Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi I'm not sure this is allowed but I'm trying
Install ssbu and whatever i install its corrupted, could someone point me in the direction of a patched version or a reliable ofw to update to.??

Which Installer are you using?

Do the installation part work and the game simple crashes when you try to boot the game or what?

If your are installing through an SD Card and it is formatted as exfat, check the card for possible corruption. I once installed Mario Party and the installation went smoothly, but the game kept crashing when I went in-game. Turned out the game had become corrupted because the Sd Card itself was corrupted.

How do i get back to Hekate after setting autoboot to Atmosphere? Help!

Hold Vol - when you see the autoboot splash screen and keep holding it until it boots to Hekate.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get it installed, but I already found a game that wants firmware 7.

I just updated to atmosphere, and just wondering if there was a way to update it to 7.0.1 as I don't know if I'm superbanned.

I don't care about burning fuses.

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I managed to get the game that requires FW 7.0 installed *it was a sega ages game*

and that tutorial doesn't work.. as I can't even go to the web page in the tutorial

Guess you don't need it for now then, but you could save it for later. In any case, try accessing it again. I just tested it myself and the site works fine. Took a few seconds to actually load, but it works.

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I would like to know if I'm in risk to be banned if I go into my sysnand (with OFW) and connect to the e-shop.

The only things I did was:

Execute Hekate to create backup from sysnand. Executed Sx Os to create another back up (just in case) + emunand.

Activated my SX license via online (from console sysnand)

Then enabled Emunand and ALWAYS have been using it. With AutoRCM up.

So if I quit my sd card and just go with normal way into the OFW do you think my sysnand its unclean and can be banned? or should be fine?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm not want to go online for any reason, just in case one day I need to go (for example update fw oficially), I would like to know if I can get banned or not.

Drobbo84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which Installer are you using?

Do the installation part work and the game simple crashes when you try to boot the game or what?

If your are installing through an SD Card and it is formatted as exfat, check the card for possible corruption. I once installed Mario Party and the installation went smoothly, but the game kept crashing when I went in-game. Turned out the game had become corrupted because the Sd Card itself was corrupted.

Installed fine but crashes and the cards in fat32. I was using tinfoil on reinx but I've been trying goldleaf which won't transfer the file and tinfoil which crashes, both on atmosphere.

WishMaker7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question.

I have two Switches, one Clean (Switch A) and one Modded (Switch B).

I want to use Switch B so that I can use SplatHex to mod gear and chunks for my Splatoon 2 account ( which is pretty far along on Switch A ).

I just want to be able to transfer data from Switch A in a way that doesn't use CFW ( and I can't use the Save Cloud cuz Splatoon 2 doesn't support it ), modify the data on Switch B using Checkpoint, and then re-transfer that data to Switch A, thereby solely only changing the save slightly on Switch A, and not having to do a new save file.

I've seen people suggest using hekate to make a NAND backup of Switch A, copying that to Switch B, modifying, and then importing that modified NAND back onto Switch A.

Other people say it's simply not possible without getting your clean Switch dirty.

Is there any help for this?

Anything would be appreciated!

Last edited by WishMaker7,

ZanderX420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i wanted to know is there any way to reboot into cfw after i restart my switch? I currently dont have a payload injecter. Any help would be appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I would like to know if I'm in risk to be banned if I go into my sysnand (with OFW) and connect to the e-shop.

The only things I did was:

Execute Hekate to create backup from sysnand. Executed Sx Os to create another back up (just in case) + emunand.

Activated my SX license via online (from console sysnand)

Then enabled Emunand and ALWAYS have been using it. With AutoRCM up.

So if I quit my sd card and just go with normal way into the OFW do you think my sysnand its unclean and can be banned? or should be fine?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm not want to go online for any reason, just in case one day I need to go (for example update fw oficially), I would like to know if I can get banned or not.
You might have flagged yourself by activating SX OS online. However the chances of a ban from this alone are low.
Hey my buddy won't leave me alone about playing Gamecube games on the switch. Is it possible to do?
Not very well.
Hi, I have a question.

I have two Switches, one Clean (Switch A) and one Modded (Switch B).

I want to use Switch B so that I can use SplatHex to mod gear and chunks for my Splatoon 2 account ( which is pretty far along on Switch A ).

I just want to be able to transfer data from Switch A in a way that doesn't use CFW ( and I can't use the Save Cloud cuz Splatoon 2 doesn't support it ), modify the data on Switch B using Checkpoint, and then re-transfer that data to Switch A, thereby solely only changing the save slightly on Switch A, and not having to do a new save file.

I've seen people suggest using hekate to make a NAND backup of Switch A, copying that to Switch B, modifying, and then importing that modified NAND back onto Switch A.

Other people say it's simply not possible without getting your clean Switch dirty.

Is there any help for this?

Anything would be appreciated!
Doesn't matter how you import that save data. Modification of your Splatoon save data is one of the easiest ways to get banned so if you want to keep playing, don't even bother.
Hi i wanted to know is there any way to reboot into cfw after i restart my switch? I currently dont have a payload injecter. Any help would be appreciated.
Just send a payload from your computer/phone via USB cable. This was how we literally did it before payload injectors were out.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the latest atmosphere update or something make me lose access to my album. Decided to open album today and I go directly into homebrew browser even when I’m holding R button. When it comes to launching homebrew browser from my selected game I have to hold R,so now I’m wondering how I view my screen shoots.

Edit
Never mind it was hold L, I thought I tried that button before I posted.

Last edited by fst312,

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's time to update my firmware.
Switch has OFW 4.1.0
I had been running SX OS Pro.
I've read that using ChoiDujourNX via SX OS is bad.
I grabbed a SD card and deleted everything other than the Nintendo folder.
Installed Atmosphere 0.8.6
Now from homebrew I launch ChoiDuJourNX, and I cannot navigate the folders (to select the FW update folder)
It doesn't crash, just no response from any button other than HOME.
What have I done wrong?

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch has OFW 4.1.0
Now from homebrew I launch ChoiDuJourNX, and I cannot navigate the folders (to select the FW update folder)
What have I done wrong?

I'm an idiot. I forgot the Switch has a touchscreen

Reactions: XaneTenshi

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, update to 6.2.0 (AMS 0.8.6) completed successfully.
I got the, I assume, normal warning about "you must use the preventgcupdate launch configuration every boot if you want to prevent gc controller update"
I clicked Restart, and Atmosphere loaded.
Immediately got a dialog box that says, a controller update is available. I hit 'Later'
I searched, and found info that says after FW 3 there was a cartridge port update, but my Switch came with 4.1.0.
So why is it bugging me about the update (or is it an update for the JoyCon?)
Should I update, or not? Pros / Cons?

SwTan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play an original game (via game card) in CFW without a problem? The only difference its that the save game will be only in emunand right? (Im using SX pro).

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Switch has OFW 4.1.0
What have I done wrong?
No, ChoiDujourNX is NOT bad for SX OS... it works fine (I updated with it).

Can I play an original game (via game card) in CFW without a problem? The only difference its that the save game will be only in emunand right? (Im using SX pro).
Yeah, you can play original games in CFW without a problem. If you play in EmuNAND keep in mind that your save is stored there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU