Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

sf1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use reinx on 6.0.1? An issue that i'm running into is that once i put it in rcm mode, when I plug it in, its starts charging and then boots up normally. Any one else have this issue?

Last edited by sf1215,

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Similar to the question from boleklolek above I also do have a Switch with System Software 2.1 and I have bought SXOS.

1. Should I update System Software to 6.0 with ChoiDujourNX in order spare fuses and can I continue to use SX OS without any problems then?
2. Is there any risk involved in doing the above and is there a good tutorial especially for ChoiDuJourNX in combination with SX OS?
3. So is this correct: Update System Soft to 6.0 (how can I do that without going online?), then backup NAND, then install SXOS EMUNAND?
4. If I install EMUNAND, does this modify normal NAND and will I be able to remove EMUNAND without leaving any traces if needed?

Last edited by herbal,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for your reply! okay. so if I buy a new switch, I cant transfer my profile there?
As long as its not banned, you can. However if you ever went online with the console after it was hacked and the account was still linked, there is no telling what Nintendo will do with the console the profile was transferred to.
Can i use reinx on 6.0.1? An issue that i'm running into is that once i put it in rcm mode, when I plug it in, its starts charging and then boots up normally. Any one else have this issue?
That means you are not in RCM.
Similar to the question from boleklolek above I also do have a Switch with System Software 2.1 and I have bought SXOS.

1. Should I update System Software to 6.0 with ChoiDujourNX in order spare fuses and can I continue to use SX OS without any problems then?
2. Is there any risk involved in doing the above and is there a good tutorial especially for ChoiDuJourNX in combination with SX OS?
3. So is this correct: Update System Soft to 6.0 (how can I do that without going online?), then backup NAND, then install SXOS EMUNAND?
4. If I install EMUNAND, does this modify normal NAND and will I be able to remove EMUNAND without leaving any traces if needed?
  1. Yes, updating with ChoiDujourNX is highly recommended regardless if you care about fuses or not
  2. Define "risk". As long as you don't interrupt the installation process, ChoiDujourNX is harmless. If you mean a ban risk, then there is one much like any other homebrew or hack. And ChoiDujourNX is only compatible with firmwares 2.0 and above. I also don't see the point of a tutorial for a homebrew application as the thread is pretty self-explanatory in how you run it assuming you know to use homebrew
  3. I don't recommend using SX OS EmuNAND because it makes modifications to your current SysNAND in order to function. These modifications being installing "EmuNAND magic" to boot1 and an emunand.bin being stored in the USER partition
  4. See #3

Reactions: herbal

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
up to what update of the switch would i be able to hack my switch? im on one before 6.0 atm
The current exploit known as Fusee Gelee relies on the hardware of the console rather than the software that is currently running. Meaning it will work regardless of what firmware you are running as long as the hardware isn't patched. We determine if the hardware is patched by looking at the serial number; generally higher serial numbers have a bigger chance of being a patched console.

As an example, it is possible to load CFW on an unpatched Switch running firmware 6.0 but currently impossible to load CFW on a patched Switch running firmware 4.1. So as you can see firmware is irrelevant.

Last edited by Draxzelex,
Reactions: Latyana

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So two things, the 6.0.1 update dropped less than 24 hours ago like a dumbass updated anyway, is this a potential problem? also, I found a few .XCI files on an old partition on an old hard drive. I know there are tools to convert them to.NSP so they can load faster and such, I see tutorials asking about keys and stuff. I have used keys for like wii u and 3DS but switch im kinda confused if someone could explain this that would be great!

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
  1. Yes, updating with ChoiDujourNX is highly recommended regardless if you care about fuses or not
  2. Define "risk". As long as you don't interrupt the installation process, ChoiDujourNX is harmless. If you mean a ban risk, then there is one much like any other homebrew or hack. And ChoiDujourNX is only compatible with firmwares 2.0 and above. I also don't see the point of a tutorial for a homebrew application as the thread is pretty self-explanatory in how you run it assuming you know to use homebrew
  3. I don't recommend using SX OS EmuNAND because it makes modifications to your current SysNAND in order to function. These modifications being installing "EmuNAND magic" to boot1 and an emunand.bin being stored in the USER partition
  4. See #3

Thanks!
Regarding 2: I read something about turning the Card Slot unusable if not taking care of some additional file, that's why I am a bit worried and searching for an easy to follow tutorial for noobs.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So two things, the 6.0.1 update dropped less than 24 hours ago like a dumbass updated anyway, is this a potential problem? also, I found a few .XCI files on an old partition on an old hard drive. I know there are tools to convert them to.NSP so they can load faster and such, I see tutorials asking about keys and stuff. I have used keys for like wii u and 3DS but switch im kinda confused if someone could explain this that would be great!
I haven't seen any compatibility issues with 6.0.1 yet and considering that you can still play online with firmware 6.0, I see no reason to update (even less so since no games required it either). As for keys, they need to be either dumped from your console using a homebrew app such as kezplez or obtained outside of this forum since they are copyrighted then follow the instructions of the .XCI installer such as ZeroTwoXCI.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks!
Regarding 2: I read something about turning the Card Slot unusable if not taking care of some additional file, that's why I am a bit worried and searching for an easy to follow tutorial for noobs.
ChoiDujourNX has instructions for you to configure your Hekate launch profile if you plan to use Hekate to launch your CFW such as Atmosphere. If you are planning on using ReiNX, the additional file is in the form of a file named nogc and is placed in the ReiNX folder. SX OS does not support this additional file whether it be through Hekate or nogc.

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles

Here is tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-universal-cfw-instalation-guide.517122/
You need to download firmware from somewhere (xbins website)

Guys I have installed successfully 5.1 and at the end it said it enables AutoRCM. Now my question is:

1) What is AutoRCM battery drain to death? How can I stop it
2) Can I destroy/brick w/e my switch with this AutoRCM turned on?
3) What should I do to stop w/e can happen to my switch

Drillakilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont have a chip myself but provided your you have the appropriate files in root of your sd card, then yes. Im new member and cant provide web links but SX OX both have useful tutorials on their site and youtube on how to do this.

Thanks buddy.
Can't see anything on how to boot SX os using hekate?

Aldath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok guys, big doubt...
Games like BOTW and Mario Odyssey needed additional data download to be able to play, even as a cartridge. If I get banned and I want to play one of these games as an xci, then, it becomes impossible to play those since I get no access to internet anymore, right? Is there a way to get the rest of the data offline?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, big doubt...
Games like BOTW and Mario Odyssey needed additional data download to be able to play, even as a cartridge. If I get banned and I want to play one of these games as an xci, then, it becomes impossible to play those since I get no access to internet anymore, right? Is there a way to get the rest of the data offline?
Download and install the update in .NSP format and install it with a title installer such as Rommenu, DevMenu, or Tinfoil. Alternatively, you can just download and install the game in .NSP format and install it that way since it will have the required data to play already. These are one of the shortcomings of .XCI files.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen any compatibility issues with 6.0.1 yet and considering that you can still play online with firmware 6.0, I see no reason to update (even less so since no games required it either). As for keys, they need to be either dumped from your console using a homebrew app such as kezplez or obtained outside of this forum since they are copyrighted then follow the instructions of the .XCI installer such as ZeroTwoXCI.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ChoiDujourNX has instructions for you to configure your Hekate launch profile if you plan to use Hekate to launch your CFW such as Atmosphere. If you are planning on using ReiNX, the additional file is in the form of a file named nogc and is placed in the ReiNX folder. SX OS does not support this additional file whether it be through Hekate or nogc.
what is the purpose of the keys?

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tools for converting .XCI into .NSP files and those that install .XCI files need the keys to decrypt then reencrypt the games in order to work. If they are already in .NSP format, you don't need keys to install them.
so if i go through with this its pretty much a difinite that im getting banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can be posibble to have only homebrew (im not interest in xci or nsp games) and not get ban
If you make a clean NAND backup before hacking the console, stay offline with all of your homebrew, then restore that clean NAND before going online, then you can avoid a ban regardless of whatever hacks you perform. Be warned that you must make subsequent NAND backups every time you intend to return offline to perform more hacks because you cannot restore the same NAND backup twice.
i got a PC now nintendo has it coming from me for being anti-consumer.
All companies ban users for violating their Terms of Service. This has been a standard practice for years. You yourself accepted the Terms of Service when you use their online services. Either don't use them or obey the Terms.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

herbal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've just updated the Switch to 5.1 using ChoiDujour and I am running SX OS.
So does that mean when running SXOS my Card Slot will automatically become useless if I ever decide to downgrade because SX OS does not support this additional file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.