD that I'd like to use for more storage for backups. If I format the card to fat32, and copy the contents from my 512gb card will it be business as usual when booting into emuMMC?
If you ever booted with CFW to your SysNAND, you can't clean it with simply swapping the micro sd cards. You would need to restore a clean NAND backup.

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ever booted with CFW to your SysNAND, you can't clean it with simply swapping the micro sd cards. You would need to restore a clean NAND backup.
I haven't booted sysNAND with CFW. Basically what I'm asking what is the best way to have 3 sd cards, with two of them being for homebrew, and one being for OFW to play online. Right now I have a 128gb card that I had in my clean switch, I used a 512gb for when i installed CFW, and i also have a 200gb that I would like to use as more storage for backups.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I haven't booted sysNAND with CFW. Basically what I'm asking what is the best way to have 3 sd cards, with two of them being for homebrew, and one being for OFW to play online. Right now I have a 128gb card that I had in my clean switch, I used a 512gb for when i installed CFW, and i also have a 200gb that I would like to use as more storage for backups.
For your case: You need EmuNAND. You play with clean SysNAND online and use EmuNAND offline. You can always switch the sd cards. You're mixing up something here. Before you have asked if it is possible to simply swap the micro sd cards to boot to OFW. That's not possible. You also don't have to swap micro sd cards to boot to OFW since if you install EmuNAND, your SysNAND will use a different Nintendo folder than your EmuNAND.

RoyalLemons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been out of the loop for a very long time.

I'm curious as to the nature of emummc. Is it like in the 3ds' old days where you had the option to boot the sysnand with stock stuff and emunand to boot anything homebrew related?

Also I have an up to date original switch (not revised), am I able to hack my switch at the moment?

I understand the recovery mode method cannot be patched, though is custom firmware and other useful homebrew compatible with the most recent version? Plus, can I even have emummc set up on my switch?

Thank you to anyone who is able to grant me understanding.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've been out of the loop for a very long time.

I'm curious as to the nature of emummc. Is it like in the 3ds' old days where you had the option to boot the sysnand with stock stuff and emunand to boot anything homebrew related?

Also I have an up to date original switch (not revised), am I able to hack my switch at the moment?

I understand the recovery mode method cannot be patched, though is custom firmware and other useful homebrew compatible with the most recent version? Plus, can I even have emummc set up on my switch?

Thank you to anyone who is able to grant me understanding.
You can use hekate and make boot entries. One for stock and one for CFW EmuMMC. Kosmos includes a hekate_ipl.ini file with these boot entries. If you own an old switch (not patched), you can hack it on any firmware. Check your serial number here: ismyswitchpatched.com. You can set up EmuMMC on every switch which is hackable.

Reactions: RoyalLemons

Serjav

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi guys, I'm new with all these and trying to understand if my problem is a FW compatibility or just me.

I recently purchased a R4S Dongle and installed everything like the website says, but it's not working. I'm wondering if it's due to the FW version of my switch 9.1.0 and the Dongle UF2 file seems to be compatible with the 8.1.0 only (It says like that on the website) , or maybe I'm just missing something.

Somebody uses the R4S Dongle with FW 9.1.0? Thanks a lot.

TeeReQs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your case: You need EmuNAND. You play with clean SysNAND online and use EmuNAND offline. You can always switch the sd cards. You're mixing up something here. Before you have asked if it is possible to simply swap the micro sd cards to boot to OFW. That's not possible. You also don't have to swap micro sd cards to boot to OFW since if you install EmuNAND, your SysNAND will use a different Nintendo folder than your EmuNAND.

I think I am confusing myself a bit. Let me see if I can get this straight.

-OFW is baked into system, and doesn't have anything to do with the microSD
-I installed CFW on my new microSD and created an emuNAND from the stock sysNAND image
-When I bootload hekate and choose emuMMC it boots from my microSD into Atmosphere
-When i choose sysNAND from hekate it will boot into the switch's OFW from the system itself
-If I want to have another microSD on CFW with more storage with emuNAND the best thing would be to create another copy of sysNAND like I did when I originally hacked my switch.
-For OFW I should use my original microSD which has my legitimate game downloads and content from before I hacked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo