Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

magikarp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have an SX Pro which I have been using the past few months. I want to try N64 emulation (and maybe psx emulation), so I am wondering the best way to go about this.
Should I add atmosphere to my switch? Can I use both SX Pro and Atmosphere or since SX Pro I think I read now has JIT support, does that mean it is viable to use now for mupen64plus?

Thanks in advance

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I have an SX Pro which I have been using the past few months. I want to try N64 emulation (and maybe psx emulation), so I am wondering the best way to go about this.
Should I add atmosphere to my switch? Can I use both SX Pro and Atmosphere or since SX Pro I think I read now has JIT support, does that mean it is viable to use now for mupen64plus?

Thanks in advance
You can use both on the same micro sd card.

Reactions: magikarp7

MTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
@Draxzelex I'm running 70.1 and I have downloaded latest Atmosphere/Kosmos, replaced all files on SDCard preparing to upgrade to 8.0.1 but switch folder isn't recognised anymore also when I Inject the Hekate loader it booted CFW automatically so we are no longer able to backup stuff!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I follow updates about emunand on atmosphere?
Either stalk the Atmosphere GitHub repository or join the ReSwitched Discord server.

@Draxzelex I'm running 70.1 and I have downloaded latest Atmosphere/Kosmos, replaced all files on SDCard preparing to upgrade to 8.0.1 but switch folder isn't recognised anymore also when I Inject the Hekate loader it booted CFW automatically so we are no longer able to backup stuff!
Kosmos bundles now package Hekate with autoboot meaning you boot to CFW rather than navigating the Hekate screen. You can disable autoboot if you want by holding volume (-) when you send Hekate as the payload.

Reactions: MTG

grub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having trouble installing custom NSPs with the latest Atmosphere on 6.2.0. I've tried using Goldleaf and Tinfoil, both give the same "234c02" error. I have sigpatches, and all my currently installed titles work fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: It's inexplicably working now. No idea what fixed it.

Last edited by grub,

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you create an emunand how do you update sysnand and emunand? Is Sysnand updated using Nintendo and Emunand using choixdujour?

I'm on 6.x OFW right now, is it best to create an emunand based on that, then update sysnand/emunand; or update to the latest OFW then update each?

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
been ignoring all the goings on with switch for months i was on 5.1.0 and everything was working fine.
but i finally go to play new games and some are failing so i updated SXOS 1st, then used ChoiDujourNX to go to 8.0.1 and i thought everything was fine but

unfortunately now any NSP won't play, it keeps scanning for corrupt files but the XCIs work, did i do the update wrong or something?

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, everybody! This is my first post, as well as the first time as I do mod on my Switch.
The console has never been modified before. I decided to buy a license SX OS. The steps I have followed are as follows:

1- Inject the payload;
2- NAND backup;
3- To have the file "license-request" I had to start the CFW;
4- created the Emunand.

The console works well by starting the emunand, but now my questions are:

1- Can I restore the backup of Sysnand?
2- To start the OFW, I have to remove the sd card where there is the emunand?
Thank you!

Habibou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am on firmware 2.3.0 (using all the latest releases of all and everything) and everytime i try to launch atmosphere i have a blackscreen and when i try to launch reinx i have the message : failed to init sd card
can someone give some advice??
Thank you

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello, everybody! This is my first post, as well as the first time as I do mod on my Switch.
The console has never been modified before. I decided to buy a license SX OS. The steps I have followed are as follows:

1- Inject the payload;
2- NAND backup;
3- To have the file "license-request" I had to start the CFW;
4- created the Emunand.

The console works well by starting the emunand, but now my questions are:

1- Can I restore the backup of Sysnand?
2- To start the OFW, I have to remove the sd card where there is the emunand?
Thank you!
1) Yes you can always restore your backup.
2) No, you don’t need to remove it. If you have autoRCM installed, boot to OFW with payload. If you haven’t autoRCM installed, you can simply turn your console on without payload.

demonizer84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what can i do with a banned switch, ok so to my own fault i attempted playing about with my switch and to my own fault its now banned , and has been for a few months and it collects dust for the most part, i cant update anything, download from the e shop, get DLC, nothing of much use apart from play store bought games.

so what can i do with it, is there a simple way where i can still get game or system updates.

can back ups be downloaded and played, this is where i struggled last time, i couldnt transfer anything over a certain size to a memory card, and the games i did try out gave me errors ,crashed the system and i didnt get anywhere.

i was thinking of buying one of the xecuter dongle things, but in laymans terms if i make the purchase how simple are they to use, what exactly can i do.

in the future what are the possibilities of either paying for an unban or a mod being release where you can bypass the ban.

basically its all new to me and i have read forums and other posts but if someone would take the time to make things as head ache free as possible and give me some options that would be awesome.

Konohana_Lucia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been absent from the Switch scene for a while and I might as well have forgotten everything by now. Because I've been so lost, I've been avoiding playing the switch whatsoever to avoid screwing things up. I got homebrew running on the switch around August or September of last year and basically I wanted to know what are the big things I should be concerned about before using the switch again.

I am on version 4.1.0 and permanently in airplane mode, and I don't remember what applications I used, but I wanted to basically:
-Access eshop
-Update my games and buy/play DLC (Xenoblade 2 would be long out of date and I was not able to get any of the dlc back then)
-Safely "update" as in to make the Switch be able to play anything recent/released in the future and have access to recent features, but without losing any homebrew ability.
-Access save editors and cheats

I'm not interested in getting free games, but rather playing the ones I have.

I don't know how high the noob power level sounds in this post, but coming back now I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't know how to pick up where I left off.

