Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does original Tinfoil not work on 7.0.1?

Goldleaf is so unstable and unpredictable for me, but Tinfoil always worked like a charm until I updated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does original Tinfoil not work on 7.0.1?

Goldleaf is so unstable and unpredictable for me, but Tinfoil always worked like a charm until I updated.
Installing .NSP files that are on the SD card no longer work with Adubbz Tinfoil on firmwares 7.X. However USB, and presumably network install, still work.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Installing .NSP files that are on the SD card no longer work with Adubbz Tinfoil on firmwares 7.X. However USB, and presumably network install, still work.

Thanks!

What’s up with Goldleaf? It’s a mess! It crashes more often than it doesn’t installing on 7.0.1. :(

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

What’s up with Goldleaf? It’s a mess! It crashes more often than it doesn’t installing on 7.0.1. :(
In case you were not aware, the developer behind Goldleaf isn't considered the best for the job of making a title manager. Its part of the reason why Blawar/vertigo (Discord handle) renamed his title installer DZ to Tinfoil. Anyways XorTroll has a habit of not updating projects as well as adding unnecessary functions to currently existing applications. Its what makes his tools sub-par when there are alternatives.

Now this is probably not the answer you're actually looking for but some people might not understand why one homebrew works better than another so I thought I might shed some light on what goes on behind the scenes. Goldleaf version 0.5 supposedly fixes a lot of the unstability but I personally have not tested it myself as Adubbz Tinfoil has yet to fail me especially since USB install still works on firmware 7.X

asdfx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you transfer over the Emutendo folder from the 200 GB SD card to your 400 GB SD card?
Yes I did. My guess is that the metadata that says which game is actually installed, is contained on the switch memory and not on the sdcard, which is why they’re not detected ?

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using FAT32 with a cluster/allocation size set to 32K or default?card.

Default cluster, FAT32.

I managed to boot it with Atmos (Kosmos), via hekate_ctcaer_4.9.1.bin, only it says something about "the game card could not be read", so I can't play my games. (Don't know yet about NSPs or anything)
What am I missing to get Atmos working properly if it says that?
I used: https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch with Kosmos Defaults.

Also I updated to 7.0.1, I choose exFAT for exFAT support, and that seems to work great. :)

The SX OS payload.bin shows the splash screen and then goes black, seemingly turning off the console, if I have to guess.
2.6.1 Beta should be able to handle 6.2 and 7.0.1 as a (choi) updated FW, so I don't get it...?

I didn't brick the system, it just doesn't boot with SX OS, I should've tried Atmos earlier to confirm this...
How can I get to boot SX OS with 7.0.1?

I'm not using EmuNAND fwiw. (I use two seperate eMMC boards to simulate that)

Last edited by Adr990,

arashiko28

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I'm trying to hack my switch, and supposedly is hackable by serial number starting at XAW100...
I do have 7.0.1 firmware version.
I tried with SX Pro but I continuosly get stuck at the selection screen, where my screen becomes unresponsive.
Then I tried the fuse-gelee with android phone and OTC USB cable, the phone logs the payload has been sent, but I don't see any changes on the switch menu. I got so far as making a nand backup yestarday.

Team xecuter web page has been down all week and I haven't been able to contact them for support, I also tried the SXLoader to inject the payload with my phone in case of the fat chance I got a damaged dongle (it's not damaged).

On the other hand, if I pursue the fuse-gelee method, I've been following the hombrew sdsetup instructions, where you acgually autoban yourself, but wonder if I do the hack in a separate sd card and keep the hacked games and files in a separate card, what are the chances of banning if I play offline with the hack sd, and change sd card before going online?
Wouldn't the hack evidence be on the sd card, along with games and save states?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know its not hacking related, but why on earth wont my joycons charge when hooked up on the main device (but not plugged in the dock) ?

Joycons can last up to 20 hours while console lasts around 6 hours, depending on the game you're playing.
Each joycon has a considerable sized battery pack that would consume the switch battery and not even get properly charged.

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to recover a Switch. It goes to BSOD when trying to power on. I can run biskeydump successfully via RCM, but Hekate just stays at a black screen. It was already BSOD when I got it, so I'm not sure what caused it. I also don't have any backups since it was already dead.

Last edited by Herg,

michaelpatko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a ton of games I can't play because I'm still on OFW 4.1.0
Do I understand this correctly?
If I upgrade to 6 or 7 via ChoiDuJour or whatever it's called, I can never turn my Switch off, or run out of battery, because when it restarts my fuses will burn?

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, OFW is booting on my upgraded 3.0.2 to 7.0.1 system, it wasn't before because of AutoRCM that slipped through with ChoiNX.
I can boot OFW, even through "Reboot (Normal)" in Hekate/Switchboot.

