Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

sisowb182

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi yesterday I modded my switch and I messed up by connecting to Nintendo servers. It would be banned soon I believe

iirc I created roughly 30gb of space for the emummc, any way I can get it back? Do I format the SD card and mod it all over again? It took me a good while to download a couple games so Ill be glad if I don't have to format my SD card and hack it again.
Also, is there any point of the emummc now that my switch is banned

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi yesterday I modded my switch and I messed up by connecting to Nintendo servers. It would be banned soon I believe

iirc I created roughly 30gb of space for the emummc, any way I can get it back? Do I format the SD card and mod it all over again? It took me a good while to download a couple games so Ill be glad if I don't have to format my SD card and hack it again.
Also, is there any point of the emummc now that my switch is banned
That's a bummer. Just in case it's not banned yet, I'd suggest that you start from scratch, possibly do the factory reset (don't do it unless you did something on sysMMC) and follow one of the recommended guides in order to create emuMMC. Make sure to set up DNS MITM this time around on your emuMMC in order to block Nintendo servers.

As for whether there's a point in creating emuMMC, I believe that there are two reasons that I can think of: 1) if you mess up something on your emuMMC, you can always recreate it, provided that sysMMC is still working properly and 2) since emuMMC is using external memory, it reduced the wear on the Switch internal memory, therefore prolonging your console's life cycle. I could be wrong about 2nd point, but I'm sure the less you use the internal memory, the more it'll last. Any memory, really. SD cards are easily replaceable.

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to console hacking. I've had my Switch hacked for the past few years now only briefly touching and updating it when a new game that requires new firmware comes out. However, ever since July 2023, I've gotten into Smash Bros modding and have been uploading videos regularly on my YouTube Channel. For the most part, my Switch ran fine with Smash Bros mods until last night where I installed a WiP Superman character mod then my console started crashing at the Smash Bros menu with the below image. I at first just thought that it was just the WiP Superman mod causing issues, so I deleted it but the console still crashes at the Smash Bros menu. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop my Switch from crashing? The console also made some .bin crash reports on my SD card, would it help if I shared them on this forum? If so, how can I do that?

Edit: Ok, so I just now played a level of Super Mario Bros. Wonder with no issues, so hopefully this crashing problem only has to do with Smash Bros and Smash Bros mods?

Last edited by RookieHaxer,

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a complete n00b when it comes to console hacking. I've had my Switch hacked for the past few years now only briefly touching and updating it when a new game that requires new firmware comes out. However, ever since July 2023, I've gotten into Smash Bros modding and have been uploading videos regularly on my YouTube Channel. For the most part, my Switch ran fine with Smash Bros mods until last night where I installed a WiP Superman character mod then my console started crashing at the Smash Bros menu with the below image. I at first just thought that it was just the WiP Superman mod causing issues, so I deleted it but the console still crashes at the Smash Bros menu. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to stop my Switch from crashing? The console also made some .bin crash reports on my SD card, would it help if I shared them on this forum? If so, how can I do that?

Edit: Ok, so I just now played a level of Super Mario Bros. Wonder with no issues, so hope this crashing problem only has to do with Smash Bros and Smash Bros mods?

What did you use to install the mods?

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Edit: Ok, so I just now played a level of Super Mario Bros. Wonder with no issues, so hopefully this crashing problem only has to do with Smash Bros and Smash Bros mods?

Going by program ID alone, did you try this? Here's another solution.

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you use to install the mods?
I get my mods from gamebanana.com and then connect my Switch to my PC and then drag the modded files into the mods folder as scene here using Atmosphere and ARCropolis 3.0.0
Post automatically merged:

Going by program ID alone, did you try this? Here's another solution.
I'll try the solution from the 1st link when I get home:
1. move contents/titles forlder to somewhere safe
2. delete these folders: atmosphere, bootloader, sept, switch, config.
3. extract atmosphere into microsd card again with hekate, etc

Is there a specific guide that you'd recommend to jog my memory of how to delete Atmosphere and then reinstall Atmosphere safely?

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a folder named "010041544D530000" in the "atmosphere\contents" folder of your SD?

I would look into how to uninstall the mod as well or disable it. I assume your issue is the mod.

Last edited by Doctorbeefy,

RookieHaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a folder named "010041544D530000" in the "atmosphere\contents" folder of your SD?

I would look into how to uninstall the mod as well or disable it. I assume your issue is the mod.
I’ll check tonight when I get home. If I do have the folder though, should I delete it? Also like I said before, even after deleting the WIP Superman mod, the game still crashed at the Rules menu.

Doctorbeefy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ll check tonight when I get home. If I do have the folder though, should I delete it? Also like I said before, even after deleting the WIP Superman mod, the game still crashed at the Rules menu.
You have to delete it from another area as well I believe you can't just delete it from where you dragged files to the SD card.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is there a specific guide that you'd recommend to jog my memory of how to delete Atmosphere and then reinstall Atmosphere safely?
Do check @Doctorbeefy's solution first as the fresh Atmosphere/Hekate install might not be necessary.

Are you on latest Atmosphere/Hekate/sigpatches at all? If you're not on firmware 17.x.x, did you clear your prodinfo at some point in the past?

if you're on the latest version of Atmosphere/Hekate, you can follow this guide which will give you the latest Atmosphere, Hekate and some of the homebrew apps set up. Additionally, you'll need the latest sigpatches (in order to run games) and DNSMITM (to block Nintendo servers). Before deleting those other folders, I'd make a backup of them as well, just in case. You can probably restore your apps from the switch folder, provided you know which one of them aren't causing the issue with the game (I'm not familiar with mods, unfortunately). You might have some custom .ini settings set up for your Atmosphere/Hekate, which you can restore later from the folders you've made a backup of.

Marco_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hey, I read all your posts about switch hacking and I wanted to talk to you on discord, but you don't accept friends so I'll leave you my username: Marco --------#2068 @CruzeForceNew

BernieLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Guys. I'm back. This time it's worse. It says cheat service unavailable! When I try to enter breeze. It hangs and a black screen just stays on. Anyone please..?

Attachments

• IMG_20240126_224141.jpg
    IMG_20240126_224141.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina