Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dizzy117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you have a functional emuNAND with all of your backups, follow these steps to "clean" your sysNAND (this might not work, and as I said earlier, there's a good chance it's too late for you and you will be banned if you already connected to the internet).

So I completed the first guide, made my back ups, and now Im trying to "clean" my sysNAND by following that 2nd guide you linked. But by following that guide HacDiskMount cannot open my emmu backup .bin files I saved nor can I write to any eMMC drives without formatting the drive first. I also don't know what "Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2" means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I completed the first guide, made my back ups, and now Im trying to "clean" my sysNAND by following that 2nd guide you linked. But by following that guide HacDiskMount cannot open my emmu backup .bin files I saved nor can I write to any eMMC drives without formatting the drive first. I also don't know what "Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2" means.
Go to this guide and do the following steps in order:
  1. Step 2
  2. Step 4
  3. Step 8.1
  4. Step 8.4
Next, follow this part of Step 8.7:
STEP 8.7: Transferring the FILES for SYSTEM
Still in HacDiskMount, double click on SYSTEM, Test the key, if its green, continue
Mount the partition the same way you did before, by choosing a drive letter, checking "Passthrough zeroes", and clicking on Mount
After that, do the following:
You will have:

Contents
save
saveMeta (maybe)

1) Delete saveMeta folder if it exists.
2) Go in to save, delete everything apart from 8000000000000120 - you will want to complete initial setup when booted!
3) Go into Contents/placehld. Delete anything that may be in here (probably empty)
4) Go to SD card, delete Nintendo folder. It is now useless.

Unmount, boot. Done.
Edit: In case it wasn't clear, this might not work. It might be impossible to return to a truly clean state without a clean NAND backup, considering the possible mismatch between your system and what Nintendo already has on file for your system. That's why it's important to follow instructions. However, this is probably the best you can do, and without a clean NAND backup, there probably isn't any additional harm in trying.

Last edited by Lacius,

dizzy117

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mount the emmc in hacdiskmount.

For 100% clean emmc...

Mount SYSTEM, bis key 2.

Go to this guide and do the following steps in order:
  1. Step 2
  2. Step 4
  3. Step 8.1
  4. Step 8.4
Next, follow this part of Step 8.7:

After that, do the following:

Edit: In case it wasn't clear, this might not work. It might be impossible to return to a truly clean state without a clean NAND backup, considering the possible mismatch between your system and what Nintendo already has on file for your system. That's why it's important to follow instructions. However, this is probably the best you can do, and without a clean NAND backup, there probably isn't any additional harm in trying.

Thank you. So far success. I have completed the initialization setup and I'm re downloading CTR through the eshop on my account. Once that is done ill load into Atmosphere with 90DNS and restore my NSPs I had installed but this time on the proper emmuNAND instead of sysNAND.

McApple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed Atmosphere 0.9.2 on my Switch and it was working perfectly but when I had to power down to take out the SD card and add some emulators and ROMs once I powered back on it didn't load back into Atmosphere. Is there a procedure to get CFW to load when powering the Switch On?

Maxwellkiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello every one
I use an emunand on sd files with atmosphere but the loading times/saves are long/slow , I think i've read that I need to do a emunand with partition on fat32 to solve this problem, is it correct?
So i need to format my sd card and make a backup of all my save in ordre to do this right?
Thanks

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a physical version of Lets go Pikachu but it will not work on my SXOS Switch (updated to latest firmware) without an update downloaded. I have an update NSP file for the game but its not showing on my SXOS installations tab.

If I was to download the full game NSP file, update it and then delete the game, would the update still be on my switch?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before i backup boot0 and .. i enabled auto crm So Is it safe backup or not?
Yes, it is safe to backup. If you restore your BOOT0/1 backups, it just means you will have AutoRCM installed after the restore. It will still be a functional backup.

Reactions: uvwl

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is safe to backup. If you restore your BOOT0/1 backups, it just means you will have AutoRCM installed after the restore. It will still be a functional backup.
Thanks a galaxy,
And an extra noob question, my ofw version is 4.1.0 i am hacking my switch now..in your opinion which frimware is most stable to me??
I am going to install 8.1.0 is it safe or use older frimware??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. So far success. I have completed the initialization setup and I'm re downloading CTR through the eshop on my account. Once that is done ill load into Atmosphere with 90DNS and restore my NSPs I had installed but this time on the proper emmuNAND instead of sysNAND.
Did you make the emuNAND first, like I said in this post:
Excuse me. I thought you said you had a backup. By not making a backup, you opened yourself up to an irreparable brick. It's also going to make returning to a clean state difficult (if not impossible). Before you do anything else, you should make a NAND backup now using Hekate.