But in the SX menu I can't boot to OFW with the Reboot to OFW option. Neither can I boot to the SX CFW.
I tried redownloading the 2.6.1 beta, even got the boot.dat from someone else's setup, no luck.

Any idea why the SX side of things seems to be borked?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I did. My guess is that the metadata that says which game is actually installed, is contained on the switch memory and not on the sdcard, which is why they’re not detected ?
Did you install EmuNAND previously as a hidden partition? If that's the case, then you will need to copy and paste the image from your 200 GB SD card to the 400 GB SD card.

Default cluster, FAT32.

I managed to boot it with Atmos (Kosmos), via hekate_ctcaer_4.9.1.bin, only it says something about "the game card could not be read", so I can't play my games. (Don't know yet about NSPs or anything)
What am I missing to get Atmos working properly if it says that?
I used: https://www.sdsetup.com/console?switch with Kosmos Defaults.

Also I updated to 7.0.1, I choose exFAT for exFAT support, and that seems to work great. :)

The SX OS payload.bin shows the splash screen and then goes black, seemingly turning off the console, if I have to guess.
2.6.1 Beta should be able to handle 6.2 and 7.0.1 as a (choi) updated FW, so I don't get it...?

I didn't brick the system, it just doesn't boot with SX OS, I should've tried Atmos earlier to confirm this...
How can I get to boot SX OS with 7.0.1?

I'm not using EmuNAND fwiw. (I use two seperate eMMC boards to simulate that)
Maybe try SX OS V2.6 in case you haven't tried that yet.

I'm trying to hack my switch, and supposedly is hackable by serial number starting at XAW100...
I do have 7.0.1 firmware version.
I tried with SX Pro but I continuosly get stuck at the selection screen, where my screen becomes unresponsive.
Then I tried the fuse-gelee with android phone and OTC USB cable, the phone logs the payload has been sent, but I don't see any changes on the switch menu. I got so far as making a nand backup yestarday.

Team xecuter web page has been down all week and I haven't been able to contact them for support, I also tried the SXLoader to inject the payload with my phone in case of the fat chance I got a damaged dongle (it's not damaged).

On the other hand, if I pursue the fuse-gelee method, I've been following the hombrew sdsetup instructions, where you acgually autoban yourself, but wonder if I do the hack in a separate sd card and keep the hacked games and files in a separate card, what are the chances of banning if I play offline with the hack sd, and change sd card before going online?
Wouldn't the hack evidence be on the sd card, along with games and save states?
Not enough digits to determine if it is truly hackable or not. Check the full serial number yourself against this thread. If its not patched, try formatting your SD card to FAT32. If its patched, you're SOL.

And for your concerns about being banned, there is no evidence Nintendo scans the contents of the SD card to ban people. Even if we assume they did, its a potential privacy violation as well as risking false positives for people who insert SD cards with homebrew/CFW on them into unhacked consoles. Traces of CFW/homebrew persist in the system that can only be removed by restoring a clean NAND backup made before loading any CFW/homebrew. Best way to make such a NAND backup is with Hekate as Hekate has NAND dump verification unlike SX OS.

By the way, Fusee Gelee is the name of the exploit you use to load any of the CFW on the Switch regardless if its Atmosphere or SX OS. In other words, you were already trying to load SX OS with Fusee Gelee.

I'm trying to recover a Switch. It goes to BSOD when trying to power on. I can run biskeydump successfully via RCM, but Hekate just stays at a black screen. It was already BSOD when I got it, so I'm not sure what caused it. I also don't have any backups since it was already dead.
Blue screens are usually due to a mismatch between boot0/boot1 and the firmware. Line them up again with ChoiDujour.

There's a ton of games I can't play because I'm still on OFW 4.1.0
Do I understand this correctly?
If I upgrade to 6 or 7 via ChoiDuJour or whatever it's called, I can never turn my Switch off, or run out of battery, because when it restarts my fuses will burn?
First off all, there are two different applications with that name, ChoiDujour and ChoiDujourNX. ChoiDujour is a Windows program while ChoiDujourNX is a homebrew application for the Switch. Please learn the difference to avoid confusing people as there are differences between the two such as ChoiDujour only supporting up to firmware 6.1 while ChoiDujourNX works on all firmwares.

Secondly, regardless of which one you use, both allow you to update your firmware without burning fuses as long as you don't disable AutoRCM after the installation. Both of them enable AutoRCM by default after they update your console. This way, you can turn off your console and not have to worry about burning fuses. If you disable AutoRCM after you update without burning fuses, you risk burning your fuses when you turn off your console or it runs out of battery.

Adr990

Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maybe try SX OS V2.6 in case you haven't tried that yet.