From what I remember doing to get a save editor for Xeno 2 working:
-RCM jig into recovery mode
-Run the batch file (pics of the folders) below
-Something loads up and then Album is replaced with Homebrew Launcher

Browsing around, I see people mentioning Hekate, Atmosphere, ReiNX, but I'm not sure which I have if any. With that process alone, I don't think I've installed any CFWs.

Attachments

• explorer_2019-05-11_16-53-52.png
    explorer_2019-05-11_16-53-52.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 137
  • explorer_2019-05-11_16-59-26.png
    explorer_2019-05-11_16-59-26.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 106

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) Yes you can always restore your backup.
2) No, you don’t need to remove it. If you have autoRCM installed, boot to OFW with payload. If you haven’t autoRCM installed, you can simply turn your console on without payload.

Thank you!

I asked if I should remove or not the SD Card because if I want to go online with the OFW will not then be visible to Nintendo the directory sxos/emunand?

Thank you again for your answer!

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you!

I asked if I should remove or not the SD Card because if I want to go online with the OFW will not then be visible to Nintendo the directory sxos/emunand?

Thank you again for your answer!
You can install EmuNAND as hidden partition. Then it’s nearly impossible for Nintendo to detect. Afaik no one has been banned for the EmuNAND folder.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what can i do with a banned switch, ok so to my own fault i attempted playing about with my switch and to my own fault its now banned , and has been for a few months and it collects dust for the most part, i cant update anything, download from the e shop, get DLC, nothing of much use apart from play store bought games.

so what can i do with it, is there a simple way where i can still get game or system updates.

can back ups be downloaded and played, this is where i struggled last time, i couldnt transfer anything over a certain size to a memory card, and the games i did try out gave me errors ,crashed the system and i didnt get anywhere.

i was thinking of buying one of the xecuter dongle things, but in laymans terms if i make the purchase how simple are they to use, what exactly can i do.

in the future what are the possibilities of either paying for an unban or a mod being release where you can bypass the ban.

basically its all new to me and i have read forums and other posts but if someone would take the time to make things as head ache free as possible and give me some options that would be awesome.
You can download game updates and dlcs as nsp and install them. You don’t need an internet connection for updates. You can’t transfer games bigger than 4GB on your micro sd card because you use FAT32. Also FAT32 is recommended. So either split the games or use usb install.

Reactions: elohim1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once you create an emunand how do you update sysnand and emunand? Is Sysnand updated using Nintendo and Emunand using choixdujour?

I'm on 6.x OFW right now, is it best to create an emunand based on that, then update sysnand/emunand; or update to the latest OFW then update each?
The order doesn't really matter although if you create the EmuNAND now, you will have to update both NAND's manually whereas if you updated SysNAND before creating EmuNAND, both of them will be on the same firmware. Then it depends whether or not you want to burn fuses when you update which should be handled by updating SysNAND now with ChoiDujourNX or creating EmuNAND now then updating EmuNAND with ChoiDujourNX. If you don't care about fuses, update however you like.

been ignoring all the goings on with switch for months i was on 5.1.0 and everything was working fine.
but i finally go to play new games and some are failing so i updated SXOS 1st, then used ChoiDujourNX to go to 8.0.1 and i thought everything was fine but

unfortunately now any NSP won't play, it keeps scanning for corrupt files but the XCIs work, did i do the update wrong or something?
SX OS is having issues with .NSP files with the latest version. Either only use .XCI files or another CFW like ReiNX or Atmosphere.

I am on firmware 2.3.0 (using all the latest releases of all and everything) and everytime i try to launch atmosphere i have a blackscreen and when i try to launch reinx i have the message : failed to init sd card
can someone give some advice??
Thank you
How big is the SD card?

So I've been absent from the Switch scene for a while and I might as well have forgotten everything by now. Because I've been so lost, I've been avoiding playing the switch whatsoever to avoid screwing things up. I got homebrew running on the switch around August or September of last year and basically I wanted to know what are the big things I should be concerned about before using the switch again.

I am on version 4.1.0 and permanently in airplane mode, and I don't remember what applications I used, but I wanted to basically:
-Access eshop
-Update my games and buy/play DLC (Xenoblade 2 would be long out of date and I was not able to get any of the dlc back then)
-Safely "update" as in to make the Switch be able to play anything recent/released in the future and have access to recent features, but without losing any homebrew ability.
-Access save editors and cheats

I'm not interested in getting free games, but rather playing the ones I have.

I don't know how high the noob power level sounds in this post, but coming back now I feel a bit overwhelmed and don't know how to pick up where I left off.

From what I remember doing to get a save editor for Xeno 2 working:
-RCM jig into recovery mode
-Run the batch file (pics of the folders) below
-Something loads up and then Album is replaced with Homebrew Launcher

Browsing around, I see people mentioning Hekate, Atmosphere, ReiNX, but I'm not sure which I have if any. With that process alone, I don't think I've installed any CFWs.
If you have a NAND backup from before launching CFW/homebrew, now would be the time to restore it because this will make your system clean enough to access the eShop. If not, you risk a ban by bringing the console online. Regardless of whether you have a NAND backup or not, updating your firmware will never affect your ability to use CFW/homebrew because the current exploit is hardware-based aka the software/firmware you are running doesn't matter. While the exploit is firmware-agnostic, CFW/homebrew are not and may need to be updated to the latest firmware which is usually why its not a good idea to update to the latest firmware. Right now, the best firmware is 7.0.1 but access to the eShop requires 8.X so you have to make a decision. Lastly, you don't "install" CFW on the Switch. The exploit is a temporary tethered coldboot that gives you CFW/homebrew until you turn off or restart the console. From the images you posted, I have no idea what CFW is on your SD card however I can link you the guides to setting up one of the currently available CFW.

ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere via Kosmos: https://guide.sdsetup.com/
Atmosphere via Fusee: http://switchguide.xyz/

Reactions: Konohana_Lucia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.