Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

unpatchedswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've bought a 'potentially unpatched' Switch (it comes up as yellow on the 'is my switch patched' website). I already have a fully unpatched one that I've sucessfully installed atmosphere on and got games running on it, so I thought I'd see if this second 'potentially unpatched' switched could be modded too.

I'm at the point where you first use Tegra. I've connected the Switch to my PC, used the RCM jig and Tegra is detecting the device. When I press inject payload Tegra gives me the green tick, 'smashed the stack' etc so it all looks good.

The problem from this point is that the Switch screen just stays black. I'm not getting the usual text options that I'd need in order to proceed with installing atmosphere etc.

Does this mean that the Switch is patched? Or would a patched switch not even get the green tick on Tegra?

Also, the Switch itself takes a while to turn back on after I've tried this, I thought it had killed it at first as it just would not turn back on. Seems it needs the charger connected to it to get it back on.

Last edited by unpatchedswitch,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I've bought a 'potentially unpatched' Switch (it comes up as yellow on the 'is my switch patched' website). I already have a fully unpatched one that I've sucessfully installed atmosphere on and got games running on it, so I thought I'd see if this second 'potentially unpatched' switched could be modded too.

I'm at the point where you first use Tegra. I've connected the Switch to my PC, used the RCM jig and Tegra is detecting the device. When I press inject payload Tegra gives me the green tick, 'smashed the stack' etc so it all looks good.

The problem from this point is that the Switch screen just stays black. I'm not getting the usual text options that I'd need in order to proceed with installing atmosphere etc.

Does this mean that the Switch is patched? Or would a patched switch not even get the green tick on Tegra?

Also, the Switch itself takes a while to turn back on after I've tried this, I thought it had killed it at first as it just would not turn back on. Seems it needs the charger connected to it to get it back on.
Read here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/
Hopefully you don't have to change your user name. :D

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Blythe93

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Question ma dudes im migrating to a new sd and dont remember if I can just crate partition for linux and android now for later use and then copy my previous card and later i can flash android on the existing partition or it will wipe my card again :D?
In short will android or linux flash/install on the alredy existing partition format my whole SD card?

solved :D

Last edited by Lamcza,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If your Tegra is giving you normal access to your first unpatched Switch, but then gives you a black screen on your second Switch, then all indications point to a patched second Switch, sorry to tell. A patched Switch can still enter RCM and will still be detected properly (green) by Tegra. The only problem is that it won't run payloads, hence it is patched.

Reactions: unpatchedswitch

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-defin...atched-or-not-purchases-after-07-2018.512018/

Do this, if it return 0x0000 it means it is patched.

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an og unpatched switch that's ready for geriatric care at this point.

I'm confident I can follow a guide and jig it etc; I've put homebrew on dozens of other consoles at this point. I only really have one question:

Is there a homebrew solution to making splatposts without a fb or twitter acc in splatoon 3? I'd like to draw and make art but I don't wish to make an account on zuck's lizard terrarium or musky husky's fascism frat.

Thanks; I get the feeling the answer is no but I felt like asking anyway.

• Haha

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an og unpatched switch that's ready for geriatric care at this point.

I'm confident I can follow a guide and jig it etc; I've put homebrew on dozens of other consoles at this point. I only really have one question:

Is there a homebrew solution to making splatposts without a fb or twitter acc in splatoon 3? I'd like to draw and make art but I don't wish to make an account on zuck's lizard terrarium or musky husky's fascism frat.

Thanks; I get the feeling the answer is no but I felt like asking anyway.

Yes it require an account.

killam42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello once again, wanting to put switchroot on a separate 128gb sd card, just was wondering what I need to copy and paste from my main sd card on my modchipped switch onto the switchroot card?

lazyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using sys clk to set my handheld gpu clock to 614mhz, however, it appears it can't get over 460mhz. I have oled switch and i should be able to go to 614mhz without any further modifications, but I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

SkyeS

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just brave myself to update my switch to 17.0.0 after reading many guide and i got this:
Error Code: 2168-0002 (0x4a8)
Program: 010000000000100D

I was sweating and I thought of bringing it to repair shop.
I am not tech savvy.. So it is scary (for me at least). Then I found someone at youtube (sorry i forget your name, good sir) explaining it is just RAM issue and... It works.

So, if anyone encounter this same error and you're a total noob like me. Just press R + any game you installed to run on Full RAM mode.

Because I tried many solutions that doesn't work. So I just want to share.

Regards

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What's the safest way to link one of my profiles to my Nintendo account?
On my first Switch before making an emuNAND I've already linked my Nintendo account on OFW so it was transferred over to emuNAND.
On my second Switch, however, I didn't link to my Nintendo account on OFW so it wasn't transferred over to emuNAND.

I'd like to get Mario themed items in Animal Crossing New Horizons and, apparently, that's only possible if the profile you're playing on has a Nintendo account linked.

kuroudeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I get this screen when I try to back up my save data for Pokémon Scarlett, I can back up other games fine, but how do I get rid of this error?
20240113_085912 (1).JPG

QWERTY_YTREWQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Was the crash problem in 17.0 for people using incognito ever fixed?
I still prefer having a blank serial number in emumcc than a manual dns I can accidentally mess up.

StuntZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished installing atmosphere and tried to connect to the shop, it just keeps telling me it cannot connect to the server, i've googled some, found some advice that i've tried and still nothing has seemed to work. From what I've gathered the hosts file is too basic or something like that, but I haven't been able to figure out what's spossed to be in there. I followed https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sd_preparation/ that guide if it helps any.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1