I cannot seem to find a mirror on the net at the moment, since the TX forums are down.
But, didn't the 2.6.0 beta version have two more bugs instead? Worth a try regardless, if I could find it, haha. But still?

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To preface, I'm in the midst of converting my console over from exFAT to FAT32 and am currently running SXOS 2.6.1.

I wanted to run RetroArch at it's most optimal performance and saw that it required certain patches that now exist in SXOS 2.6.1, what should I do if I want to keep using the same jig setup I've been using to boot the Switch but also want to try using Atmosphere/ReiNX in conjunction with the ability to use SXOS when I want to?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To preface, I'm in the midst of converting my console over from exFAT to FAT32 and am currently running SXOS 2.6.1.

I wanted to run RetroArch at it's most optimal performance and saw that it required certain patches that now exist in SXOS 2.6.1, what should I do if I want to keep using the same jig setup I've been using to boot the Switch but also want to try using Atmosphere/ReiNX in conjunction with the ability to use SXOS when I want to?
If you're not using MacOS or certain builds of Windows 10, its as easy as copying and pasting the entire contents of your SD card.

atlboyz_247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not using MacOS or certain builds of Windows 10, its as easy as copying and pasting the entire contents of your SD card.
I am using MacOS, but I'm also running a Virtual Machine (Parallels) for Windows 10, so I figure that there probably won't be any issues. I'm currently in the middle of the long transfer (5ish hours left, since I have about 180GB of content to copy over).

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the details, but how can I run Atmosphere/ReiNX/SXOS with the choice to switch between them from the setup that I have now? I heard that there were some options to do this, but I'm not sure where to go to get all the latest updates on the software I need to download to accomplish this.

Last edited by atlboyz_247,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using MacOS, but I'm also running a Virtual Machine (Parallels) for Windows 10, so I figure that there probably won't be any issues. I'm currently in the middle of the long transfer (5ish hours left, since I have about 180GB of content to copy over).

Sorry if I wasn't clear on the details, but how can I run Atmosphere/ReiNX/SXOS with the choice to switch between them from the setup that I have now? I heard that there were some options to do this, but I'm not sure where to go to get all the latest updates on the software I need to download to accomplish this.
Well there is a bit of an issue with having both Atmosphere and ReiNX on one SD card if your firmware is 7.X. Since both use the new sept payload to launch, you can only boot one of them at a time on that firmware. You can use SX OS in conjunction with either one since SX OS does not use sept to launch on firmwares 7.X but for dual-booting Atmosphere and ReiNX, you're gonna have a bad time.

If you're not on firmware 7.X, you can disregard the above and just have all 3 CFW on your SD card. The real challenge is a setup that can launch any of those CFW. Each CFW can only be launched via their respective bootloader so you will need all 3 bootloaders as well as the corresponding files on your SD card in order to launch them at a moment's notice. Once you have all of the files on your SD card, you will need a way of launching any of those payloads. The best one for that is argon-nx however Hekate is a close-second.

killoblocks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm a noob that needs help.

I'm on 7.0.1. I'm trying to boot atmosphere, using hekate 4.9.1 or fusee primary, and i can see the splash screen for the CFW, however, it seems to just boot eventually into the official firmware. I end up on the switch homescreen and no homebrews in sight (i used the sdsetup build and I should have some homebrews that i copied over).

I'm not sure what's going on.

acidcoolxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hello im new to this hope someone can help me out.

I have a switch with FW 1.0.0 downloaded the new Kosmo from SDSetup(FW1.0.0 support right?). Put it on the SD use hekate payload. It boots with splashscreen from Kosmo but its boot into 1.0.0 and nothing In my Album folder. Do I need update to 7.0.0 for this to work?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hello im new to this hope someone can help me out.

I have a switch with FW 1.0.0 downloaded the new Kosmo from SDSetup(FW1.0.0 support right?). Put it on the SD use hekate payload. It boots with splashscreen from Kosmo but its boot into 1.0.0 and nothing In my Album folder. Do I need update to 7.0.0 for this to work?

Hold R when opening album

Reactions: acidcoolxxx

arashiko28

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Thank you @Draxzelex.
So the serial is in the list for hackables XAW100563....
THE SD card format has become a mute point since both FAT32 and EXFAT, with different cards and in each card, results in the same frozen screen.
I did make a NAND backup using Hekate, and the Fusee Gelee method seems to be the one thst could do the trick, but I was preferring xci to nsp and is why I wanted to use SX os, but even with the SXLoader and android phone, results were the same.
I also had NXLoader with Atmosphere (Kosmos v.12), but at the moment don't see the difference between being banned and autobanning myself, I do play online and was looking for something that would give me a double boot.
So currently is a no hack for me.

Thank you @Herg I will check for future attempts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality