Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
Can anyone help me with EmuNAND.
I set it up on hidden partition then i copied back all my files to my SD card.
YES BOOT.DAT AND LICENSE ARE IN THE ROOT OF THE SD CARD.
YES MY SD CARD IS REAL WITH NO ERRORS AND A 1 YEAR WARRANTY.
BUT i KEEP getting the same thing. BOOT.DAT ERROR when booting up sx os payload.
LIKE wtf. I did this for 5-6 times already. I've reformatted using GUIFORMAT to fat32.
I used EMUNAND on SD files as well BUT get a black screen when booting it up.
SO Any help will be nice and NO ISSUE WITH SD CARD.
MAYBE YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH FILENAMES IN CAPS?

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know the answer is 99% no because it makes no sense, but I ran out of space on my sd, can I install NSPs on USB and ran them from there? Especially NBA 2k19 since its like 29 gbs

ssssss13

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Get SX OS, and run XCI off a HDD/USB Thumb Drive.
I have sxos. That wont world because xci is 7gbs and does not contains the full Game. You need that large update.

And I cant merge with xci-nsp app because it s bigger than the switch cartdridge memory.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have sxos. That wont world because xci is 7gbs and does not contains the full Game. You need that large update.

And I cant merge with xci-nsp app because it s bigger than the switch cartdridge memory.

Then get a larger SD card, nevermind on that if you already have a 512GB Micro SD.

shado9573

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
MAYBE YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH FILENAMES IN CAPS?
No, Lol.
I'm pointing it out since people ask me the same questions everytime.
It's in small letter's. I just cannot figure out what the problem with setting up EmuNAND on SD card is.
I mean then theres the final risky option even though Json has already pointed it out about nothing wrong with setting up EmuNAND in SysNAND.
Since actual size does not change.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded from 7.0.0 to 6.1.0 and I'm currently setting up EmuNAND with SX. Can I restore my NAND backup to Sysnand afterwards?

My goal is to have a fully legit sysnand partition with all my bought games and Nintendo Online working, but EmuNAND for Retroarch.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded from 7.0.0 to 6.1.0 and I'm currently setting up EmuNAND with SX. Can I restore my NAND backup to Sysnand afterwards?

My goal is to have a fully legit sysnand partition with all my bought games and Nintendo Online working, but EmuNAND for Retroarch.
Yes, you can restore your NAND backup from before you did any hackery to your sysNAND when you're done.

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
Hello, first time posting a question but long time user so I hope I'm pasting in the right place. My Switch was a gift from my fiance, I bleed Triforce, I have 60+ hrs on my BoTW save (luckily I backed-up my save to the cloud).

The rundown.... basically I think I bricked my Switch. I had a pre-patch Switch, upgraded to 6.2 and running Atmosphere 0.8, running the cfw and back-ups beautifully. Then I was gonna school a co-worker of mine in some Mario Kart during a night shift, I step away for a second and he accidentally hit upgrade software and upgraded me to 7.0. Obviously the CFW would no longer work and I can't use my backups anymore so me being a genius , I used Hekate to restore my NAND back-up of firmware 6.2 and about halfway through I realize my mistake. So now of course my switch won't boot and Atmosphere won't boot either but I can boot into Hekate.

So quick recap: Pre-patch Switch on 6.2 running Atmosphere 0.8, upgraded to 7.0 (burned fuses), restored NAND of 6.2 back-up, now not booting.

A few things, yes I know I f*cked up. I should have blocked the updates, I shouldn't let somebody else touch my system unsupervised, I should be updating through Choidujour, I shouldn't have restored a NAND of an older backup.

I searched all I can for a fix but I couldn't find anything. What I know is that I now have burned fuses to the point that I can only use 7.0, thats fine. My question is if I can somehow update to 7.0 through Hekate so i can at least boot into stock firmware and just wait for CFW support? I have the keys for my system, I have no programming experience but lots of experience soft-modding all my systems. What can I do?

Thanks guys

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, first time posting a question but long time user so I hope I'm pasting in the right place. My Switch was a gift from my fiance, I bleed Triforce, I have 60+ hrs on my BoTW save (luckily I backed-up my save to the cloud).

The rundown.... basically I think I bricked my Switch. I had a pre-patch Switch, upgraded to 6.2 and running Atmosphere 0.8, running the cfw and back-ups beautifully. Then I was gonna school a co-worker of mine in some Mario Kart during a night shift, I step away for a second and he accidentally hit upgrade software and upgraded me to 7.0. Obviously the CFW would no longer work and I can't use my backups anymore so me being a genius , I used Hekate to restore my NAND back-up of firmware 6.2 and about halfway through I realize my mistake. So now of course my switch won't boot and Atmosphere won't boot either but I can boot into Hekate.

So quick recap: Pre-patch Switch on 6.2 running Atmosphere 0.8, upgraded to 7.0 (burned fuses), restored NAND of 6.2 back-up, now not booting.

A few things, yes I know I f*cked up. I should have blocked the updates, I shouldn't let somebody else touch my system unsupervised, I should be updating through Choidujour, I shouldn't have restored a NAND of an older backup.

I searched all I can for a fix but I couldn't find anything. What I know is that I now have burned fuses to the point that I can only use 7.0, thats fine. My question is if I can somehow update to 7.0 through Hekate so i can at least boot into stock firmware and just wait for CFW support? I have the keys for my system, I have no programming experience but lots of experience soft-modding all my systems. What can I do?

Thanks guys

when you do a restore you also need to restore the boot0/1 files, you don't have them then downgrading to 6.1 is your only option

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

when you do a restore you also need to restore the boot0/1 files, you don't have them then downgrading to 6.1 is your only option

Edit: if you made a 7.0 backup before you downgraded you can use that

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: if you made a 7.0 backup before you downgraded you can use that

I restored through hekate using the boot0/boot1 first and then the nand second

I thought that once you upgrade firmwares it burns fuses so that you can't downgrade. You're saying that I can't downgrade to 6.2 but 6.1 should work?

Last edited by BahumatX,

BahumatX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lebanon
When you did your nand backup if you backed up the boot0/1 files 6.2 will work

Otherwise you need to do the old manual method

I have backups of BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand.bin. I inject Hekate, restore boot0/1, it completes successfully, then i restore nand, it completes successfully. I reset the switch, the Nintendo splash screen comes up then screens shuts off and like 15 seconds later it tells me an error has occured.

At this point my switch won't even power on normally. It will enter RCM and when i try to start atmosphere i get the atmosphere splash then the nintendo splash and then black screen and then error message.

whats the "old manual method"?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have backups of BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand.bin. I inject Hekate, restore boot0/1, it completes successfully, then i restore nand, it completes successfully. I reset the switch, the Nintendo splash screen comes up then screens shuts off and like 15 seconds later it tells me an error has occured.

At this point my switch won't even power on normally. It will enter RCM and when i try to start atmosphere i get the atmosphere splash then the nintendo splash and then black screen and then error message.

whats the "old manual method"?

okay so you restored both boot files

are you using the latest atmosphere/hekate

p3el05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
No, Lol.
I'm pointing it out since people ask me the same questions everytime.
It's in small letter's. I just cannot figure out what the problem with setting up EmuNAND on SD card is.
I mean then theres the final risky option even though Json has already pointed it out about nothing wrong with setting up EmuNAND in SysNAND.
Since actual size does not change.
Did you activate SX OS license before setting up EmuNAND? this was an issue for me, otherwise would suggest you ask in the SX OS forum, I figured out my issue from forums there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...