Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Today I tried to run Animal Crossing: New Horizons and it gave me "The software was closed because an error occurred." error. I've tried reinstalling the game a few times and had no luck so far. I'm only interested in playing it offline on my hacked Switch if possible.

I'm on 17.0.0|AMS 1.6.2, have the latest sigpatches (sys-patch as well) and I've installed the game with DBI Installer (no errors upon completion). NSPs should be alright, I've installed the version 2.0.6.

Anything i can do to make it work?

EDIT: I've managed to make it work by entering maintenance mode while booting into Atmosphere emuNAND. :lol:

Last edited by Blythe93,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I Know its a bit late but i found my old switch. Years ago i jailbreaked it and what i can remember i launched somthing in goldleaf and then i shutted it self down and didnt wanted to turn it on anymore my pc since then wont recognize it can someone please tell me if i bricked it or how do i fix it? Its now 2-3 years old since when this happend.. thanks!
If the Switch was that easy to brick, it would be considered the worlds most fragile console. Its possible the console didn't shut down properly or isn't properly powered on so we're going to make sure its fully turned off before doing anything else. To do that, first we'll try to turn it on in case its somehow off by pressing the power button once then we'll perform a manual shutdown by holding the power button for 15 seconds.

Now that its definitely off, do you use AutoRCM? If you're not sure, try plugging it into your PC again. If you don't have AutoRCM, it will just turn on like normal. If you do have AutoRCM, your computer will detect that its in RCM and you should be able to send a payload.

Reactions: Blythe93

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an alternate RST point? After what appeared to be a successful install, I setup CFW with a cart install... I even gave the Lite a cute nickname! I come back to it the next day for more endurance testing on the hwfly lite chip only to find it doesn't boot. Chip has power yellow blinks long, short, short. I probe my RST point to find it doesn't have any reading. I remove 'B' ribbon cable connection take chip out and it boots OFW. Probe the RST pad on mobo it doesn't have anything. I was given a glimpse, and I'm at a loss.

Attachments

• 5f4563cd-8898-46ef-a3d9-9e3a49e83ecb.jpg
    5f4563cd-8898-46ef-a3d9-9e3a49e83ecb.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 36c0870e-d2d4-49ab-8f35-d891f5285463.jpg
    36c0870e-d2d4-49ab-8f35-d891f5285463.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 45ee9726-23e1-452c-b674-9d5b7a661edd.jpg
    45ee9726-23e1-452c-b674-9d5b7a661edd.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 16
  • b855d9b8-7ac1-4a16-87de-8c9b6288433e.jpg
    b855d9b8-7ac1-4a16-87de-8c9b6288433e.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 6cca035f-fca1-4f13-a360-42cd2eeb03e9.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 11

Ars92

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi there, just checking, are there still no method to combine base+update+dlc? That would work with both switch, and emulators?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, just checking, are there still no method to combine base+update+dlc? That would work with both switch, and emulators?
Well, there's NSC_Builder that can do that, although I haven't used it in a very long while. It was useful in the SXOS days to run super XCIs from a hard disk, but now on Atmosphere, it's kind of useless. As for emulators, I have no idea.

broxarg

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
hi guys, super noob here.

just got my console and planning on installing a modchip. Definitely not going to do it myself. What should I ask before sending it to have this installed? How do I make sure the person doing this is up to the task (besides recommendations)?

I'm also a bit lost regarding the current state of modchips. Seems there's a type that is based on the RP2040 (are all these addressed as PicoFly?) that are super cheap, so I guess the price to install the modchip comes mostly from the installation itself. Is this correct? My model is an oled from the zelda edition, would this work correctly on my switch?

thanks!

rastelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I recently bought a new OLED switch and looking to install modchip on it. Which modchip would you guys suggest? Which one would be easiest to install? Also I am studying electronics engineering so micro soldering is no issue for me.

SkyeS

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, i install DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It installed successfully. I use dbi installer. But when i access it ingame, it asked to be linked to Nintendo Account. Is there any tips?

Last edited by SkyeS,

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i install DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It installed successfully. I use dbi installer. But when i access it ingame, it asked to be linked to Nintendo Account. Is there any tips?
There's linkhalo or something like that. Helps with games that requires account linking.

Reactions: Blythe93

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shouldn't need to link any Nintendo account, my guess you are missing some files either the dlc unlocker or the update for it.

mtnmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I recently had my OLED modded with a HWFly chip and I get error messages every time i try to open a game. The games open but the audio sorta freezes a few seconds later and then I get the error screen. Is there anything I can do to make this work? I'm running 16.0.03 with AMS 1.6.1 (BG Megapackage). Everything works fine on my V1 so I don't know whats going on.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I recently had my OLED modded with a HWFly chip and I get error messages every time i try to open a game. The games open but the audio sorta freezes a few seconds later and then I get the error screen. Is there anything I can do to make this work? I'm running 16.0.03 with AMS 1.6.1 (BG Megapackage). Everything works fine on my V1 so I don't know whats going on.
What is the error code?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a fairly technical write-up available on how the Fusee Gelee exploit works? I am not necessarily interested in the source, but a high-level overview would be a great read. Surely there's got to be some severely underappreciated banger blog-posts by some reverse engineer / researcher on the topic by now.

For something I use and rely on for my games every day, I have come to realize that I know precious little about the tools I make use of every day. Perhaps starting with the exploit that makes everything else possible (okay, technically the RCM bug, but anything hardware related might as well be black magic to me) will be a good starting point.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a fairly technical write-up available on how the Fusee Gelee exploit works? I am not necessarily interested in the source, but a high-level overview would be a great read. Surely there's got to be some severely underappreciated banger blog-posts by some reverse engineer / researcher on the topic by now.

For something I use and rely on for my games every day, I have come to realize that I know precious little about the tools I make use of every day. Perhaps starting with the exploit that makes everything else possible (okay, technically the RCM bug, but anything hardware related might as well be black magic to me) will be a good starting point.
Ktempkin released a 12 page document which she submitted to Nvidia prior to releasing it to the public which should explain how it works on a more sophisticated level.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ktempkin released a 12 page document which she submitted to Nvidia prior to releasing it to the public which should explain how it works on a more sophisticated level.
Exactly what I was looking for, tysm. Technical enough to be interesting, but not too technical that I have no clue what I'm reading. Hits the sweet spot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer