Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi - I have a modded switch running SXOS - I cannot seem to figure out how to install JKSV. Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to manually install it? I saw somewhere to just place the JKSV.nro file in the switch subfolder, and I did that, but it doesn't seem to come up.

I had the switch modded by Modzville and followed his instructions for setting up SXOS. It boots up right into SXOS. Not sure if that makes any difference in the way he had me set it up.

Thanks in advance.
You copy the .nro file to the "Switch" folder then restart Switch. It will show inside the Homebrew folder on the Switch.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see Homebrew by clicking on the Tinfoil folder but do not see JKSV there. I do not have a Homebrew folder on the main screen - not sure what I am doing wrong.
When you click on the "Album" icon it should enter the Homebrew folder. Does that work?
Another option is to hold down the R Trigger and press A on any game icon from homescreen while holding R, it should enter homebrew menu, then release the R trigger. That is actually a better way to enter homebrew menu, gives full memory access to the homebrew apps.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
do you know how I can transfer the save file to an unmodified switch
It can be done with Island Transfer Tool, but there are things you need to know before you do this:
1) As @BigOnYa said, transferring a save file from a modded Switch to an unmodded Switch will likely result in a ban. If it's the other way around, it should be OK. I know my Lite is still working properly and I've transferred its ACNH save file via Island Transfer Tool to the modded Switch.
2) During transfer, the save file on a source Switch will be removed upon completion, while the previous one (if it even existed) on the target Switch will be overwritten with the one from the source Switch.

The only "safe" way to transfer save from modded to unmodded console would be to mod the other console, create emuNAND and restore the save file via JKSV. The Island Transfer Tool isn't needed in that case, JKSV works like a charm.

I guess my kid will have to start Animal Crossing from scratch.
That would be much better, yes. If your kid hasn't played Animal Crossing from the start, they'll miss soem of the early things you do with your island. I remember when my girlfriend started playing the game on a separate profile and when we saw that she'll be a new resident on my island instead of getting her own.

Now... I'm not sure if connecting the modded Switch and the unmodded Switch for a local multiplayer session is safe for the unmodded one (Probably not? Otherwise, there would be way too many unhappy people.), but I know it works really good between two modded Switches that me and my girlfriend are playing on. There's a lot of fun to be had if two of you play together on either one of the islands (teaming up for the competitions, helping each other with chores and stuff, can be fun!).

Anyway, those were my two cents. Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: BigOnYa

Jason_Leviticus

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
eMMC connection failure, chip probably died.
emuMMC doesnt need the eMMC and can boot just fine from SD card.
but if I restart and go straight into pirated game it plays fine but if I put it to sleep and then try playing it plays fine for a few hours then freezes for ex in xenoblade it almost always freezes when going to saving menu.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It can be done with Island Transfer Tool, but there are things you need to know before you do this:
1) As @BigOnYa said, transferring a save file from a modded Switch to an unmodded Switch will likely result in a ban. If it's the other way around, it should be OK. I know my Lite is still working properly and I've transferred its ACNH save file via Island Transfer Tool to the modded Switch.
2) During transfer, the save file on a source Switch will be removed upon completion, while the previous one (if it even existed) on the target Switch will be overwritten with the one from the source Switch.

The only "safe" way to transfer save from modded to unmodded console would be to mod the other console, create emuNAND and restore the save file via JKSV. The Island Transfer Tool isn't needed in that case, JKSV works like a charm.

That would be much better, yes. If your kid hasn't played Animal Crossing from the start, they'll miss soem of the early things you do with your island. I remember when my girlfriend started playing the game on a separate profile and when we saw that she'll be a new resident on my island instead of getting her own.

Now... I'm not sure if connecting the modded Switch and the unmodded Switch for a local multiplayer session is safe for the unmodded one (Probably not? Otherwise, there would be way too many unhappy people.), but I know it works really good between two modded Switches that me and my girlfriend are playing on. There's a lot of fun to be had if two of you play together on either one of the islands (teaming up for the competitions, helping each other with chores and stuff, can be fun!).

Anyway, those were my two cents. Good luck and have fun!
Thanks. I got a second unmodded Switch so my kid could play online. He's just going to have to start from scratch - wasn't pleased when I told him but he can still play on the modded Switch as well.

perfectlaklak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Guys. I am new to switch and I just got my first second-hand switch. I would like to mod my switch (It is unpatched: XAJ70006953XXX). I am already at the latest version: 17.0.1
I have prepared a brand new sd card (512gb).

I was about to find someone to mod it for me (Like 120 CAD) but then I found that unpatched switch can be modded easily.

My question is that should I get a RCMloader on amazon? It seems that I do not need to connect to my pc or anything (sounds so convenient)?

Or I should just get a RCM Jig only?

I do not want too many steps (and RCM loader is 20 dollar which in the case I am ok to pay this extra)

Beside that, do I need to format my sd card before hand?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys. I am new to switch and I just got my first second-hand switch. I would like to mod my switch (It is unpatched: XAJ70006953XXX). I am already at the latest version: 17.0.1
I have prepared a brand new sd card (512gb).

I was about to find someone to mod it for me (Like 120 CAD) but then I found that unpatched switch can be modded easily.

My question is that should I get a RCMloader on amazon? It seems that I do not need to connect to my pc or anything (sounds so convenient)?

Or I should just get a RCM Jig only?

I do not want too many steps (and RCM loader is 20 dollar which in the case I am ok to pay this extra)

Beside that, do I need to format my sd card before hand?

If you don't want to connect to a computer then get the rcm loader, you need a computer or an android device if you only have the jig.

Alternatively you can install a modchip like Trinket m0.

perfectlaklak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't want to connect to a computer then get the rcm loader, you need a computer or an android device if you only have the jig.

Alternatively you can install a modchip like Trinket m0.
Thanks for your reply! That's so quick! I basically know nothing about switch since I mainly focus on PC game or software. Modchip is probably more complicated than I need tho haha since my switch is unpatched.

Then I would go for the rcm loader! Just wondering with the rcm loader do I have to upgrade their system or something? It does not mention anything about what firmware it is.

but it has some "details"
-build-in payload: hekate ctcaer 4.2, ReiNX-c623452, SX loader 1.0
-->But it also states that it has been upgraded or something

-If I am getting a RCM loader and mod my switch, can I download Tinfoil?
-Should I format the sd card before using the loader?

Thanks a lot

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply! That's so quick! I basically know nothing about switch since I mainly focus on PC game or software. Modchip is probably more complicated than I need tho haha since my switch is unpatched.

Then I would go for the rcm loader! Just wondering with the rcm loader do I have to upgrade their system or something? It does not mention anything about what firmware it is.

but it has some "details"
-build-in payload: hekate ctcaer 4.2, ReiNX-c623452, SX loader 1.0
-->But it also states that it has been upgraded or something

-If I am getting a RCM loader and mod my switch, can I download Tinfoil?
-Should I format the sd card before using the loader?

Thanks a lot

That quite old, hekate 4.2 was for firmware 6.1.0, so you got around that firmware. Reinx and SX OS are both no longer supported so you would have to use Atmosphere CFW.

You can use tinfoil to download games if you know what shops that are still active. We can't provide shops url since it is piracy/warez so keep that in mind.

You should probably format and start fresh, and do a nand backup. Anyway all the RCM loader now are clone of the original, there was issues with updating these clone, so you might have to chainload hekate payload.

perfectlaklak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That quite old, hekate 4.2 was for firmware 6.1.0, so you got around that firmware. Reinx and SX OS are both no longer supported so you would have to use Atmosphere CFW.

You can use tinfoil to download games if you know what shops that are still active. We can't provide shops url since it is piracy/warez so keep that in mind.

You should probably format and start fresh, and do a nand backup. Anyway all the RCM loader now are clone of the original, there was issues with updating these clone, so you might have to chainload hekate payload.
Thanks again! for the game I will find a way to work around once I get to that step. And thanks for reminding me to do a nand backup!

For the format, is there any specific format I need for RCM loader?

Yea I did realize that hekate 4.2 is too old so I may need to check the loader (if it can be connected to my PC) because the description can be incorrect. I just ordered it right now and should come in two days with the jig. If it does not work as expected, I might just use the jig (I checked youtube video which is about 1 month ago - sort of recent and should work). And also everything can be returned since I ordered it on amazon.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again! for the game I will find a way to work around once I get to that step. And thanks for reminding me to do a nand backup!

For the format, is there any specific format I need for RCM loader?

Yea I did realize that hekate 4.2 is too old so I may need to check the loader (if it can be connected to my PC) because the description can be incorrect. I just ordered it right now and should come in two days with the jig. If it does not work as expected, I might just use the jig (I checked youtube video which is about 1 month ago - sort of recent and should work). And also everything can be returned since I ordered it on amazon.

payload are in .bin format, Issues with newer rcm loader is that the payload on the device cannot be updated.

You should read this guide to give you some understanding of switch hacking.

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

perfectlaklak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
payload are in .bin format, Issues with newer rcm loader is that the payload on the device cannot be updated.

You should read this guide to give you some understanding of switch hacking.

Thanks for letting me know! And i am reading the one you sent. It looks less complicated and I would probably go with the jig!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: Dong: EXPANDED