SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    Any ideas on where to find a good dongle because Im about to hack my cousin 7.0 switch and out atmosphere on it. Im using my windows computer but all he has is a mac/iPhone(non jailbroken). I know hes gonna need it just in case his battery does or shuts his switch completely off

2. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    @Draxzelex

Okey i forget to use this payload to optain the keys. i do it like it was in the tutorial. Try this Tank you mate!:grog:

Draxzelex likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I've seen people recommend Aliexpress. I would recommend eBay but I think some of them were being taken down, likely due to the association with hacking and more importantly piracy but there might be some still up for sale.

4. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    I tried Aliexpress but they are sold out

5. dreary79

dreary79 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2005
    United States
    Idaho USA
    I just got a new switch. Firmware 4.1 and the serial number is hackable. I want to follow the guild that allows me to run EMUNAND and keep SYSNAND online: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-emunand-keep-sysnand-online.520471/

Is this still an ok guide to follow? My only concern is updating to 6.1. Is there a guide to updating the SYSNAND offline? Also, is 6.1 the highest I should go? I want to do homebrew and play backups on the EMUNAND. Can EMUNAND with SX OS go to 7.0?

Sorry for being such a noob. I just started reading about Switch hacking yesterday.

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, that guide appears to be up-to-date as not much as changed in the EmuNAND front, at least on TX's side. However do not update the EmuNAND above 6.2 as SX OS cannot boot CFW on firmware 7.X currently.

7. PT333

PT333 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2018
    United States
    I'm using way too old version of Tinfoil. As I'm looking for update, I'm very consfused. Is Goldleaf new version of old Tinfoil, is it good and safe to use or is there better title manager?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Goldleaf is a spiritual successor to Tinfoil. It is supposed to perform the same function as Tinfoil but it doesn't use any of Tinfoil's code which explains why people often find it bugger than Tinfoil. I usually recommend the 883e build from lavatech for people who want to continue using Adubbz' Tinfoil.

9. darkziosj

darkziosj GBAtemp Regular

Jul 30, 2013
    Colombia
    Medellin
    How can i make a full emunand backup if i installed it as a hidden partition? i want to move my full emunand to another sd card, is there way?

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
  11. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    @Draxzelex
    so I tried the LockpickRCM method and get even more error with the keys. compared the sbk and tsec key and there are the same.

[WARN]: Failed to match key "master_kek_05", (value "x")
    [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_kek_02", (value "x")
    [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_kek_03", (value "x")
    [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_kek_00", (value "x")
    [WARN]: Failed to match key "master_kek_01

Next I read on a post to delete these master key and I was able to create the Firmware. Go through the tutorial do a System initialize. The safe Folder was empty in my Build so I let it empty. After finishing the Flash i load the hekate payload and try to Launch the FS_610 and get this error massage: Unknown package1. Failed to launch Firmware.

Notice something odd. My Biskey 2 and 3 are the same
    . Is this Normal?

Last edited by acidcoolxxx, Mar 16, 2019 at 2:31 PM
  12. Comixsonic

Comixsonic Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2009
    United States
    Alright, so interesting problem i've run into. I've run into this quirk that I can't seem to avoid. After I've installed from NSP using Goldleaf, the game works fine (this has happened with several games, so I'm not bothering to name specifics). I delete the old file, the game starts fine, it runs perfectly, everything is hunky-dory. But when I eject the card to add more files over, when I return to the Switch menu, the game no opens. I receive the error code "2005-0005" which I understand is the code for "The data is missing". And sure enough, looking at the title in Goldleaf doesn't work, as it just won't go into the title details of the game at all, the switch's data management sees the game as having 0 data, but the count of used data remains the same. As in, I have 53 GB after I install the game and trash the NSP file, and then after the Switch begins to see the game as having zero data, the same amount of data on the SD card is shown, 53 GB. I'm just trying to figure out how to avoid this problem in the future, if anyone knows anything about it, please, I'm all ears.

The Console is 7.0.1, Atmosphere is 0.8.5, and I'm using a MacOs High Sierra machine for file management. Card is exfat.

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Grab and launch the latest version of ReiNX from here.

Don't use exFAT. It can corrupt your SD card. Switch to FAT32.

acidcoolxxx likes this.
  14. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    @Draxzelex

It boot now. It shows the Splashscreen of ReiNX but still stuck on the Switch Logo. Anything else I could try? Do I need the Jumperwire still or take it out when it boot?

Last edited by acidcoolxxx, Mar 16, 2019 at 3:07 PM
  15. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Try the latest version of Atmosphere to see if it can generate an error code that may pinpoint the problem.

acidcoolxxx likes this.
  16. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    So on ReiNX its boots to the switch Logo. On Atmosphere it boot with the splashspreen shows the Nintendo Logo and stay black. :sad:

17. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Is your SD card is formatted as FAT32?

18. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    If i format it to fat32 it says that the sd card is corrupted. So reformat to exFat. But this is a Brand new 128GB GB scandisk

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    How are you formatting it to FAT32?

20. acidcoolxxx

acidcoolxxx Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2019
    Austria
    Did it right now again with h2format. But still Atmosphere boot with the splashspreen than the Nintendo Logo and stay black.