Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Drobbo84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I really want to play the wind waker, having looked into it emulation seems pretty poor but i came across Lakka. Has anyone had any experience of it. Is it any good?

ShinyAxe

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I had a quick question related to CFW and transfering to a new system. In the future i plan to make backups of my games before transfering everything to a new switch system running OFW. However would i need to restore my nand before transferring or is it fine to transfer to a new system while running CFW?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i know there is a way to connect PS4 controller to a switch using phone, but i can't find the thread
any help?

to be precise, i need super noob guide of how to use that tool, not for me but for my friend that don't understand everything
a video guide, and a good one, i know people hate video guides because they usually old, but my friend don't want to read, she want to see it happens in front of her.

Last edited by aos10,

IbnRami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Noob over 9000

I'm at 6.1.0 and have switched from a previous ReiNXto te current 12.2 Kosmos but now I cannot launch games. I'm able to go into the home bru menu by holding R but the games do not launch. I just get the messege: Could not start the software. - Please try again from the HOME menu.

What damn key must I press to get the game to start? Feeling dumb.

Enviado de meu SM-T585 usando o Tapatalk

gavinfriday

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The very first time you start mario rabbids kingdom battle, it will ask for a subtitle language. After that there is a "Language" option in the main menu. Is the only Language available English or can you use that to change the subtitle language?

it only gives me the english one. i read on the ubisoft site that dutch subtitle is not on the cartridge but available as a download option.
so how can i download it if i don't want to go online with cfw.
If i would update an original cartridge it would force me to update to the latest one what I do not intend to do.
So what can I do.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is maybe a silly question... but I've seen a lot of people on this forum talking about updating my switches firmware WITHOUT burning my fuses... but as far as I know a switch automatically burns a fuse every time it is updated?

I've been getting by on my switch just playing older switch games on my older firmware, but well I just watched the nintendo direct and I'm pretty hype for the releases coming later this summer/fall and I assume a lot of these new game carts will come with firmware updates on the cart?

So what does updating a firmware without burning a fuse mean? is this a feature CFW's have? some sort of trick involving a paperclip or holding down random buttons? getting the update from some non-official source? does it require a game cart with the firmware you want?

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it only gives me the english one. i read on the ubisoft site that dutch subtitle is not on the cartridge but available as a download option.
so how can i download it if i don't want to go online with cfw.
If i would update an original cartridge it would force me to update to the latest one what I do not intend to do.
So what can I do.
So it looks like the extra languages are available as a generic update to the game. So just obtain/download the ribbidsKingdomBattleUpdate.nsp from somewhere and install it with Goldleaf v0.5. Just update the game normally basically.

I know this is maybe a silly question... but I've seen a lot of people on this forum talking about updating my switches firmware WITHOUT burning my fuses... but as far as I know a switch automatically burns a fuse every time it is updated?

Burning fuses is part of the bootroom code. That part of the code compares the OFW with the number of currently burned fuses on the console and, if applicable, burns up to as many as specified in the OFW. If there are too many fuses burnt, the console will just shut down and the OFW will not start at all.

This part of the bootrom is not executed when the console is put into recovery mode. Automatic recovery mode (AutoRCM) can be enabled by an option in Hekate (a 3rd party payload with various functions) to bypass it in a reversible but still semi-permanent way. So anytime you boot CFW (which requires being launched from recovery mode due to how the FG exploit works), it will not burn any fuses.

The paperclip thing or a "Jig" is only involved because one is required to enter recovery mode initially to enable Auto recovery mode in the Hekate options. After that, no fuses will ever be burnt. The only way to burn fuses after that is to disable autoRCM and cold boot OFW on the console.

edit: typos

Last edited by Itsuki235,
Reactions: namad

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having trouble getting new game installs to work recently. It started after I installed an update for Skyrim, after that some games I had installed stopped loading and just said try to load again from the home menu. Deleting the tickets in goldleaf solves this, but any new installs don't load if I install them to sd card. It just asks me to set up my internet settings and refuses to load, but they work fine if installed to the system memory. Any ideas whats wrong?
Try using Adubbz Tinfoil to install the .NSP files. Goldleaf has known to be a bit buggy.

Hi I really want to play the wind waker, having looked into it emulation seems pretty poor but i came across Lakka. Has anyone had any experience of it. Is it any good?
Just use CEMU. Decent Gamecube emulation may take years if ever.

Hello! I had a quick question related to CFW and transfering to a new system. In the future i plan to make backups of my games before transfering everything to a new switch system running OFW. However would i need to restore my nand before transferring or is it fine to transfer to a new system while running CFW?
Might be a good idea to restore your NAND backup before the transfer as I get the feeling you don't want to transfer traces of CFW to the target console.

OK, I've done it. Is it safe to go online now, or should I wait for public emuNAND/get SXOS Pro?
Well, public EmuNAND is out for Atmosphere :P

Noob over 9000

I'm at 6.1.0 and have switched from a previous ReiNXto te current 12.2 Kosmos but now I cannot launch games. I'm able to go into the home bru menu by holding R but the games do not launch. I just get the messege: Could not start the software. - Please try again from the HOME menu.

What damn key must I press to get the game to start? Feeling dumb.

Enviado de meu SM-T585 usando o Tapatalk
Why did you switch from ReiNX to Kosmos? Just switch back to ReiNX as it can do everything Kosmos can do but with less steps and files.

I've been getting by on my switch just playing older switch games on my older firmware, but well I just watched the nintendo direct and I'm pretty hype for the releases coming later this summer/fall and I assume a lot of these new game carts will come with firmware updates on the cart?

So what does updating a firmware without burning a fuse mean? is this a feature CFW's have? some sort of trick involving a paperclip or holding down random buttons? getting the update from some non-official source? does it require a game cart with the firmware you want?
Every time the console is turned on, the bootloader checks the number of burnt fuses with the current firmware. If they match, the console boots. If the number of fuses is lower than the firmware, then it burns fuses until they match the firmware. If the number of fuses is higher than the firmware, the console will refuse to boot and the screen will stay black (imagine a soft brick which you can exit by performing a manual shutdown AKA holding power for 12 seconds). A list of fuses and their respective firmware versions can be found here. Typically a new fuse is burnt upon every major firmware update. Minor updates, such as ones that are in increments of a decimal point, do not typically burn fuses but there are always exceptions to the rule.

There are a couple of different ways to update without burning fuses. The easiest is with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. There are other ways such as the PC version of ChoiDujourNX which is ChoiDujour or manually rebooting to RCM after the system update is done. However all methods end up requiring your Switch to have AutoRCM enabled after the firmware is installed. The reason for this is because AutoRCM prevents the console's stock bootloader from running and thus burning fuses. The payloads you send that boot CFW act as a substitute bootloader that prevents fuses from being burnt. You also cannot update your system online with AutoRCM enabled and prevent fuses from being burnt because system updates normally remove AutoRCM. However if you update online with AutoRCM enabled while running CFW, you can prevent fuses from being burnt because CFW prevents AutoRCM from being removed during online system updates (except SX OS). The problem is this method involves connecting the console online while running CFW which does present a ban risk so using ChoiDujourNX is still the best and easiest method for updating without burning fuses.

Reactions: namad and ShinyAxe

er3eroMKII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, a few questions.
1 - I'm a SX OS user, i've used choiNX to update my emuNAND from 6.2 to 8.0. I've choose exFAT and autoRCM. To my surprise when choi asked to reboot it send me to my OFW (currently 6.2), so did I burn my fuses? is it that bad? my backup nand is 6.2. What can I/need to do about it?
2 - Albeit I've messed up something, I can still boot my emuNAND and it's on fw 8.0 now. Everything works fine but a few nsp (not all of them) got corrupted. I'll reinstall them but, does this afect my saves? i really hope it doesn't.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, a few questions.
1 - I'm a SX OS user, i've used choiNX to update my emuNAND from 6.2 to 8.0. I've choose exFAT and autoRCM. To my surprise when choi asked to reboot it send me to my OFW (currently 6.2), so did I burn my fuses? is it that bad? my backup nand is 6.2. What can I/need to do about it?
2 - Albeit I've messed up something, I can still boot my emuNAND and it's on fw 8.0 now. Everything works fine but a few nsp (not all of them) got corrupted. I'll reinstall them but, does this afect my saves? i really hope it doesn't.
  1. Are you sure it was OFW? OFW and CFW look identical and the latest SX OS has reboot_to_payload so its possible you rebooted into CFW. Either way, you can check your current fuse count with Hekate -> Console Info -> Print Fuses. If you did burn fuses, your NAND backup is still good. You will just need to enable AutoRCM after the restore so you can send a payload/bootloader that bypasses the fuse check AKA any payload that boots CFW/OFW
  2. Saves are stored on the NAND not on the SD card

er3eroMKII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
  1. Are you sure it was OFW? OFW and CFW look identical and the latest SX OS has reboot_to_payload so its possible you rebooted into CFW. Either way, you can check your current fuse count with Hekate -> Console Info -> Print Fuses. If you did burn fuses, your NAND backup is still good. You will just need to enable AutoRCM after the restore so you can send a payload/bootloader that bypasses the fuse check AKA any payload that boots CFW/OFW
  2. Saves are stored on the NAND not on the SD card
It was on OFW, I've checked the system information to check the currently firmware and it said I was on 6.2. So right now i have ofw on 6.2 and emuNAND on 8.0.
On henkate it says "burnt fuses: 8/64"
What do you recommend i do next? My only concern is if I need to wipe out or change my SD card what would happen.

Demon1982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys me again, formatted the memory card to fat32 no issues.
I have now just injected hekate, done a full nand back up. However after this had finished I think the connection between my switch and PC was lost.
So I tried to boot back into RCM with the dongle and vol+ whilst plugging in the cable, but the switch just boots normally everytime.

So do I try to boot into hekate with the vol- and usb cable plugging in?

Im a bit stuck. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys me again, formatted the memory card to fat32 no issues.
I have now just injected hekate, done a full nand back up. However after this had finished I think the connection between my switch and PC was lost.
So I tried to boot back into RCM with the dongle and vol+ whilst plugging in the cable, but the switch just boots normally everytime.

So do I try to boot into hekate with the vol- and usb cable plugging in?

Im a bit stuck. Any help would be great.
Thanks.

If autoRCM is off, you need a jig.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was on OFW, I've checked the system information to check the currently firmware and it said I was on 6.2. So right now i have ofw on 6.2 and emuNAND on 8.0.
On henkate it says "burnt fuses: 8/64"
What do you recommend i do next? My only concern is if I need to wipe out or change my SD card what would happen.
8 fuses corresponds to a firmware of 6.2 which means you did not burn fuses when updated. You can check this page for a full list of firmware versions and their respective fuse counts.

I'm not sure why all of your games became corrupted after updating your firmware but if your SD card is exFAT, its possible your SD card became corrupted after the installation which will mean you will have to reinstall all of your games. It would also be a good time to format your SD card to FAT32 as it will not corrupt.

er3eroMKII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
8 fuses corresponds to a firmware of 6.2 which means you did not burn fuses when updated. You can check this page for a full list of firmware versions and their respective fuse counts.

I'm not sure why all of your games became corrupted after updating your firmware but if your SD card is exFAT, its possible your SD card became corrupted after the installation which will mean you will have to reinstall all of your games. It would also be a good time to format your SD card to FAT32 as it will not corrupt.
It was weird because it didn't corrupt ALL of my games only a few of them. Considering that, it would be wise from my part to install autoRCM?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was weird because it didn't corrupt ALL of my games only a few of them. Considering that, it would be wise from my part to install autoRCM?
Corruption doesn't always affect the entire SD card. Even if its only one game, corruption is a likely cause. And AutoRCM has nothing to do with your problem. If you remove it now, you will burn fuses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo