Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Did you activate SX OS license before setting up EmuNAND? this was an issue for me, otherwise would suggest you ask in the SX OS forum, I figured out my issue from forums there
Yea I activated it before hand. I been to there forums and no luck.
One said convert SD emunand to hidden emunand manually using Linux VM or Cygwin which I have no idea on how and what to do.

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Yea I activated it before hand. I been to there forums and no luck.
One said convert SD emunand to hidden emunand manually using Linux VM or Cygwin which I have no idea on how and what to do.
This worked for me when I had problems with EmuNAND

- Inject the payload - the moment you inject it, hold + button on the switch, so you get to the SX OS again
- delete the emuNand via SX OS
- copy NAND backup onto SD card
- Copy license.dat, boot.dat and the backup of the nand to the root of sd card
- Inject the payload - the moment you inject it, hold + button on the switch, so you get to the SX OS again
- create the emunand
- set emunand to active
- reboot

D

Deleted User

I removed super nag on nintendo switch 6.2.0 now it is stuck at the switch boot logo. How do i recover it?

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
This worked for me when I had problems with EmuNAND

- delete the emuNand via SX OS
- copy NAND backup onto SD card
- Copy license.dat, boot.dat and the backup of the nand to the root of sd card
- create the emunand
- set emunand to active
- reboot
Can you clarify which NAND backup on the 3rd step?
The original one which was dumped before any CFW?
I have 2 original NAND backups though. One used with Hekate and other was made using SX OS (without user and system partitions).
So is it sx os one with boot0/1 and full.00-07? If it is this then do i copy the folder named backup? (sxos\backup)

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Can you clarify which NAND backup on the 3rd step?
The original one which was dumped before any CFW?
I have 2 original NAND backups though. One used with Hekate and other was made using SX OS (without user and system partitions).
So is it sx os one with boot0/1 and full.00-07? If it is this then do i copy the folder named backup? (sxos\backup)
I used the NAND backup I created with SX OS, copied the file from backup folder to the root of the as card.. I found that info on sx os forums..

Last edited by p3el05,

Zdobuzdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
When i turn of switch pressing power, than turn off, switch is in rcm mode. After that using hekate and turn off switch, how to turn on switch? Do i need to press power or simply use tegra and payload? Xs os 2.53 and 5.1. Never do that, does someone try this to shutdown switch at all?

Last edited by Zdobuzdo,

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
When i turn of switch pressing power, than turn off, switch is in rcm mode. After that using hekate and turn off switch, how to turn on switch? Do i need to press power or simply use tegra and payload? Xs os 2.53 and 5.1. Never do that, does someone try this to shutdown switch at all?

I take it you are using AutoRCM then? To turn on the Switch after you shut it down with Hekate, press the Power button once, then connect it to Tegra and send the Payload.

Reactions: Zdobuzdo

AcuRaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated from 5.1.0 SXOS to 6.2.0 SXOS.

Now I have the Controller Update nag.

Is it OK to update the controller? I don't care about downgrading. I'm completely happy with 6.2.0 SXOS.

Is there any downside to updating the controller?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently updated from 5.1.0 SXOS to 6.2.0 SXOS.

Now I have the Controller Update nag.

Is it OK to update the controller? I don't care about downgrading. I'm completely happy with 6.2.0 SXOS.

Is there any downside to updating the controller?

It's fine unless you hard modded your joycon

sneskot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to get my switch back to stock to go online, but only if I can keep my saves. I did a nand backup on 4.1 when it was new, softmodded and autorcm'd, then manually updated to 5, then later used choudijour to update to 6.1. It has never been connected to the internet and only played games from retail carts without any game mods. I've done some research on how to go about this:

Possible method A:

1. Backup saves with checkpoint
2. Restore 4.1
3. Boot CFW and restore saves with checkpoint
4. Clear error logs in hekate
5. Get online and update

Possible method B:

1. Backup current 6.1 nand
2. Restore 4.1
3. Copy saves from 6.1 nand backup (using hacdiskmount?)
4. Clear logs in hekate
5. Get online and update

I'd like to confirm which method (if either) would work and be easiest and obviously if I'm missing any steps. Thanks!

Last edited by sneskot,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to get my switch back to stock to go online, but only if I can keep my saves. I did a nand backup on 4.1 when it was new, softmodded and autorcm'd, then manually updated to 5, then later used choudijour to update to 6.1. It has never been connected to the internet and only played games from retail carts without any game mods. I've done some research on how to go about this:

Possible method A:

1. Backup saves with checkpoint
2. Restore 4.1
3. Boot CFW and restore saves with checkpoint
4. Clear error logs in hekate
5. Get online and update

Possible method B:

2. Restore 4.1
3. Copy saves from 6.1 nand backup (using hacdiskmount?)
4. Clear logs in hekate
5. Get online and update

I'd like to confirm which method (if either) would work and be easiest and obviously if I'm missing any steps. Thanks!

Possible method B:
2. Restore 4.1 nand and boot files
3. Copy saves from 6.1 nand backup to 4.1 using hacdiskmount (do not click format)
4. Get online and update

you do not want to clear logs, that is an instant ban flag, method A while easier will still leave traces of cfw which will be a ban flag

Method B) while slightly more complex doesn't leave traces of cfw, is the safest way of doing it... however we don't know what nintendo look for, so they might still ban you down the line

Reactions: sneskot

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. This is probably the most stupid question ever, but I have a nand backup from my clean unhacked state, but later on (about 3 hours) I made a boot1 and boot2 backup. Can I theoretically restore a backup with that or will it brick?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. This is probably the most stupid question ever, but I have a nand backup from my clean unhacked state, but later on (about 3 hours) I made a boot1 and boot2 backup. Can I theoretically restore a backup with that or will it brick?
as long as the boot files match the firmware version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: