Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

D

Deleted-188346

So I bought a 2nd Switch that will be kept entirely offline to use with SX OS (don't want to risk a ban, ever), and my other Switch will be kept online to use for games that have online functionality. I have a few questions:
  • Is there any way to be able to use my legitimately purchased DLC on the offline SX OS Switch?
  • Would I be able to play all my legitimate games (with DLC) with SX OS on my 2nd Switch if I did the following:
  1. Perform a user transfer from my legitimate Switch to my 2nd Switch.
  2. Disable WIFI/turn on flight mode and perform a full NAND backup on the 2nd Switch.
  3. Turn on WIFI /disable flight mode and do a user transfer back to the legitimate Switch.
  4. Restore the NAND backup on my 2nd Switch (and keep it offline permanently).
  • Can I use the "match version with local users" feature to keep backups updated on my 2nd Switch?
Thanks!

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick noobish question, im trying to use nxloader with a usbc to usbc cable and itd not working, do i really need to get a otg adapter inbetween to basicly reach the same setup (c to c)

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok so I finally got a jig and I'm on the latest FW.
I don't have access to a computer with USB 3.0, so I'll probably need to run the payloader via android.
So, besides the jig, what else do I need? What guide is more relevant and reliable nowadays?
I just want to run some emulators.

Ceuse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick noobish question, im trying to use nxloader with a usbc to usbc cable and itd not working, do i really need to get a otg adapter inbetween to basicly reach the same setup (c to c)
Nevermind just found out that i need to enable otg storage, for anyone wondering.

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I finally got a jig and I'm on the latest FW.
I don't have access to a computer with USB 3.0, so I'll probably need to run the payloader via android.
So, besides the jig, what else do I need? What guide is more relevant and reliable nowadays?
I just want to run some emulators.
That should be good other than the software stuffs, which are all addressed in the tutorial page below.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-4-x-5-x.504012/
For video guide, you can find lots of very helpful walkthrough on installing homebrew on 5.1.0 on youtube just by searching "5.1.0 homebrew installation".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi! I've got 3 questions concerning SX OS. Appreciate your answers!
1. Can I run my legitimately purchased games in the SX CFW? I would have thought this was a given but reading their "features" it said "Using the SX OS Launcher you can easily boot into the normal Nintendo Switch firmware to enjoy your original games", which seem to imply that you need to be on the original firmware to play non-backups. Is this accurate?
2. I can't play in docked mode while running SX OS right?
3. Can I still update the backups? But as long as I'm online there's high risk of ban even if I don't ever play online or go into Eshop right?
Thanks!

Last edited by daijobu,
Reactions: horokeusama

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I bought a 2nd Switch that will be kept entirely offline to use with SX OS (don't want to risk a ban, ever), and my other Switch will be kept online to use for games that have online functionality. I have a few questions:
  • Is there any way to be able to use my legitimately purchased DLC on the offline SX OS Switch?
  • Would I be able to play all my legitimate games (with DLC) with SX OS on my 2nd Switch if I did the following:
  2. Disable WIFI/turn on flight mode and perform a full NAND backup on the 2nd Switch.
  3. Turn on WIFI /disable flight mode and do a user transfer back to the legitimate Switch.
  • Can I use the "match version with local users" feature to keep backups updated on my 2nd Switch?
Thanks!

Why did you dont want a risk a ban but you are already banning yourself keeping entirely offline, whats the difference? I just trying to know if there is some harm in being banned besides not being able to play online

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why did you dont want a risk a ban but you are already banning yourself keeping entirely offline, whats the difference? I just trying to know if there is some harm in being banned besides not being able to play online
Well if he does enable online with the hacked Switch, he will never be able to play online again with his accounts. Whereas if he voluntarily shuts off online with the hacked switch, he will still be able to play online with his accounts on the unhacked switch. TBH it's pretty easy to understand.

Reactions: Deleted-188346

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well if he does enable online with the hacked Switch, he will never be able to play online again with his accounts. Whereas if he voluntarily shuts off online with the hacked switch, he will still be able to play online with his accounts on the unhacked switch. TBH it's pretty easy to understand.

So you get a account ban too? I tought you could just unlink the account even with the ban and play in another console, didnt know that they ban console+ all accounts, thanks.

But even if thats the case, wouldnt be easier to just use a second account on the hacked switch? If you will hack your switch and use it entirely offline why use an account that has games, etc?

Last edited by Matheuscas,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I load a payload from my phone which doesn't have usb-c port, if I use a USB c cable with a micro usb adapter on the end?
Yes, all you need is an OTG adapter.
Thanks!
The method you described sounds risky. It could lead to a ban. IDK if anyone's tried it yet though, so I don't really know if it would work or not. Worst case scenario, your account gets banned, which you don't want. I would ask around on other threads, or create a new thread for this.
Hi! I've got 3 questions concerning SX OS. Appreciate your answers!
1. Can I run my legitimately purchased games in the SX CFW? I would have thought this was a given but reading their "features" it said "Using the SX OS Launcher you can easily boot into the normal Nintendo Switch firmware to enjoy your original games", which seem to imply that you need to be on the original firmware to play non-backups. Is this accurate?
2. I can't play in docked mode while running SX OS right?
3. Can I pull the memory stick out of the Switch while running SX OS? Or should I power off each time before doing that?
Thanks!

1. You can play your legit games in SX os, but if you want to play them online, it's probably better to boot into horizon

2. You can play in docked mode while using sx os

3. Always power off before removing the SD card

D

Deleted-188346

You got it. This way I can play online with my legit Switch and play free games (that either don't have online or the online doesn't interest me) on the hacked Switch.

No risk of ban, and if someone figures out how to ensure I cannot be banned for homebrew crashing or running offline backups I can then restore a NAND backup and just sell the offline system if it isn't somehow banned.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Matheuscas

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you get a account ban too? I tought you could just unlink the account even with the ban and play in another console, didnt know that they ban console+ all accounts, thanks.

But even if thats the case, wouldnt be easier to just use a second account on the hacked switch? If you will hack your switch and use it entirely offline why use an account that has games, etc?
I'm not entirely sure as I haven't been banned and I've read different accounts where both accounts (all of them on that particular Switch) and the console itself are banned, and case where only the account or the console is banned. I think the former tends to happen more often, when you will not be able to use the accounts banned on a new, unhacked Switch and the Console itself also got locked. But don't quote me on this as I gathered these info purely from reading other people's anecdotes.

PEVOx

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So what do you think about the SX OS mod? It is safe? I have to enable autoRCM once installed on the console?
I will follow this guide to do the mod, but I want to be sure that is safe:

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what do you think about the SX OS mod? It is safe? I have to enable autoRCM once installed on the console?
I will follow this guide to do the mod, but I want to be sure that is safe:

What do you mean by "safe"? If by safe you mean low chance of ban, if you play online with it, you will very likely get banned, so stay offline/airplane mode. If you are worried about whether this is a scam or will brick your console, so far many people have used the OS and I haven't read anyone complaining about getting bricked or scammed by TX, so I don't think you need to worry about some deliberate ploy here. I don't think TX OS is safer or less safe than other CFW methods available right now. Know that whenever you mod your console, there's always a risk of something unexpected to happen. That's all I can say.
You don't have to enable autoRCM once installed. Do that only if you don't want to use the jig/modded joystick everytime you start up the Switch. I think it's worth it unless you want to be able to power your console off each time and want to boot up to OFW often.

Last edited by daijobu,

Shakushi007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just bought a new Switch, when I turn it on the Firmware was 4.0. So I wonder if I should update firmware to 5.x, because I read some thread and see that I have to connect my Switch to the online store one time and it will make me update if I want to connect to the online store, thanks in advance!

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, I just bought a new Switch, when I turn it on the Firmware was 4.0. So I wonder if I should update firmware to 5.x, because I read some thread and see that I have to connect my Switch to the online store one time and it will make me update if I want to connect to the online store, thanks in advance!

If you need/want to get to the store for some reason, you need to update im pretty certain. I just updated to lastest FW after a year of waiting.

Reactions: Shakushi007

jlee13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an SX OS Pro on order, guessing I'll have it mid to end of July. I'm on 4.1 right now. Should I just upgrade to the latest firmware? Do you need to be on the latest firmware to use the dongle/os/games? I was holding off for a softmod option, but is that holding me back if I want to use the dongle?

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an SX OS Pro on order, guessing I'll have it mid to end of July. I'm on 4.1 right now. Should I just upgrade to the latest firmware? Do you need to be on the latest firmware to use the dongle/os/games? I was holding off for a softmod option, but is that holding me back if I want to use the dongle?

I was 4.1.0 forever, just updated to the latest before using SX OS, the way i see it it has everything I wanted and the possibility to run later games down the line. I think any kind of softmod is possibly years away, so have done with what I can use right now.

Reactions: jlee13

Kanolein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello :o
I just have a question... If my Switch is banner can i get game Updates and cons ole Updates or am i Banner there too?

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello :o
I just have a question... If my Switch is banner can i get game Updates and cons ole Updates or am i Banner there too?
People have reported that you can still update games as long as the icons are still on the Switch menu. I'm not sure about firmware update.

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I dont get one thing. Eventually nintendo will launch games that requires a new firmware. So, to update we'll have to connect the console to the internet (or theres another way to update?) and possibly be banned. So whats the point leaving the console offline now? Wont we get banned sooner or later?

I am thinking about use sx os and also play online in the ofw, knowing i'll be banned eventually, when this occurs, I just remain playing the backup games and sell the original cartridges.

I just want to know what I will lost if I get banned, a lot of people seems to be very afraid of getting a ban, but if its just the online to me its fine. (and I guess when you mod your switch you almost choose to lose online).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?