Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

veggav

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to ask a very noob question.
When you hack your switch, I see people talking about autoboot.

If you hack it and turn the switch off, you need to go all over again pushing a payload? Using a jig etc etc?
Or once it's hacked it's hacked for good?

Drillakilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If you hack it and turn the switch off, you need to go all over again pushing a payload? Using a jig etc etc?

If you powerdown completely, you will need to hack / push payload again. From what I understand, having a modchip will automate this all for you if you use autoboot and select a custom firmware.

Reactions: veggav

sbkkyle

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi everyone...
I have a question, which one of these 2 Switches is hackable, their serial are XAJ70021207XXX and XAJ70037684XXX
Thank in advance :yay:

OneFallenLeaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, has anyone used tinfoil to verified an NSP before? seems confusing to me when, all gamesI check have this warning of
{xxnumber programinfo.xml is missing, xxnumber nacp.xml is missing, xxnumber legalinfo.xml is missing and NSP is installable, but incomplete.}
I've used 2 different memory card and they both show this
Can anyone else be so kind as to verify their NSP file from Tinfoil to see if it's just me or not.
I checked for corrupted data after installation, only golf story and valkarie 4 have corrupted data found where as others are fine and I do not experience game crash.
all of witch installed from umbra > softcombra site.

Last edited by OneFallenLeaf,

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

You do have to push a payload every boot, but you don't have to use a jig. The jig is what triggers RCM mode. With AutoRCM it is automatically triggered upon device boot. Note that you will have to push a payload if you want to use the system at all when AutoRCM is enabled.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi everyone...
I have a question, which one of these 2 Switches is hackable, their serial are XAJ70021207XXX and XAJ70037684XXX
Thank in advance :yay:

Looks like both are hackable. You can verify in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought a new Switch! According to the serial number it seems to be vulnerable to fusee gelee, haven't tested that yet though. I've ordered a jig to try that later. Installed FW is 4.0.1, it's never been connected online. I want to keep my system as open to hacking as possible.
I have a retail cartridge Super Mario Odyssey. It is asking me to update. Can I do that? I thought this game would require a lower FW, being quite 'old' ?
Newer revisions of retail cartridges have come out that require higher firmwares due to having updates also pre-installed. Check the cartridge revision here.

Autoboot refers to the console defaulting to a certain launch configuration, or CFW, upon pushing a payload. Autoboot cannot be triggered without sending a payload and you cannot send a payload without entering RCM first so its not the untethered coldboot that you think it is. You can also remove the jig portion by installing AutoRCM.
Hi, has anyone used tinfoil to verified an NSP before? seems confusing to me when, all gamesI check have this warning of
{xxnumber programinfo.xml is missing, xxnumber nacp.xml is missing, xxnumber legalinfo.xml is missing and NSP is installable, but incomplete.}
I've used 2 different memory card and they both show this
Can anyone else be so kind as to verify their NSP file from Tinfoil to see if it's just me or not.
I checked for corrupted data after installation, only golf story and valkarie 4 have corrupted data found where as others are fine and I do not experience game crash.
all of witch installed from umbra > softcombra site.
.XML files are not installed into the console and dumps not made by BBB are missing these files. So while the NSP verifier will alert you that it is missing these files, they are unnecessary for the purposes of backup launching.
How long does it take to dump a large game? Say 15gb?
It would depend on your SD card but my roughest guess is around an hour.
if i hack my switch could i use it as a SDK?
SDK's aren't on the console; they are developed for use on a computer. When developers are programming games for the Switch, they make it on a computer first then test it on the Switch.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newer revisions of retail cartridges have come out that require higher firmwares due to having updates also pre-installed.
Autoboot refers to the console defaulting to a certain launch configuration, or CFW, upon pushing a payload. Autoboot cannot be triggered without sending a payload and you cannot send a payload without entering RCM first so its not the untethered coldboot that you think it is. You can also remove the jig portion by installing AutoRCM.
.XML files are not installed into the console and dumps not made by BBB are missing these files. So while the NSP verifier will alert you that it is missing these files, they are unnecessary for the purposes of backup launching.
It would depend on your SD card but my roughest guess is around an hour.
SDK's aren't on the console; they are developed for use on a computer. When developers are programming games for the Switch, they make it on a computer first then test it on the Switch.
well yea, let's say hypothetically if i wanted to port resident evil 5 with capcom permission, could i use my switch to do that essentially

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well yea, let's say hypothetically if i wanted to port resident evil 5 with capcom permission, could i use my switch to do that essentially
Well yes but it would have to done from your computer, not the Switch. If the Switch is hacked, it may make testing easier since you can bypass some of the checks but you cannot develop a game for the Switch on the Switch.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yes but it would have to done from your computer, not the Switch. If the Switch is hacked, it may make testing easier since you can bypass some of the checks but you cannot develop a game for the Switch on the Switch.
the first part was the question I aked, I worded it weird. it must be freaking hard to port a game over. like what would a group have to do

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first part was the question I aked, I worded it weird. it must be freaking hard to port a game over. like what would a group have to do
Apply to become a Nintendo developer by showing off that you have a work in progress and if they like it enough, will send you the SDK or find one of the leaked SDK's on the Internet.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apply to become a Nintendo developer by showing off that you have a work in progress and if they like it enough, will send you the SDK or find one of the leaked SDK's on the Internet.
there is no way im ever gonna do anything good enough for them.
I mean i own a copy of RE5 gold edition, im just curious about how the benchmarks would run in Linux and that would give me a baseline.

Last edited by Dominator211,

Amilcar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello all. I hacked my switch that was on 4.1 to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX process to not burn fuses. I will evaluate if I will continue like this because to be quite honest not sure if it will do help antyhing in the future. The question is about AutoRCM and me still not convinced about this (I already read several points about it). I am using SX OS for the hack, how can I shutdown the console with AutoRCM and how can I prove it is really shutdown with no baterry being drained?

Thank you all for the great community, learned everything here to do the hack, play the games, etc..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. I hacked my switch that was on 4.1 to 5.1 using ChoiDujourNX process to not burn fuses. I will evaluate if I will continue like this because to be quite honest not sure if it will do help antyhing in the future. The question is about AutoRCM and me still not convinced about this (I already read several points about it). I am using SX OS for the hack, how can I shutdown the console with AutoRCM and how can I prove it is really shutdown with no baterry being drained?

Thank you all for the great community, learned everything here to do the hack, play the games, etc..
Read this thread on the different ways of turning off a console with AutoRCM and why it doesn't always shut off: https://gbatemp.net/threads/psa-man...es-not-turn-off-a-switch-with-autorcm.515402/

Reactions: Amilcar

Amilcar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Read this thread on the different ways of turning off a console with AutoRCM and why it doesn't always shut off:

Thank you so much that was light fast response. I read that thread but unfortunately I dint understand how to do it. Probably I am dumb (almost 100% sure:) however thank you again for support.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much that was light fast response. I read that thread but unfortunately I dint understand how to do it. Probably I am dumb (almost 100% sure:) however thank you again for support.
I included a tl;dr section at the very end since the bulk of the thread is me explaining how I reached the conclusions found in the tl;dr section.

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received the Atmosphere dongle and had a couple questions.

I have been set up on 5.1 with auto RCM running and was curious if it is best to shut it off since my payload injector / jig just arrived?
I am assuming with the payload injector the benefit is that I can shut off the Switch now and not always have it in sleep mode / auto RCM....just curious if is safe if I were to ever boot into regular firmware ---> will it burn fuses etc?

My Switch was new on 4.1 when I bought it and I made a NAND backup right away then used the method to upgrade without burning fuses just in case I ever need to go back etc.

I also noticed the jig that comes with the Atmosphere appears to have pins 9 and 10 as opposed to 1 and 10....I am assuming that it is safe but was just curious if the semi-bricking I heard about with 9 and 10 only applies to the Joycons and is ok for the Atmosphere jig to have.

Thanks for any help!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just received the Atmosphere dongle and had a couple questions.

I have been set up on 5.1 with auto RCM running and was curious if it is best to shut it off since my payload injector / jig just arrived?
I am assuming with the payload injector the benefit is that I can shut off the Switch now and not always have it in sleep mode / auto RCM....just curious if is safe if I were to ever boot into regular firmware ---> will it burn fuses etc?

My Switch was new on 4.1 when I bought it and I made a NAND backup right away then used the method to upgrade without burning fuses just in case I ever need to go back etc.

I also noticed the jig that comes with the Atmosphere appears to have pins 9 and 10 as opposed to 1 and 10....I am assuming that it is safe but was just curious if the semi-bricking I heard about with 9 and 10 only applies to the Joycons and is ok for the Atmosphere jig to have.

Thanks for any help!
I believe turning off the console while the dongle is attached will turn it off with or without AutoRCM however I do not have a dongle to confirm this but this is what I have heard from other modchip users.

As for the jig, if pins 9 & 10 are bridged when you enter Horizon, OFW or CFW, then your right Joy-Con will be semi-bricked. The solution is to remove the jig before you enter Horizon but obviously after you enter RCM since the purpose of the jig is to enter RCM. You don't even need the jig inserted any longer once you enter RCM.

Reactions: CobraX83

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe turning off the console while the dongle is attached will turn it off with or without AutoRCM however I do not have a dongle to confirm this but this is what I have heard from other modchip users.

As for the jig, if pins 9 & 10 are bridged when you enter Horizon, OFW or CFW, then your right Joy-Con will be semi-bricked. The solution is to remove the jig before you enter Horizon but obviously after you enter RCM since the purpose of the jig is to enter RCM. You don't even need the jig inserted any longer once you enter RCM.

Hey thanks for the response. I guess I got a bit confused. I was thinking of going the route of being able to shut it off when not in use and just use the jig/payload injector when I want to turn it on and play it.

Right now it is in sleep mode with auto RCM on. The injector has the ReiNX bin written to it and I was curious if I can shut off auto RCM and just use the jig/payload combo to test out etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom