Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

acidcoolxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@Draxzelex

I try the FW 5.1 but still the same. On reiNX it boot to the switch logo. On atmosphere it boot into nintendo logo than blackscreen. This is odd should they behave same way and stuck on the switch logo. Is there an tool to check maybe if something is corrupted or an stress test. You mention that atmosphere have an error feature. Maybe a payload to test hardware?

D

Deleted User

Guys, I have a hacked switch and i want to put PT-BR language mod in Zelda BOTW, but I don't know how to do this.

I need layeredfs to play modded games?

Information:

Switch CFW 6.2.0
Atmosphere 0.8.4
Don't. Seriously don't. Better in english. I already played translations. They're bad. Just play in english. You'll train yours that way.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GUYS ! I need your help... I installed "Atmosphere" and "Choixdujour" to downgrade my Switch to 6.2 (my brother upgraded it to 7.0 :/). But when i'm on "Choixdujour" i cannot click on the "Firmware" file ... it appears like others XCI files, so unclickable... How can I fix it ?
You need to extract the archive to a folder on the SD card.

Guys, I have a hacked switch and i want to put PT-BR language mod in Zelda BOTW, but I don't know how to do this.

I need layeredfs to play modded games?

Information:

Switch CFW 6.2.0
Atmosphere 0.8.4
Yes you need LayeredFS to mod any games. Some text mods already exist, check those ones out to see what files need to be altered and such: https://gamebanana.com/guis/34268

That one changes the dialog on the US and GB language files, same could be done for any of the other language files.

Kalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I just got atmos running on my 7.0.1 firmware, and I was wondering if someone could point me to a reliable (as can be) list of all known domains that need to be blocked? I would use 90dns, but I am already running pihole on a local server so I figured might as well take advantage of it. Actually, I should ask first if blocking these domains works on 7.0.1 in the first place. I have seen some saying 90dns does not work for 7.0+ firmware. Might be some hard-coded IPs in there somewhere skipping dns?

Also, is there any telemetry that sends back info about what is on the sd card? I am curious because I will be restoring my ofw NAND anytime I want to play online and want to know if it is safe to leave all the cfw related things on my sd card while using online with ofw.

EDIT
Meant 7.0.1

Last edited by Kalm,

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried installing an NSP over tinfoil.usb which Ive had no problesm with over 30 games so far, but now getting an error. 0x00234c02. From what I can tell it seems sometimes sig patch related? or people switching TO atmosphere fixes it.
Im on 6.2, so is it possible this is needing 7.0.x? Any reason I shouldnt update to 7.0.1? Or is it just a bad nsp because I got it from somewhere other than my usual spots?

Also in meantime I saw 2 new kip/exefs files in 7.0.x kosmos so I dropped those onto my card and noticed tinfoil doesn't offer to skip the firmware version requirements via USB and it seems all nsps hang at 97 or 98%. I removed those 2 and behavior is still the same sadly. It still prompts to ignore firmware version if from SD card.

Last edited by TheGlow,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone knows some news about jailbreak for switch patched serials?
Nope so its better to trade in/sell the patched console or buy a used and unpatched console from somewhere like eBay or Amazon.

@Draxzelex

I try the FW 5.1 but still the same. On reiNX it boot to the switch logo. On atmosphere it boot into nintendo logo than blackscreen. This is odd should they behave same way and stuck on the switch logo. Is there an tool to check maybe if something is corrupted or an stress test. You mention that atmosphere have an error feature. Maybe a payload to test hardware?
There really isn't software designed to analyze hardware damage without an expert's opinion. The last thing I can personally recommend you do is use the GPT restore tool from here. If that doesn't work, it might be hardware damage of which I am not an expert in but there are other users I can recommend who are more knowledgeable such as mattytrog.
Hello!

I just got atmos running on my 7.0.1 firmware, and I was wondering if someone could point me to a reliable (as can be) list of all known domains that need to be blocked? I would use 90dns, but I am already running pihole on a local server so I figured might as well take advantage of it. Actually, I should ask first if blocking these domains works on 7.0.1 in the first place. I have seen some saying 90dns does not work for 7.0+ firmware. Might be some hard-coded IPs in there somewhere skipping dns?

Also, is there any telemetry that sends back info about what is on the sd card? I am curious because I will be restoring my ofw NAND anytime I want to play online and want to know if it is safe to leave all the cfw related things on my sd card while using online with ofw.

EDIT
Meant 7.0.1
Here you go: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dns-to-block-the-updates-of-the-switch.465952/#post-7208328

I tried installing an NSP over tinfoil.usb which Ive had no problesm with over 30 games so far, but now getting an error. 0x00234c02. From what I can tell it seems sometimes sig patch related? or people switching TO atmosphere fixes it.
Im on 6.2, so is it possible this is needing 7.0.x? Any reason I shouldnt update to 7.0.1? Or is it just a bad nsp because I got it from somewhere other than my usual spots?

Also in meantime I saw 2 new kip/exefs files in 7.0.x kosmos so I dropped those onto my card and noticed tinfoil doesn't offer to skip the firmware version requirements via USB and it seems all nsps hang at 97 or 98%. I removed those 2 and behavior is still the same sadly. It still prompts to ignore firmware version if from SD card.
Try installing the .NSP file with ReiNX if you aren't already since ReiNX supports more patches than Atmosphere. Also 7.X is more unstable for piracy currently so don't update if you can.

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try installing the .NSP file with ReiNX if you aren't already since ReiNX supports more patches than Atmosphere. Also 7.X is more unstable for piracy currently so don't update if you can.
It looks like my tinfoils were rearranged so i removed them all and put the "good" one back and seems to be working again.
However now the file I couldnt initially get to install is.. *shrug*
Gotta love IT.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Lawletto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good morning everyone !

I just wanted to ask you, sometimes when I install NPS via Goldleaf or When I try to boot a .z64 rom on retroArch, I get an error saying that I have to keep pushing my Power Button for 12 sec in order to shut the Switch off.

Does this crash also happen to you ? Is it due to something in particular ? (I am using latest SXOS, with a 6.2.0 cfw with emunand).

acesofeights

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a Stargate license on my SX 0S 6.2 Switch, but two game installs failed. Now I'm stuck with these ever-loading game icons (Stealth mode activated) and I can't get rid of them. Can't install the same games via NSP anymore either, and I can't find any reference of these failed installs on the SD card. Any idea what I can do?

photo5796635356609753144.jpg

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning everyone !

I just wanted to ask you, sometimes when I install NPS via Goldleaf or When I try to boot a .z64 rom on retroArch, I get an error saying that I have to keep pushing my Power Button for 12 sec in order to shut the Switch off.

Does this crash also happen to you ? Is it due to something in particular ? (I am using latest SXOS, with a 6.2.0 cfw with emunand).
Goldleaf is a bit buggy and N64 ROMs need either a forwarder or a .NSP file in order to be run (due to the higher RAM requirements). For Goldleaf, Adubbz Tinfoil is more stable for installing .NSP files. For Retroarch, setup a forwarder by following this tutorial or make a .NSP file with nro2nsp

I have a Stargate license on my SX 0S 6.2 Switch, but two game installs failed. Now I'm stuck with these ever-loading game icons (Stealth mode activated) and I can't get rid of them. Can't install the same games via NSP anymore either, and I can't find any reference of these failed installs on the SD card. Any idea what I can do?

View attachment 161130
Have you tried deleting them via Data Management under System Settings?

Light9384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I need help. My switch turned off after trying to launch Splatoon 2. I can't turn it back on. TegraRCMGui dosen't detect it. I am on auto-RCM. I tried with the jig, dosen't work either.
CFW= latest SX OS (Updated today) + latest Kosmos (11.11.1) (also updated today).
OFW= 6.2
TegraRCM=2.5
PC= Win10.

Last edited by Light9384,

Lawletto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Goldleaf is a bit buggy and N64 ROMs need either a forwarder or a .NSP file in order to be run (due to the higher RAM requirements). For Goldleaf, Adubbz Tinfoil is more stable for installing .NSP files. For Retroarch, setup a forwarder by following this tutorial or make a .NSP file with nro2nsp

Have you tried deleting them via Data Management under System Settings?

Very helpfull advices as always, thank you ! :yay:

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I need help. My switch turned off after trying to launch Splatoon 2. I can't turn it back on. TegraRCMGui dosen't detect it. I am on auto-RCM. I tried with the jig, dosen't work either.
CFW= latest SX OS (Updated today) + latest Kosmos (11.11.1) (also updated today).
OFW= 6.2
TegraRCM=2.5
PC= Win10.
Does it show up as an APX device under Devices? Also consider using TegraRCMSmash instead. And try restarting your computer if you haven't already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....