If you've connected to the internet using your dirty sysNAND you installed NSP files to, there is a good chance you're going to be banned sometime in the near future.

I recommend following the steps below to clean your NAND, but there's a chance it doesn't matter at this point:
  1. Make a NAND backup with Hekate if you haven't already
  2. If it's connected to the internet, disconnect your Switch from the internet, since it's dirty
  3. Follow this guide to create an emuNAND
  4. Once you have a functional emuNAND with all of your backups, follow these steps to "clean" your sysNAND (this might not work, and as I said earlier, there's a good chance it's too late for you and you will be banned if you already connected to the internet). Alternatively, you could follow this guide to wipe your Switch, doing the system initialize option when available.
If you did, and the emuNAND is a copy of your dirty sysNAND, you can just move the /Nintendo/ folder to the proper location, and you won't have to reinstall anything on the dirty emuNAND.

I just installed Atmosphere 0.9.2 on my Switch and it was working perfectly but when I had to power down to take out the SD card and add some emulators and ROMs once I powered back on it didn't load back into Atmosphere. Is there a procedure to get CFW to load when powering the Switch On?
You must push fusee-primary or Hekate each time you want to want to boot into Atmosphere after powering off the system completely. It is recommended that you keep your Switch in sleep mode when you're not using it so you only have to do this if you're doing something like removing the SD card.

If you're looking for a more convenient way to enter RCM, I suggest installing AutoRCM if you haven't done so already. If you're looking for a convenient way to push a payload like fusee-primary, I recommend using an Android phone or buying a cheap USB dongle. Alternatively, you could install a modchip that will automatically push something like Hekate each time you power on the system, but most people don't find it worth the effort.

Hello every one
I use an emunand on sd files with atmosphere but the loading times/saves are long/slow , I think i've read that I need to do a emunand with partition on fat32 to solve this problem, is it correct?
So i need to format my sd card and make a backup of all my save in ordre to do this right?
Thanks
You should follow this guide to create an emuNAND if you haven't done so already:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

im still getting the error code 2101-0001 even after restoring my nand. im starting to think its a hardware issue
If you haven't done so, reformat your SD card with SD Formatter. Also, put your Switch into airplane mode to disable the wireless connections. If the error persists, I imagine it is hardware related.

I have a physical version of Lets go Pikachu but it will not work on my SXOS Switch (updated to latest firmware) without an update downloaded. I have an update NSP file for the game but its not showing on my SXOS installations tab.
Put the update NSP onto your SD card and try installing the update NSP using DZ Tinfoil.
https://tinfoil.io/

If I was to download the full game NSP file, update it and then delete the game, would the update still be on my switch?
If you're using hacks with this NAND, you shouldn't be connecting to the internet without blocking Nintendo's servers, which makes using the eShop impossible. Otherwise, you risk being banned.

Thanks a galaxy,
And an extra noob question, my ofw version is 4.1.0 i am hacking my switch now..in your opinion which frimware is most stable to me??
I am going to install 8.1.0 is it safe or use older frimware??
Assuming your Switch is unpatched, you need to pick which exploit you prefer. Do you want to use the RCM exploit (fusee gelee), or do you want to use the warmboot browser exploit (Deja Vu)? That will determine whether or not you can update your sysNAND.

If your Switch is ipatched, you cannot update your sysNAND. If you were able to install AutoRCM successfully, then you're obviously not ipatched.

Last edited by Lacius,

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I just made a Nand backup on a new Switch 2.3.0 with autoRCM on, should i make a new backup with autoRCM off instead, or does it not matter?
Yup it does matter somehow.
Your pre-cfw NAND backup should be as clean as possible. AutoRCM corrupts some byte data by forcing the console to boot into RCM, hereby meaning that the NAND got modified somehow.

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming your Switch is unpatched, you need to pick which exploit you prefer. Do you want to use the RCM exploit (fusee gelee), or do you want to use the warmboot browser exploit (Deja Vu)? That will determine whether or not you can update your sysNAND.

If your Switch is ipatched, you cannot update your sysNAND.
My switch is unpatched i downloaded a payload(fusee-test.bin) from a site there was a tutorial about how can u sure about is your switch patched or not .. i sent this pay load and a success message displayed on my switch SO i'm sure it is unpatched
I'm going to use fusee gelee, in your opinion which version is more stable?

Last edited by uvwl,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is unpatched i downloaded a payload(fusee-test.bin) from a site there was a tutorial about how can u sure about is your switch patched or not .. i send this pay load and a success message displayed on my switch SO i sure it is unpatched
I'm going to use fusee gelee in your opinion which version is more stable
I recommend the RCM exploit (fusee gelee), but it's a matter of personal preference. If you've picked fusee gelee as your exploit, then there is no need to stay on 4.1.0, and you should update to 8.1.0. You can, however, preserve your fuse count by installing AutoRCM, which will allow you to downgrade back to 4.1.0 in the future. If you don't care about Deja Vu, then there's probably no reason why you would ever want to downgrade to 4.1.0. AutoRCM also serves as a very convenient way to enter RCM.

If you care about online play, then you also need to create an emuNAND for all hackery. If you don't care about online play, then you don't need to make an emuNAND.

If you haven't already done so, the first thing you should do now is make a NAND backup, including BOOT0/1.

Yup it does matter somehow.
Your pre-cfw NAND backup should be as clean as possible. AutoRCM corrupts some byte data by forcing the console to boot into RCM, hereby meaning that the NAND got modified somehow.
It's a matter of personal preference. There is no ban risk or "dirtiness" associated with AutoRCM being installed, since BCT-verification occurs outside Horizon. Uninstalling AutoRCM using Hekate also returns BOOT to normal with no trace of AutoRCM ever having been installed. In addition, if AutoRCM is already installed, then there's no real difference between "removing AutoRCM and then making a backup" and "restoring a backup with AutoRCM installed and then uninstalling it," if the goal is to not have it after the NAND restore. All that really matters is that the NAND is functional when the backup is made, with or without AutoRCM. If the goal is to have a clean NAND backup (for online play), AutoRCM is irrelevant.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: NoNAND and uvwl

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend the RCM exploit (fusee gelee), but it's a matter of personal preference. If you've picked fusee gelee as your exploit, then there is no need to stay on 4.1.0, and you should update to 8.1.0. You can, however, preserve your fuse count by installing AutoRCM, which will allow you to downgrade back to 4.1.0 in the future. If you don't care about Deja Vu, then there's probably no reason why you would ever want to downgrade to 4.1.0. AutoRCM also serves as a very convenient way to enter RCM.

If you care about online play, then you also need to create an emuNAND for all hackery. If you don't care about online play, then you don't need to make an emuNAND.

If you haven't already done so, the first thing you should do now is make a NAND backup, including BOOT0/1.
I have already made a backup include the key, and have already enabled auto rcm in Hekate so is it necessary check prevent fuse burning in ChoiDujourNXv or not?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have already made a backup include the key, and have already enabled auto rcm in Hekate so is it necessary check prevent fuse burning in ChoiDujourNXv or not?
If you want to keep AutoRCM installed and prevent your fuses from being burnt, yes, you have to check "prevent fuse burning." It should be checked by default.

A system update with ChoiDujourNX will remove AutoRCM if you don't reinstall it during the update by having that option checked.

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to keep AutoRCM installed and prevent your fuses from being burnt, yes, you have to check "prevent fuse burning." It should be checked by default.

A system update with ChoiDujourNX will remove AutoRCM if you don't reinstall it during the update by having that option checked.
I sent this payload hekate_ctcaer_5.0.1_Nyx_0.8.1 then selected lunch cfw after that a cosmos logo flashed then screen went black..tegrarcmgui shows me it is on rcm mode but wont accept any payload
what happened?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent this payload hekate_ctcaer_5.0.1_Nyx_0.8.1 then selected lunch cfw after that a cosmos logo flashed then screen went black..tegrarcmgui shows me it is on rcm mode but wont accept any payload
what happened?
You need to be specific. Is this after the update with ChoiDujourNX? Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? Did you install the exFAT version of 8.1.0?

uvwl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be specific. Is this after the update with ChoiDujourNX? Is your SD card formatted as exFAT? Did you install the exFAT version of 8.1.0?
I pushed the off/on button for 15 second and it is ok now it accept the payload.
As i mentioned before i am on OFW 4.1.0 i used a tutorial on switch.homebrew.guide site i have copied the files from sdsetup to my exfat sd card..
I prefer use ChoiDujourNXv to update now what should i do ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay