Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Damn .So basically , if you brick your sysnand which alrealy went online by the past , restoring an old sysnand backup would be a risk even if the firmware of the backup is the same as the bricked one ?
In short words, YES. give a try to the Banning hub thread.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve already used tegraexplorer by the past to clean a dirty nand , it didn’t brick anything.And if i had a nand backup that had the same firmware as my actual corrupted nand (the latest) , it would match what they have ? Based on what impeeza said ,restoring a sysnand backup which went online is always risky apparently.
(I really appreciate your help , thanks for taking the time to help me)
tegraexplorer cleaning process do not brick per se, but Big N introduced some changes on FW 17 wich combined with the clean process could generate a soft brick, that soft brick even happened with big N tools. Atmosphère 1.6.1 try to fix it but not always can be recovered.

Near14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In short words, YES. give a try to the Banning hub thread.
Post automatically merged:

tegraexplorer cleaning process do not brick per se, but Big N introduced some changes on FW 17 wich combined with the clean process could generate a soft brick, that soft brick even happened with big N tools. Atmosphère 1.6.1 try to fix it but not always can be recovered.
I got it thank you , so basically what is the way that you would recommend to me.Since im cooked with no backup ?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I got it thank you , so basically what is the way that you would recommend to me.Since im cooked with no backup ?
you can:

restore your backup, put latest firmware, and going online risking to a ban.

restore your backup, put latest firmware, and keeping it offline, basically autobanning yourself.

Near14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can:

restore your backup, put latest firmware, and going online risking to a ban.

restore your backup, put latest firmware, and keeping it offline, basically autobanning yourself.
Were there cases like me before lmao so i can see if im cooked for sure or nah :rofl::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

jknx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wanted to know if there's any way to play super smash bros ultimate mods without a half baked answer. There's barely any good answer, post or a fully explained tutorial on which server I can use, or an alternative server at the most since I'm aware it's a bit dicey.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve already used tegraexplorer by the past to clean a dirty nand , it didn’t brick anything.And if i had a nand backup that had the same firmware as my actual corrupted nand (the latest) , it would match what they have ? Based on what impeeza said ,restoring a sysnand backup which went online is always risky apparently.
(I really appreciate your help , thanks for taking the time to help me)

Using daybreak to update your firmware to play online is just a bad idea, you should have make a backup of 18.1.0 when you first updated.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Did somepeople get banned because of updating with daybreak to the last verison tho ? like the same case as me ?

It's not the update per se IMO but due to a potential mismatch in records between your switch and ninty's end. Officially, the only way to update OFW is by contacting ninty's server and retrieving said update, thus leaving a record on their end. But if you use daybreak, there's no record of your switch ever contacting ninty's server to retrieve said update yet you somehow managed to get it updated. Whether ninty bans for that though is up for debate and the question is honestly a hard to answer one. You will get both yes and no answers if you look it up.

Bear in mind that not everyone who gets banned because of x/y/z will report it and even those that do, it's hard to say if it is actually that particular action that they think got them banned or another thing. Even for those who have yet to be banned, it's hard to say whether they have been tagged by ninty and due for a delayed ban (because ninty doesn't always ban immediately).

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

Near14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not the update per se IMO but due to a potential mismatch in records between your switch and ninty's end. Officially, the only way to update OFW is by contacting ninty's server and retrieving said update, thus leaving a record on their end. But if you use daybreak, there's no record of your switch ever contacting ninty's server to retrieve said update yet you somehow managed to get it updated. Whether ninty bans for that though is up for debate and the question is honestly a hard to answer one. You will get both yes and no answers if you look it up.

Bear in mind that not everyone who gets banned because of x/y/z will report it and even those that do, it's hard to say if it is actually that particular action that they think got them banned or another thing. Even for those who have yet to be banned, it's hard to say whether they have been tagged by ninty and due for a delayed ban (because ninty doesn't always ban immediately).
Mmmm thanks for your answer.Yes using daybreak leave no record at their end but it's not supposed too for me since i just wanna get back to 18.1.0 which i got from nintedo servers.Obviously like you say there's no strict answer so im just gonna go with it and we see. Thanks for help y'all

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Mmmm thanks for your answer.Yes using daybreak leave no record at their end but it's not supposed too for me since i just wanna get back to 18.1.0 which i got from nintedo servers.Obviously like you say there's no strict answer so im just gonna go with it and we see. Thanks for help y'all

It might end up leaving 2 records (based on telemetry in nand) of you updating to 1.8.1.0 and the second attempt (if by daybreak) not being initiated from ninty's end, that could look suspicious.

Either way, hope it turns out ok for you.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

prof73

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, I have been playing Factorio 1.0.69 for four days straight no problem at all..

then I updated to 1.0.107, but after passing the "factorio" logo loading screen it crashes

then so i went back to 1.0.69 and the weird thing is that after factorio logo loading screen, it crashes as well, black screen pop out and says "the sofware was closed because an error occured.

so i deleted the save ticket, save data, the game itself and re-install the 1.0.69, but it crashes everytime, no file is in there, i mean i wipe it out as far as i know

anyone idea on how to fix this?
i was playing before without any problem at all at 1.0.69
and im fine playing with 1.0.69 no more update

please help me

figfigfig0219

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Error going into Gallery : Error Code: 2144-0001 (0x290), Program: 0100000000001000, cfw 18.10, Atmosphere 1.71

Hi! Hoping someone is able to help me out. I have updated to 18.1.0, Atmosphere 1.71.
I'm unable to go into the gallery. Whenever i go into Gallery, the switch crashes.

Error Code: 2144-0001 (0x290)​
Program: 0100000000001000​
Firmware: 18.1.0 (Atmosphère 1.7.1-master-39c201e37)​
An error has occurred.​

Holding R while opening a game brings me to "Unable to start software"

Newish games play alright, including paper mario and metal slug attack reloaded. Tinfoil works on the main menu.

The latest hbmenu.nro (v3.6.0 Lateston Oct 28, 2023) is present on the root of the sdcard. There isnt a "0100000000001000" folder in atmosphere/contents. I do not have any themes installed.

Am I missing something?

SOLVED: Missing hbl.nsp in Atmosphere folder. It works now!!

Last edited by figfigfig0219,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Am I missing something?
Did you try with fresh Atmosphere install? Make a backup of your Atmosphere folder on your PC and remove it from your SD card, and redownload the latest Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card again, and try one more time. Maybe it will fix the crash.

Near14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It might end up leaving 2 records (based on telemetry in nand) of you updating to 1.8.1.0 and the second attempt (if by daybreak) not being initiated from ninty's end, that could look suspicious.

Either way, hope it turns out ok for you.
Got it, then maybe the best way to do it is to update totally offline and use tegraexplorer to get rid of every thing. So it maybe won’t send incoherent data to big n. But It would still doesn’t match my previous nand’s data like hayato said.
Anyway thanks for help appreciate it

injectx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster here. I've succesfully modded a v2 Switch and did an OLED today.
Everything went well, formatted my SD card to FAT32, copied everything over from HATS 1.71. I made a backup of my keys with Lockpick RCM and did a emuMMC backup. So far so good.

Next up I want to boot into EMUMMC but the screen just stays black.
Booting into SYSMMC also gives a black screen.

I tried loading Atmosphere using fusee.bin in the Payload section, the screen shows a Atmosphere image but it just stays that way.

Am I missing something here?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi guys. Long time reader, first time poster here. I've succesfully modded a v2 Switch and did an OLED today.
Everything went well, formatted my SD card to FAT32, copied everything over from HATS 1.71. I made a backup of my keys with Lockpick RCM and did a emuMMC backup. So far so good.

I tried loading Atmosphere using fusee.bin in the Payload section, the screen shows a Atmosphere image but it just stays that way.

yes to no use a pre created package, read the guide and upgrade everything from the official repos, Mainly Atmosphère and Hekate.

Reactions: Blythe93

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You tried the config in the hekate_ipl? HATS use fss0 instead of fusee.bin

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've wanted to know if there's any way to play super smash bros ultimate mods without a half baked answer. There's barely any good answer, post or a fully explained tutorial on which server I can use, or an alternative server at the most since I'm aware it's a bit dicey.
Don't know why people would be on the fence about how to respond to this question. You can play mods for any game as long as you place them in the appropriate folder.
Hi, I have been playing Factorio 1.0.69 for four days straight no problem at all..

then I updated to 1.0.107, but after passing the "factorio" logo loading screen it crashes

then so i went back to 1.0.69 and the weird thing is that after factorio logo loading screen, it crashes as well, black screen pop out and says "the sofware was closed because an error occured.

so i deleted the save ticket, save data, the game itself and re-install the 1.0.69, but it crashes everytime, no file is in there, i mean i wipe it out as far as i know

anyone idea on how to fix this?
i was playing before without any problem at all at 1.0.69
and im fine playing with 1.0.69 no more update

please help me
Do you have any game mods and/or sysmodules enabled?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CWaffles @ CWaffles: Yup. I install LM2 HD a little while ago