Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GHub25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is there any vids/tutorials on how to use the Nintendo Switch saves from here? I have SX-OS and a complete noob. Help please :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which method do you recommend? I am ok with following guides, biggest concern is the Jig making. I have never made a Jig before, not handy with delicate electronics and DIY...
Order a jig today from eBay, look for a seller that ships from US. I spent $3.50 and had it within 5 days, even with 3x readers my eyes are just to old to do detail work and I dont have a good magnifying glass setup.

I did the back up and then used RajNX, no particular reason just had to pick one. Very simple, pretty much drag files onto the SD card.

Go poke around the Saves sub for info on messing around with saves as i dont do much of that. Checkpoint is a frequently mentioned homebrew for that but there are probably others as well.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is there any vids/tutorials on how to use the Nintendo Switch saves from here? I have SX-OS and a complete noob. Help please :)
Download Checkpoint and put it on your SD card. Then run it like you would any other homebrew on SX OS.
Dumped 3 games on switch and now there are game icons on the dashboard, how to get rid of them?
I think Data Management can remove data from games from the Home screen.

Reactions: GHub25 and ganons

shusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
How can i send the payload like hekate or reinx with linux? no automatic process needed, i just need a simple replacement for the windonws tegrarcmgui im using now that runs under a standard linux distro (gui or consolebased)

I use this online-method on OSX:
https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/

Works great!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been reading here a lot for the last few weeks and think I do understand most of it, but I still have a few questions.

I hope you can help me.

I have a brand new switch with FW 4.0.1 which I just used to make a full nand-backup with Hekate (all available options) and I also dumped the keys with biskeydump.

This is what I would like to do:
  1. Update to 5.1.0 without burning fuses
  2. Make nand-backup in case something goes wrong and fuses are burnt, I could at least restore a clean 5.1.0
  3. Enable brickmii/AutoRCM
  4. Use SX Pro
I’m not sure how to make the upgrade. As the switch still is clean, I think I could make an official online update and enter RCM after the reboot to install Auto RCM.

So here are my questions:

1. Should I make an official update or use ChoiDujourNX?

2. If an official update would be OK, should I afterwards use brickmii or AutoRCM or anything else?

3. I would also need exFAT support, what's the best way to get it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this online-method on OSX:
https://fusee-gelee.firebaseapp.com/

Works great!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've been reading here a lot for the last few weeks and think I do understand most of it, but I still have a few questions.

I hope you can help me.

I have a brand new switch with FW 4.0.1 which I just used to make a full nand-backup with Hekate (all available options) and I also dumped the keys with biskeydump.

This is what I would like to do:
  1. Update to 5.1.0 without burning fuses
  2. Make nand-backup in case something goes wrong and fuses are burnt, I could at least restore a clean 5.1.0
  3. Enable brickmii/AutoRCM
  4. Use SX Pro
I’m not sure how to make the upgrade. As the switch still is clean, I think I could make an official online update and enter RCM after the reboot to install Auto RCM.

So here are my questions:

1. Should I make an official update or use ChoiDujourNX?

2. If an official update would be OK, should I afterwards use brickmii or AutoRCM or anything else?

3. I would also need exFAT support, what's the best way to get it?
Well first and foremost, I would make the NAND backup before updating to 5.1 without burning fuses. Also, when you update to 5.1 without burning fuses, it'll install AutoRCM for you so you don't have to enable it yourself (unless you choose to disable it during the updating process).
  1. I would recommend using ChoiDujourNX
  2. After an official update, your fuses will be burnt so the usage of AutoRCM at that point would only be to remove the need for a jig
  3. ChoiDujourNX can also give you exFAT

Reactions: shusai

shusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well first and foremost, I would make the NAND backup before updating to 5.1 without burning fuses.
Thanks for your reply!
I already did make a NAND backup of 4.0.1. on the very first boot.

1. I would recommend using ChoiDujourNX
Ok, I will use ChoiDujourNX then.

2. After an official update, your fuses will be burnt so the usage of AutoRCM at that point would only be to remove the need for a jig
I thought the fuses would not be burned during the install, only when starting the OFW after the reboot, so entering RCM just after the update should prevent this. I got this from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/

3. ChoiDujourNX can also give you exFAT
Oh, thats good.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question: I restored my clean nand but I used checkpoint on CFW (totally offline) to restore my saves.
It was weird because all games already on console had to be downloaded again because the Switch recognized them as from another user. I even made a online check (on Horizon) and it said the user wasn't authorized to play those games.
I redownloaded them and they work flawlessy, but using checkpoint (even offline) and this check made me worry if my nand is currently clean.
Will I need to restore it again?

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I thought the fuses would not be burned during the install, only when starting the OFW after the reboot, so entering RCM just after the update should prevent this. I got this from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/

They won't burn during the install, but if you manually try to enter RCM mode afterwards and make a mistake, the Switch will boot using the original Nintendo Bootloader and burn the fuses. It's somewhat risky.

If I restore my switch NAND I won't have any error reports, right?

No, not as long as your Nand backup doesn't contain any error reports to begin with. But be careful. If you have already sent reports to Nintendo using your current system, and you restore a Clean Nand with no error reports, it's effectively the same as clearing them and Nintendo will know this.

Reactions: shusai

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the fuses would not be burned during the install, only when starting the OFW after the reboot, so entering RCM just after the update should prevent this. I got this from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/an-easy...ch-firmware-without-burning-any-fuses.511847/.
They will burn IF you boot into RCM during the console reboot after it installs the update. And this is not 100% guaranteed as entering RCM is user-dependent (as well as whatever you are using to enter RCM in the first place). Hence why the thread has risky in its title.
Quick question: I restored my clean nand but I used checkpoint on CFW (totally offline) to restore my saves.
It was weird because all games already on console had to be downloaded again because the Switch recognized them as from another user. I even made a online check (on Horizon) and it said the user wasn't authorized to play those games.
I redownloaded them and they work flawlessy, but using checkpoint (even offline) and this check made me worry if my nand is currently clean.
Will I need to restore it again?
Depends on when those games were installed. If they were installed after the NAND backup, then that data would be wiped from the console as the NAND backup you restore has no idea you installed those games.

shusai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
They won't burn during the install, but if you manually try to enter RCM mode afterwards and make a mistake, the Switch will boot using the original Nintendo Bootloader and burn the fuses. It's somewhat risky.

They will burn IF you boot into RCM during the console reboot after it installs the update. And this is not 100% guaranteed as entering RCM is user-dependent (as well as whatever you are using to enter RCM in the first place). Hence why the thread has risky in its title.

I see.
Though they say "no risk - no fun", I'll use the safe ChoiDujourNX.

Thanks for your help!

Reactions: Draxzelex

Omar2325

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

No, not as long as your Nand backup doesn't contain any error reports to begin with. But be careful. If you have already sent reports to Nintendo using your current system, and you restore a Clean Nand with no error reports, it's effectively the same as clearing them and Nintendo will know this.
I mean, the backup I know it doesn't have any reports, but with my current NAND I have error reports but haven't connected to the internet. If I restore the previous NAND it is like never having an error report, right?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I ordered a Jig today from Amazon and hope to start hacking my Switch early next week. Anyway, before I proceed, I read somewhere on here that I need to have exfat support or something on my Switch? What do I need to know? My Switch was purchased on US launch day, but is on System FW 5.0.1 I think... Any help appreciated :)

XaneTenshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I mean, the backup I know it doesn't have any reports, but with my current NAND I have error reports but haven't connected to the internet. If I restore the previous NAND it is like never having an error report, right?

As long as you are certain you have not connected to the internet with your current Nand, there won't be a problem even if your backup Nand doesn't contain any error reports

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

So reporting errors make your console doomed to ban? That's not what other users are speculatiing, specially @Draxzelex, who's active in this thread. I'd like to have a second opinion on this.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I ordered a Jig today from Amazon and hope to start hacking my Switch early next week. Anyway, before I proceed, I read somewhere on here that I need to have exfat support or something on my Switch? What do I need to know? My Switch was purchased on US launch day, but is on System FW 5.0.1 I think... Any help appreciated :)
Use ChoiDujourNX to get the exFAT update as it is the easiest way to get it offline.
So reporting errors make your console doomed to ban? That's not what other users are speculatiing, specially @Draxzelex, who's active in this thread. I'd like to have a second opinion on this.
Let's construct a simple scenario. Say the NAND is represented with this blue box and connecting online means showing this blue box to Nintendo. If I enable Airplane Mode or put a sheet over the box, Nintendo won't know what I'm doing with the box until I take off the sheet. So say I paint it red but keep the sheet on at all times. Then before I take off the sheet, I return it to its original blue color and thus Nintendo sees no modifications to it. However if you paint it red without the sheet covering it, Nintendo will see that you modified it meaning you cannot return it to its original blue color.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Made nand backup on switch, had multiple crashes when trying to dump the keys but did succeed in the end. Dumped 3 games and have been on flight mode, not installed any nsps.

Any chance of a ban going online?

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ChoiDujourNX to get the exFAT update as it is the easiest way to get it offline.
Let's construct a simple scenario. Say the NAND is represented with this blue box and connecting online means showing this blue box to Nintendo. If I enable Airplane Mode or put a sheet over the box, Nintendo won't know what I'm doing with the box until I take off the sheet. So say I paint it red but keep the sheet on at all times. Then before I take off the sheet, I return it to its original blue color and thus Nintendo sees no modifications to it. However if you paint it red without the sheet covering it, Nintendo will see that you modified it meaning you cannot return it to its original blue color.

Thanks so much for help! I have been reading some of the threads on here and it seems that AutoRCM may be the best method for me, as I won't have to use Jig each time. Anyway, is there a guide for install/use of AutoRCM? Help appreciated :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...